Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 14:01:41
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 
What Really Happened? Started by: WoodStein on Feb 09, '10 07:39

It is no longer considered a debate when all the opposing points have been stomped into the ground repeatedly. That is what I call an annoyance. Where was this debate while your father was alive. The axis of power has been apparent to me for a long time.

Did you just come to these realizations/generalizations this morning after a couple shots of whiskey? Or did you hit up the locals drug store for that glue as Brutus hinted at earlier?

Report Post Tip

Woodstein, you are not expected to believe anything. Frankly I don't give a shit what you believe or don't. SL tried to take us to war and failed miserably. It's not our fault if its leader decided to go ahead with the lack of support and planning that such a mission would imply.

"Obviously there was no need to shoot Q" Are my fucking ears deceiving me? Or is there somebody as clueless as to suggest that the killer of a Crew Leader doesn't need to be shot in the fucking head??

"However, there can't be two superpowers in this thing of ours without one destroying the other." Damn so all this time I thought ThomasRourke and Marietta were living the dream I was just being deceived the whole time?

Very good intervention, Sneakyrat, I agree that it is exactly how it happened. Quirinus thought he had the power or means to do something and clearly got over his head and didn't think about the fate of his city. Poor ending for a lackluster overall performance.

Woodstein, you keep repeating that what you say are "facts" when they are mostly a product of your imagination. Who are you to claim as "fact" who is allied to who? For all we know LA hates PH. I know, it's not true, but you make some assumptions about other cities that are just idiotic.

"Q might have taken the shot expecting NY to approach Philly (who he basically worked for) and sought some kind of settlement." again, what kind of an idiot expects our city to have one of our Dons shot and look for a settlement? We actually imposed the only kind of settlement that would satisfy such an offense.

"NY would love to take on and destroy Philly and vise versa" How in the hell is that a fact? What is your PROOF?! Maybe we need to revise the meaning of the word "fact"?

"But Philly has LA and **many friends in many other cities.**" Any chance you can be any more vague there, Mister?

"Everyone seems to blindly follow the line of  man with no name and Hoopi." No. They just got here first and started schooling your ass right away. I'm actually sorry I have to cope with merely being able to make fun of you without being able to say much that hasn't been already said to you several times.

"I have the utmost respect for Godmother Scipita and I wouldn't for a second believe that my discussions would lead to war." So the constant mention of war is just an obsession of yours?

Why, oh why are you doing this?

Report Post Tip

Lets cut the bullshit here and call a spade a spade

we are all adults there is no need to beat around the bush

STL was wiped off the map as target practice, the actions of Quirinus was a convenient and reasonable excuse

they did not need to be killed, but real blood tastes better than an NPC's

Report Post Tip

That is a little too broad of a statement to make, Testarossa. There were others from St. Louis besides their Godfather who took shots at New Yorkers. Obviously, they needed to be killed. Then there were high rankers who could reasonably expect to remain loyal and follow their Godfather to the grave. As a matter of prudent tactics, they should have been killed. Then you have those who are mademen who swore an oath to remain with the family until death. If you have any sense of tradition, you will make sure they abide by their oaths and kill them. Why take a chance when your family's safety is at stake?

Then we get to the grayer area. What about the Wiseguys and below? Surely some of them might be a threat, even if only to bodyguards. Is the life of someone not affiliated with your family worth even one of your bodyguards? Is it worth even one dollar? Not to me. If you are not in my family, your life is not worth shit to me.

Then we have the harmless slugs, the gangsters and goombas. Did they need to be killed? Maybe not out of absolute necessity, but there are other reasons we take such actions in this sort of business. Sometimes you need to make an example of someone just so the next guy to come along with a hare-brained idea thinks twice about it, if they know the consequences of their actions will be more than just their own death, but total annihilation of everyone they associate with.

This is the way we do business in Cosa Nostra. It isn't nice, it isn't pretty, but it gets results. It is the advantage we hold over legitimate businesses who "do things the right way".

Report Post Tip

Also Testarrossa - who's gonna join the families in the weaker cities now? You see what happends. Like I said, NY gained, SL was wiped out and Philly made a tactical error.

Report Post Tip

An advantage we can readily exploit in our world where there is no real consequence arising from producing one hundred corpses instead of one. Long live the dilligent MafiaReturns boys in blue.

Report Post Tip

Lets cut the bullshit here and call a spade a spade

we are all adults there is no need to beat around the bush

STL was wiped off the map as target practice, the actions of Quirinus was a convenient and reasonable excuse

they did not need to be killed, but real blood tastes better than an NPC's
Reply by: Testarossa at Feb 09, '10 15:29

Cut the bullshit? I think it's all pretty clear, noone is telling any lies here. Deimne shot Quirinus because he shot WillHaynes. Need I say fucking more? Geezus.

It also sounds like your bloodline has caught the first signs of "World of Daisies and Boo Hoo, you shot me Fag!" Disease.

Report Post Tip

The cops have never given a shit about a dead mobster. It's when civilians turn up dead that they start to investigate.

Report Post Tip

I'm pretty sure the cops would find hundreds of corpses every day difficult to ignore, regardless of their status. I also think given the prominence most high level guys reach, that investigations would begin when these well known faces turn up dead.

However, this is all by the by, given that it doesn't happen here.

Report Post Tip

Wow that's an amazing theory.  To think my theory this whole time was that the Godfather (ever the notorious pickpocket) went to mug WillHayes and wacked him by mistake (who knows maybe he gave the old Don a heart attack).

Anyway your theory is much more exciting and hence must be true.  

**straps on a tin foil cap and walks out nervously**

Report Post Tip

<blockquote>

An Emmissary of Scipita has been allowed to write!

What say you, Vito?

</Blockquote>

I say you have an overactive imagination.  Further, I don't think you personally have the mental capacity to see a distinction between a conclusion based on evidence and one based on remotely plausible scenarios that you've fabricated in your own mind.  This is not an attack on your argument mind you, this is an attack on you as a person.  You hold and defend your wild speculations as indisputable fact and that makes you an idiot.

You didn't come onto the streets to present a possible scenario for discussion, you came out to speak the "truth" and expose some conspiracy.  Despite the fact that dozens of people have destroyed your arguments in a dozen different ways, you carry on clinging to this pathetic sinking ship and refuse to acknowledge that you're wrong.

This is the hallmark of an idiot, someone who refuses new information on the grounds that in conflicts with flawed conclusions they pulled out of their anatomy.

Report Post Tip

Bah Jesus Christ man.

Why is it that every time something happens that is even remotely connected to Philly someone (and i'd pretty much bet my life on it being the same bloodline) comes out to the streets and starts crying wolf?

Have you not read about Godfather Deimne's or Godmother Scipita's past? How they came to be where they are today? Well... It all started in New York actually. How strange? Under Godfather ThomasRourke(GRHS) Scipita and Deimne both worked hard side by side for a man they respected without question. This man then gave Deimne the honour of being his first authed boss of New York under ThomasRourke and ScipitaRourke was authed soon after. Scipita's and Deimne's friendship only grew stronger with their promotions. ThomasRourke then authed Scipita into Philadelphia and shortly after he retired leaving New York to Deimne. Again their friendship only grew stronger.

The 'fact' that you can not have two superpowers in this world is ludicrous. Like Don CrazyNine I wish I could have gotten here sooner so I could avoid repeating what other people have already correctly tell you. So I will say this instead;

When it comes to Los Angeles friendship with Philadelphia, I will say right now that I would follow them to hell and back. That is no secret. My routes are in Philadelphia and I helped that city become what it is today before moving to LA. No one can deny that. However, if I didn't 100% agree with the reasons for the trip to hell I would refuse to take any part in it. I'm not silly enough to risk the lives of a whole city for another persons blood lust. No fucking way. That is evident in todays events. Quirinus was a good friend and someone I will admit I helped push to auth in SL. But there is no way I agree with the action he took nor his reasons. I only wish he'd have spoke of his feelings before actioning them.

So, what you can take from that? Los Angeles is it's own city and no one elses. It is not run for nor by Philadelphia and my loyalty to them is only out weighed by my loyalty for my members.

Report Post Tip

Blagger looks a little puzzled at the large corus assembled around the rambling bleets of a man driven insane by the death of his father.

Even the dogs in the street know? Wow, I did not know that, and why drag poor Belfast into this? Uf your not careful talk like that could lead to 35 years of terrorism and bloodshed...

Blagger pulls on his Belfast Gaints T-shirt ad wanders off to watch some Ice Hockey

Report Post Tip

Many things have been said in this forum and all the sounds of fellow mobsters could not penetrate the obviously contagious ignorance barrier that veils my senses... That means, excuse me if this has been said before..

BUT.. WoodStein or whatever you call yourself as I say this.. You need to get your facts right before starting to spread your little conspiracy theories throughout the streets of this country... ScipitaRourke and Deimne grew up together and they both got auth from ThomasRourke back in the days... Whatever had caused that decision is unknown to the majority of us but to trust that they have built a friendly relationship throughout the years is not that unlikely..

I suggest you go to liars' avenue and 5th so you can scope a mirror of your own imagination come to play..

Report Post Tip

Clearly this conversation has gone way too far off target.  The conversation should be about poor WillHayes, and how he died tragically.  Let's keep our eyes on the prize, people.  A tremendous tragedy that was. 

Who cares why it happened?  It happened, and those responsible were taken care of swiftly.  All the rest, is just positing theories to create tension between cities.  Clearly, Godfather Deimne and Godmother Scipita are smart enough to see beyond ridiculous theories and speculation.

Now, back to WillHayes! Quite the guy he was.  Please feel free to discuss this amongst yourselves. 

Report Post Tip

It's not as off topic as you think Hal.  We all need to go through the stages of grief in their proper order.  Stage one is attacking nutty conspiracy theorists. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What Really Happened?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL