Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 19:31:24
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
COMING SOON: Brothels. Started by: Squishy on Sep 07, '14 22:22

We will soon be adding brothels as a new feature in the game.  Brothels serve two purposes, they generate a little cash, but most importantly they are a breeding ground of info (and herpes).

If there is a brothel within close proximity of a murder, the witness code will go down a list of possible witnesses and seeing if there is a good match, if there is not, an NPC lady of the night will catch it.  (There is also a 5% chance of them catching it by default)

Now, some may view a woman of this trade with disdain, but they are women of influence, power, and most of all information.

Owners who pay them well and treat them with the utmost respect will find themselves on the pulse of the information.  But act quick, a lady when properly bribed by someone she respects and likes, may give out the information to someone else before you even get a chance to make your rounds.

These brothels are not just frequented by criminals, its common to see civilians, police, politicians and even judges frequent these houses of pleasure - so the owners need to have a clean reputation.  Too big of a body count and they will be shut down.  This is supposed to be a clean business after all!

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Tina from The Loop said you would say that.

Report Post Tip

Tina does this thing with her pinky... it's indescribable. 

Report Post Tip

http://www.hss.edu/images/corporate/Large-Tophus-Finger-Gout.jpg

Story checks out.

Report Post Tip

That's the one! I guess a picture is worth a thousand words!

Report Post Tip

OMG! I literally lost it when I saw that picture LOL!!!!!

Good one.

Report Post Tip

Is this only a text based feature ( I realize we probably want to keep this pg) but after seeing that image and thinking about other features that have animation/sounds perhaps we could have some fun with it; perhaps for finger/ old school bubba type things as well...

Just a thought I realize code is time money and effort and it would probably be a great success as text alone.

Report Post Tip

I know a guy who can find some Eastern European chicks..................................

Report Post Tip

I really like the idea.

Report Post Tip
Will this be a city/district based thing with a limited amount available like DFps or more like CAs where anyone can own one?
Report Post Tip

Aye it will be liimited on a district level.

Report Post Tip

This sounds like a very interesting idea. 

I understand the To Do list has to continually be re-prioritised and 'new' features like this must be secondary to the tweaks and fixes impacting on day to day gameplay, but I do look forward to this one coming live at some point in the future. Very interesting mechanics at play there. Two big thumbs up.

Report Post Tip

"Two big thumbs up" isn't that your usual request in the brothels Setanta

Report Post Tip

I was just getting it in there in front of the crowds.

And by crowds, I mean HubertCapone. And by getting it in there, I mean really getting it deep in there.

Report Post Tip

Will these be ownable by the player, like a DFP?

Report Post Tip

Praefect,

Yes, these will be ownable by players just like DFPs.

Report Post Tip

Will the price be about the same?

Report Post Tip

The pricing is structured completely different since its not tied to your units.

Report Post Tip

i like this idea

Report Post Tip
Gotta date on these?
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: COMING SOON: Brothels.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL