Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 00:09:31
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Grinatopia hits New Orleans Started by: Grin on Jul 19, '12 18:41

Instead of a cross country ploy to rally up the forces and remove this "threat". Would hardly call Grin a threat though.

Grin fired off atleast one confirmed shot, thus labeling him a threat.

I would have voted a solid yes in allowing him to make something of himself there. Before anyone starts throwing out the chants of "Grin fan" loosely, Grins bloodline and mine have only spoken on a single occasion which ended in a shootout.

Perhaps if gone about the right way and approaching the right people, Grin could have made himself something in New Orleans. Probably not, but surely a much higher chance than dropping out of his family and try to negotiate later?

As far as your 'Grin fan' comment, if someone without such a reputable (lightly used to a degree) bloodline as Grin's made this move, this conversation wouldn't be taking place.

Report Post Tip

But you do agree with me on everything else I mentioned?

Report Post Tip

what goes on in another city should be none of your concern. Your hole is in Las Vegas and you do best with your time there

My only concern with Grin was the fact he left my family and set up without permission. As such, his actions reflect badly on myself. Fortunately I was well aware that Grin couldn't a coo's arse with a banjo, for want of a better phrase.

Oh and I presume you meant my "home", we only making -Iocaste live in a hole.

You may go ahead and throw my rank at me and tell me how my opinion shouldn't matter. Then go home and think about it before you go to bed at night.

I've never understood this notion. Only those unconnected to a life of crime should be so readily dismissed. By that I mean Civilian's and mere Thugs, anyone that joins this thing of ours and is in a family is entitled to air their thoughts on our world, in my opinion of course.

Report Post Tip

I wouldn't go so far as to say I agree with everything else you said. The blatant lack of respect toward my crewleader could have gone without. I don't know his view on your comments, and it's likely that he didn't find them insulting in the least. But I for one see questioning anybodies (Be it a crewleader at that) intelligence disrespectful.

Props for taking the initiative in trying to make it in the land of the free, Grin. Free? Sure...

Grin 'forfeited' his freedom when joining our way of life. Save the 'Land of the free' for a more legitimate lifestyle. Here, nothing is free.

Wish it were the case. Would make things far more interesting. Cities are open, sit down and make things happen.

I agree with this. Although in this situation, the key words there are sit down. As I previously stated, maybe if Grin had shot his plans up the ladder to his higher ups things could have been arranged. This wasn't the case.

Report Post Tip

My only concern with Grin was the fact he left my family and set up without permission. As such, his actions reflect badly on myself.

This I wholeheartedly agree with. And that is the issue that I see with how members under the rank of Made within families supporting their family tags are seen and the extent at which anyone else should look upon them when being "out there" in the view of the public so to speak.

I've never understood this notion. Only those unconnected to a life of crime should be so readily dismissed. By that I mean Civilian's and mere Thugs, anyone that joins this thing of ours and is in a family is entitled to air their thoughts on our world, in my opinion of course.

Again, I couldn't agree more. But there are those that beg for the respect required due to rank and then there are those that feel that rank means nothing if you have the support from your current leadership. I'm not sure which category you fit in so a safe assumption would be best.

Oh and I presume you meant my "home", we only making -Iocaste live in a hole.

This is a common practice for the lad. I hoped one day he would upgrade but due to the consistencies in this practice, I am led to believe this is a preference of his.

Report Post Tip

But I for one see questioning anybodies (Be it a crewleader at that) intelligence disrespectful.

Crewleaders are not exempt from idiocy. Fortunately in this scenario, I know perfectly well that Slash's bloodline is one of the smarter few amongst the rest of the crop we're surrounded with. Which is exactly why I made that comment regarded the empty cities.

I take it you feel that empty cities are acceptable.

Now we've drifted in not only Grins actions but that of the lack of actions taken by the current leadership. Its all well and good saying our leaders are discussing plans and sitting behind closed doors thinking up some elaborate scheme in making things exciting again. Or, we can sit here and think they aren't. In my personal experience, its easier to sit back and have faith in the ongoings of "their" business because you have no say at this moment in time. Or we could encourage them to make an effort in moving forward in having our business's flourish across the country.

Report Post Tip

How amusing. We follow some generic authorisation practice which only allows people who the top dogs believe have earned the right to run their own family. This goes fine for a bit, then wars happen between families and cities and it gets messy, lots of people die and a few survive to rebuild. Rinse, repeat. However, when the CL auths them, they hope the new auth will survive and improve on everything!

By Einstein's definition, we're all insane for doing this. He stated that insanity is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Maybe we should allow for some alternative methods every now and again?

Report Post Tip

The results aren't always the same, contrary to popular belief. Different auths mean different methods of how familys are run, which in turn means new ways for other people to learn. Just because we all die someday, it doesn't make the process any less valid.

Report Post Tip

I dont know what this Grintopia is, but it sounds like a horrible idea. Thank the powers that be for striking down such nonsense. We must adhear to the rules that we live by.

Report Post Tip

This is the only announcement on the streets of any importance or relevance to our society. The rest is just people speaking to hear the sound of their own voice.

Report Post Tip

Grintopia sounded like a paradise why why did the powers that be strike down this Saint

Report Post Tip

They are paying for it now, kurgan. With the spilling of innocent blood down in Grintopia, comes the wrath of the almighty one, resulting in the apocalyptic carnage we are now witnessing.

Report Post Tip

The only way to appease the Gods for striking down such a peaceful haven will have to be a good old fashioned blood orgy.    Now there is a lot of blood flowing in the streets today so all we gotta do now is the orgy part...   whose in?

Report Post Tip

If only Grin were still alive .... 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Grinatopia hits New Orleans
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL