Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:44:26
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Rank & Levels Started by: Squishy on Feb 27, '12 18:23

We are doing a 3 part change over the next few weeks.

We are changing the meaning of rank, and introducing Level.

Level is a representation of your experience, basically how far you have progressed according to the games eyes.

Rank will be a representation of your position in the family, basically how far you have progressed according to your family's eyes.

Right now on the end of the math we do to determine if you succeed or fail in something, it adds in a bonus at the end according to rank, level will be included soon to act as a boost.

Rank will soo no longer be given to you by the game, but by your family. You guys wanted to put the importance back into rank, well here it is.

No more information is available until all 3 are fully implemented and posted about.

Thank you for your patience while we implement these changes.

Report Post Tip

I have to say out of all the changes made recently this is by far one of the best in my humble opinion.

Report Post Tip

What a fantastic change :)

Report Post Tip

Another great change :)

Report Post Tip

this sounds amazing, cant wait to see it implemented. Wickedness :)

Report Post Tip

this is great :)

Report Post Tip

It sounds like a great idea to be honest.

I have to say that I personally disagree with it being visible to all in the profile screen however.

Nice feature but can we please remove leles from public view?

Report Post Tip

I disagree, I dont see how this will make rank more in peoples control.

It has done nothing but let everyone see how many units/Peoples earning potential someone has.

Will we really see Wiseguys sitting at level 35? I think not, nothing will change except that the whole world will see that they are being held back... adding that extra more bit of pressure to promote people.

Report Post Tip

Jessi people already know if they are being held back by the amount of units they can carry.

Also if you read it, it says rank will now be determined by the family head, not the game. So I'd say the idea of min times to rank or so many units could get thrown right out the window.

I'm just guessing here though.

Report Post Tip

So you decided to accept my suggestion on ranks? I feel so proud.

Report Post Tip

I love this change,you guys are great !

Report Post Tip

I know this Dante, you can see if you are personally being held back... But now with the level system the entire world will see if someone is being held back. Adding even more pressure?

Report Post Tip

Not really adding anymore pressure than shouting out on IRC that such and such is holding me back. No crew leader should be pressured by others to promote, if they don't feel someone has done enough for the rank then it's their prerogative to hold them from it. The idea of min times has got people think that because they are a certain age and have the right number of units they are automatically entitled to the rank, which in my eye's is completely wrong.

This to me opens a ton of avenues if I have this right, we could no properly see the families having say a number of capo's who are in charge of a number of mademen each, these made men are in turn in charge of a number associates.

Report Post Tip

Not sure I like this idea tbh, you'll easily see who is close to Godfather rather than with educated guess via drug front properties. This will cause a big change to wars and cause more wars to prevent people getting Godfather.

Report Post Tip

Not sure about this one. It seems like it is adding something to the game. But I'm not really sure what purpose it entirley serves. 

But, there are more changes to come and it will all tie together when it's finished.

Report Post Tip

Just seems to be taking away the chance of privacy, as much as I understand jessie's point about pressure to promote it takes away the chance to be the mysterious ones.

One of the main things I enjoy about MR Is the Intel gathering required to know your opponent. Sure we know who is IWP but only that player themselves know how many bgs they actually have, unless they wish to boast on Irc.

Report Post Tip

Its great to see the Gods constantly implementing changes and continually evolve the game. Thanks Squishy! 

Report Post Tip

Another terrible move on the level of removing NPC's and adding CA's.

Report Post Tip

I like the idea. I agree with dante but I also agree with Leo. What if we cut off the level info at the Don rank

Report Post Tip

Another terrible move on the level of removing NPC's and adding CA's.

Please tell everyone why removing NPCs and adding CA's was a poor move? Imo, it was a great move. NPCs were unrealistic. They benefited only the CLs, the CAs provide much more for the game base as a whole rather than simply earning cash for CLs to live off of.

I'm not sure on the merits of this change; but i'll at least give time for it to bed in to see how it plays out before making critical comments on the hard work of others.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Rank & Levels
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL