Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 15:18:23
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Public Plea to Honoured Society Started by: WillHayes on Jan 15, '10 18:09

Good afternoon oh Honoured Society.  I come to you today with a plea.  I feel that there has been enough outcry that something has to be done.  And you all have the power in the cities.  You and the rest of the Godfathers who haven't been asked to or joined the Honoured Society.  So I make this plea, and hope that all Godfathers/mothers hear me out and take this under consideration.

The time has come to act.  In fact, the time had come a while ago, but there has been no action.  So, it's STILL time to act. 

Recruitment practices must stop.  They have caused significant damage to this way of life and I can live with them no more.  Unless the Honoured Society acts to make the changes that I shall propose - then I fear that many who have been a part of this life for generations will cease to be a part of this world. 

There has been recent outcry over this situation.  There have been public speeches for months from Gangsters to Dons regarding the deplorable recruiting practices.  This is not a new problem, but one that has dirtied these streets for far too long. 

Issues like sending invites without requests, bullying people to join  your crew, and ANY recruiting practices whatsoever should end. 

There was a time when newly arriving civilians, thieves and gangsters had to prove themselves.  They were required to approach a leader and tell their story - how they'd be loyal, and the reasons why they'd make a good addition to a family.  Then - well then they'd have to wait while the leader and his upper structure deliberated and made a decision whether that particular person would make a good addition. 

Why is that not the case anymore? 

Because there are too many families?  That response is one I hear over and over again.  And it's crap.  Why has the rule prohibiting the shooting of -48 hour gangsters been successful?  Because people understand that there are consequences that will follow from violating the rule. 

The real reason?  It would be too much work to legislate.  And my response to that is - there are enough people in this world to do the work whereby making it fairly easy to legislate. 

Note - everybody in this community is well aware when somebody enters this world, and therefore easy enough to determine whether somebody was "recruited" or actually did work to join a family. 

So - it seems to me that the -48 issue has been resolved.  There are very few infractions, and all families make it clear of consequences of killing a -48 gangster.  And since that issue is now resolved, the Honoured Society can move on to an issue that has been and will continue to be at the forefront of issues affecting this world. 

Now, I could go on for hours about the reasons why recruiting is bad, but I hope that most of the people in this community are smart enough to realize why.  If not, let me know, and I will gladly return here to offer further explanation.

That's my plea.  get involved in this issue.  Outlaw the practice.  And put in place some real consequences, i.e. death for those who recruit. 

Thank you.  And Good Night.

Report Post Tip

I don't think it would take all that much to legislate actually Don Hayes. If the leader of every city simply agreed to stop the practice, make it a part of their own city rules for their Family Heads to abide by, then it simply wouldn't happen. This being the case, it takes 8 people to stand up and say "Agreed, no longer will the individuals who dwell in my city approach anyone who is not yet gangster."

That's all it would take. Godmother S. Rourke, Godfather Deimne, Consigliere Jelly, Godmother Aurora, Godfather P. Rourke, Godfather Kenobi, Godfather Rourke and Godfather Iota. The eight people who hold the key to the solution to this problem. "Helpful mails" 90% of the time have recruitment as an ulterior motive. Simply, individuals who have not been on the shores for 24 hours should not be approached by family members of any rank. There is no need for them to do so. I specified under 24 hours, and below gangster for a reason. People between 24 and 48 hours, who are of the gangster rank, possibly need the prod from someone to join a family. Aside from that, it's unnecessary and has plagued this shores for too long.

Report Post Tip

Here in lies the problem....

Simply, individuals who have not been on the shores for 24 hours should not be approached by family members of any rank.

In an attempt to prevent these 'member whores', we end preventing all contact of any kind to anyone on our shores less than 24 hours which is instigated by the older member? A cure which is worse than the disease in my own personal opinion. I've heard the old saying using a sledge hammer to crack a chestnut, but this one is rolling out the whole god damn army to do it.

Unrequested invites, sure. Ban it no problem. Random mails offering invites, sure. Ban the hell out of it.

Offers of help with the sole intention of recruiting the person being spoken too? Sure, in theory they go against the very tenants of this thing of ours. Genuine offers of help? Hell no. That's to be encouraged and supported, if members of this thing of ours are to keep this thing of ours growing against the federal crackdowns and natural selection which will always reduce our numbers it's a necessary activity to assist those unsure of the path to walk the line.... but the obvious flaw, where is the line drawn between the two? Who can tell genuine care from selfish motives. It takes a far better man than I to believe they can manage that one.

I've never been afraid of hard work. I've never been afraid of handling the administration of rules. I've never been afraid to fight for what I believe in and to ensure it is followed by others. But where a 'rule' can't be clearly written, which is either so full of holes it's not actually a solution or where it's so damn restrictive it does more damage than what it's designed to tackle... it doesn't strike me as a solution.

Now... I'm not saying I'm turning my back on this issue. Far from it. As has been clearly indicated numerous times, many cities are still discussing this and seeking a solution. However, none of us are going to rush into a 'solution' that doesn't work.

Report Post Tip

As someone looking on the outside, this almost is perceived to me as the powers that be overtly saying that the Gods as well as City Council have failed in their efforts to keep immigrants within our walls, or, more specifically, not six feet under.

Many moons ago when our population dipped there was a large campaign from the Government's PR to draw new blood into this country - whether illegal, or not.

It is, however, an indisputable fact that our numbers have, slowly, risen.

The only explanation then, from what I can tell, is the overstretched reach of cities to fill their share up with crewleaders. 20 here, 20 there, 14 elsewhere - with that kind of mediocrity, what do you expect? The dog eat dog world we already live in has been exacerbated due to the housing situation, which undoubtedly spawned these recruitment practices that get preached more often than Omerta itself!

Basics need to be returned to. Work with your current membership - bond with them, make them stronger - there seems to be far too much banking on the new Joe Shmoe, which is just a tiny cogwheel in a massive asset program that is, for the most part, developed with solid family members that have been with you since day one.

Report Post Tip

Hmmm.. I don't know what to really say myself. There is nothing wrong with offering help to our younger jeneration who seek a new life in this thing of ours. Ok yes some people just mail them with..

Hey there, Come and join me as my associate

Now that is wrong.. Just like Deimne said. But offering assistance to a younger mafioso isn't a problem. Yes fair enough that help then ends up turning into a invite request or something but in that time.. that younger mafioso has learnt something and has found someone they can trust. Now.. I know this thing of ours isn't ran 100% like the mafia but we run it as close to it as we can.

So... lets look at the mafia. Do you ever see a little Thug walk upto a Made Man of a family or even the Don/Godfather himself and request to join them ? No. It was in their blood and when they were old enough they were asked to join the family. Now with the younger mafioso we have that have no past ancestors then the best way to run this invite plan or whatever you could call it out so thats its closer to the mafia would to ask them if they require help.

Now fair enough that sometimes big bloodlines die or people who know their thing die. Their ancestor comes into the world and they get spammed by about 3-5 people atleast. Hell I was but.. I knew where I wanted to go. Now for those who know their thing around these parts and their ancestors are just starting out well they could do the simple thing to these people who offer help. Either simply ignore them or just say Thank you for the offer but I can manage or something.

There isn't really any need for the older generation who have been around for ages over and over to go on about the people who send out help etc. What you have to remember is that a new person to this thing of ours has roughly 48 hours to find a family. Plenty of time I know. But if you have never been to our shores before and have only your own background knowledge of how the mafia works then they will be expecting someone to offer them a family not knowing that they have to seek a family themselves.

So.. thats why I personally think there can't really be a solution to this 'problem' as younger mafioso that are new simply don't know the way things work. And thats upto us old bloodlines to fix and help them out.

Report Post Tip

With the countless other outcries with regards to this problem I'm not sure it merited yet another one. We have seen this issue crop up a lot in the last few months. I'm sure that in some way or another "The Honoured Society" will look at all possible avenues to stop this kind of thing.

"Issues like sending invites without requests, bullying people to join your crew, and ANY recruiting practices whatsoever should end."

Name and shame them? There's no point everyone getting pissy about it and then holding their tongue when it comes to saying who's doing it. Sure it may offend some but if everyone is so against it that it merits countless fucken' speeches then I'm sure you will have no worries putting to shame those who are doing it. This is not a dig at you Will, nor anyone else who has recently made any comments towards this sort of behaviour, it's just me showing you that leaders can have some impact on this matter instead of looking to the bigger boys and girls and asking them to sort it out for us.

Report Post Tip

The major problem with this issue is policing it conclusively.

Shooting at under 48 hour people, you get a witness statement, a CL gets a memo about it, hell even the newspaper in its Obits column make it perfectly clear that something wrong has occurred. Obviously the system isn't fool proof, there is the potential for a CL to ignore a memo, witness statements can be destroyed. However what we have seen since the Honored Society was set up is a considerable reduction in U48 deaths.

Simply playing devils advocate there is no effective way to police the contacting of new people unless you have a massive change of face and decree only certain agreed people are allowed to do this. It just isn't possible.

Why is this no doubt people will say:

We can't read other peoples mail so we will never be 100% confident that what is forwarded to us is accurate.

I am not aware of a personal being issued to a CL or GF when someone asks someone to be their associate, so again this sort of thing is quite easily fabricated.

Don't get me wrong I am all for the removal of this whoring process however, I think a draconic rule effectively banning the genuine help to new people entering our world would be detrimental to the objective of increasing the number of mafiosa we have in our world.

Report Post Tip

El_Nino I think I want to borrow a bit from your line of thought and try and apply that to Tesler's. Tesler says call them out and let the Whores be defamed publicly. Of course there are some protocols to that, one cant just take center stage and start pointing fingers without some burden of proof, which is probably the biggest reason people can't find a solution to this matter.

But I think a solution already exits but it hasn't been implemented. Let me take you guys a couple of months back when we had the illustrious "Mafia Awards" usually the worst CL's were the whores who didn't care for anything, all they wanted was to clean the rust of their guns and taxing enormous charges.

Anyway moving past that, I think there are two ways to actually point out a Whore!!! And believe me its not like the taboo some think of as a 'witch hunt.'

1) How many of their men are dying on a weekly basis over time. Take into account their IA's because they could be getting a little cunning here by showing some restraint on the trigger.

2) How many of there members show up on the IA list. Why is this such a big issue for me? Think about it, for someone to be on an IA lists means that they were accepted into the family Day 1 and the person never logged in since that time. Yea I know some of you are saying "what if he genuinely lost interest". Well there can be one maybe two instances of such IA's in one crew per week, but not 3 or 5. Bottom line is someone sent a complete noob a invite, it was accepted and the game never touched again.

Is this the best the system has to offer, of course not. There are some kinks to it, but its time to think past "But this can't be done" to figuring out a way to make it happen. Would it be nice for all the GF's to agree on something along these lines...of course. But you have to take into account that usually a GF wont be amused to see one of his Bold man take a tumble. Hence this may be a bit politically edgy for some, but for those that have faith & trust in their structures and leading men...this could be done fairly easily.

Report Post Tip

"1) How many of their men are dying on a weekly basis over time. Take
into account their IA's because they could be getting a little cunning
here by showing some restraint on the trigger."

This should be watched by the leaders anyway. Not just for general member whoring.

The levels of members appearing the obits reflect highly on your skills as a leader. Are you able to recruit and teach your members? Are they loyal to you and your rules? Are the lower members of your structure, appointed by yourself, doing of what they ask you and ensuring that your members are being correctly advised?

If you are finding yourself having to kill off large numbers of your family weekly then you are doing something considerably wrong. It does not just relate to whoring and although it could be a useful indicator I wouldn't hold too much in relation to whoring. More the skills of the leader. Mind, a bad leader whores, right?

Report Post Tip

If you are finding yourself having to kill off large numbers of your family weekly then you are doing something considerably wrong. It does not just relate to whoring and although it could be a useful indicator I wouldn't hold too much in relation to whoring. More the skills of the leader. Mind, a bad leader whores, right?

I wouldn't go as far as to say that all bad leaders are whores. But in most circumstances they are. Usually from my experiences and that of my father's, a respected man when given a family doesn't need to recruit to build a core, that core comes to you because our bloodline speaks volumes about us. But usually, and i use the word usually very fluidly here, new leaders are caught in the thick of things, cant control stuff and succumb to the pressures of "easy money". Member whoring is just that, you send some invites, you get some players...they work out cool! They don't you shoot. Pretty simple.

But to ans your question, no not always are bad leaders whores. But usually that is a pretty vivid trait if you look closer at a Whoring CL...I can even quote names here from the past that are parallel to this philosophy, but dare I speak bad about a man 6 feet under!

Report Post Tip

Every opinion I've heard so far is raising points that I agree with and thats exactly where the problem lies.
Let me get out of the way first that randomly sending out invites, I find unacceptable.

A big difference between the old-skool way of living and this new era we've entered is the amount of people actually coming of the boat.
Prior to them arriving at our docks they were allready approached or intrigued to come and visit our country.

In the old-skool days there weren't 32 Crewleaders, currently assuming most own a 50 person HQ, with the exception of Pixxie
(that I know owns a 10 men HQ) and the GF crews we have room to vacate a total of: 601 people! By my latest calculations...
sixhundred and one spots available. Now every one here knows that has ran a crew in the past or is running a crew how important it is to
have as many earners as possible to create yourself a strong position within this thing.

So I am taking a risk here, with the Dutch math and all but here we go.

Everyday give or take there's about 25-35 NEW (really new) mafioso arriving, about 50% of these newly arrived directly runs off again.
So we're looking at 13-17 new people available to 25 crews (excluding GF's).

So we have 25 crews right, of these 25 crews 13 are above 25 members, recents testing on irc lunacy showed us that everyone above 25 can
still invite.
Meaning we have... 25 CL's, 25RH's, 25LH's and on top of that most made man that can invite. So we're looking at what a total of 150 people
available to send invites out?
And all those people will just sit back and wait hoping they're going to be approached by new people?
If you guys agree with me on the 150 (I truely can't figure out who has all his Made Man set as sponsor and who has not,
so going for 3 per crew, some have more, some will have less due to overall crew size).

150 recruiters, give or take. 15 new people per day. (Just simplyfying my math here taking the avarage of 13-17).
This means that there currently is a 1% chance that new recruit is about to approach you. Being in the mafia and all a
1% chance sucks.

The second we leave this totally upto our Made Man we're looking with current figures at a 2% / 3% chance. It's not looking pretty.

Personally, sitting back and relaxing and hoping that 1/2/3% walks up to you is bad for business, simply put.

So questions to be raised in general terms, should we consider less crews? I personally am not a fan of this since I think it's withint every
city's right to grow strong and build a strong army of soldiers, so a fixed amount of crews - members is something I am completely against.

The solution? I don't have one for you right away, as GF Deimne also said we're not jumping to solutions at this point for the problem of the
whoring (that can indeed be seen by many many people different).
This is not one of those famous Black and White topics as truely I wish it would be, we all "suffer" currently from the memberwhoring as it is.
Do we need to stop the wreckless random inviting? Yes. But as El_Nino raised it's tricky to prove.

So be assured, The Honoured Society is not turning their backs on this issue, but this is one of the most challenging problems if not the most
challenging problem that has crossed our paths.

Report Post Tip

I agree with Godmother ScipitaRourke and Godfather Deimne they have both put into words the feelings and sentiments I have on this subject. It is truly something that is such a delicate balance and needs to have concrete boundaries that can be enforceable otherwise the system will fail. I am not going to go on and on here as I believe that ScipitaRourke and Deimne have hit the proverbial nail on the head.

Report Post Tip

With respects great godfather Deimne and esteemed godmother Scipita (friends of the cow), I think you are underestimating a key behavioural point. They more you give people, the more they take. We have bred stupidity and laziness into the current group of mafiosos and this has infected our whole way of life. It starts with recruitment practises, this is the front door, the place where they either learn this way of life or take the easy road we are providing them and become pieces of shit who never even speak out or contribute to our headquarters (the majority of them never even come back anyway).

We should be setting our stall out by saying come to us. Recognise that it's not a hard thing to figure out the importance of joining a family and showing some sort of fucking basic intelligence. We SHOULD NOT be nurturing idiots. Why? Because idiots who are given life easy become bigger idiots and fuck things up for everyone. Once we have a group of idiots large enough we have the current issue - a group of lazy, non contributing asses.

There is NO WAY to distinguish between a help communication and a whore attempt. They are the same thing, one is just shit in the hand the other one is wrapped in Christmas paper. It doesn't matter, they are both still pieces of shit. The more we spoon feed people, the less then learn and the less they give back. That is how we breed mafiosos who petty and jail to rank without doing anything else (a different issue with leaders thinking this is an acceptable practise of promotion but let's not veer off the point).

When we make things easy for people, they don't learn. I bet you, when things aren't so simple these new people off the boat will actually get their asses in gear and start applying properly to families. We will them remove whoring, multiple invite sluts (other side of whoring) and generally filter out brain dead zombies who never even come back after the first pocket is picked.

Personally I think the hard way is the only way but really if we must compromise I would petition our worldly and much respected gods to simply protect every mafioso who has never been in a family below goomba until they have a crew (once they go zombie for 7 days same rules as present apply). At least that way, once we remove all whoring, they will eventually learn the morals, values and ethics which we expect from our reveared mafioso.

Remember - you didn't learn to swin because 5 of your friends carried you on top of the water. You learned when you jumped in, choked on some water, squeeled, splashed your arms around and SUCKED IT THE FUCK UP.

Apologies for my language but this is a subject I am passionate about. Much love to all except the following: Panda

Bovine out.

Report Post Tip

Remember - you didn't learn to swin because 5 of your friends carried
you on top of the water. You learned when you jumped in, choked on some
water, squeeled, splashed your arms around and SUCKED IT THE FUCK UP.

Well Said Cow, friend of _Ragnarok_. Your statment is the truest statement thats been said to this point.

Report Post Tip

The problem with punishing "member-whoring", as Deimne has stated, is that it is exceedingly difficult to pin down an appropriate rule that can be readily enforced.

But I think that Godmother ScipitaRourke makes an excellent point by revealing one of the causes for this behavior: there are far, far more crewleaders than are needed currently populating the streets. This superfluous amount of leaders and captains is surely contributing to the presence of "whoring". Member-whoring has always been a problem... but it has been especially problematic in recent times. Correlation does NOT prove cause, but we've certainly seen the number of crewleaders skyrocket in the recent past, which seems to match up with the greater preponderance of member-whoring.

Godmother Rourke's Dutch math to determine the number of recruiters was useful- allow me to turn it into a different direction. This thing of ours currently has 25 outfits, excepting Godfather crews, spread throughout the eight cities. Viewing each one of these cities as an entirely separate entity, the unnecessary number of crews is obvious to all.

When I speak of "unnecessary", I use the word in the mathematical sense that such a crew could be disbanded and its numbers absorbed by already existing non-Godfather leaders in the city. For example, a city with 75 crews needs 2 crews. Having 3 means that one would be unnecessary.

Currently, there are only two cities in the country that have the necessary number of crews in their city. Four cities have one crew that is not necessary. Two cities have two crews that are necessary. All in all, the cities have 25 crews when they only need 17.

One of the basic lessons of economics is that of supply and demand. It's obvious to all that the supply is somewhat limited- we hardly have dozens of men and women with real potential getting into the business every day. But it is equally true that demand has been ratcheted up to an unnecessarily high level that has resulted in the fever-pitched over-competition by some to bring anyone with a pulse into the crew regardless of the principles trampled in doing so. It seems logical that, while it would be difficult to entirely wipe out the problem of member-whoring, a decrease in demand could potentially drastically lower its widespread permeation.

Report Post Tip

Don Hayes, you make a point that has been raised on numerous occasions but fail to provide a solution... What do you think 'The Honoured Society' should do? 

I ask this not in disrespect, but in muse as to what your opinion actually is.

My standpoint was the same as Deimne -24hours should be enough to allow a thug to make there own mind up and contact a family - however post 24 hours if this has not been done, the member whoring starts again.Problem not resolved.

On the flipside though, If you look at some of the new faces, a lot disappear an hour or so after landing on these shores, is that because they have no clue as to who they can or cannot trust, or maybe as to how to approach. so perhaps contact does need to be made by those more experienced in our world?

I have recently been criticised (prior to being made - so couldn't do anything anyhow!?) as to the fact that I was offering guided tours - I feel it is our duty to this land to ensure we convert as many people to our trade as possible, regardless of which family they join. Added bonus if they prove themselves to be of suit to join your own.

But if there could be guidelines to allow this not to be a bombardment then that would be great...

In reality (ooc do the new players want to read the masses of text in the tutorial??) do new people listen to everything that is shouted to them? or do they just want to find things out on there own? If they do, they normally end up dead after 48 hours?

This is a delicate balance to juggle without impacting the flow of the boats arriving at these shores?

I may be wrong and I may be out of line for questioning , but what would be a resolve that would exclude bombardment, but allow those with no level of knowledge to learn our trade? Because if the new blood ins't taught how to develop then who will be the next generation? your bloodline - fine, but who after that?

Report Post Tip

Sir Cow, I would like to take this opportunity to speak a counter argument to your points.

We have bred stupidity and laziness into the current group of mafiosos and this has infected our whole way of life. It starts with recruitment practises, this is the front door, the place where they either learn this way of life or take the easy road we are providing them and become pieces of shit who never even speak out or contribute to our headquarters (the majority of them never even come back anyway).

I do not believe that 'stupidity' or 'laziness' are factors here. In fact, if these people ARE stupid as you suggest then surely it is the failing of the crewleader to which they are loyal for not educating them? You bring in laziness also, as though it were something we can control.. unless I'm mistaken it is completely up to each individual whether they decide to participate or not.

We should be setting our stall out by saying come to us. Recognise that it's not a hard thing to figure out the importance of joining a family and showing some sort of fucking basic intelligence. We SHOULD NOT be nurturing idiots. Why? Because idiots who are given life easy become bigger idiots and fuck things up for everyone. Once we have a group of idiots large enough we have the current issue - a group of lazy, non contributing asses.

Again, surely it is up to the crewleader or whoever they assign to this job to educate the new people?

There is NO WAY to distinguish between a help communication and a whore attempt. They are the same thing, one is just shit in the hand the other one is wrapped in Christmas paper. It doesn't matter, they are both still pieces of shit. The more we spoon feed people, the less then learn and the less they give back. That is how we breed mafiosos who petty and jail to rank without doing anything else (a different issue with leaders thinking this is an acceptable practise of promotion but let's not veer off the point).

You are incorrect, it is easy to distinguish between a help communication and a 'whore attempt' - A help communication in no way suggests that the new person should join their crew, a help communication is completely impartial, and if that person decides that they want the person that helped them out when they first arrived on these shores then that is their decision. Also, how can you assume that every crewleader just promotes people 'without doing anything else'? Can you see exactly what goes on behind closed doors?

When we make things easy for people, they don't learn. I bet you, when things aren't so simple these new people off the boat will actually get their asses in gear and start applying properly to families. We will them remove whoring, multiple invite sluts (other side of whoring) and generally filter out brain dead zombies who never even come back after the first pocket is picked.

I don't believe that for a second. It is a lot easier to learn with a helping hand than a cold shoulder. This debate was never about poor applications either - that is something each person encounters and deals with in their own way, again though proper education is the way to solve that. To be perfectly honest, the more difficult you make things, the more likely people are to turn up here and decide it's too much for them where if we guide them they will soon learn they can do a lot more than they ever thought they could.

Personally I think the hard way is the only way but really if we must compromise I would petition our worldly and much respected gods to simply protect every mafioso who has never been in a family below goomba until they have a crew (once they go zombie for 7 days same rules as present apply). At least that way, once we remove all whoring, they will eventually learn the morals, values and ethics which we expect from our reveared mafioso.

So you are saying then that as long as you do no crimes, or vote you can stay at gangster forever and just not die? And as for not learning the 'morals, values and ethics' - surely you don't expect them to learn all that in a day? I see part of my role as a crewleader as teaching my associates this thing of ours, teaching them the values and the things I expect of them - I don't expect them to arrive fresh off the boat as an exemplary example of a mafioso.

Remember - you didn't learn to swin because 5 of your friends carried you on top of the water. You learned when you jumped in, choked on some water, squeeled, splashed your arms around and SUCKED IT THE FUCK UP.

Actually, I learnt to swim in the shallow end, and when I felt comfortable there I ventured further in. I would imagine nine out of ten people drown with the way you suggest.

Report Post Tip

Don Bovine hit the nail on the head.

If a new mobster to these shores does not have the common sense to learn via the Mafia bible (OOC: Help Fourm is here for a reason), then what makes these leaders offering them "Help" think that they will put the effort in to learn from them?

If a new mafioso to these shores cannot take the knowledge presented to them, even from the bum who first contacts all new to these shores, then how can they ever hope to become successful? We are not talking about full development of a mobster here, that starts once they have used to simple knowledge they should gain from putting in alittle effort to read up on the essencials, and find a family.

New members are bombarded with "Help" mails before they get a chance to take the time to read and learn from the Mafia Bible. I am not saying the Mafia bible can teach a new mobster everything there is to know of this world, but it should give them the knowledge to go and find a family for themselves.

- Leo

Report Post Tip

For example, a city with 75 crews needs 2 crews

Obviously, I meant that a city with 75 members needs 2 crews. My apologies.

Report Post Tip

I feel these "Help" interactions are absolutely unnecessary. I think it's bullshit, that any of you can hide "member whoring" behind "sending them messages as soon as they leave the boat, wondering if they need help". Honestly, they came here for 1 purpose. To work in the mafia. You don't need to fucking ask them if they know what they're doing. They are given all the tools they need to make an indecent, dishonest living, WITHOUT being harassed by MOB BOSSES and their upper structure. It's fucking embarrassing.

These people come off the boats, with full knowledge of why they're here. So leave them the fuck alone, and make them work for something, for once.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Public Plea to Honoured Society
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL