Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 20:42:53
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Rules and Expectations Started by: Zoey on Dec 13, '08 13:14
*looks at Sebastian wondering if it a girl or a guy*

*shakes head and stands from the bench*

No Sebastian. You said, "And if their parents were smart enough to have some money put away the kid should suffer?". If that's the case they're not a new member to this world of ours. They know the rules and they're just going around them and using it to their advantage. The new members of our community tend to go to 1-3 people in search of information. Usually those new people go the the members in bold letters. Thats the most logical thing to do if you're new to this world without even reading the handbook. Common sense.

That's just a little info to tell the difference between first timers and returning mobsters.

*smacks Sebastian on the azz and hopes it a girl*
Report Post Tip
An old goomba jauntily struts into the midst of conversation.

I apologize for my delay in attending to this topic, but I was busy pleading my case against BrianRourke in court. Please note that I speak not as a representation of MickeyRourke's family, but instead for my lineage.

I think that "war protection" is laughable and should really not exist. My fathers and mothers have always told me that the best way to get ahead is to eliminate your enemies. If I was a leader, I would be happy to shoot the higher ranking unsponsored mafiosos after another leader perished to both protect my own interests and increase the likelihood that my family remains stronger than those around. If I was a member of a family who could shoot, I would take that opportunity to prove to my boss that I was willing to help my family and could excel in times of warfare by testing my gun on the bodies of established mafiosos. Please, hold your insults and accusations towards me for the time being; I do not have a gun and if I did, I would keep it holstered for my entire tenure on these shores. There has been a stigma attached to "war protection" for too long to the point that other leaders look down upon one of their own circle who pulls the trigger. Are we not mafiosos here, concerned more with the interests of our family?

As for this so-called "48 hour rule," I tend to err on the side of caution. The Gods above obviously see a point to helping out the younger members of our society, going so far as to clearly delineate their status as tattoos on their foreheads and blessing them with specially colored suits upon their deaths. In my opinion, I see a repeal of this "rule" as nothing more than an attempt to have attempts to shoot more frequently and amass more kills at a quicker pace. I can understand the point of the Gods in this case as they wish to increase the number of citizens who join our shores and I can understand the point made by Donna Zoey in order to remove the ability of unsponsored mafiosos to roam freely without repercussion. In this instance, I tend to side with our Gods. They have placed special markings on the younglings and I will continue to abide by their Godly instructions until these are removed.

Quite honestly, I am in no point to enforce anything, seeing as I am a "young pup" on these streets, but I am happy to converse with anyone who wishes to chat. Please feel free to mail me anytime if you wish to chat in a less public forum.
Report Post Tip
I think War protection is a waste as well, i feel like if the attacker puts out a statement in the streets to let them live then it is up to the other Cls depending on their resepect for the other Cls wishes to either shoot or not. In other words it should be up to every individual Leader if unsponsored mafiosos should be spared or not in their city. If thier is multiple leaders in a city then they should come to an agreement or vote. I was spared in my first crew war in King Cavs family because i was a goomba and i quickly joined Manes family. When Manes family was killed if i would have been spared i probablly would have wanted time to find another family but in my opinion it wouldnt have been my choice. As i have said and i will say again. War Politics should be decided upon by the Crew Leaders in their Individual cities and even have it posted on their profile, "No Shooting unsponsoreds during Times of War". Or vice versa. "In *name city here* unsponsoreds are liable to get shot during times of war" etc.

~Steb
Report Post Tip
Stebbers, you are a product of a new era when mobsters are coddled and fear death more than dishonor. You say you would have liked time to find a family after Mane's death, and that you were given time to find a family after the death of King Cav. Nowhere did you say you would liked to have fought for your family and done everything in your power to avenge their demise.

This is a sign of the times, and all the more reason things must change. The newer immigrants are learning poor values.
Report Post Tip
uggugh i dont fear anything i play many mafia games and all my associates no i play for war, but i cant wish for something i havent been trained in yet. Would be stupid its not brave to die for no reason its brave to risk your life for something you believe in. I have no poor values i have exceptional ones to be exact. i will do anything for my family if they told me to do a suicide mission at this moment i wouldnt hesitate because i believe that they wouldnt have me do anything that wasnt in the best intrest of the family. I am slightly insulted that you judged me or tried to put me in that slack category of being a disloyal coward and i can only expect or wish for an apology or an explanation for further reason for you to believe what you said.

~Steb
Report Post Tip
*still sitting at on the bench watching the different mobsters step in the box*

*lites his joint from behind his ear and continues smoking*

*Ears Tanner's responses*

*nods*

That's sure true Tanner. There was a time when CL wouldn't accept a fallen CL's left overs. They where used as target practice. This only made you stronger as a unsponsered and the high level unsponsered from your crew would buy a HQ and try to save the name of the family.

Now everyone just runs for cover. Ow well....

*sits back on bench and puffs his joint*
Report Post Tip
The latest war's I remember they was taking out in the sleep. So there could be no buy out. The one's that did and was able did buy out and fight.

I don't know where people are getting there fact's from these day's. To much joint smoking I suppose.
Report Post Tip
I feel that after a Don has died, all of their members should die with them, it is a harsh reality but that's just the way things need to be. Why leave someone alive who can bring you harm? It just doesn't make sense.

Regarding the 48 hour rule, it will be extremely hard to determine who is taking advantage of this and who isn't but I feel that getting a free ride for 2 days is just a joke, the gods have done almost everything within their power to try and ensure people are not taking out these newer faces and I believe that if they feel so strongly about it then they could have some kind of divine intervention and make it so they can not die within 48 hours. In the mean time though, these mobsters are paying no tribute and are dealing drugs and robbing old ladies on our turfs, why the hell shouldn't we shoot them?

I think Zoey's made the right choice and is something perhaps every leader should follow.
Report Post Tip
Should RHM inherit crews old HQ if Crewleader falls?
Report Post Tip
There is no inherit. If the CL dies most the time it's in a war. If the family makes it out alive yes I don't see why not. That's why he was RHM. But most the time If the CL dies the RHM is taking out shortly after.

To my knowledge there has never been a case where a Cl fell and a RHM was able to lead the family.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Rules and Expectations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL