Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 10:24:03
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: CDOA/HelpDesk Playing Accounts Started by: Squishy on Nov 24, '12 23:52

Oops, even I typoed your typoed name (You can say typoed in this forum by the way, it's OOC.) Anotherthting. Sorry about that. 

Report Post Tip

Do you kiss ass that much? When did I say I was done? Do you know something you wish to share?  History dictates you are a coward and living in the past with your advice. Why would I or anyone listen  to you?

Report Post Tip

Kissing ass? No, I don't do that. I actually know how hard it can be as a member of the staff who is also trying to have fun by playing the game and enjoying it regardless of people like you. It's hard and I respect that and everything you do, if you even knew one tiny bit about me you'd know that and not even question it you pathetic little troll. You come out here and disrespect the people that make this place possible without a second thought of the fact you are literally biting the hand that feeds your addiction. Squishy has worked his ass off for longer than you can even think and given up more than you ever will so yes I do defend him and will always support him, even if we don't always see eye to eye. I am proud to call him a friend.

History doesn't dictate shit about me. Cowardice is NOT something I am familiar with, are you sure you are not confusing yourself for me? I always try to get to the top and don't go around crying foul every time the game moves against me. I am always out front and marching strong in a war with those around me protecting my city. I'm there for my members and work just as hard as they do. I have done this for longer than you and obviously BETTER than you. I've lost my fair share of kick ass and valuable accounts to regimes that were running the game. I've always come back stronger and more determined to make my way in the game and have fun when it's being run by people I don't normally work with. Disorder is one of them and I sure hope that I have proven myself to him by now. I'm sick of people like you shitting on him when he actually does care about the game, this is proven not only by his dedication to the residents of Las Vegas but when he's performing his duties as a HelpDesk advising new players and old. It's not easy. 

Grab your blankie, suck your thumb, and get on with it. Go incog, plot against us, fail and go back to whining and blaming everyone but yourself for not doing anything to make this place your fucking personal utopia.  You keep coming back like a bad cold and leave just as bad a taste in people's mouths as one too.

Please, stop acting like you know anything about me. The only interaction you and I have had in the past two years is you trying to act like you know me, what I'm about, where I come from, and how I play in the forums and my mailbox. You don't know shit about shit and even less about me. 

Have a nice day.

Report Post Tip
Anotherthting how can you accuse someone of living in the past when you yourself have brought back an extremely old out dated thread and began to harp on it as if you even really knew anything? From the view point of outsiders looking in you yourself are living in past from this and the fact that you can not seem to manage to get over what has happened and move on. This game is about living and doing your best then when you do die you pick yourself back up and try again you learn and grow. Grasp this concept instead of attempting to lay fault in others or stirring a pot you obviously lack knowledge on.
Report Post Tip

Charlie, I suggest Lillith inform you of the facts before she sends you off to the streets to talk. I was not the one who brought up this old news. Secondly, I or nobody should accept dying every 10 days give or take a day.  Your posse are not the only ones who spend money. The game needs money to keep it afloat. But if you assholes you included who support wipe outs every 10 days carry on.

Report Post Tip

Can't be all that bad, you're still here...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Take it to the bank HD when I say, I am here is right. And the buck stops here too.  

Report Post Tip

If you die every 10 days it might say something about yourself rather than everyone else.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Who is everyone else Richard? By the looks of it everyone else dies and LV, such as yourself, are adding are adding insult to injury. Thanks for clarifying we should stay dormant.

Report Post Tip

Don't worry Anotherthting. At some point I'll be dead and everything that was ever wrong with the world will be instantly fixed and you'll be fine.

Report Post Tip

GF Disorder I thought that one time but I know better. After ones thought was allies kill me in instants. So I say your keeping everyone in order.

Report Post Tip

So if someone is in position to use information from his CDOA account, it matters only if he is CL/RHM/LHM?

I believe that these people who are in such positions, are there because they are trusted that they will do their job and will not use that "advantage" breaking the rule.

If they are CLs or not, doesnt matter.  i think since someone has player account, deserves to play with the same rules as everyone. 

But if there are trust issues, then they shouldnt  play at all. It is not though up to the rest of us players to talk about "if" these people deserve trust. 

Report Post Tip
Toby received admin privileges after he died in DT with Tris. Facts, bud.
Report Post Tip

Toby was an obnoxious prick in answering help desk mail.

Report Post Tip

While we have never had a huge problem with this in the past, there have always been times when players feel that some wrongdoing has been done on the part of the staff who have always, to the best of our knowledge, been sincere and honest in their love and integrity in keeping the game fair for all of it's users.

Wat is the difference between a huge problem and a problem that concerns players trust?

Report Post Tip
A huge problem would be if lack of trust was due to actual issues, as opposed to unfounded perceived ones.

A long time ago I learned that you can never please everyone, so there will always be some people unhappy with the staff.

The problem with text as a form of communication is you can never really convey your exact meaning to everyone and have it perceived as intended. Some people will read into a situation differently than others and experience a perceived slight. This creates a situation where now words take on an alternative meaning, the more this happens the more it can get distorted. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Its funny that I see this happen with myself every now and then on Irc. There will be someone who just sort of rubs me the wrong way, and every thing they say I just roll my eyes at. Then one day they disappear. Down the road I found out that some new dude I recently enjoy talking to is actually the same guy but on a new name because he died in game. That's the moment I realize I like the new guy, didn't like the old one. Same exact person, the only thing that changed is my predisposition to viewing things in a negative mindset with this dude.

Soo the point of my rambling is that I hire the staff that I feel are trustworthy people with a track record of being an overall positive asset for myself, the staff, the game and its community. I ask that anyone that thinks otherwise at least take a moment to reflect if an issue with someone's character in the past is possibly clouding their judgement of the *actual real life person* who is staff. I don't like losing at monopoly, fuck you for charging me 1500 in rent and bankrupting me but when the board game goes back in the box you really have to reset your mind. The player is different than the person.
Report Post Tip

You never had a huge problem which means there as been problems.  The ability to please everyone all the time is impossible.

As a player I got issues with Disorder and any one closely related. I have submitted proof on Disorders actions.The way of the land with the steady increasing wipe outs that are lame, pretty much dictate  run along cause we rule and and any amount of time and money you spend is a waste because you and your Cl will die quickly.

There is a way to please more at this point.

Report Post Tip

"A huge problem would be if lack of trust was due to actual issues, as opposed to unfounded perceived ones. "

Sorry it's late and I'm laying here unable to sleep so I think I rambled a bit on my last reply.

An example:

Keats, Grizzly, Gumby, Grin and Tiggy warred Jen and lost, dying in the process.  All of them start up on incog accounts in the same family.  Within a few days all of their incogs are popped.  Is it Jen?  That bitch cheated and looked it up.

No.  Her account has absolutely 0 ways to look up or match any names.  You know how their incogs were popped?  Each of the 5 people above have super distinct writing styles that scream who they are a mile away.  But, its easier to just assume staff cheated then considering maybe someone just really is that observant.

Another example:

BillyTheKid is about to go rogue after a late night drinking session on IRC with a few of his ingame besties but at the last minute decides to wait a week or two for a bigger gun.  He dies a few days later with the whisper of "Rogues Suck".  Toby must have super irc code that allows him to spy on private channels!  No.  But I get it, its easier to assume staff cheated then consider that maybe one of your friends sold you out. 

Looking at the above examples you can see how easy these accusations can happen.  And when strung together and shouted in front of an audience with some well crafted words, you can bias people in ways that make it easier for them to think that some staff member is untrustworthy because thats an easier excuse than whatever the real reason is.

Report Post Tip

I am drunk and my first thought is 5 peeps warred one and lost. That scenario is long overdue. lol

I don't know what Disorder and posse can look up or not but what I do know is  the shit is questionable.

Report Post Tip

You never had a huge problem which means there as been problems.

Aye, we've had problems.  When we first started helpdesk a lot of things worked on trust.  Staff had access to a lot more tools which made admining the game a lot easier, but I got blind sided when a staff member got caught stealing money.  They were fired and immediately after this I started logging everything.  Now, every single page load that any account with any kind of clearance is logged.  Any action that could possibly be abused is not only logged, but alerted.  IRC notifications, personals, emails, texts, I have a paper trail a mile long for anything of importance.  Everything is recorded and locked down so that without a doubt it can never happen again, and if somehow if it did, I would be notified and can act on it instantly with all evidence needed right in front of me to act on it, or disprove it.

We have stripped down the access of everything to just the most simplest things, which unfortunately means that 90% of my time I am dealing with issues and doing things that really should be delegated, but to please the squeaky wheels from becoming toxic and poisoning the mindset of the game, I do it mostly myself.  I often wonder how much better the game would be if I could spend the extra hours coding rather than doing tasks that I have to do by myself because of the sharp pitch forks, torches and mob mentality that happens when someone comes to the forums and tries to wage a propaganda war with the goal of tarnishing the reputation of staff.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: CDOA/HelpDesk Playing Accounts
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL