Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 17:59:07
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Is money everything? Started by: Erratic on Feb 15, '10 18:11

Of course it is! But only to a certain extent, let me explain...

Lately, while visiting banks from our fine cities i have noticed something which is becoming quite a common occurence. Earlier today while doing a spot of business in the bank i overheard a guy next to me speaking to the clerk, it's not that i was being nosey, i just couldn't help but listen when i heard the amount of money that was involved.

"Yes, that's correct. I would like to deposit $11,000,000 into my bank account."

Upon hearing this i turned to have a quick glimpse of the person, he had an expensive suit, top of the range watch and the shiniest shoes i had ever seen. He must be someone important i thought. But, wait a minute... I know this guy, he was a fellow mafioso, I had done business with this guy just the week before. He was a well respected and was highly ranked in our business yet didn't quite hold a position of power. Anyway, after that i took no notice, i finished what i had to do and left the bank.

The next day i was in Burger King in Chicago having lunch with a friend (not Iota) when he told me a familiar story, about how transactions of millions of dollars between made men and other high rankers had taken place in certain banks. It got me thinking about things and i want your opinions on the matter.

Why is it that we see so many people running around town and swamping their banks with such large sums of money? These people are not Godfathers or even CL's, they have no position of power, they are just normal mafioso's. A normal mafioso should not be having that much money on him/her, especially when they have more BG's than their own CL's! Say what you want but i am a firm believer in family first, even before yourself.

So, why do they have so much money? Are they greedy? Are they selfish? Should something be done about it?

Please discuss.

Erratic.

Report Post Tip

Bell listens as Erratic makes his point in regards to the amount of money one is supposed to have.

Well Sir, I guess it would boil down to each individual family.  If your boss is satisfied with the tributes & donations that you provide your crew, should it matter if you have a head for numbers and are able to take your share and make a profit on it? 

I think not.  Frankly, if I ran a family, I would use those mafioso as a type of insurance.  I say this in the sense of if the head of the family goes down, the family's funds don't all go with him/her. 

Report Post Tip

This qustion has been bought up before and I beleive the general concensus of opinion was that all Mafioso SHOULD be passing excess funds up to their respective Godfather/Godmother as they can never be too well protected.

Having a bodyguard or two is Ok particularly if you are a hit squad member, but having more than the CL is a bit absurd.

Report Post Tip

Considering I've already spoken about this during another conversation earlier on I'm loath to repeat myself.

But I will condense what I said there now, money is easy to come by in our life and ya can't take it with ya, so what's the point in hoarding it when you could put it to good use protecting the boss and the bosses protection ensures your protection.

Report Post Tip

So let me get this right.  You guys think that every mafioso in a family should do what? Send a daily account of their bank records?   That's a bit excessive if you ask me.

It's the boss who sets the bar on what kind of tribute he/she should be receiving on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.  It is also up to the boss & his higher ups to makes sure those tributes are given.

Report Post Tip

Well I look at it this way Bellissima. If my money ensures the bosses protection, then by doing so I'm ensuring my own protection.

Report Post Tip

And if your boss goes down with your bank roll Dante? 

I'm not saying you shouldn't give at least half of what you make to your boss on a weekly basis.  What I am saying is that attempting to keep tabs on the amount of money each crew member has is a damn near impossible task & creates a lot of extra work for the higher up's. Work they don't really have time to do.

Don't you think their time could be better spent?  Perhaps in ensuring your safety.....

Report Post Tip

If my Boss is going down then the chances of me surviving are slim. Besides my boss won't have my bankroll in his bank, he'll have used it to protect himself.

Besides money is easy to make, so if push came to shove I can always start again.

Report Post Tip

I think it only becomes a problem if they are keeping all of their money to themselves and not donating enough to their CL. I don't think it matters what rank you are. If you know how to make money then why should you hold your self back because you're a lower rank? I would think the family would be proud that someone of a lower rank had learned so much at a young age. And when they start moving up higher ranks and  maybe start a family of their own, they'll have something to support them. I don't see what's wrong about that unless they are not donating an acceptable amount to their CL, who made it possible for them to make money in the first place. 

Report Post Tip

First and foremost, you take care of your crew leader. You ensure that his or her pockets stay loaded at all times. You work for them and one of your most important jobs is to make cash for the family. Obviously, you should keep a small amount for yourself. You do need petty cash to travel with and conduct various means of business. Personally, I'm against anyone but Godfathers, Godmothers, or Crew Leaders being extremely rich.

Report Post Tip

I think that really any mafioso should only keep enough cash to run their operation and send the rest up to their leader. The leaders can use this money to help key people in the family and run business. I am sure when you first started maybe your leader gave you a few bucks to get started or helped you with a BG or offer money for services for the family. So now to answer your questions..

So, why do they have so much money? Perhaps because they are good hustlers and make a small fortune on drugs.

Are they greedy? That depends on what they are doing with the money.

Are they selfish? See above.

Should something be done about it? Well that is up to each individual leader who can set taxes to any level they choose. Not only that each leader may have their reasons for doing what they do and have control over their people. I do not believe for one minute that any leader is not aware of who is holding back and who a part of the family.

Report Post Tip

Well Put WolfVidi, it all about the money,

it keep the crew up and running, provides the crew with protection, helps build up the crew etc...

now what they do with the money is all up to them. the right question to ask is
"is all that money being used for the good of the crew or for selfish reasons?"

Report Post Tip

My personal opinion, no wiseguy or below should be 'rich". They are hear to earn their place in the family and earn a shit load of cash to help get them there.

Upon receiving your button, things change a little.  By now most will respect their family and keep providing for their leader.  However by made man I personally believe if you are consistently providing money for your family, you have a right to keep part of the cut for yourself.  I would like to mention this cut should still be very low compared to the families cut (maybe 15%).

Report Post Tip

Money isn't everything, it doesn't make one happy or keep one warm. You can buy things for that.

So to say it differently: Money doesn't make you happy, but it helps.

Report Post Tip

Well, here's how I see it. I keep the money required to keep my business running, the rest I send up to my boss. Simple.

You don't need to keep even one million dollars on you just to have it. Either spend it on something that'll help you or send it up.

Report Post Tip

I think that like everything in life there are variations.  Some guys live to make cash - these guys tend to rank only to make more money.  Some people aren't too bothered by it, but have good guns or are good for morale.  I've had relatives who had many millions - being extremely rich is nice - but it makes peiople talk.  There are plenty of things to do with cash.  Blackjack, donate, credits, BGs and so on - having $11M is just silly!  Get it incvested

Report Post Tip

Mafioso whom are not Leaders should keep hold of as much cash as they feel. It's Their cash. It has been taxed, any further cash given to their leader is through choice.

Most of the time, to get recognised as a good earner, you must give donations aswell as your usual taxes, but I do not see it as a Mandtory action.

Report Post Tip

You know when your dead, money doesnt mean a damn thing!

Walks by the graveyards... the quiet and empty feeling.. noticing all of the money in the world could not save them from dying

I know of times where my fathers have faced certain death - and they randomly threw cash at those who looked like they needed it, looked like they needed that one lucky shot to get ahead.. like I got, like most of us got once in our life.

If you spend your whole life trying to make money.. did you ever live your life?

Report Post Tip

______ is right .not even sure why you made this post.If a person wants and has the desire to execel in the family.Throwing up donations is a good start being a good earner and worker.If you don't fine but don't expect promotions.or recognition

Report Post Tip

______ is right .not even sure why you made this post.

I made this post so people could debate, as they have been doing. And if you have paid attention you would see that people have different opinions and beliefs.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Is money everything?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL