Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 19:19:56
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Godmothers, wisegals etc Started by: Penny on Jul 31, '14 04:59
I know there are a bunch of women who play the game and some of then are in high positions "godfathers" why can't we have godmothers . In the same regards have wisegals , there is only he he he. Even standard crimes it's always he or him, I think characters should be male or female long story short.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I agree with this. A character should have the choice of gender. Crimes should state he or she accordingly. Titles should be gender specific depending on the characters choice too.

Report Post Tip

I agree!...

Report Post Tip

I also agree with the "Gender selection"  I mean no woman wants to have the game automatically assume she is a male player..  Great suggestion

Report Post Tip

i agree

Report Post Tip

Equal rights, lol! But seriously though, this should be implemented, not only we male people play MR. Women have played critical roles in the criminal underworld.

P.S. Technically, guy can sometimes be used for both genders.

Report Post Tip

and if you guys wanna get literal women got the right to vote around 1920/1921

Report Post Tip

A gender selection option during the creation of each character should facilitate this change quite easily. I'm in agreement with the idea.

Report Post Tip

Nope, disagree. You can choose to roleplay anyone you want, but the mafia in the 1920s/30s did not allow women in it!

Report Post Tip

incorrect eric, the women of those days had some of the most influential power for the era and often used their influence to swing their votes how they wanted to get who they wanted into power

Report Post Tip

Eric is right.

While I`m all for equal rights; the time era when this took place there were no female mobsters. 

I like the idea though, but it isn`t quite right RP wise, I guess.

Report Post Tip

ScaryGuy, women being allowed to vote didn't have anything to do with the mafia...

Report Post Tip

tell that to the italian americans where women were seen as more powerful mobsters as men

Report Post Tip
Whats the difference if u RP as a woman or you can actually choose to be female/male when u start?? Lol i mean i understand girls wernt involved back in the day, but its pretty obvious they are very involved here and now.. Its not like the women are runnin around in secret atm.. girls are alrdy openly active in the "mafia world" rite now.. Dont see what it would really matter or hurt. No difference between seeing the rank "wise gal" and seeing a profile thats all womanized saying they r a female lol its alrdy openly acceptd or i mite agree with u eric :) maybe only allow male accts to be CL or sumthn to keep it sorta like old days lol
Report Post Tip

Virginia Hill, Kit Kelly, Bonnie Parker. The list can go on. Women may not have been at the forefront but they were there.

EZ the difference is the mechanics. Why should a person RPing a woman be called a man by default? Someone said our first GF here was a woman. That was a long time ago. IMO this recognition is overdue.

Report Post Tip

The term "Godfather" is a rank, not a title. Titles are gender-specific, ranks are not. There's no female versions of "colonel", "general", or "admiral", because these ranks are not gender-specific. The fact that these ranks contain words like "guy", "man", and "father" are merely because they originate from a time dominated by men.

This suggestion is as silly as suggesting female versions of military ranks like "admirette" (admiral) or "cadess" (cadet). 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Enaento - Bonnie Parker was an outlaw, not a mafioso (or even related to the mafia). And while yes, the women you have named were 'associated' with organised crime they were still not mafioso, they were wives or girlfriends of those actually in the mafia. Give me the name of one woman who was ever Made (during to 20s/30s) and I will concede the point, however at this point I still disagree.

Report Post Tip

actually denam there is women in history (not from this era of course) who held the title of Godmother

Report Post Tip

best example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griselda_Blanco

Report Post Tip

ScaryGuy she wasn't even in the mafia. She was a colombian drug lord.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Godmothers, wisegals etc
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL