Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 10:58:39
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Respect the CODE! Started by: MickeyTheAnimal on Feb 11, '10 13:11

As Mickey sits back in his office chair looking out the window at the busy street, he begins to breaks down his Swisher Sweet cigar and fills it with herb. He recollects on the talk going on in the streets regarding those who seem think going into another man's pocket is ok.

Where is the respect?

Mickey lights his cigar and takes a pull.
chokes

Excuse me! Now don't get me wrong. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but I have traveled these streets along side my father for some time.mickey looks up to the ceiling May he rest in peace. I thought we were all taught as young men and women, like I was that we all tolerate a lot of things, but DISRESPECT will not be allowed. Is this not right!

Mickey takes another pull off his cigar

Going into a man's pockets as he walks these streets because you notice that he may be a bit more financially stable than you is not RESPECTFUL! It's pure foul play and if you decide to ignore a fellow mafioso's request, you will be dealt an unmerciful hand. If you happen to screw over someone as ruthless as me, just make sure mama has a black dress. No disrespect intended. This is strictly business.

What's 5g's to me? Nothing at all. I can blow it all in ten minutes, and make it back in five. It's about principal and if you ask you can have it. But thinking it your right to take what's not entitled to you is very costly, and I'm not talking about interest. Personally, I don't take too kindly to threats or attacks, and you dipping in my pockets without my knowledge is most definitely an attack.

Mickey sits and continues to smoke

Where is the FUCKING respect?

Report Post Tip

Willam who feels very strongly about the same topic walks up to Mickey

I feel the same way.I do not care who puts their hands in my pockets but then I like to know the name of the guy who did it but some bums seem to think that they don't have to tell me.It is about Respect and not the Money.

Report Post Tip

But that guy over there is a rival! Why would I want to respect him? I might end up being asked to shoot him in the face by my boss one day. Should I refrain from doing that because it's not nice? In which case I should just quit this way of life and become a kindergarten teacher. Or something. 'cause criming sure ain't friendly.

Nod nod.

Report Post Tip

<em>Mickey nods his head in agreeance with his cigar on the tip of his lips as he mumbles his words</em>

That's understandable Anonimouse, but you must be willing to deal with consequences also.

Report Post Tip

Shocker creeps up slowly and and reaches into Mickey's pocket and pulls something out

"IOU $5,000! What is this Mickey some kind of joke? All I wanted was to make a quick buck"

Shocker turns around and walks away hanging his head

Report Post Tip

oh!! again the same repeated topic

if picpocketing offends you then you should not be doing it yourself also ..if you outrank someone then you should feel free to pickpocket him

i hate people cry on being pickpocketed ...it is there for enhancing your skills then why make it an issue

Report Post Tip

Not PP Friendly (Unless you ask) Which means if you go in my fucking pockets chumps and don't ask. I WILL KILL YOU! Thanks for your cooperation!

You want to talk about respect? Fair enough... where is your respect for the leaders of our cities? If you walk into a city where PP'ing rules allow this action freely, you're showing grave disrespect right there young Mickey. If it happens to be one of my guys that chooses to pp you... you really think you're going to shoot them for it? Without coming to me? That's not only disrespectful, it's plain stupid.

So, yes, there appears to be grave issues with respect. Though I'm not sure any of them relate to people pickpocketing to be honest.

Report Post Tip

*Mickey looks at Jester*

Crying, not at all Jester! Can this not be done within your family if that's important to you. Are we that hard up for money we result going in pockets like some thugs?

You tell me!

Report Post Tip

*mickey put his cigar down*

I totally agree Deimne! We have many issues with respect, but this seems to draw the most intrest. I personally don't really have a problem with random pickpocketing on me, but those of us who do.

Report Post Tip

I personally don't really have a problem with random pickpocketing on me

I enjoyed how your last statement was in direct contrast with the tattoo you proudly display on your forehead.

I'm going to pickpocket you the next time I see you.

~M~atterhorn

Report Post Tip

Like Anonimouse said, "Why would I want to respect him?"

Pickpocketing is NOT SHOWING RESPECT!! Where did we even get the idea that it could be respectful?  So if someone comes up to you and takes your money, you should say, "Ow fine by me, I'm just a mobster who goes around killing people, but I'm fine with that".  People have really began to get things twisted around here, but hey new trends are always set and those in power can enforce them.

Honestly I think it's a step backwards. That's just like saying I'm going to kill that guy because he's rank lower than me and I'm trying to get my stats up.  Same deal, no difference. Both, to me, are considered violent crimes, robbing and killing.

But hey, around these parts pickpocketing is fun and seen as a game, weeeeeee....lots run around robbing people. Where I'm from you get a bullet for that, but here we laugh and hold hands while running in circles.

BULL SHIT! As Anonimouse also said, "Why would I want to respect him", in terms of pickpocketing that is.  So why should that person respect you and not put a bullet in your head for it?

Floyd laughs at the structure of the mafia and rules that we now play by and at the same time wonders how ole Al Capone would feel about such matters.

Floyd takes a shot moonshine and burps

Report Post Tip

BloodyFaster walks up the streets and listens to Mickey speech, quite sure of having a deja vu...

Hey man, didn't you notice the crowd just around the corner having the same discussion?

You might well go there to spread your ideas.

You can also ask them what I just stated in their discussion...

He looks at the cloudy sky, opens his umbrella and leaves

Report Post Tip

"So why should that person respect you and not put a bullet in your head for it?"

Because Deimne said so.

Report Post Tip

Floyd laughs and walks over to the news stand for another paper towel

Exactly! That's why I said, "People have really began to get things twisted around here, but hey new trends are always set and those in power can enforce them."

We can only play with the cards dealt until we change dealers.  So I really couldn't agree more Mr. Mux.

Report Post Tip

*Mickey takes pull off his nearly finished cigar*

Thier are consequences for every action we make. We sell drugs we go to jail. If we steal we got to jail. If we don't pay for the kids we bring in this world we go to jail.

Why not face the consequenes of your actions?

Report Post Tip

Why not face the consequenes of your actions?

Because Deimne said so.

Put two and two together Mickey.

Report Post Tip

"Things are twisted around here", "new trends being enforced", "change dealers":

These phrases are how you "beat around the bush" with your problems. If you have a problem with one of the new "trends" or "policies", make the change yourself. Don't blame the leaders, especially since you happen to be one of the "dealers" in your own city. If I'm not mistaken, Los Angeles has a pretty lax ruleset for these sorts of things:

"Pickpocketing in LA is not of huge concern to me. However, I will ask that you respect those ranked above you and not stick your hands in their pockets."

Fix the problems in your own backyard before bringing a case against national organizations.

Report Post Tip

Right, a subtle hint at the greater issue here appears to have been missed... so let me make it very clear.

I have no fondness or wish for pickpocketing, nor do I view it as anything warrenting me to have to get off my lazy ass to try and remove. I have far more interesting things to waste my time on. It's something that I really couldn't care less about. If you're such a delicate little flower that it offends your delicate nature so much you get your panties in a bunch when it does happen, I'll probably sit back and laugh at you.

However, when someone uses it to make death threats... now that I've an issue with. When someone chooses to ignore the rules of the eight cities, where some have chosen to allow pickpocketing in certain circumstances, that I have an issue with.

I'd strongly suggest you take great care to never make a public statement that could suggest you might shoot a New York'er or I will assure you I will take SERIOUS issue with it and you!

Report Post Tip

The simple concept nobody appears to have taught you is that power determines what is respectful and what isn't.

If a Godfather says that it is alright to pickpocket someone in their city, then it isn't disrespectful. You shut your mouth and you get on with it. Even if you think it is the stupidest thing in the world, you follow their rules. Why? They have the power to make the rules and to enforce them once they have done.

Your ridiculous vigilante approach is going to earn you a bullet. I'm amazed it hasn't already. Do you honestly believe you have a hope in hell of enforcing such a ridiculous stance? I might seek out transcripts of an old discussion on this topic, because for you to think that you have anything like the influence or power to enforce your threat is absurd. What if Mux picks your pocket? What are you going to do? What about Deimne? Going to shoot him?

Not only would you fall laughably short with that, but as a man of honour you represent your organization. They've inducted you in as family and your approach would see you start taking shots at people you don't stand a chance of cowing or at worst you look like a complete coward for not backing up your word.

I'm amused that people still fail to understand one of the most basic concepts of the Mafia. It isn't fair. It's isn't equal. It is about power. Have a scan over the older posters and you'll find one from ThomasRourke where he demanded a public apology from everyone who spoke against TM's plan. You should have seen the high profile bent knees and why? Because none of them stood a chance of opposing ThomasRourke.

I have a suspicion that either your stance or your ability to breathe are going to be changing very shortly.

Report Post Tip

Floyd comes out the alley, throwing his paper towel in the trash

Damn bubble-guts!  You got a point there Mr. Mux. I think that's what I'll do as a matter of fact.  Expect changes in LA to come pretty soon.  Real soon.

On another note, this is a national problem because we travel nationally.  Don't get me wrong, I respect and follow every rule set by every city and comply.  That doesn't mean I have to agree with it and only a PUSSY wouldn't say how he felt about it. No offence ladies of the society.  Hence we have Civilians and Petty Thiefs running off at the mouth down the streets while other pretend not to agree.  I'll go put my new crecrete edition loafers on my own feet before I ever held my tongue on anything I felt strongly about.

Therefore you know how I feel about this issue and shall find out how I feel about other as well, coming shortly.

Floyd lifts his flask for another drink, but than tosses it in the trash instead and heads to his office. Preparing his thoughts about things he feels strongly about for all to view later.

And I'm no civilians.

Floyd grabs one more paper towel and exits

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Respect the CODE!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL