Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:01:39
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Busting a Speech Started by: Global on May 05, '09 13:05
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I apologize to interrupt this beautiful afternoon with a discussion of rather intense opposition, but I feel I need to say something. You see, in recent events, I've noticed a rather disgusting trend arise. Kindness.

In theory, kindness isn't a bad thing, but in certain situations, it's unacceptable. We're the mafia. We are the illegal economic stimulus. We make out money, we pay who we need to pay, and we get things done. We are efficient, intelligent, and greedy bastards. So, why are we suddenly showing our good side? I didn't even know we HAD a good side.

So, you may be wondering what I'm talking about. So, I'll fill in some details.

The coffee shops, as they are casually known, seem... lax. People claim they aren't directly incorporated into this world, but they are. People ask, receive, and trade drug prices, they have a convenient little message system to let them know when anything happens, and when a war breaks out, where does everyone go?

Drug prices. People share them like they share the air. But, isn't it a bit disloyal to indirectly help OTHER families make money? Think about it.

However, I don't get my drawers in a bunch just from a bit of info sharing. I think this is just a symptom of an even greater problem. I feel we're becoming numb to our world. Some people don't even take this world seriously. They go about their crime, making money, etc... They don't ever get the feeling like they need to do better. No motivation. No ambition. Sometimes, no loyalty.

So, how can we fix it?
Report Post Tip
I have thought of this also. I think somethings could be a bit more corrupt but that could leed to many wars. People are killing each other nothing sometimes. How many would die if people were more sneaky and sly.
Report Post Tip
One solution could be torching the coffee-shops.

In honesty, that really isn't a solution, as folks then their coffee. (Which frankly hasn't taste great since the Java Cartel closed down)

One needs to recognize things that are said in these exterior mediums often trickle back into the gray and dim world we have outside. In many cases one hand washes the other, both parties profit and everyone is happy.

There is a middle ground somewhere. Between alienating outsiders and filling their coffers.
Report Post Tip
So you came to the streets, apologized for interrupting, and then complained about people being nice.

Shrugs.

Whatever you say, pal.
Report Post Tip
apologized for interrupting.

Hm. Seems my vocal box is a little screwy today. I'm yelling over nothing.
Report Post Tip
Being kind and having manners are different. I apologize if I have wasted any of your time, but that is completely different from giving gifts to each other. So, I came to the streets, apologized for interrupting, and asked for your opinion. You managed to miss the entire message and skip straight to ridicule.

Shrugs

Whatever you say, pal.
Report Post Tip
Aiye, your a smart lad. just make sure you dont say sumthing that someone may not like, turns ugly. Trust me I have several first hand experiances.
Report Post Tip
I would just like to point out a bit of information that seems to have been missed in your initial speech. Are you aware of the number of people that have died in these cities over the last week or so? Yet people are being too nice. Have you listened to some people speak to eachother in the streets lately? But people are being too nice. Nah, I don't think people are being too nice. I think this speech was timed badly. Now is not the time to talk about people being too nice.

Coincidentally, one of those recent wars was started over a dispute that occurred in those coffee shops where people are being too nice to eachother. Weird, isn't it?

I don't think people hold hands and sing songs as much as you'd like to believe.
Report Post Tip
I guess I've managed a mass mis-communication. The "kindness" I'm referring to is the friendships that people build in the coffee shops that seem to dominate connections made in our world. One evidence of this, was the activity of sharing drug prices. My statement concerning kindness in our world was a bit improperly directed, but I meant it in the situation I've just said.
Report Post Tip
Why do you care if we share drug prices? You obviously aren't in are circle or you wouldn't be complaining about us sharing drug prices with each other.
Report Post Tip
Did I say I cared? I asked for your opinion on how to fix it. If you can't offer that, please stop wasting my time.
Report Post Tip
This is about time for me too be quiet, as I will say something I will regret later when im sleeping with the fishes, good day Global.
Report Post Tip
Global, good sir. You've brought a great many into this conversation, perhaps you should listen and honor the opinions of others. They might not be what you'd like to hear, but they can increase your own understanding of the issue.

As I've said, from what I've seen - often one hand seems to washes the other. Just because mutual monetary profit is shared and exchange, doesn't mean there isn't underlying rivalry or competition. Over the past week, we've seen more than a third of the underground community eradicated, wither it was internal strife or disagreements. It's been done and it's time to rebuild.
Report Post Tip
Well... people dont need to IRC to share drug prices... they just copie/paste it by mail... and people starts fights in the IRC and that is where they stop to be nice... IRC , is linked to MR but not always for the nice reasons! Drug sharing is the least of our worries these days anyhow. I am just happy to still be alive to be able to read this!

-The Sneak!
Report Post Tip

Being kind and having manners are different. I apologize if I have wasted any of your time, but that is completely different from giving gifts to each other. So, I came to the streets, apologized for interrupting, and asked for your opinion. You managed to miss the entire message and skip straight to ridicule.

Shrugs

Whatever you say, pal.

Fine, then I won't fuck around.

Your idea is completely pointless to bring to the streets. Our way of life has been to help others out with simple things such as drug prices. Does that mean I'm gonna take a bullet for some lowly fuck who walks in front of me? Hell no, but I'm not losing anything by giving them a hand. It's not like if they get to my dealer first they won't sell to me also.

If you're saying we need to stop sharing prices of our cities, you go ahead and keep your prices to yourself, we'll see how far that gets you when you're sitting on a cardboard box in central park because you can't find a place to unload your coke; and no one will tip you off because of this little speech right here.

Good luck with your self absorbed journey.

Shrugs.
Report Post Tip
"Our way of life has been to help others out with simple things such as drug prices."

Interesting. I thought our way of life had something to do with money. You know, making money. Our way of life shouldn't be about helping out others. I guess this is where my original speech takes hold. If we focus more on helping the new guy on the block than protecting our personal info, I guess that's a sad road we'll have to take. But hey, we can just put together a little flower garden and have little group times.

Also, I totally support sharing drug prices-within your family. Yeah. We'll see how far I get when I worry about my family and my investments. Oh wait, I'll get pretty damn far.

Self absorbed journey? If just because I don't hand out local info because it benefits rival families makes me self absorbed? Then hell fucking yes. I'm self absorbed.
Report Post Tip
Global,

Am I correct that you just said rival families?

Please, enlighten me then, as a member of a new family in Philadelphia, feel free to share who your rival families are.
Report Post Tip
I dont really know what people are getting fustrated by. He was only try to ask "how we could make MR more Mafia than friendly like"
Report Post Tip
Global, as i mentioned to you during our conversation in the coffee shops, if you don't want to give out your drug prices then don't. From what I see you have four options when approached by another mafioso looking for prices.

One Dont share them

Two Share them and call in the favor later

Three Lie to them about your prices, they wont ask you again

Four Dont share them

Just because an individual would like to call in a favor in the form of another individuals dealers prices doesn't mean you have to. Quite frankly, you have turned into one of those by coming out with a pointless speech.

People bitched "hey there are too many families why dont we have a massive war.. WAR WAR WAR" well those rather sad displays of human life no longer have that to complain about.

"Hey what can we bitch about next? Drug price sharing! perfect!"

I know after your done with this why don't you make a speech about peoples suits? Im sure there's a lot you can complain about there. A lot of suits don't seem to mafia like.

Just a suggestion.
Report Post Tip
But Global, you told me your new too this thing of ours, so how do you know whats wrong or right?

In my opinion yes things have slipped throughout the time my family has been here. and that has been way too long.

it used to cost too get someones drug prices but now everyone announces it. but hey you gotta conform, only way you can survive now.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Busting a Speech
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL