Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:35:22
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 
Steak and Calamari Started by: Phil_Steak on Jan 12, '13 04:08

I really wanted to avoid coming out here into this already ridiculous and blown out of proportion debate, but after the 'Links' that were provided by Rook I feel I need to say what happened with the whole Cpt-Harris incident.

SquidMaster approached Cpt-Harris as a friend, and originally just spoke as friends, about shit friends speak about. However, the conversation then turned onto PH and NO vs CH, and that he was worried that they were going to attack CH. He then proceeded to attempt to, 'get Cpt-Harris on side' and have him agree that he would back Chicago were it to come about that PH and NO should attack CH, OR, if it came about that CH decided to attack PH and NO. It was said a few times that this was a possibility and that SquidMaster was in fact thinking about attacking PH and NO, he just couldn't do it with his city alone.

Now obviously it would be beneficial to have another city on his side, and join him in attacking PH and NO. This was, I believe, the intent of his conversation with Cpt-Harris. (I have the benefit of the entire logs of the conversation, not just one snippet of them.) To try to goad a leader of mine to join him is bad enough, but to then ask him to persuade me to join the cause, well, it steps over the line, really.

I was not comfortable with knowing that SquidMaster was now trying to recruit other cities to help him with a war against PH and NO, and I was not about to slide it under the rug and not utter a word of it to anyone.

As is rather obvious to anybody who knows me, or knows how I got to the position of Godfather, I hold both PH and NO in very high regard, and if it not for them, I would not have made it to Godfather, and been able to build the best city I have had the pleasure of working with. Due to this fact, I then proceeded to speak to them about this 'precautionary conversation' between SquidMaster and Cpt-Harris.

Yes, Cpt-Harris showed me the conversation, which was the right thing to do, considering he has no allegiances to SquidMaster. Yes, I then showed this conversation to Philly, which was also the right thing to do, for the points I have said above.

Now of course, this was only one of the reasons that Phil outlined for shooting Squid. If it were me? This reason would've been enough of it's own. I commend Phil for his level headedness with this situation. It could've been a LOT worse.

Report Post Tip

Chicago has shown how pathetically pussy it's leaders are. Loyalty vs. Survival. I've been around this place for a while now and this is the first time I've seen something like this.

No matter what anybody says about the idle actions of Chicago after Godfather Squidmaster was gunned down, it all goes down to the simple truth a few people are denying. Chicago is a not a city of strength or loyalty anymore. It's about his or her character and what he or she has to do to survive.

SpaceCowboy after this incident, I wish you the best of luck. You'll need it

Report Post Tip

We understand it Sammy, do not fret. You hold "allegiances" to Phil and DS, or shall we say, you are allowed to live thanks to them. You remind me of a beggar standing on a curb surviving off the mercy of other people. God forbid one day they stop tolerating your presence, I dont even wanna think what might happen then.

And yes, you are right to suck as much dick as you can right now, Sticks put you in a very hot spot. Watch your tail, fluffing other Godfathers will get keep you safe for only that long. After all, when your ex "captain' Harris ( you see what I did there?) just spoke as friends with SM, about shit friends speak about (because we all know take downs are the subject of every friendly conversation amirite?) I can only imagine how scared you might feel.

Stay safe "godfather".

Report Post Tip

Sammy ruffles CHfullofsnitches' hair and smiles.

Run along now child, you have windows to lick don't you?"

Report Post Tip

Rarely do I engage in these discussions, but I feel like penetrating this gangbang of heated words.

First, what's wrong with survival?  Should Reno and Benteen followed Custer into the Little BigHorn?  They held their positions, however, they retreated while Custer led his 7th to death.  Should all the crew leaders of Chicago run in, guns-a-blazing and sacrificed their city and their crews?  And for what?  A war has been avoided, which would have taken many unnecessary casualties.  A war was avoided.  AVOIDED!  As in, didn't happen!

Secondly, we don't know what would have happened if Phil never took out SquidMaster.  History is always full of what-ifs.  Would the market have crashed if Herbert Hoover wasn't President?  We don't know. What would you all be saying about Phil if he hadn't acted, and things had gone another way?  Where was his decisive leadership?  Why did he let his personal association with Squid Master jeapordize his city?

People aren't happy that Squid Master was taken down before his retirement.  Words, excuses, and accusations are flying around like forskins at the first bris!  But, there was no war!  Would there have been a war?  Maybe, maybe not.  A man who was going to leave is gone.  There is no war.  Chicago has lived so it may thrive under new leadership.

The only casualties are feelings and opinions.  It might have been a lot worse.

Report Post Tip

-Mayhem- hears the word on the streets, takes the steel clamp from his mouth,

Man, that thing was hard to remove, he stops to think how long it's been to actually speaks on these very streets his grandfather walked, moving his jaw a bit to get the right words out he speaks:

All I have to say is, I see no wrong doing on Godfather Phil_Steak's part, Godfather SquidMaster made a mistake and paid for it. I'm no one is this world "I understand that" lets pay our respects to the fallen Godfather and move on with our lives. I checked back in my journals and time and time again, Godfathers rise and they fall, its the vicious cycle in this way of life. This has been said "I know" on other post in this very "street statement" but, why keep dragging this out. What's done is done.

Godfather Phil_Steak, you did what any leader would do to protect thier city I commend on your swift response to this otherwise potentially fatal action.

RIP Godfather SquidMaster

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Steak and Calamari
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL