Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 14:57:37
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
IDEAS: V-Day - Improvements for next year? Started by: Squishy on Feb 19, '12 02:29

Sooo, this year had a small rough patch starting up in round 1, but ignoring the bugs in that round... What can we do to improve it next year? What worked well, what didnt work so well? Give me some feedback so we can make this a better event next year :)

Report Post Tip

More rounds! 

Report Post Tip

If possible, the person with the most VDAY wacks on a particular person should get the kill for doing the most damage. Just a suggestion, overall I thought it was a blast and am looking forward to it next year, well done.

Report Post Tip

I had a great time - kudos to the staff and all the hardwork and lack of sleep involved.

Suggestions: Maybe have a round where everyone's names are scrambled? Making it more chaotic. :-)

Report Post Tip

I liked how everything was. I wish I got more eliminations, but that was just a timing issue on my part. Overall, everything was great to me! If we do more rounds, then make them shorter, and guns do more damage, or something.

Report Post Tip

vary round lengths and gun strengths, don't have identical rounds running all day. maybe consider assigning random teams for rounds? I really enjoyed it though :)

Report Post Tip

I think that you should ween us off 1 minute wack next year.  After VDAY... 10 minute shots, then 15, then 20.... so on

Report Post Tip

I'd suggest to get a Durden team in the mix somehow but I can imagine that the coding would be horrendous.

Report Post Tip

I like the idea of people signing up and there being random teams.

Report Post Tip

random teams could be very interesting as seemed the same people waving each time

Report Post Tip

I really like Trunks' suggestion, it was really annoying to put in a bunch of hits and then have it stolen by some jackass that had been f5ing the profile you were hitting.

Other than that, nothing, it was a great experience and I can't wait until next year.

Report Post Tip

I would like to see pseudonyms/numbers/whatever given to all players at the start of each round. Will make it harder to target specific individuals each round / go for one city over another. It will still be possible to team up by changing your IRC name to your pseudonym or what have you, but it would be a bit more difficult. Incog players won't be faced with the dilemma of revealing their incog through IRC, etc., to help with coordination through an entire city -- they can just reveal the pseudonym that would change at the end of vday anyway.

Maybe turn off health-decay, but increase the amount of damage gained per kill. There was never a problem with offline people surviving to the end this time around, so I don't see the reason for health decay at all.

I liked that guns started out landing few failures - this was a great improvement over previous rounds (where it was closer to 50/50 and you had to train the ability to hit) and would like to see that retained.

Report Post Tip

Scrambling names would make it more challenging (=

Report Post Tip

I'd like to see it go back to longer rounds and have hit chance relate to health again like last year. There was a lot of strategy thrown out this year.

Report Post Tip

I think you should do it over a week 2 rounds a day 00:00 to 12:00 then 12:00 to 00:00 make it so you have 5 lives and can be proed for 5 mins it would make it interesting

Report Post Tip

Need a safe guard for ganging up on people. Say some type of wack back. I didn't really care for the coward-play-style from many that were in the contest. If they want to be on top they should be forced to kill even their friends. For example, say someone shoots you and then nine other players shoot you. The way the wackback could work is say if after the first shooter attacked you, you were guaranteed a 100% wack back for the next five minutes from other shooters besides the first shooter. This will ensure if a player or group of players want to be the last man standing they will have to fight for it tooth and nail. However a wack back would not count towards your shot skill. You would get no points for a wack back. Also another safe guard should be put in place where if the game senses a player is using the wack back to weaken him or her self faster for the sake of other players, there should be a feature where their gun blows up and they are knocked out of the round.

Report Post Tip

A little something more. Also say player A shot at player B and then Player B at Player C. Player C would then have 100% wack back from other shooters for the next five minutes and would be able to shoot at Player B, however, as soon as Player C shoots at Player B, Player B would have 100% wack back from all other Players for the next five minutes inculding Player A. I just wanted to clear that up. So it wasn't unclear. And what's up with all these nasty scrips, learn how to write a scrip.

Report Post Tip

Im enjoying seeing that because some people were bothered enough to get off their arses and get organised we should stop it somehow next year.

The chance was there for all. Just none of you took it.

Report Post Tip

Agreed, for me working as a team is a must, time and time again its proven this is they way to be successful, if you dont manage or at least try to organise a group on some scale, then more fool you.

Although the wb feature to some extent might be interesting.

Report Post Tip

once the game was fixed it was great but scrambling the names could be interesting. working as a team is a must but i think it was too easy for the same groups to taget the same people over and over again. Perhaps some method of separating normal game characters form vday character.perhaps a registration for a vday account

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: IDEAS: V-Day - Improvements for next year?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL