Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 11:58:47
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: CDOA/HelpDesk Playing Accounts Started by: Squishy on Nov 24, '12 23:52

When were these rules updated squishy?

Report Post Tip

Also you stated they don't have access to anything that may inhibit bias, but it seems access to helpdesk mail could be seen as inhibiting bias

Not trying to be reached here but just trying to get the facts straight

Report Post Tip

They don't have access to anything back of the house related, the only thing they have access to are mails from people asking for help. If someone sends a mail to helpdesk about their plans or bloodline then that is on the player who sent the mail.

Report Post Tip

It is also on helpdesk to be able to keep what they see and read out of the game if they have a playing account to prevent bias

Report Post Tip

If it is something that is that sensitive in manner you shouldn't be mailing helpdesk to begin with. Helpdesk is meant for people to ask question they may not know about the game or a potential issue they are having.

You seem to be just trying to stir shit up here, pretty sure Squishy's explanation was pretty straight forward.

Report Post Tip

This definitely sounds like sour grapes. Especially considering no one was searching for this while she was a hand. I'm sure or energies could be better spent elsewhere on more important matters.

In what way is this sour grapes, LaReina? I bumped this to ask a question and the question was answered. Despite it saying assistant can't hold a position of power, one has. So I don't see anything sour here. On the contrary the answer I was hoping for is that the rule no longer exists at all so then we could pester DS into taking a position of power again.

Alas it just turns out that Bunny or rather Bunneh is simply Helpdesk CL and has no further access than those in HelpDesk. 

Report Post Tip

What about toby- pretty sure he was a hand and is listed as administrator

Report Post Tip
Considering you haven't drug this thread out beyond the point of ridiculous, then more than likely I wasn't addressing you PeterParker.
Report Post Tip

PeterParker, DS would have to get demoted. He is currently Squishy's Assistant, not HelpDesk.

Report Post Tip

So then your addressing me? I didn't search for this thread, so now your whole point is moot. G'Day

Report Post Tip
Doug, you are definitely sour grapes here and shit stirring. The entire staff list was posted one page back.

MM] Toby- HelpDesk
Report Post Tip

PeterParker you asked a valid question, nothing sour from your question. It's the others that are trying to push the extent of Squishy's response. 

The question was answered, she does not have access to game sensitive material nor does any other of the HelpDesk team. Leave it at that!

Report Post Tip

I know it was posted I posted it but click on toby- profile

(Add to contacts) (Report Player) (Ignore Player)

Name: Toby- 

Level: 5

Bodyguards: Not Protected

Family: HelpDesk

Home City: Delaware City, DE

URL: 

Wealth: Moderately Wealthy

Start Date

Report Post Tip

The thread itself is 5 years old dude, the titles and access levels have long since been changed. Nobody that can see information on more than a clerical level can be in "power", despite what their profile reads for Rank on their Staff account. 

Report Post Tip

If you look at the directory again you will see that it has changed. He was very recently promoted.

Report Post Tip

@Doug-Glatt,

Yes, Toby- formally was a hand.  He was just promoted to administrator this afternoon.  You looked at his profile while I was setting up his account and a few minutes before I made the announcement.

Report Post Tip

I don't see a point in bitching about it. Just don't send anything to HelpDesk that you would rather not have someone know and use for their own use.

Report Post Tip

PeterParker, DS would have to get demoted. He is currently Squishy's Assistant, not HelpDesk.

Yeah.. that was somewhat obvious HenriDucard. Appreciate you pointing it out all the same. My point was I was hoping the entire concept of having to hold them to some higher standard and assume the worst of them had been discarded, alas my hopes were dashed by the response from Izzy.

I can see why Izzy made the choice to hold them to a higher standed, in fact this thread is evidence in itself when one person can't seem to grasp that HelpDesk have no access to anything outside of HelpDesk mails. Only stands to reason that should someone in DS position be in power, others will make out like he uses his Admin status as a means to keep himself on top instead of just the fact he's a good player.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

So how come we got Cl's and Gf's playing both ends of the spectrum?  I know for a fact one GF who is on help desk and keeps peeps dead.

Anothething

Report Post Tip

Did you read any of the other posts in this thread @anotherting? Anything? Even the ones by Squishy himself? Do us all a favour, when you say you're "Done" please be "Done" until you can string together a coherent thought and actually READ the material in front of you. I know it'll take some time, but you might come across as someone that should be taken seriously than you are. 

Seriously, you do this every time you die. Aren't you bored of it yet? Troll Disorder, troll the staff, troll he Squishy one, troll me once in a while, go back to trolling Disorder, get a few more shots in at the other leaders, and then the usual cry for the administration to interfere followed by your suiciding and starting it all back on another name. Rinse, repeat. Yawn. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT if you don't like it. You have just as much ability to do so as anyone else here if you put your mind to it and realise you aren't the center of the universe and the world isn't out to get you. Stop throwing your toys out of the pram @anotherting (Did you typo your name on purpose by the way?). Act like a reasonable, sane adult who isn't going on an alcoholic bender and you MIGHT just get somewhere around here.

Squishy has explained what access and abilities the HelpDesks and Assistants have. He's addressed the reasonably and intelligently worded concerns as best he can. What more do you want? These people you are losing your shit about VOLUNTEER their time to provide the ENTIRE community help and moderation when required. They do not have any special abilities that allow their accounts to move further, faster, or live longer. They are just dedicated and damn good players that don't go around acting like fools most of the time and know how to play the game better than others including yourself.

Get a grip. Seriously. Maybe talk to someone who can help you work through your issues.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: CDOA/HelpDesk Playing Accounts
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL