Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:11:57
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Protection for Chicago Started by: Monet on Jan 24, '12 00:44

There is a protection order for anyone from Chicago, namely the people in JesseJames's crew (RIP).

Rathbone   BigBlackMan   NewJack   Thunderbutton   EveValon   Dominus   Thumper  D_D   -Bruiser-    f

Report Post Tip

Nods to Monet

Although I understand the need to protect potential friends and colleages etc. It seems Vegas members of the former Grizzly are still falling. Yet protection has been offered to those doing so. One would assume perhaps with the exception of Shell_Shocker who was the primary reason right or wrong. All shootings should be halted...

Report Post Tip

Chicago... You're doing it WRONG!

Report Post Tip

LOL funny pic haha :)

Report Post Tip

GUN FOR SALE, GET IT WHILST IT'S HOT!

Report Post Tip

Monet and the other members of Chicago, please accept my condolences. I understand that this is a troubling time for all involved in your established City. I know my words will only go so far to comfort you, but please rest assured that New Orleans has been notified of the situation and understand that the above people are to be left untouched.

Report Post Tip

Hazlespoon while it is regrettable that a number of lower ranks who where sleeping where killed I'm sure you can appreciate the reasoning, Chicago didn't need them to wake up and help Shell Shocker and prolong things and risking the lives of Chicago members. To the best of my knowledge those that simply found themselves a new home have not been killed nor have Chicago asked for them to be killed.

Report Post Tip

Philly reads and understands thanks monet

Report Post Tip

Look to Wacktard

I am not sure how a - Gangster, Goomba or Earner could "help Shell Shocker and prolong things and risking the lives of Chicago members." When your Leader dies so does any Perma Auth that may have been granted... So there really isn't a way they could have "prolonged" things risking more lives. I am sorry but to me that seems like a veiled excuse to notch a couple more kills while you can. Which hey if you have the power so be it.  Don't get me wrong I believe in protecting people when things go ari, but when both leaders involved have been dispatched either in error or planning it should end the encounter and rebuilding should start.

Report Post Tip

Shakes head

Sorry bout the double up, the a - Gangster should read a Un - Sponsored Gangster etc.

Report Post Tip

In general, I would not condone protection requests being sent out in the midst of a battle.  The sad fact is that JesseJames died technically while his city was engaged in a fight; however, his death was ultimately not really related to that skirmish.  I am the person who authorized the deaths of those  below made because I was looking out for Chicago's best interests.  Most RHM who have just gotten lucky enough to survive an attempt on their life, after their leader  has fallen, would set up shop, and give authorization to people to help their effort.  The fact that Shell_Shocker did not take this route is well... I would say an error in defensive planning on his part. 

Report Post Tip

Does it matter what skirmish he was involved in that caused his death? I mean honestly, where are these "rules" coming from...

"Ohh sorry JJ died shooting at some other family so anyone from the family we were originally pew pewing, you do not have the right to shoot at any of his members... "   <----- really? I mean come on... God complex much? I think so...

Complete double standard; if there was a protection order on JJ's family then there should of been one on Grizzly's... end of.

Report Post Tip

Personally I would imagine no-one on the opposite side of a war cares about protection orders. They are more so for those outwith the battle itself.

I'm certain that the Godfather council put rules in place that all tagged members are given protection for 7 days and see no reason why that isn't still upheld. Again though this is only pertinent to those not involved in any war. Either side of the war will always continue to attack one another.

Report Post Tip

I think the point they were trying to make wasn't that Grizzly's family couldn't shoot back, but just that the rest of the families shouldn't shoot these people. As Las Vegas itself didn't appear to be backing Grizzly this resulted in Grizzly's family standing alone and seeing as the first wave of shots basically wiped nearly everyone in the family who could have put up an effective resistance, Grizzly's family never stood a chance after the first wave of hits. The fight was still open for Grizzly's family to retaliate, unfortunately for them, next to no one was left alive who could make a difference. It was an efficient take down as far as i can see. I do however agree that it is a shame that so many young men and women were killed, but these are the tragedies of war.

Report Post Tip

Does it matter what skirmish he was involved in that caused his death? I mean honestly, where are these "rules" coming from...

"Ohh sorry JJ died shooting at some other family so anyone from the family we were originally pew pewing, you do not have the right to shoot at any of his members... "   <----- really? I mean come on... God complex much? I think so...

Complete double standard; if there was a protection order on JJ's family then there should of been one on Grizzly's... end of.

What rules?  We requested protection on our members, and honestly, I have to say I don't really think that it matters what you think about that, unless you thought about it and decided to ignore that request. I feel quite certain that those few people who may have shot at Chicago from Grizzly's family did not believe our request to apply to them. 

Report Post Tip

I'm not against "Protection lists" I just feel that maybe that police officer heard about all of this!

Points to the officer standing a block or so down heading this way.

I dunno about you guys, But I dont go shouting in the streets about people you think might get killed... What if teh enermy Or enermys friends heard you?

Protection lists are not required really, every family abides by their rules, which most family rules say; dont shoot anything stupid.

Unless they have permission from their leader I dont think they would if they had something on their suit (OOC: Quote/Picture) regarding a family insinuation.

Stumbles off drunk like the genuis he is...

Report Post Tip

Jessie, an unsponsered mafioso is able to be killed. What's the difference between an insanely well protected don with no sponsor and a goomba with no sponsor? Nothing. Protection order was completely justified. 

Report Post Tip

On the contrary ThirdSun.

Provisions were put in place by the Godfather Council that was meant to stop the requirement of these announcements. They are in fact no longer required as everyone is given 7 days of protection if their leader falls.

If I remember correct, the 7 days applies to unsponsored members that carry some sort of affliation on their body only, anyone not displaying any such allegiance is considered fair game. Also, anyone that has been asleep long enough to be regarded as inactive and is under Made rank is also fair game, however if Made Man or above they would then be afforded the 7 days as a courtesy to their rank.

That said; Seeing a protection list being announced doesn't bother me in the slightest, I see no reason for anyone to complain about people ensuring others safety.

I can also assure Eve that Dutch_Man had no intention to attack anyone from Chicago, while his view may have come across strongly, this wasn't meant as any attack on yourself or your city, he was simply stating his view on the matter at hand.

Report Post Tip

hmmm i am not sure i wanted to chime in but now i do aren't the protection threads REQUESTS? If you choose not to listen and are ok with any consequences that could come from not choosing to grant said group safety then what the hell is the problem?

Report Post Tip

I have no problem with protection lists being put up, As we know there are some new or returned people that do not know about the God Father councils ruleing on Protection orders so a protection list works both ways in protecting those on it and protecting these new comers from making a fatal mistake. Is it wrong to want to protect your members from harm or making a fatal mistake?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Protection for Chicago
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL