Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 09:20:35
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Wackback death disabled. Started by: Squishy on Oct 10, '12 14:48

It is clear that wackback death is not doing what it is designed to do and has been disabled until another method can replace it.

Report Post Tip

I thought that the player commision was voting on this? What is the point of the player commision if something is just going to be put in or taken out without the agreeance of the commision?

Report Post Tip

They are voting on one of many ideas of replacement for it. Either way wackback is coming out, and it may take many many votes to come up with a suitable replacement. I do not want people to die in the time it takes us to come up with its replacement. It seems kind of pointless for someone to die because of timing red-tape.

Report Post Tip

SpongeBob, the vote that's currently taking place simply will NOT pass...It'd need all three of the PC members who haven't voted yet to vote yes, and as one of them is IA for now, it just won't happen. Removing it in the meantime like Squishy said will let people continue to shoot without fear of WB Death while they figure out the best solution.

Report Post Tip

Well i must say first before i say what i say im not trying to cause an arguement just saying my feelings on the matter. Didnt we live with WB up until this point? then why are we taking it out now when the player commision have or in the middle of voting should it be removed because one person doesnt vote? if one more person voted no would WB be reintroduced. I dont think so.

I really dislike this change and dont see why it has been changed but well im not part of the admin team or PC so i dont really have much of a say on the matter. I believe we still need the risk factor and not have any real consequences to our actions.

Report Post Tip

wack answers FTW....

Report Post Tip

So now you decide to disable it?  Mmmk after people have continuously died time after time rofl 

Report Post Tip

"Didnt we live with WB up until this point?"

Many did, some didn't.

I have reduced the chance of wackback through the past few years about 10 or so times. I see so many people dying of wackback that don't deserve to die, that I feel guilty and lower the chances even more. It started as an honest to god 1%, then got reduced, then got reduced, then got reduced, then got reduced, then we added in defense math, then we addeed in more defense math, then we added in bodyguard math, then we reduced it, then we added in the 50/50, then we reduced it again.

It should act as a deterrent to stop people from building guns that act as total nukes, however, it was killing people all accross the board. The bulk of the shots are taken by people with many lower kills than the top guys, so the bulk of the deaths were by guys you never heard of (Which is why you dont remember them) I am not happy when some guy dies on his 33rd shot. That is not preventing guns that are nukes, at that point its just a "lets fuck with the users" type feature.

I don't want any more users dying on their 33rd shot while we work out the replacement for this to something that works as designed.

Report Post Tip

So for now there is no WB and the top guns can race for full credit. I believe things should have been left alone until the player commission decided on something since it seems the no votes want some form of wb in the game. I truly don't understand why wb death was not recoded so it DID do what was intended, like kick in when X player reached a certain number of kills dependent on their original answers.

Report Post Tip

I personally think not enough people die compared to how many shots are taken to train guns,big guns and powerful.old accounts.

The risk and reward is part of the thrill plus knowing your enemy could die any shot (or you) or the destiny of a city or our world has changed/could change because of wackbacks etc and I think the tapering idea is on the right road while keeping wackback as it is and that has always been an exciting fact and being a hitman is a dangerous job.

(Unless some new system comes into place where people still die but we can gain gun stats etc while it being risky.. which I do not know of the idea personally but might be out there sure or has been brainstormed)

Report Post Tip

"I truly don't understand why wb death was not recoded so it DID do what was intended, like kick in when X player reached a certain number of kills dependent on their original answers." - Even this type of idea/system seems like a good starting point - you reach X or so and wb death can happen.. but before that jail and gun loss still etc. (As long as X is not some crazy high number so it keeps it risky and dangerous still)

Report Post Tip

Then pitch an idea in the suggestions forum that is a dynamic number that flows up and and down with the state of the game that we can use as a "wackback is turned on here"

Report Post Tip

Alright Squishy. I never jump into anything so let me do some research and I will see what I can come up with.

Report Post Tip

I like this

Report Post Tip

Just to throw some perspective into this, the last 3 people to die of wackback were as follows:

1 was 13 kills over maxed.
1 was 45 kills UNDER maxed.
1 was 309 kills over maxed.

Report Post Tip

I died recently (ish) of WB death, I think I was near +50?(After the 51 it took to max, most of which were shots...a few non death WB's in there)

Like has been stated so many times, clearly it's not doing its intended job. I'm 100% for removing WB Death until the PC comes up with a solution. Let's just hope it's sooner rather than later...

On a side note, Squishy, did you remember to leave the other WBs active? :x

Report Post Tip

thank you. I agree these should not have happened at these numbers.

Report Post Tip

Rest In Peace Wackback Death.

Report Post Tip

Not sure I am big on this decision. But, I did notice the title said "disabled", not "removed". It's not the same thing, ;)

If the idea of wackback is to, and I quote, "stop people building hand cannons".....

Would a sensible option be to set like a floating x amount of kills where wackback kicks in? Like, keep it dynamic in the sense of maybe some kind of average figured out from the current state of guns in the game? Not too high, not too low and never a fixed value so you never really know if you have passed the threshold?

Shurgs.....

I just really can't get to grips with something that has been a part of the game for so so long, being totally removed.

Report Post Tip

And then I read Oldman's post.

God damn.

I'll remember to read even the unformatted chunks of text next time......

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Wackback death disabled.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL