Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 17:41:22
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Named BGs Do Stuff - Tyler Raids Started by: Squishy on Jul 27, '16 06:04

We are adding a new feature into the game called Tyler Raids.  Basically, you are sending your BGs down to Tyler’s home turf to cause some pre-emptive mayhem and walk away with some nice loot.  You can only send the best of the best of your bgs (named ones only) up to 5 per day.

Each BG has a set of skills that it will use to beat Tyler’s henchmen with.

Wack goes against wack.

Defense goes against defense.

Stealth goes against stealth.

Info goes against info.

*Rage is a wildcard and is used to back fill any stats where you are less than your opponent, 1 point of rage is not as good as 1 point in the particular stat you need however.

To beat a Tyler with ease, you need to at least match each individual skill of theirs with your own.  With less skills, you can actually damage them but probably won’t overtake them.  For example, your 2 wack against their 2 wack, you win, and it continues on to the next stat.  Your 1 defense against their 1 defense, you win.  Your 1 defense against their 2 defense – you have a chance of winning, if you win this roll, it continues on down the list.  If you fail this roll, it stops.

Each BG can be trained by other crew members to hone its individual skills to better counter Tylers that they will face off against during the raids.  The better off someone is at that particular skill, the higher chance they have of successfully training another member’s BGs skill.  For example, John has awesome stealth.  John can train Bob's BG to a higher stealth level with a greater degree of success than Suzy, who is as stealthy as Shaquille O'Neal touring Japan.

There is a cost associated with training your BGs, and a payout to your crewmembers who actually do the training.  Training them uses the Felony timer.  There is a 2 day cooldown for training an individual bodyguards.

There are different difficulty levels that your crewleader can select for the Tyler Raids.  The higher the difficulty, the larger the rewards, but harder it is to complete and obtain the completion bonus.

Tylers henchmen are generated with random stats matched to your crew’s abilities and selected difficulty level.  Sometimes this means that some Tylers may be VERY heavy in one stat, and very easy in others.  Because of this, sometimes its good to have a few BGs in your crew that are heavy in one particular area as opposed to everyone just having "generally good across the board" stats.

When you do battle with a Tyler, you select which one you want to take down and with which of your named BGs to do it with.  It is in your immediate personal best interest to take down as many as you can. It is in the best interest of the crew, however, to take down the hardest that you can, leaving the easier ones for weaker crewmates so that you have a better chance of getting the completion bonus.

After you beat a Tyler, you can use whatever skills you have left over to continue with and tackle other Tylers.  Your skills refill back to their max at midnight game time.

We are releasing the training aspect of this now to give you guys a head start while we get get the raid feature ready.

To better support this feature, when you select to BG wack a players highest health/lowest BGs, the named BGs are now at the end of the list, regardless of their HP.  This will better preserve the hard work you put into your named BGs for this feature.  We have also changed it so that when you do a Upkeep All n your BG management screen, this can now trigger the naming feature with the same chance as upkeeping them individually.

You can find the training page under Profit – Work.

You can send your BGs to be trained under Manage – Do Stuff below Manage BGs

There will be a follow up post with more information when the actual Tyler Raids aspect is ready. (Estimated at under weeks for final version) (Some will have early beta access)

Report Post Tip

Ooh, amazing stuff here Squishy. Can't wait for them raids.

Report Post Tip

Sounds nice can't wait to see what type of awards they bring in .

Report Post Tip

This is a very interesting tweak to the original idea. I like this idea better than my original idea Squishy :)

Report Post Tip

So, when they battle, does it decide the winner looking at all of the stats of the BGs or just the highest one or a random one...?

Report Post Tip

Never mind. I just reread it and I answered myself.

Report Post Tip
CANT WAIT!!!!
Report Post Tip

Actually, I have another question. 

How long does it take for a BG to finish training? I know that we have to wait 2 days before training the same one, however, it's not instantaneous when we click on the stat that we want to level up.

Report Post Tip

Every time I try to Train one of my Loyal ones, it keeps popping up "Undefined". Is this part only view-able at the moment or should we be able to use it already?

Report Post Tip

I'm having the same issue Telkin. 

Report Post Tip

"...when you do a Level All (Formally known as Train All) in your BG management screen, this can now trigger the naming feature with the same chance as training them individually."

Does this count for Upkeep All vs Upkeep a single BG as well?

Report Post Tip

so it could be that a crew member selects to train a bg and fails to teach the skill?

Report Post Tip

K_W

The better you are (think percentile) in your crew, the better chance you have of successfully training it to a higher level.

Joe has 13 kills, hes pretty much the weakest wacker in the crew.  He would have a very hard time training someone to level 4.

Frank has 1300 kills, he is one of the top-dogs of the crew's list of wackers.  He could train you to level 4 with his eyes closed and one hand tied behind his back.

The higher percentile you are of that skill based upon comparison of your crew, the better you are at training that skill.

Report Post Tip

Wow... like pokemons...

Great change ;) as it was mentioned before - I have the same problem with "Undefined" alert when I try to train my BG

Report Post Tip

The "undefined" issue can be solved by refreshing.

Report Post Tip

is there going to be an achievement for this later on ?

Report Post Tip

Will there be achievements added for helping the family out on training their BGs or placing BGs to be trained those can be new achievements added or have BG with full set of each skills?

Report Post Tip

The rich get rich and the poor get poorer. 

Goddamit America where's the equality?

Report Post Tip

will insta felonies ever be used on this feature?

Report Post Tip

Insta felonies will not get used for this feature.  We originally were going to use a separate timer for 15 minutes then realized, ehhh, why take up more space, and 12 minute felony timer is a good compromise.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Named BGs Do Stuff - Tyler Raids
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL