Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 10:55:08
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
A Little Lesson in Accountability Started by: Marietta on Apr 21, '09 17:24
I hope I just taught many of you a worthwhile lesson.

In response to Godfather Thomas' recent speech on those that condone and send condolences to rogues, I stated that I would be killing many of you. As of now, you should notice that all of you are still alive. Congratulations.

Yet for the time that I spent preparing this very speech, were you afraid? Were you lining up the defensive front? Were you preparing pro shots and assigning shots to hitters? Did you, for just a moment, get a glimmer of fear that it would all be coming to an end?

Good. I'm glad.

Let that fear you just felt be a reminder to you, every day, that rogues are not acceptable to this way of life and that some of us leaders out there still have standards on how this place should be run.

After all that many of you are now able to understand a fraction of the emotions that go through the heads of those who deal with the rogues. No, the other Godfathers and Dons and I are not the rulers of the world, but we recognize that many of you work hard to get where you are. That you have toiled and worked your fingers to the bones for your Dons and Godfathers. That to have your life ended at the hands of someone who goes against this very way of life would be the biggest act of disrespect we could allow to happen to you.

This is what Detroit goes through. This is what New York, and Las Vegas, and Chicago go through every single time a rogue pops up. Why? Because a rogue is bad for everyone's business. That has never been different during the entire existence of this land. In all my family's years here in this world, a rogue is a rogue is a rogue. There is no other word, there is no other action. There is nothing more than a rogue. He or she ceases to be your friend, your family member, your associate the second they go against the wishes of your family.

And in case you don't know, or you have forgotten:

You do not support rogues. You do not supply rogues with money. You do not prowack them. You do not attend their funerals sending them off with well wishing and above all you do not disrespect a Godfather in the streets in the name of and for the sake of a rogue.

All of those actions can get you killed. Do you all understand that now? You will die for breaking the principles of this way of life. Rogues go against the very values of the underworld. We are organized crime, not disorganized crime. Jesus Christ, what do we need to say or do to get that point through to you people?

Well I hope what I have done, by inducing mass hysteria, will finally get you all to listen. All of this boils down to one thing, and one thing only, and it is this that I will be speaking to you all about today:

Entitlement.

How many of you know what that word means? Some? A few? Not many? I'll give the majority of you here some credit and say "some".

Though only some may realize what the definition of "entitlement" means, many people around here walk around with a huge sense of it. Many mobsters feel that they deserve anything they want whenever they want, and they have it coming to them because in their minds they have earned it.

I hate to break it to you, ladies and gentlemen, but most of you have not earned a thing. This world where lines are not defined anymore is coming to an end. For some of you, this will not affect a thing from your day to day lives. For a large quantity of you, however, this will be chalked up as a little lesson in accountability. Your see all and be all- as it always should have been- is your Boss' word.

Your loyalties should always, first and foremost, lay with those of your Crew Leader's. End of. I am not going to stand here and stifle your creativity, or your opinions. Not at all. On issues that are of a delicate matter, on issues that involve the potential loss of peoples' lives- it is these that I speak of.

When anyone's life is put into jeopardy, despite how grave you personally feel the situation is, your actions must mirror that of your Leaders. Are they unhappy that soandso rogued? Then you should be too. Speaking out against what your Boss feels will get you killed, end of. It doesn't matter if they were your cousin, or your best friend since you were in diapers. The second you speak out in support of, give thanks to, or think fondly of a rogue, you have disgraced your family. Period. There is no other way to paint it. Try it, I dare you.

This sense of entitlement that prods some of you into arguing with a Godfather from another city- you have all now just been stripped of it. No more entitlement exists. You, your Boss and your Right Hand are now responsible and accountable for your actions. If you share your opinions in a debate, fine, but if you boldly go against the grain and speak out against someone more powerful than yourself without the TINIEST shred of respect, then you hold the keys to your own life in your hands.

I find it hilarious that a lot of people think Godfather Thomas of New York is the one prone to becoming a loose cannon, who would shoot people without feeling a pang of guilt or batting an eyelash. Let it be known, however, that it was he who talked me out of going to war right here and right now. Those of you who do not respect or honor him, you now all owe this man your lives. Remember that in the future when this man is offering up his life and his safety to kill a rogue that may be your "friend"... because the only "friends" I see in this scenario are the ones allowing themselves to be shot at by rogues so that you don't have to be.
Report Post Tip
But how are you going to stop this rogue madness when you and your followers keep auth'ing retards into power? It's so easy when they give you invites blind folded along with the promotion lol
Report Post Tip
What rogue madness? There's been three unsuccessful rogues against me in my entire career. I'm not exactly concerned about the rogues here, but rather the attitude our society has in regard to them.
Report Post Tip
BM Applauds Marietta after her speach

I happen to think that was a great speach and i understand what marietta and Thomas are feeling regarding rouges I think it would be a total slap in the face of any CL to see a Don or any rank of a rouge go bold just to take out as many lives as they can before theres is ended because of the not getting what they wanted how they wanted it.
Report Post Tip
Let it be known that Godfather Thomas' feeling regarding rouge is that it should be applied lightly to emphasize high cheekbones. Ugly women should apply it a little heavier.
Report Post Tip
Dynamo walks in hearing the discussion, and gives Marietta an applause

What you are saying is absolutely true Godmother. Everyone who gives Condolences to the rouges SHOULD be shot, I mean they are supporting someone who has killed or came close to killing members of families. Now, I do have a question to those who support those "Rouges". Why would you wish well, and give condolences to someone who could've easily taken your life, or the leader of your family, and put you into danger?
Report Post Tip
The society's attitude to seems fine to me.

May it be three or three billion unsuccessful rogues, it will only take one to bring you or your associates down. Honestly, that's what many want to see. Why do you think there is such a big audience standing in the streets watching these "unsuccessful, nonlethal, small-time, pathetic, etc." rogues taking shots at you or other GF's? Oh yeah, that's right! They are scared of their big bad water guns!!!!
Report Post Tip
...What audience? What rogue? Are you fucking blind and dumb? I see nothing out of the ordinary here.
Report Post Tip
I have to agree with Marietta there is definitely nothing out of the order. I believe that cat is just exaggerating on the whole topic. I do think that our society needs to be a little bit more controlled, but there is no such thing as "rogue madness". If someone wants to go rogue and then gets killed for doing something stupid then let that be their dumb mistake.
Report Post Tip
I agree, We live and survive by our rules. These rouges are going against the grain and its just not how this thing of ours is supposed to work!
Report Post Tip
Alf walks in on the speech and feels he needs to have his 2 cents worth

"Just to add my agreement to every other persons sentiment,s rouges are the people of this world who would not and do not deserve to be authed,and do it throught the right channels.

And showing support for there actions,is disrespectful to everybody in this world,punishable by DEATH"

"Rouges are always going to be something that will pop up now and again,like a rat infastation,like rats they will be delt with-harshly."

"In my short time on these streets,these rouges that have popped up, i feel have been dealt with promptly and in the correct way"

Alf takes his oppinions bags them up and goes back to the bar
Report Post Tip
*Rogues!
Report Post Tip
"damn i was off school the day we learnt to spell,my bad"
Report Post Tip
Marietta I believe a LOT can be gleaned off of your lesson today. It was a drastic way to go about teaching something, but let's face facts, things around here have been getting kind of lax. I think with the high influx of new members that many of the smaller nuances forget to be taught over again, in this case, offering condolences or respects to a rogue crewleader. If anything I think this is a wake up call to leaders that their job isn't obsolete, and that their sole goal should still be to lead. I think for the most part when there isn't war or something unexpected happening every day people start to rest on their laurels a bit too much. I think this was a very enlightening experience to snap people back into the right mindset.
Report Post Tip
If anything I think this is a wake up call to leaders that their job isn't obsolete, and that their sole goal should still be to lead. I think for the most part when there isn't war or something unexpected happening every day people start to rest on their laurels a bit too much. I think this was a very enlightening experience to snap people back into the right mindset.

Jesus,thats so true... and in my feeling to it, Thomas your right. Even In the lofty position of Don if they go rouge,Distroy them ! And If a War comes out of it,So be it.
Report Post Tip
Very well said, Marietta.

If a family member of any family speaks out deliberately against their own leaders, that in itself is rogue-like behavior. I'm not saying that any type of disagreement is considered that, because everyone should be able to have their own opinions on any given subject. If your leader has expressed his or her own beliefs and rules on a certain topic such as rogue dealings and one of their associates or made men come out to that very same speech or offer up their own blatant disregard for their leaders, then they should be taken care of immediately.

If you've never been a target of a Rogue crewleader, consider yourself very lucky. If you're supporting a rogue in any way then I guess we'll see you in a plot next to your rogue friend.
Report Post Tip
Marietta,

I shall try to put this honestly whilst trying not to 'disrespect a Godfather in the streets in the name of and for the sake of a rogue.'

You mention that rogues are not acceptable in this way of life and that they go against our very way of life.

Apologies but i disagree. Now, I know I've recently had differences with your partner, and I say this not to be contrary but to raise what I feel is a valid point.

Rogues are an ESSENTIAL part of this life. Who could ever forget Mem, BrianArao and others spanning back many years?

They may not be acceptable to those that have the power at the time, life you yourself have, but they do something that seems to happen rarely these days. They provide excitement.

Times have moved on for better or for worse is not for me to judge as my family's time hear nears its end. It is natural for those, like yourself, who have worked long and hard to get to the position you find yourself in to abhor and countenance the very thought of an uprising.

But spare a thought for the disatisfied. What other way can someone 'break the shackles of the oppression of the ruling few'?

Many feel, and this is not necessarily my personal view (although, if I'm honest, it is)that this world has become sanitised. You speak of 'our principles'. Come now. We're crooks, thieves and killers all. You did what you had to do to reach the position you find yourself in. I presume that included some less than savoury deeds.

Let others at least have a glimmer at personal glory.

For the record it was only in the last few days that 'sending condolences to a rogue' or anyone for that matter has suddenly become 'unacceptable'. Had that been communicated beforehand, their may be far less dissatisfied people walking the streets.

I shall, and always will send a condolance to whomever the hell I like as they are my personal feelings for a certain individual and with respect, fuck you if you don't agree.

always sniffing around your holes

Regards

AE
Report Post Tip
Anteater you can certainly do or say whatever you like, but you'll get killed for it each time if it violates the rules that we, the city heads, uphold. Welcome to our world. Don't like it? Change it. May I interest you in a beverage?
Report Post Tip
Most kind of you.

Anything without ants, I'm sick of them.
Report Post Tip

I shall, and always will send a condolance to whomever the hell I like as they are my personal feelings for a certain individual and with respect, fuck you if you don't agree.

Did you really just say fuck you to a Godmother?!

Surely you could have worded that a bit better...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Little Lesson in Accountability
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL