Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 04:03:00
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The Night I Hunted MikeHunt Started by: StanPython on Aug 20, '12 21:55

" My only opinon on this matter would be i feel for the family members of both families "

Manovanni members were not 'dragged' into a war, a family decision was made to take action. Those that died fighting should be proud that they stood strong for La Famiglia Manovanni.

Report Post Tip

Having heard the accounts of the events that went on, I put myself in the shoes of the people in question here and considered what I would do in their situations.

MikeHunt received proof that the RHW of StanPython shot and killed one of his member's hired protection. In Mike's position I can't say I would have been as rash as him. Hired bodyguards aren't family members, when they die, they are easily replaced, and a leader does not swear to protect the lives of bodyguards. This does not by any means mean that I would be happy to have them shot, but with the monetary loss covered and the assailant punished, I personally would be content that it had been dealt with correctly. If it had angered me to such an extent that I wanted to shoot the assailant, seeing as the assailant in this situation was the RHW of the city, I'd have been wise enough to know I would need to back it up with a full attack on New Orleans…

In StanPython's position I cannot say that I would have done much, if anything, differently. His RHW screwed up, he immediately contacted the RHW of MikeHunt and began to sort the situation. Then mid conversation his RHW was shot dead by none other than MikeHunt, an unforgivable act. I don't know the specifics of the ensuing conversations, but he managed to convince MikeHunt that everything was cool as a cucumber, and managed to get MikeHunt's own RHW to turn on him and assist in the ensuing assault on Chicago. I won't comment on war strategy as I'm not privy to either side's gun capabilities, but with two similar sized cities head to head, New Orleans have emerged with both leaders surviving and still have a 70 strong city, so it seems a job well done, especially if claims about Chicago's superior gun capabilities are true.

Finally, the former right hand woman of Chicago, Alison Di Laurentis. Having heard of the bodyguard shooting she quickly began speaking with Mr Python about rectifying the situation. She was then put in an awful position when Mike shot Stan's RHW. Somehow Alison went from this position to being part of the assault on the city she was formerly second in command of. In my opinion a RHM has a responsibility to look out for the best interests of their leader and their crew. Knowing the full gravity of the situation Mike had put Chicago in, I would only see two options here; advise Mike that he was going to need to follow up on his action and attack New Orleans as soon as possible, or save the rest of the city and ensure Mike was the only person to pay the ultimate price for his mistake. Personally I couldn't imagine myself being a right hand and choosing to turn my back on the person that had given me that position, so chances are, if I had been in her position I'd have been strapping on my body armour and helmet and telling Mike what he needed to do to survive…

I guess the lessons to learn from this whole ordeal are; make sure you don't have a loaded gun in your hand when you go to pick a pocket, never shoot another family's right hand man unless you are shooting the rest of the family at the same time, and ensure you choose a right hand man that will follow you and your city to the end.

Rest in peace to the fallen...

Report Post Tip

It's understandable that Mike got pissed after having one of his men's Bodyguards shot for no apparent reason, but if you're already going the impulsive way of action, you should unleash a surprise attack, not simply shoot a RHW and then talk to Mr. Teruzzo, who had no choice but to attack.

Report Post Tip

Would just like to say this real quick to Sandor.

Knowing the full gravity of the situation Mike had put Chicago in, I would only see two options here; advise Mike that he was going to need to follow up on his action and attack New Orleans as soon as possible, or save the rest of the city and ensure Mike was the only person to pay the ultimate price for his mistake. 

Or, she could have done like the other loyal members of Chicago and gone down with the ship. That's what a good RH does. They aid their boss. They don't turn on them in the time of need for their own personal gain.

Report Post Tip

This is what I'm saying, she must have known that there was no way Mr Python was going to forgive and forget. Anyone in their right mind would have known there was going to be backlash from it. Simply waiting to be attacked and fighting on the back foot is not something I would personally do, in that situation I can't see myself doing anything other than insisting to my boss that we needed to take the preemptive.

Report Post Tip

Isiah listens intently to Sandor and finds himself nodding alot

What Sandor says makes alot of sense, and I find myself agreeing with the actions he would take, they would be the actions I would have taken if I were in the position of right hand to the city head.

Report Post Tip

I agree. But I must ask, if you could not convince your leader to follow up, would you turn on him, or go down with him? We know which path Alison took. That's what I was getting at.

Report Post Tip

Answering these questions is much easier than putting things into practice of course, but in answer to your question...

I'm not a suicidal man, and if my leader could not see the obvious outcome of his actions, and I had explored all avenues of making him see sense, and I was second in command; I think my responsibility to ensure the safety of the members of the city would become a higher priority than the safety of my leader. The likely outcome of this would be me sticking a bullet in his head, and taking over his responsibility. I would hope that this in turn would satisfy the leader of New Orleans as justice for the death of his right hand. I don't think sitting back and awaiting the certain wrath of New Orleans is something I could have done, but I certainly wouldn't ever have turned my back on the entire city.

Report Post Tip

I am just shocked. Both sides were in the wrong in my eyes a RHM really shouldn't be shooting people's bgs even by "mistake" but even if the rhm is shooting bgs. That gives no city the right to shoot said rhm unless they plan on wiping the whole family. In my thoughts this war was justified and as for the next generation coming in here talking mad shit. Shame on you. Especially you MHunt your father was acting godfather. I expect someone born with that kind of family history would have a bit more respect. But seriously if you are another city and you don't even give the leader there a chance to deal with their problems you really should be so surprised if you too end up with cement shoes regardless if your gun is better or not. We all know having a "big gun" doesnt mean you can do whatever you want. 

Report Post Tip

Sandor's last comment pretty much sums up what I would try to do if I were in those shoes...

Report Post Tip

First off I'd like to address a few points. I spoke to MikeHunt right after the BG was shot and he immediately decided to take matters into his own hands without consulting anyone, even me. When I asked him why he went ahead and shot he simply said "I don't care it was an accident". As you all can see MikeHunt was a bit "bored" with the aspect of being a leader.

Concerning the war, I advised Mike to take different actions than he did and it became apparent that he was going to lead his city to die. When I saw my chance to be able to save some of the members of Chicago I took it. I stand by my choice because some still live and many more had if they had seen that their leader had turned his back on them and decided to face his death a bit inebriated instead. I do not blame them for going down with Chicago, that was their choice. There are some of us left alive and the next step is to move on and work hard to help out a leader we actually believe in now. You can ridicule my decision all you want and try and place yourselves in my shoes, I do not blame you for that. I made my decision and now I will live with it. I plan on working hard in New Orleans to make this city a thriving metropolis.

The sons and daughters of everyone who died can hate me but they need to realize I did not choose their fate. I worked hard to make Chicago a better place. It was none other than MikeHunt who sealed the deal for them. So before you come to the streets and call me a "bitch" and a "traitor" you need to sit back and remember that I am not the one who shot the RH to a city over the bodyguard of a goomba.

Report Post Tip

First off alison , as a son of a dead chicago member , you were alligned with a rogue , none other then futtbucking aka Shaggs , his IRC avenue alias.

You didn't mention ANY of your plans to 'save chicago' to ..chicago.

You let us all die , gave out our shot reports , gave out our pro times/when we could shoot and then called giovanni_sparelli an idiot and a unfit hand of chicago when he went down with the ship and died protecting what was left of his family?

You miss are an idiot and aren't even worth talking too honestly.

Renekton spits and goes about his day

Report Post Tip

"Never trust a pretty girl with an ugly secret."

Makes sense to me now I think.

Report Post Tip

Townslave listens to all the arguements from the war between Chicago and New Orleans. Renekton's views seemed to be personal in a way. Everyone else seemed to have their own opinions they believed in. Townslave goes up to Alison_DiLaurentis and hands her a napkin.

Don't worry too much of what people think of you.

Townslave sits down in a chair outside a local restaurant.

Report Post Tip

After having left the conversation earlier, Maestro returns only to see that it isn't finished yet.

The war is long over, what happened it happened. Why are we still debating?

Report Post Tip

In my eyes Alison...

If you didn't know MikeHunt well enough to know he was capable of something like this why would you be his RH in the first place?

Which leads me to believe that you DID know he was capable of something like this and STILL took the position, then when the shit hit the fan you upped and left. Whether you agreed or disagreed with what Mike did, you were the second in command of that entire city and you left them to die like lemmings.

When you become RH to a city, you go down with that ship. You do not wave that white flag and surrender. Mike's mistake was also your mistake as you wielded just as much power in that city and you should have taken the punishment (even though it WAS Mike's fault), just like he did.

There is no honour in jumping ship... even less so to the city who is slaughtering the one you were supposedly protecting.

For shame.

Report Post Tip

Countdown, I understand loyalty... at least I think I do, my upcoming question may give you the impression I really don't...

But can we really know what will make a person snap or decide to be bored with life and do something silly on the way out? How many times have we had rogues? We could wonder how those people get their buttons. You can never really know somebody. Specially given the multiple personalities in the history of a single bloodline.

I can understand the debate of how many people to save, but if you have the choice of saving some, must they really die for this kind of mistake?

And Maestro, if you think there is nothing more in this topic for you, feel free to ignore it.

Report Post Tip

Hey aidan , as a son of a dead man who was first-waved and then led the hitsquads for chicago along with wet , we know for fact lauren didn't want us living , she wasn't leadership material .. while i'm saying my father and Wet weren't exactly leaders themselfs , but we acted when NO came to attack chicago , lauren on the other hand did not.

Even if i had lived first wave and was offered to live .. I wouldn't of took some stupid deal , all the mademen in chicago swore an oath of Omerta , i was 100% loyal to my leader , mike and would of gladly fought and died for the man.

Unfortunately , there's a few who don't realise the oath is for life , even though they jumped ships once chicago looked hopeless ..

Rest in peace to the true chicago mobsters.

Report Post Tip

No we can't know exactly what they're going to do Aidan, but we should have a good idea of what they're capable of before deciding to be a RH to their city. Know these rogues and knowing someone you're going to be second in command for are to entirely different entities. Let's face it, NOBODY has a RH that they barely know, so I assume Alison and Mike were previously well acquainted beforehand. From the time they spent talking to each other she should have had some sort of inkling that one day this could possibly happen.

In another context... if I were to go bold, the people who I would choose/ask to be my RHM know full well what they're getting into beforehand. They know me, they know how I work and they know the pro's and con's of that. They make their decision to join me knowing full well that if I fucked up, they would have to bite the bullet too.

All the current RH's know that if their boss fucks up they will be going down with them. What makes Alison so different?

What was stopping her dropping the entire crew, making a poster for these fair streets with "Protection order, Mike has gone insane"? NOTHING. I'm pretty sure if she'd mobmailed the other leaders in other cities they would have happily informed their families NOT to shoot given the circumstances.

What DID she do? Told her buddies they would be safe if they joined her, got them safe... left the rest to die and joined the city that was attacking her previous one.

Report Post Tip

Interesting words, Countdown. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Renekton, I'm not here questioning the people who wanted to die for Mike, but I'm left wondering if MikeHunt had the same respect for the oath you took. You took an oath that you died for, yet he he started a war without telling anybody and leaving the war field. His son came to talk about his father's prowess and all that but he did send Chicago to war with that shot.

Is it wrong for somebody to then say "Hells naw! I didn't swear my life to die to a decision like that!"

Maybe my question is for another street corner to discuss if there are acceptable scenarios where one can jump ship.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Night I Hunted MikeHunt
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL