Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 23:13:36
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Grinatopia hits New Orleans Started by: Grin on Jul 19, '12 18:41

If anyone does, wear a glove.  Trust me.

Report Post Tip

And be warned, do not consume the "milk" you receive. Its not full of protein like he tells you it is.

Report Post Tip

When exactly can we expect that potential to be realised?

I see multiple auth announcements made in the last week, yet none of them concern either of the vacant cities.

Let's be honest here. All of the cities are going to keep solidifying their own positions and then push their most distrusted leader to either Detroit or Grinatopia. Eventually, that distrust will lead to either the person who has been moved or more likely the people moving them to be forced to step in to remove a potential threat.

We get it, that's how the game is played.

So knowing that is what is going to happen, I don't see the problem with this in the short term where we clearly have either a shortfall of willing candidates or trustworthy ones who are capable. I am no threat. I am just one guy with a magnificent position on the 60 second list looking to make some money out of city that is going to stand empty.

And keep standing empty.

Report Post Tip

I, unfortunately am not in a position to answer that question considering I do not lay claim to Detroit or Grinatopia.

I will however wait here with you to discuss it with one of the people that do. Should they show up that is...

Report Post Tip

I'm sure I'll be dead before they arrive.

And then New Orleans can return to darkness.

Report Post Tip

I for one hope that you are not dead. While rogue action is not something that I can condone it is good to finally see someone take an interest in New Orleans as it has a long history in our world. The fact that it has been left alone for so long is in my eyes disrespectful to the memory of all those who served New Orleans over the many years it has been open.

For a city such as it to be left in the gutter for so long is a sad state of affairs. It's not like there isn't already an abundance of crew leaders and hands running about our streets. Why they are all confined certain cities astounds me. I can understand the need to fortify one's position but surely there must come a time when enough is enough.

There is the Chicago experiment going on, much like the Las Vegas experiment of the past. I do have to wonder why New Orleans can't be opened like this as well as it's clear that those who are in charge of it care little for it and show no sign of doing anything with it.

Report Post Tip

I also hope that you are not dead before you can hear from these people. If a city does not want to loose their fortification, why not open New Orleans to one auth from each city? If I remember right, this has been done before. The Cities could maintain their strength and New Orleans could be opened for business, once again.

New Orleans is where I began. It saddens me beyond explanation to see it vacated like this.

Report Post Tip

"The fact that it has been left alone for so long is in my eyes disrespectful to the memory of all those who served New Orleans over the many years it has been open."

Oh man... that is fucking hilarious.

PJ can't help but chuckle to himself as he sits in the corner, waiting.

Report Post Tip

$2,000,000 per week to each Godfather or head of a city.

Grinatopia sees untapped resources available in New Orleans.

Any takers?

Report Post Tip

I, myself, have wondered what would happen to these two cities in the future.  However good your intentions may be, i really don't think it was handled in the correct manner.  If there were never any hostile intentions, that begs the question of why you bought out of your old family instead of asking for a blessing to move to NO?  Calling for some sort of meeting first may have led to a better possible outcome..... but what do i know?

Report Post Tip

It would seem that Grinatopia is destined to become vacant again.

As to your questions Alex, this is the land of opportunity. I was a Wise Guy, an associate, I wasn't in anyone's family yet. I worked for my bread and everyone got their taste. Maybe I would have moved up the ladder, maybe I wouldn't. Where's the harm in my leaving and going to New Orleans which is controlled by absolutely nobody? Why is it better for nobody to be making any money out of this forgotten city than it is for me to be and paying those who matter out of it?

If I'm increasing revenue streams for everyone, I don't see the problem.

Report Post Tip

Yeah but this is not how a mafioso is supposed to compose themselves. Just saying....

Report Post Tip

Just saying twice it seems.

How is a mafioso supposed to compose themselves? I thought making a shitload of money as a Wise Guy was exactly the sort of thing you should be doing. I'm not here to cause damage, I'm here to make money for everyone. I have a shitty, little, piece of crap, hut that can hold 10 people. Where's the problem with that? Who am I going to harm? I'm a Made guy now, I'm supposed to be taking on associates. That is what I should be doing. Why not do that in New Orleans where nobody else seemingly wants to?

Report Post Tip

I don't know. I guess maybe I'm just considered a bit "old-school" if you will. I just think we should hold ourselves to a "higher standard" if you will in the mafia. What you're doing right now is more along the lines of "not-old-school". Anyway that's just one old school guy's humble opinion. Carry on.

Report Post Tip

Being old school doesn't necessarily making something right, just old.

Report Post Tip

Yeah I know but here's the thing... In the mafia we are held to a standard. "Omertą" if you will. All I'm saying is, what's with all this non-Omertą going on around here? Is this the example we're trying to set for the younger mobsters around here? I'd say no it's not. It's a poor example. A DAMN poor example. But hey if you want to be part of the problem rather than part of the solution well then who am I to stop you. Just an "old-school" mafia relic I suppose with the best interests of his fellow mobsters in mind I guess. Sue me

Report Post Tip

First of all, Grin, you must have balls that KLANK! Kudos for those, but your looking at this from a logical perspective. I can see exactly what you are saying, and I can even agree that it is very logical. ....but

This thing of ours doesn't seem to work on a logic base. You cannot teach old dogs new tricks so to speak. There are un-written rules steming back from the old country. If you do ANYTHING without the blessing from the Godfather/Godfathers that be, its doomed to fail, even if you had the most logical good intentions ever. 

I'm sorry friend. I can only hope that something good comes out of this, and I wish you luck. The decision they now have to make, could change the course of "this thing of ours" forever. Or it may go exactly like everyone expects it to.

By the way, the bold suit looks great on you, but its gonna be one hell of a dry cleaning bill. (grins)

Report Post Tip

This doesn't have anything to do with omerta, McCheese, it's a matter of principles and according to the way the powers that be have structured our intricate criminal enterprise, anybody without their explicit permission to set up on their own should and will be deemed a rogue. If it were me, and some button man were offering me 2 million bones a week to run a straw hut out of that decrepit, desolate wasteland we call New Orleans, I might consider it. There's money to be made here; an opportunity to mine the wealth of a city left to rot. But it's not for me to say.

Report Post Tip

I guess a lot of people might consider me "old-fashioned". A little "in-hip" if you will. But correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we all here to conduct "business"? I say business in quotes in case any cops are listening. But you all "know what I mean".

Mayor McCheese winks at the young mobsters<:em>

This right here is what is known as a "poor example" to set with this unauthorized "roguing" we see right here. Keep this silly shit up and people are going to get the wrong idea around here as to how things are supposed to be done around here. Sorry if I'm preaching I'm just a straight shooter who likes to "tell it as it is" as they say.

Report Post Tip

Omerta is a code of silence from the cops, so I'm not sure what to tell you. If you in a broader sense, what is with the breaking of tradition; what if the tradition is wrong? Why should everyone from Wise Guy and below be held to the same standard as those who have made their vows. That is inherently against the whole hierarchical structure and tradition that we are trying to create/emulate. A Wise Guy has taken no vows and is essentially a senior associate out to make a name for himself.

Who decided that purchase of a HQ automatically equated to going against the interest of the collective? Why shouldn't any Made guy buy themselves some property and get themselves 10 associates to earn them some money to feed up the ladder? HQ sizes don't just come in 50s, there are different sizes for a reason. Why not have all your Made guys owning 10 man HQs housing new associates, all your Capos having 25 man HQs with Made guys hanging out in them?

Nothing is set in stone, except by what we make that way. Our lives are as flexible as we want them to be. Just because it is new doesn't mate it a poor example or a betrayal. Hell, if some guy offered me $3,000,000 a work to go and work somewhere across the country, why wouldn't I take him up on that? In case more people go and make me $3,000,000 per week too? Holy shit, how terrible.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Grinatopia hits New Orleans
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL