Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 06:19:23
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Where are all the Mobsters? Started by: killer6 on Dec 10, '08 22:25
But alot of these deaths are after they have logged in more than once and not mailed anyone.

They recieve more mails than ever before telling them that they must join a family. If they do not then they will die. But do not fear you can do whatever the fuck you like for the other 47 and a half hours and nothing will be done to you as you may never return.

The rule was a user rule that was taken over and obscenely expanded on by the admins until it is now a main stay of our society. To not have to make effort for 48 hours, to be handed everything on a plate and to know you will not die allows people to expect a living to be handed to them and allows them to be lazy.

As I said. Only trained hitters would be able to hit these gangsters anyway. I would expect a trained hitter to know the difference between right and wrong. Especially if these hitters are correctly being marshalled by their leaders. What they do not need is the Gods watching over them as well.

It will take one massive desicion by the Gods to help return this world to how it was. The knocks on, if managed by those currently bold, will allow people to learn how to be a mobster again.

Show effort, loyalty and most of all self restraint. The Under 48 hour rule could be kept by the users with a new set of rules. We do not need coloured obits, times on profiles and obvious hostility when the suggestion is made to get rid of it.
Report Post Tip
Good thing you have returned with a playing character to help the community.
Report Post Tip
Why are you stalking me?
Report Post Tip
Some cracking points raised Ray Ray.

"Let me go into more detail. Rules. What rules? What are these rules you speak of? There are rules of the game, to keep the game flowing and keep it running smooth. But rules? Like, "We just killed XXX leader, do not kill his/her members, they have 24 hours to find a crew. If you do you will be shot.""

Amen, brother. The only people who protect fallen leader's members are their leaders closest allies. I remember doing it for you once as Creamcheese when you'd died and I put out a word that any of your unsponsored shouldn't be touched (I ended up warring Sly_McSlapmore over that lol), however it CERTAINLY shouldn't be the family head who has just ended the other leader's life. They should be going balls out to finish off the rest of them. I know I would if they had ANY significant ranks left, whether someone had told me not to shoot the unsponsored or not. I just killed their family head, I expect retaliation.

Have to agree on the fallen leaders members too. You should NOT be looking for a new family, UNLESS... you are of a high rank with a brutal shot. Then waiting a few days for the mess to clear up may be a smart idea. But you should have thoughts of only taking revenge on your boss' killer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here is another: Who the fuck are you to tell me how to run my family? I had a great conversation today with a good friend, and we were discussing how leaders now-a-days use the new favorite excuse, "He/she doesn't run their family right. He/she member whores. He/she [insert stupid ass excuse here]." Who the fuck are you to tell me how to run my family? I run my family the way I want to run my family."

As long as that family isn't interfering with your family, then there should be no problem. Leaders have enough on their plates without dictating others how to run their family's. If a said leader is doing something you don't like you have 2 things you can do...

*Tell them to quit what they are doing or feel the wrath of you and your family.

*Shut the fuck up.

There should be no bitching or whining outside of your family's inner circle. In there you can bitch, whine and moan all you like.

"Which brings me to my next point; Where the hell are all the role plays and public relations, etc with the rest of the community. Every leader on MR's history has been nonexistent in this category. No one wants to role play why they took down a leader. No one wants to be creative and say, "I lost my medication, I went crazy, the gun fired, we couldn't stop, [continue role play here]. No. Leaders here decided that, "lets kill XXX and then not release a thread out for five days and then bitch and moan that I am being called a tyrant or a evil bitch, or just plain fucking stupid." I guess we lost the creative people too. I guess "he is a shit leader," suffices with everyone now. Not me people, NOT ME!"

*coughs*

I believe I printed a whole fucking diary entry for each war I was in during Creamcheese. We did lose a lot of creative people, however there are still plenty of folk around capable enough to fill the voids left by retired players, they're just too fucking lazy.

"Another thing... wtf? I have never seen so many people break Omerta. Just a few days ago, a guy was on IRC and spouting out witness statements. Are you serious right now? Like, where have all the mobsters gone? Where are they? I think they all left. Maybe a reason why I do not play this game anymore. None of you people care. No one cares. There is no family. There are no mobsters. There is no Omerta, respect, anything. It is gone. It is lost forever."

There is only one excuse for this...

Leaders and the more experienced members are not teaching people Omerta. They are also not being punished for breaking the code. They get a telling off, not a demotion, or even worse... being shot. If anyone broke omerta in any of my family's (apart from if I wanted to entice a war lol) then that member would be dead, unless I felt some deep affection for them (hardly fucking likely).
Report Post Tip

No one truly knows what it means to play this game anymore. It saddens me every day to come home from work, come to my second job on here, and see a bunch of people act worse than a daycare. It breaks my heart, it really does. All your baiting, all your bullshit, all your "I have 24 hours to find a crew in my profile." It is all utter bullshit. I loved this place. More than any of you ever will know besides Scott and Billy. I gave my soul to this place. And I look at it now, and I am ashamed that I used to call this home.

I am not stalking you at all, merely excited that after 2.5 months of posting this you are finally back to help change the game for these hos....change the game like we supposed......
Report Post Tip
TeQ, I knew you would agree with a lot of my points I made in that statement. We see a lot of the same things :)

Rourkey, I don't know if I'm here to change anything, but I am here to give ideas, and to set an example of how things SHOULD be done, not how they are done now.

But I like hoes, where do we find some? :P
Report Post Tip
As I have also walked these shores, it was more "structured" in the older times, but things change, just like countries change, so has this "cosa nostra" So we must do with it the best we can.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Where are all the Mobsters?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL