Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 15:15:18
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The God Of The Dead Takes A Rest Started by: Anubis on May 30, '12 01:27

As you all have most likely already noticed, I haven't exactly been around much lately. There is a reason for that. I've been hard at work getting my own game studio up and running -- Destructo Game Studios and haven't really had the time to be a coder for MR like I would like. So it's with a heavy heart, and eyes wide with anticipation, that I write this. It's a parting letter, of sorts, but I'll still be around on IRC and in sporadic playing accounts to check up on you all. I'm retiring Anubis the admin, and focusing on Travis the business owner.

I'm not focusing on browser games, it's not like I'm rushing off to build a competing website to MR. Far from it. I'm focusing on Android games, like my first release Killer Party, which is currently up on Kickstarter trying to get funding, and me, the wife and our soon to be two kids would love it if you'd help along the funding so I could focus on development.

I have to say, I love this game, the people here. Without you there wouldn't be me today. Scott, Izzy, Squishy, whatever you want to call yourself today, you gave me a chance to redeem myself. You saved me from being the deadbeat dad I had feared I was going to become, and showed me that I could actually succeed in this world of programming, given a hand up. Yes we've butt heads a few times, but it was always for the best reasons, and I never once considered you any less than a friend.

Greg, Mario, you have been one of my best friends here since I was just a player. You taught me how to code for this game, and then you set me free to try my hand. No doubt there wouldn't have been the me to have Scott help up without the you that took the time to teach me.

tiggy...oh dear tiggy. How I loath you. And love you! You're the greatest bitch a man could ever talk to, and I say that with a smile on my face. You taught me the ropes when it came to admining, both here and on IRC. You get a bad rap, and I think if people took the time to actually talk to you like a human they'd realize that. Or not. Maybe I'm just immune to you because I've been on the receiving end of your rage kills more than once.

There are more, and I'm not going to list you all. You know who you are, and some of you don't even play at the moment. But these three people over the course of the last 5 years or so have helped me become the father, and programmer, that I am today.

Who says playing games will get you no where?

Report Post Tip

Best of luck to you and your new venture. Haven't talked to you before but seeing you around irc I'm sure your a good man. Keep us updated on the Android games. I'll support you

Report Post Tip

This is great news. Sad for MR in a way, but happy as well. I wish you all the best. Thanks for all the help and what you did for this great game.

Report Post Tip

Good luck Anubis. We will all miss you dearly. You've been a great help to us all and we all love you. :)

Report Post Tip

I lub you Nubby <3

Report Post Tip

Wish you well Travis. MR takes a hit with you resigning, but its awesome that you're pushing forward to do your own thing. Good luck bro, we're all pulling for you!

Report Post Tip

I've been in and around a few of your projects Travis and can definitely vouch for your work ethic... it's non-stop. Keep it up with your own business and it'll take off no problems.

This place is losing out on great admin/coder and there will be a big hole left behind from you which I hope can be replaced.

That being said, the very best of luck man. You deserve it!

Report Post Tip

I can't believe this hasn't received more attention than it has. This guy helped to keep the game that we all love and are addicted to going.

An00bis... I love ya man. No homo! You've always been great to talk to about random shit in PM. Keep the lock picking going too! We shall scouse you up no fucking problem one day! Our plans will come to fruition.

Good luck with Destructo and Killer Party. Will help you as much as I can.

<3

Report Post Tip

Clearly Travis done more work behind the scenes than was appreciated. You have worked side by side with the founders of this game and helped mould it to what it is today my friend, I really hope people begin to show their appreciation for you.

I miss you already mate, as I told you on facebook.

Love and kisses as always,

Marco

Report Post Tip

Good luck anubis

Report Post Tip

Good Luck!  Send us links so we can help out.

Report Post Tip

Good luck anubis, I hope you come back to us when you have the time.

Report Post Tip

Good luck and all the best.

Report Post Tip

You are a great guy Travis, one that will be sorely missed for a while to come. I always enjoyed our PM's and you gave me a fair few greet worthy quotes! I wish you luck in your new venture and whatever may lead from it.

I'll always be here to help you with anything you need, but you already know that :)

God speed matey.

<3

Report Post Tip

Haven't really ever spoken to you but all the same good luck on any ventures you go after don't forget us :)

Report Post Tip

Good luck Anubis.....

Report Post Tip

I'll be sure to check the games out man, considering that I have an Android :D Good luck Anubis!

Report Post Tip

Good luck man. I hope it all goes good.

Report Post Tip

BEST REGARDS-IN WHAT ---YOU CHOOSE,THE WAY YOU ARE HEADING...GOD BLESS---YOU WILL BE MISSED ...

Report Post Tip

Wish you the best of luck.  Hate to see you leave.  Each time I've talked to it as been a pleasure.  BREAK A LEG!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The God Of The Dead Takes A Rest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL