Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:06:46
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Events In New York! Started by: Lancelot on Jul 10, '12 16:23

A battle weary Lancelot steps out of the funeral parlour and makes his way over to the street corner, taking a good look around to check for law enforcement, he sees the coast is clear, pulling out his gun he fires one shot into the air to get everyones attention then begins to speak to the masses...

"With the untimely death of our Godfather Marston a meeting was called to discuss how we move forward and who would take over the day to day running of the city, it was decided that I would take over as city head and continue what we all started, Marston's vision was to have a unified city; he held us together and encouraged us to work as a singular family, and not as four separate crews. When Kurtz was in charge of Joy Division, everything was great, we all helped each other, there was no friction, but this was all to change once Manius stepped into the big man's shoes.

"The change wasn't immediate, but it wasn't long before it became apparent that members of Manius's inner circle were trying to force a wedge between Apples and the rest of the city. Marston was the first to notice it, and eventually he was forced to stomp it out by firing his disgraceful Right Hand Man, Dominion, who was at the center of the clique that were doing this.

"Following Marston's death, the three leaders that remain alive today, saw an immediate change in Manius's previous attitude. A man that had not spoken to any of us in a month was suddenly everyone's best friend. This is a man that during the war against Detroit, was claiming to have no spare pro wackers, yet we caught statements of his lower ranks receiving protection, while ours were being shared and some of our most valuable members killed because they were forced to go without. He was not a team player, and we all lost several members we shouldn't have, due to his selfishness.

"Manius' two-facedness was all too apparent to us, while we were being shown his smiles and handshakes; we were hearing the whispers that he was biding his time before making an assault on Apples. The three of us were united in our decision to remove him; we knew the job would be messy so we sought outside help. We went to our strongest ally and requested his assistance, after everything our two cities had been through together, he wanted to ensure Marston's legacy would continue as unscathed as possible by offering his help to our side in removing them as cleanly as possible.

"Now I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for my actions, the bottom line is we didn't trust Manius or his crew and acted accordingly. RIP to all those that lost their lives on both sides, I wish their kin all the best in their future endeavors, I now look forward to working closely with SammyGarcini and Apples to continue what we started, hopefully in a peaceful atmosphere."

Report Post Tip

Cool story bro.

Report Post Tip

Seriously? This is the vaunted "we can't talk during war time" announcement? It reads as though it were written by a five year old.

You could have boiled it down thusly: "Manius was nice to us. So we shot him."

Honestly. I know my standards are low for, but you guys still find ways to fall short of them.

Report Post Tip

"I now look forward to working closely with SammyGarcini and Apples to continue what we started, hopefully in a peaceful atmosphere"

This really did make me chuckle, I look forward to see New York tear itself apart while these two fight for who will get to become godfather. That is going to be the only comedy show worth watching around here for some time.

Now as for the worth of this speech all I can do is echo what has already been said. This is it? Really, this is what to expect from a leadership that has spent the night dodging fire from one gun. This is what wasn't able to be brought to the front because they didn't have the time.

What it smacks to me is this, with Ire they had a wild card. Didn't know what way it would go and weren't willing to commit themselves to a statement just in case she upset things and took one or all of the leaders out. Sadly that didn't happen, the respectable lady died, and like raw milk the scum has risen to the top.

Report Post Tip

This is all just a big game of chess. Decisions you make down will effect you weeks and weeks down the line. You just have to predecit if your moves here will effect you in a good way or a bad way. 

Report Post Tip

Megan fox leans on a wall after Lanecelots shot his gun off. Sure, he got everyones attention, but Megan also lost her hearing for a slight moment.

Man! The war…well if you can even call it that. Anyway, it's over! Stop shooting.

She yelled at Lancelot, still unable to hear him properly. Yes yelled, really this guy deserved no respect given to him. She missed the first part he said, it probably wasn't that important anyway. Though the next part…well that sure got her attention.

So Lancelot how much does Apples pay you an hour to be her friend? Because honestly are you sure you want to take over this city now? Did the three of you huddle together and like throw out random reasons to play your power paranoia strike? If it really all boils down to "OMG DOMINION WAS MEAN TO APPLES" you guys just…suck. Honestly.

Oh man, you really do. Because you got your whispers from Akasha who was ready to jump ship from Marston when he was to busy with work at the office and didn't spend enough time with her oh and Apples, she wanted to kill you too because you have unfavorable friends. So you got your "whispers" from a girl who was playing both sides?

Megan Fox brushed herself off.

I need to get out of here, I just feel very dirty and unorganized after listening to that.

Report Post Tip

Lol i see we already have a few happy customers, like i said we didn't trust him so we took him out plain and simple i dont have to sit here and give you all the gory details for the majority enough has been said as for the minority of whingers build a bridge and get over it.

Report Post Tip

I will say that this announcement has proven me wrong about one thing.

Lancelot does, indeed, still actually exist.

I'm pretty sure that my father and I were not the only ones who had completely forgotten that fact, even though my father was IN a New York family.

So, well done for that, I suppose.

Report Post Tip

Sadly, this speech just wasn't as entertaining as most speeches like this one.

I mean - it had all the essential components: a two-faced leader, a disgraceful right hand man, and of course the main point: the leader who was obviously plotting an attack so had to be attacked first. 

It just didn't have the flare of others like it. 

If you're trying to be concise, you should have just gone with the last paragraph.  If you are trying to tell the story right, then you have to have more flare. 

It's always disappointing to see leaders in the same city fight eachother.  It just leaves a nasty taste in your mouth. 

Report Post Tip

Lancelot couldn't win with you guys whatever happened here, so your replies are pretty worthless. If he hadn't explained, you would have bitched. He has... and surprise surprise, you bitched.

He gave his reasons... like them or loathe them, they're here for you to criticise. Whether anyone will listen to the usual drivel that comes out of fresh off the boaters who's parent just died is another story.

Report Post Tip

Megan Fox steps back quickly.

Lancelot I can now tell that you are a quantity or quality guy. If I write a lot they'll love it! Shows I put effort towards it all. Honestly, with you piping back in I bet you didn't even write the speech your read off to us. Your casual tone this second time around, man, total 360 there. Also, why in the heck are you joining us again? Saying the same thing? Do you breath between sentences?

Report Post Tip

"Wow and I am sure your ancestors must be proud of both of you Ten and Ren"

Sinfest says disdainfully and continues on with

"Its sad to see such disrespect from the likes of a petty theif and gangster. I would hope that people would learn that life is about choices and sometimes people have to make hard ones. My Great great grandfather would of possibly lived a bit longer had he gone with his gut and I commend Lancelot, Apples, and SammyGarcini and what they have chosen to do. Long Live New York and let the haters continue feeling misreable and jealous cause thats what haters do"

Clearing his throat and feeling extremely parched Sinfest finishes his little speech salutes Lancelot and heads off to find something for his dry mouth 

Report Post Tip

Well, Sinfest, considering my father didn't backstab the people he once called friends and allies, I would say he would be very proud of me.

I mean, really. Whining about disrespect after you helped pull this stunt? Do you even understand the definition of "hypocritical"?

Report Post Tip

Hard choices Sinfest? Seems Marston and crew wanted Manius swimming with the fishes ASAP. Remember Dominion, his inner circle friend WAS MEAN TO APPLES! And something about whispers. Pretty sure it was an easy choice.

Report Post Tip

Oh Sinfest I would dearly love for my response to have come from the feeling of jealousy, then I wouldn't be left with such a bad taste in my mouth. The complete lack of respect, honour and the ability to lead was what shone for me over this affair. It pains me to think that a city that was once great is now in the hands of complete idiots that are only there because they sit behind a legion of bodyguards and not for the actions they have actually taken.

Report Post Tip

I also look forward to the clown show that will ensue this action. Manius' crew was killed because within Manius' crew lied the heart and the brains of the city. The talented people that got New York to where it once was and that scared the dullards that sat in other leadership positions. So they called upon their strongest ally which normally wouldn't be needed for a city to remove a single crew but is a hallmark of any Marston led endeavor because, as limited as it might be, it's clear who got the intelligence in that family.

Of course we all saw how well these brilliant tacticians performed taking over 24 hours to finally down the last elements of a single crew with tremendous losses. An embarrassment to say the least. So embarrassing that Deadly Sin actually tried to make a deal with the last remaining element of Manius' crew Ire to pull his city out of the fight if she would just stop beating the shit out of them.

I can safely say that this war didn't come as a surprise to many of us just as I can say that many of us are not bitter about losing our family members in the war but a sense of relief that we no longer have to struggle under the crushing incompetence of those at other leadership positions around us. For us it's finally and mercifully over. Or is it?

Report Post Tip

I was going to come out here and write as much as possible about what I know of the situation, however I feel you have done a pretty good job on your own for all to see just how incapable you all are of your titles.

Seriously, it took you guys 3 cities to wipe one crew. Admittedly, the third only joined towards the very end though. Not only that, but this was a surprise attack in which the majority of Manius' crew was wiped almost instantly. I say almost, the first wave from New York and Philadelphia was comparable to, or even worse than that of Detroit when you all laughed about their failure. Sure you guys had more hits, but you had so many more people available at your disposal.

I've had a long night with very little sleep, but my calculation shows that Team Manius lost 49 members to 30 members from the rest of New York and Philly. My apologies if this is slightly wrong, but it really is still terrible to think that you guys see yourselves as the big dogs.

I look forward to seeing more of this excellent work seeping from your cities in the near future, you guys really do a great job with your planning, execution and reasoning. Top stuff.

Report Post Tip

"Um I am pretty sure Lancelot mentioned that Manius wasn't exactly a friend until Godfather Marston had his accident. Then he tried to become friendly. And where have I shown someone who deserves respect disrespect? Your a lowly gangster whining about how your ancestor was killed. Instead of whining maybe you could put that energy towards something useful. Like helping out your new family. Instead you waste our time with your crying. Don't try to talk to me about backstabbing either. I didn't see any records of your ancestors standing up for My great great grandfather when he was backstabbed by his city. Learn some respect kid or your not going to make it long in this life"

Sinfest finishes his speech to Ten and goes to give Lancelot a drink knowing the Don must be as parched as he was

Report Post Tip

Oh Sinfest, your incoherence is only matched by your overblown sense of self-importance.

It's, really, it's almost adorable to see.

Report Post Tip

Oh and Sinfest my ancestor was Stimpy a wiseguy from a city completely out of this war who took it upon himself to help a lady in need. So you want to know if he'd be proud of me out here calling the current leadership of NY usless, spineless worthless fucktards. Yup he would indeed.

Stimpy was the quiet one who liked to play nice, I'm Ren and I just tell it like I see it no matter what you or anyone else thinks.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Events In New York!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL