Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:51:49
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Disrespect At Funerals Started by: Guardian on Jan 06, '09 16:27
The leader of The Guardians Chasseurs walks out of a funeral shaking his head. He's disgusted with what he heard inside the church.

For as long as I remember disrespecting people who are deceased within our seven cities has always been frowned upon. Respect is one of the beliefs the Mafia was founded on. Let me educate some of you about how this life of ours works. These cities run smoothly because of the respect the family heads have for each other and the rules we put in place for you all to follow.

One of the rules we have in place is to be respectful at all times and this includes in funerals. Within the last few weeks I've seen more frequent disrespect in funerals. It's supposed to be common courtesy to respect the dead. Have people forgotten this? It's obvious when people who should know it's not acceptable do it anyway.

Guardian's angry eyes look around the streets.

I understand some people are jealous of others and dislike them, so when they unfortunately pass away they cannot hide their delight. Maybe their bloodlines acted a certain way in the past or present, which people may have disliked. Now as much as you think some people deserve to have their grave spat on, it's just not the way you should conduct yourself.

People who are disrespectful, rude and laugh after a death show they would rather lose their own life instead of being a respectable Mafioso and carrying on business as usual. A funeral is no place to show your grudges. When I pay my last respects to members of my family I won't tolerate hearing disrespect towards them. I despise people who go to funerals only to talk disrespectful and laugh. t is not the way I work. I will also do my damn hardest to have the person executed for it if I see it.

Have we really reached a time where this is an acceptable thing to do? Let me answer that for you, NO we most certainly have not.

The Don pauses to take a breath and looks over at the people listening to him.

So, what's your opinion on this? Would you allow someone to disrespect your family or friend's funeral? Hell, would you even have nothing to say about seeing it happen to any funeral?
Report Post Tip
Call me crazy, but disrespect at a funeral is just kind of stupid. Everyone is gathered around the deceased, and here you come, probably drunk from celebrating this person's death, and you verbally abuse this person.

I think it's cowardly. More than likely, what you are saying you couldn't say to their face, so you chose their place of rest and peace to dishonor them, and basically dishonor yourself.

Now, this is the part where you can call me crazy. I'm not one to normally poke my head into other people's business, but are we punishing those that do this crime? Are we even giving them a slap on the wrist? Putting them in time-out? I haven't seen any, but again, I may just be an old fart who is blind to these punishments. But my point is I think they need to be more swift and more severe. If it is true that disobedience and disrespect will not be tolerated, we need to make sure people know this. Guardian, you say you will execute, and for that I applaud. I only hope others follow suit.
Report Post Tip
All debts are paid at death, simple as that. I can't envisage a scenario where funeral disrespect is justified, and it's one of the few offences where I believe the only punishment should be death, regardless of the level of disrespect and regardless of the rank of whoever is involved.

I guess not everyone agrees with this though.
Report Post Tip
I agree with you King.
Report Post Tip
Mickey, as a Don and leader of 69 other people, surely you have an opinion of your own on this matter. I can't imagine if one of your members disrespected a funeral you would follow whatever King's opinion is.
Report Post Tip
What more would you like to hear from me? I agree with the man. You disrespect someone at their funeral, you will be killed. Would you like a lavish lengthy speech on how many different ways I would shoot you in the face for breaking this? Do I owe you anything in coming out here and teasing your appetite for a good read?

I would love to entertain the stupidity of most with a big LOLz but have chosen not to. If there is anything else you feel you need to share with me, please do.
Report Post Tip
You're right Harvey, Mickey's opinion normally follows my opinion. And I agree with King.

Thomas holds hands with Mickey
Report Post Tip
We'd be more entertained if you did cartwheels, Mickey.
Report Post Tip
Draven steps up and nods in agreement with the group.

I agree 100%. That the disrespect shown at some funerals here lately is well tbh sickening. There is no reason for that to be shown at the time for mourning. I go with the old saying. If you don't have anything good to say. Don't say anything at all
Report Post Tip
I agree with Mirage.

On a more serious note, it has never been acceptable, so why should it be now- regardless of your feelings towards the individual? It is their final resting place, so why should some asshat get away with disturbing it?

What goes around comes around, and in this instance it comes back around in the form of a pistol down the throat. Can anything be more glorious?
Report Post Tip
More glorious? Well, have you seen Mirage place her legs behind her head and fit into a box? I have!
Report Post Tip
Sorry that my expectations are so high. When a Don comes out to the streets and voices his opinion on a matter as Guardian has, I guess I should expect as much from someone else. I never asked for a "lolz" or a lengthy speech in the hundred different ways your bullet could penetrate a skull. Hell, going into detail I never asked for anything at all.

But don't fret yourself, your presence doesn't tease my appetite.
Report Post Tip
Thomas chuckles

Oh oh oh, did anyone else hear that Harvey said "69"? Heh. Heh heh. Yeeeeah.
Report Post Tip
This really should be a waste of breath, agreeing with something so obvious to the very backbone of this thing of ours, but sadly it does seem to be needed at the moment.

I can't agree strongly enough with everyone who has spoken. Our lives, our entire way of life, is built on respect. There is no greater lack of respect than spitting on the grave of the fallen. KingOfOnePercent summed it up beautifully, "all debts are paid at death".
Report Post Tip
I agree with ThomasRourke on this matter as Harvey did in fact say "69."

My question to you gathered people: If a mafioso says something the lines of "el-oh-el R.I.P" as SuperTed did in -JohnDillanger-'s funeral today, does the fact that he utters an "R.I.P." trump his insulting "el-oh-el" from earlier?
Report Post Tip
Hmm, an interesting point dear Rourkey, interesting point indeed. I think Machiavelli spoke of accountability with regards to your words in mafia funerals once, and he says they are to be punished by death, or having to listen to Brian Rourke talk about the one time he did something noteworthy.
Report Post Tip
I would hardly call taking a crap the size of Rhode Island "noteworthy," but to each his own.

I obviously mean no disrespect towards Mr. Ted or his family, but I am curious as to what will be accepted going forward. If I show up to a good friend's funeral, (BrianRourke for example), light his grave on fire, sleep with his nan, and declare myself ruler and king of his "shit-eating soul".....will I be saved eternal damnation if I slip in a saucy "R.I.P.?"
Report Post Tip
I don't think a RIP makes up for laughing at anyone's funeral, especially a Don.
Report Post Tip
I'm not one to make rules, but since you asked the opinion of the gathered crowd, I would say no. Hell no. Although I'm a bit old-fashioned and a bit of a hard ass in that a simple RIP barely suffices. You may as well sit at home with a beer knowing you sent flowers and a condolence card. People that go to a funeral and simple state for the deceased to rest in peace are merely there to make face among the crowd who actually cares about the victim. Anyone with a shred of care for the dead will actually take some time to express their feelings.

So Rourkey, no, you can not sleep with his nan and be saved from damnation. Not in my opinion at least. Even if it is to be considered an "inside joke".
Report Post Tip
I don't think it's much of a joke, Brian's 'nan' died yesterday, so everything Rourkey is describing would be quite a desecration.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Disrespect At Funerals
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL