Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 14:22:49
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
King of the Ring - Calling All Fighters! Started by: FitzChivalry on Oct 10, '16 00:00

green was bristling with excitement. The event was a total sellout again and was even picking up coverage from independent publications like KateLogan's, which was adding to the entire spectacle. The only downside was that his ringside seat was once again next to FitzChivalry, but he supposed it was a small price to pay to see the action unfold first hand. He exchanged pleasantries with the local dignitaries and was proud to see so many of the underworld's biggest players in attendance. 

"Should be a heck of a night again, boss." Fitz said as he disentangled himself from the crowd and took his place beside green.

"I hope so, pal." green said, rubbing his hands together "Gotta hope Disorder does the business again for us too!"

Fitz laughed and patted the Don on the shoulder "He will! He will. Should have seen him earlier, man, I promise he was ready to spit fucking nails." 

The two continued to exchange thoughts and predictions as the remainder of the gathering took their seats. When everyone of note was in position, green sent a runner to start proceedings and soon the announcer was in the ring introducing the first two fighters.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!he warbled out over the din "We are proud to welcome you all back to the MGM Grand and hope you are ready for some more action!" He let the excitement build to a crescendo before speaking again "Well then, let's meet the fighters for our first event of the evening!"

The production was slick and moments later, Invincible "Ice Man" Imperial was charging down to the cage. He looked to be in peak condition and fully recovered from his recent exertions. Before too long he was joined by an equally confident looking, Joe "the Warrior" Rosoga, who took up his position opposite. The announcer took his cue.

"IN THE BLUE COOOOOOORNER....standing 6'1" tall and weighing in at 205 pounds, fresh from his brutal KNOCK OUT victory in the last round, he is THE WARRRRRRRIOR, JOE ROSOGGGGGGGGA"

He drew a smattering of applause from the partisan crowd and a resounding chorus of boos. He must have expected it because he didn't flinch.

"ANNNNNND IN THE RED COOOORRRNERRRRRR" and the audience rose to their feet with a deafening cheer "He is 6' 3" tall and the favourite fighting son of The Phantom Troupe....LAS VEGAS'S OWWWWWWN...INVINCIBLE "ICE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN" IMMMPERIALLLLLLLLL!"

Imperial climbed onto the side of the cage and smashed his fist repeatedly against his chest. The crowd continued to go nuts for their man and a full 30 seconds passed before he took his position in the centre of the octagon. He was admonished by the official before he read the fighters' their final instructions, but he didn't care. He was on fire.

Report Post Tip

Quarter Final 1

Invincible "Ice Man" Imperial vs Joe "The Warrior" Rosoga

(Full fight available HERE)

As the bell sounds the two fighters touched gloves.  

"Really looking forward to this one!" Fitz yelled to green over the noise of the animated spectators.

green was excited too and an all action start to the bout did nothing to settle him down. Both men launched a fluffy of punches and kicks, each catching the other, although not quite doing the damage the crowd wanted. "The Warrior" was the first to make a move landing a series of smart kicks to Imperial's legs, catching him heavy on his front foot wobbling him.

"Smart play!" green called, but he was soon drowned out by the disgust radiating from the home crowd as "Ice Man" tried, and failed, to take down Rosoga, only to catch a foot flush to the face before being lifted and slammed into the deck. Joe pressed home his advantage BATTERING HARD FISTS INTO IMPERIAL'S EXPOSED FACE!!

"Fuck!" 

"Push him off!"

"COVER UP!!

Came the calls from the crowd, but The Warrior was relentless in his assault keeping Imperial pinned tight to the mat, continuing to pound on his unrelenting face. 

"This could be over!" Fitz screamed, relishing the action, but it would seem he was premature in dismissing Ice Man. The game Sin City resident managed to eventually wriggle his way free before finding his way back to his feet. In fact, it seemed to green that the take-down had actually spurred him into life and given him a wake up call as he was soon back on the offensive much to the delight of the crowd.

This encouraged the crowd back to their raucous best and either inspired or perhaps just as a happy consequence, Imperial was increasingly raising his game. Stinging kicks scored to Joe's head and legs. Joe tried to throw a kick of his own in response, but Invincible read it, sending The Warrior hopping and tumbling gracelessly to his back!

Imperial landed punches onto Joe, but he recovered well and both were soon back on their feet, trading blows once more. Both men were going full force after this other, a huge spinning back kick from Rosoga stunning Ice Man, before Imperial responded with a wicked series of punches, opening a raking cut above Joe's eye.

"That was a close one!" green said to Fitz at the break and he meant it. It had been a really tight affair with good work from both men, although the crowd chanting Imperial's name might influence the judges to the contrary...if it got that far.

The second round bell resumed the action and Joe's cut-man had done a sterling job on his face, significantly minimising the evidence of the damage Imperial had wrought. He was also doing a better job of protecting himself in the opening stages and he was the more accurate of the two, but Imperial's power was proving the difference. Whilst Joe was landing nice 2 and 3 punch combinations, Imperial was dropping BOMBS, hurting Rosoga badly, staggering him.

To his credit, Joe was living up to his Warrior name and was still trading with Ice Man despite the damage he was taking and the explicit instructions to the contrary from his corner! 

...turns out they knew their business.

As Joe launched another brave assault, Imperial caught him flush in the chops with a powerful front kick before LAUNCHING HIMSELF THROUGH THE AIR IN  A SPINNING CARTWHEEL, HIS FOOT CLATTERING INTO JOE'S JAW. He was out before he hit the floor.

"HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!" yelled green "THAT WAS FUCKING INSANE!" 

The whole arena was on it's feet, amazed at what they had just seen. Imperial charged around the cage like a man possessed, screaming madly to himself and the crowd screamed with him in admiration and delight. Meanwhile, the doctor gave Joe the once over and after confirming he knew what day it was, his corner pulled him away, leaving Imperial to celebrate with the adoring fight fans.

After several minutes of celebration, as the announcer declared Imperial the winner, Fitz leaned over to green...

"How the bollocks do we top that?" 

green had absolutely no idea, but right then he didn't care.

Report Post Tip

Quarter Final 2

"Pretty Boy" Brother Hec vs Bob "Awesome" Marley 

(Full fight is available HERE)

It had taken a long time for the crowd to settle down long enough that they allowed Imperial to leave centre stage. By the time they had eventually done so and restocked with drinks, the announcer was introducing the next two fighters.

"IN THE BLUE COOOOORRRRRRRRRNERRRRRRRRRR....standing 5' 8" tall, in the burgundy trunks and weighing in at 205 pounds...he traded the golden beaches of the Caribbean for the Windy City...he is the pocket rocket....BOB "AWESOMMMMMMMMMME" MARLLLLLLEYYY!"

The usually jovial Marley has his fight face on and merely scowls in response to the cheers from the crowd. His short stature had earned him many fans from the neutrals in attendance and green was sure they would be in his favour when the bell rang.

"AND IN THE RED COOORRRRRRNEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR....standing 6' 3" tall and weighing in at 205 pounds...he is the self-proclaimed best looking man in Illinois...sporting the white trunks with black trim...the fighting pride of NORTH SIDE, CHICAGOOOO...."PRETTY BOOOOY" BROTHERRRRRR HECCCCC!"

Pretty Boy lapped up the attention from the fans, blowing kisses and offering waves to anyone who would look his way, even though the majority were shouting obscenities at him. It was clear from the very beginning that the two men were polar opposites in their approach and the crowd were eager to see who would come out on top - as long as it was Marley.

The first bell sounded and Hec came out early throwing head and leg kicks with mixed success. Marley seemed to be scouting his opponent in the early stages, content to stay on the outside despite Hec's longer reach. A dangerous strategy but one that reaped almost immediate rewards as BrotherHec walked straight onto a right hook from Marley which left him seeing stars, rocking him back onto his heels.

"He's got a game plan here, you watch!" cried Fitz and it seemed like the trainer was right. Marley followed up his attack with a big take-down, ripping the bigger man's legs from under him and following it up by diving on top of him. Awesome went for an early submission but Hec's ground game was pretty strong; he managed to prevent Marley from getting enough leverage to execute it effectively and then he was forced to let Hec regain his feet.

He paid for it; dearly. 

Marley's earlier success on the outside came back to bite him squarely and very toothely right in the ass, as no sooner had Hec regained his feet, than he launched two left handed missiles, the latter of which banged flush into Marley's jaw. His legs collapsed underneath him and Pretty Boy was all business, swarming all over him and swinging down with full-bodied punches into Awesome's head and neck.

Hec was going for the finish and while Marley was still dazed he had enough ringcraft and the wherewithal to cover up. Hec wasn't to be easily deterred though and, sensing blood in the water, tried to takes his opponent's back and gain a choke. No dice, Marley was waiting for it and using Hec's momentum against him, he slyly managed to roll out of it.

"Thought he was a goner there!" green says, captivated by the back and forth action. 

After his narrow escape, both fighters traded shots on their feet, brawling. Neither man wanted to commit too much, having both been hurt earlier in the round and knowing how high the stakes were. Hec remained cautious, dodging Marley's take-down attempts and trying to use his long limbs to his advantage...but as he throws a snappy looking kick MARLEY CATCHES HIM CLEAN WITH A BRUISING, GUT BUSTING LEFT HAND TO THE BODY, just as Hec was swinging. He wasn't braced for it and he folds like a deckchair. It was a perfect shot, driving the wind from him. And worse, Marley is on him in a flash, smashing hungry fists into Hec's face, desperate for the kill and HEC'S UNABLE TO COVER UP...the referee jumps in and saves him from further any further punishment...ITS ALL OVER, MARLEY HAS WON BY KNOCK OUT IN THE VERY FIRST ROUND! 

"WOW! Wasn't expecting that! Really impressive!!" Fitz yells over the cheers and applause at the sudden finish. Marley's perfect body shot was about as clinically beautiful a strike as one could land and green knew his number two appreciated it from a trainer's perspective as much as a from a fan's.

"Another great finish!" green agreed as the crowd renewed their clapping with gusto. In the cage Marley had helped Hec to his feet and both men had embraced. There was no animosity between the pair now, both had put it all on the line and unfortunately for him, Hec had been caught napping at the worst possible moment. His tournament was over.

"I really like the look of this Marley, I think he's got a chance."

Fitz nodded, clearly impressed by the man's technical skills "He's a real danger alright. I can't wait to see Disorder though, is he up next?"

green looked down at the card as the two fighters made their way from the octagon "nope, Nakamura and Wild Horses first. That should be a battle...then Disorder and Pizza Lover will close out the show..."

The two excitedly looked forward to the next offering. 

Report Post Tip

Kate had been walking around the MGM, scouting out the area and occasionally jotting something down on her notepad. She quickly took her seat when the fights began and enjoyed the two first two knockouts. During a break in the action, she stood, stretched, and scanned the arena once again. It was certainly drawing a great deal of attention from the public.

Report Post Tip

After an intense fight Marley was asked to say a few words on the amazing fight

" Well honestly I just came here with one thing in mind finish that fight as fast as possible " Marley said still trying to catch his breath

" @BrotherHecs is an amazing fighter his long reaches hit hard and there was a moment half way into the round where one of his punches tore through my guard and the mere force shook me to my core "

" So how did you do it? " The Interviewer asked

" I stayed patient, watched his movement and waited for my opportunity...  sometimes to beat someone strong you use your mind not just your strength. With all that said though it was a great fight, I owed it to my fans, chongdeces, and all of chicago to put on an amazing fight and I did just that. I can't wait for the Semi-Finals the aim is to bring this back for Chicago and Deces now, besides KateLogan is watching so got to give her something good to write. Now please excuse me I need to go smoke a blunt of my pineapple express with chong we made a deal we'd celebrate after my win! "

Report Post Tip

Quarter Final 3

"Invincible" Shinsuke Nakamura vs "The Gentleman" Wild Horses

(Full fight available HERE)

The crowd continued to cheer Marley as he made his way off stage and green was equally pleased to hear the man speak so eloquently after a tough battle. As the next two fighters bounded into the cage, he was hopefull he would be able to gloss over the ganja related activities Stoner was doubtlessly involved in, eve if it was mentioned by any of the local news outlets at all, which he doubted. It paid to have the papers in his pocket, but before he could scheme any further his train of thought was interrupted by the announcer introducing the next combatants.

"IN THE BLUE CORRRRRRRRRRNERRRRRRRRR....standing 5' 10" tall, weighing in at 205 pounds...wearing the camouflage trunks and fighting from the rough streets of PARADISE, LAS VEGASSSSSSS.......he is ......THE GENTLEMANNNNNNNNNN" WILD HORSESSSSSSSSS"

The crowd cheered their local fighter, although it was somewhat muted compared with his previous endeavours, but this was on account of the popularity of his opponent. The Godfather had friends across the country and even here, in Wild_Horses' back yard, he had fans calling for him to be victorious.

"ANNNNNND IN THE RED COOOORRRNERRRRRR....the taller of the two men at 6' 2" and reaching the full weight limit of 205 pounds...he is The Godfather of Chicago....The King of Style......"INVINCIBLE" SHINSUKEE NAKAMUUUUURRRRRRRRA"

Nakamura swaggered about his corner and confidently pumped his fist as his name was called. He looked in no mood to be messed with and it was an intense stare-down as the official called the two together. Neither man blinked although they did graciously touched gloves, and as the bell sounded, the action was underway.

It was a strong opening by the Godfather as threw knees and head kicks towards his smaller opponent, some finding their mark on Wild Horses who responded with fast, stringing fists to Nakamura's body. With this first success, Wild_Horses tries to push on with a take-down, but Nakamura reads it, nimbly sidesteps the attempt, then seamlessly counters it and delivers a take down of his own.

"Slick" mumbled green, impressed with the agility of the bigger man, but Wild Horses defended well off his back, catching the majority of Invincible's punches on his arms and neither man can really gain an advantage...Nakamura lets him up.

With both men back standing, they continue to trade blows; Wild Horses launches a stunning spinning back kick, but Nakamura rolls with it and minimises the damage. He continues to use his long legs to good effect, crunching a strong shot Wild Horses's front leg and nearly ripping him off his feet.

Sensing the round getting away from him, Wild Horses attempts another take-down, but Invincible sees it coming again and responds with one of his own, this time lifting him bodily and slamming him to the floor. Despite being winded, The Gentleman again scrambles well from his back and manages to wriggle out of side control and regain his feet. He's reeling, physically being out performed and mentally being outsmarted by the rangier man and he knows he has to up his game if he isn't going to stay in the tournament. 

Invincible tries to extend his lead in the round with strong head kicks to the Gentleman, but one is a little looser and he telegraphs it, catches his leg and smoothly sweeps The Godfather's standing foot, dropping him to the ground. The crowd respond to the improvement, although Nakamura covers up well from his back and quickly manages to get to his feet again, but he looks flustered....Wild Horses senses it as well. He ducks under a leg kick, counters with a solid left hand, Nakamura is hurt but trying to bang with The Gentleman; a huge mistake as Wild Horses blocks another punch and fires in a BRUTAL LEG KICK kick which wobbles Nakamura.

"HE'S HURT! HE'S HURT!" yells Fitz, jumping to his feet, sensing the close.

Wild Horses lands a front kick to Nakamura's face, he's on jelly legs all of sudden from the power in the strikes, he tries to fire back again, but Wild Horses rocks him with two strong left jabs! He's seeing stars and Wild Horses findi his mark with a VICIOUS UPPERCUT. Invincible's legs buckle, his eyes are rolling. NAKAMURA'S DOWN, NAKAMURA'S DOWN! He's out of it....The Gentleman, scenting blood, does the very ungentlemanly thing of climbing on top of his fallen prey and begins to beat him senseless. Fortunately, the official dives in and calls a halt to the contest. 

It's all over and The Gentleman is through to the final! Wild_Horses charged around the octagon delighted with himself, arms aloft in glory, whilst Nakamura looked crestfallen, slowly regaining his senses. As he eventually clambers to his feet, disgusted at losing a fight from such a strong winning position, the crowd offer him their affection. He glumly raises a fist in acknowledgement, but the day belonged to The Gentleman. 

Report Post Tip

Lucky Shot...

Thats all brotherHec had to say about the smoker when he lost his fight. Was it stopped too early? No. Was it a complete domination from one to the other? Not at all. Was it really a lucky shot? Perhaps.

When i say lucky shot...I should clarify that his technique was on point. If you rewatch that fight i am not sure how anyone saw that coming. I think Bob himself surprised himself with how that whole thing turned out. None the less i have lost and now i am out. I wish to congratulate my opponent and wishing him the best of luck to win the tournament! 

BrotherHec bows out and walks down the aisle shaking hands with fans before crying in his dressing room. 

Report Post Tip

Witnessing Nakamura hit the mat Marley was in a state of shock he was sure his Chairman would have won this fight...

" Come On Nakamura ! Get up ! "

But it was pointless the fight was over...

" So I guess this means I'm the only Chicago man left in this competition I have no choice but to win this "

Thinking about it for a second

" No pressure right? yea... no pressure... Time to go all out Semis here I come ! " 

Report Post Tip

A bloodied and bruised Nakamura barely gets to his feet.  Realizing that this is a young man's game, Nakamura walks over and raises the hand of Stoner_Marley.

"Give 'em hell in the next round, kid!  Make Chicago proud!"

He retires to the back locker room and packs up his gear for the last time.

Report Post Tip

"How you feeling, champ?" green asked Disorder as FitzChivalry gently kneaded his shoulders.

"I feel good boss, I'm fucking ready!" Disorder said, brushing away Fitz' attention and in doing so, closely mirroring the actions of the female population of Nevada, before starting to shadow box. His excitement was evident and before long at all he was starting to get a sweat on.

"Glad to hear it! This guy's big, but I reckon you're stronger - show 'em what you're made of" green said patting Disorder on the shoulder before leaving him to his final preparations. He didn't want to interrupt the man's rituals, especially as they had worked up to now. 

"Boss!" Fitz called, closing the dressing room door behind him, leaving the two men stood outside in the hall.

"What's up, Fitz?" green asked, looking at his watch. He needed to take his seat shortly and he didn't want to be late for his own dog and pony show.

"I was thinking of maybe...being in the corner for this one?" Fitz asked, nervously., worried about incurring the wrath of his handsome employer.

green knew it was hard for his number two having to maintain a sense of impartiality and not be able to offer advice to Disorder on the night. Knowing it would mean a lot to allow him to be in Disorder's corner made green almost reject the request out of hand, but then he realised that meant he would be free from Chivalry's annoyingly mundane observation on the action, so he quickly reconsidered.

"Sure man, you do what you've gotta do....now if you don't mind...?" green said levering his way around Fitz and heading towards ringside. He didn't want to spend any more time in his company than he was forced to.

"Thanks boss!" Fitz called at his retreating back "We'll bring back the win!!"

You better had, green thought. Otherwise he would be out a RHM.

Report Post Tip

Quarter Final 4

General Disorder "The Destroyer" vs Pizza "Bazooka" Lover 

(Full fight is available HERE)

Both fighters touch gloves and Disorder was out seemingly with a point to prove, launching a flurry of fast punches and kicks at PizzaLover. His blood was clearly up and Bazooka sensibly weathered the storm, looking to pick his opponent off and smartly stepped away from a take-down attempt from the General, and threw a knee squarely into his chops by way of a response. green winced.

"Patience, Disorder! PATIENCE!" shouted Fitz; he had gratefully accepted green's offer and had discarded all attempt at impartiality and was now in Disorder's corner giving advice and instruction. green had given Fitz' seat to one of his up and coming men, @HighPitchedEric, who squealed with delight with every punch thrown. As annoying as that was, it was still an improvement over having Fitz beside him, so green couldn't complain too loudly.

The round continued to be nip and tuck, Disorder's strong leg kicks saw him sweep Bazooka's standing leg, but the big New Yorker responded in kind shortly thereafter. With both men being 6' 6", Disorder didn't have his usual height and reach advantage, and green was fearful of how he would adjust. Both men continued to circle each other, exchanging strikes before Disorder managed to sidestep an attack from Pizza and counter by firing in a big kick to his head, wobbling him...sensing an opportunity he follows it up superbly kicking out Bazooka's standing leg leaving him sprawling on the floor.

"FUCK YEAH!" green hollers as Disorder takes control of the round. The two grapple and Pizza Lover tries a flying knee, but misses the mark and The Destroyer responds with another big kick around Pizza's ears, rocking him. Disorder drops into a southpaw stance and to the delight of the crowd and his corner, he feints away from an attack before diving forward and taking Pizza to the floor!

green looked over and saw FitzChivalry pointing to himself and looking smug. He seemed to be taking credit for Disorder's actions; something of a character trait, green mused, but before long his attention was drawn back to the fight. As the seconds ticked away in round 1, Disorder was still on top, having put Pizza on his back again and nearly secured a submission.

As the bell sounded and the two broke, it seemed that one of Pizza Lover's shots had busted Disorder's nose; it looked broken. Fitz was quickly directing the cut man to sort it out and green hoped it didn't have too much of an effect on the General's breathing in the later rounds. He thought that their man had probably won the first round though, so as long as he stayed smart from here, he was in with every chance of making the semi finals. 

"Your man looks good, green!" Called Slash from his nearby table and green raised his glass toasting the compliment "I fancy him to win this in the next round!" he added, but before green could answer, the second round bell sounded and all attention was back on the fight. 

Disorder was back to his game-plan, giving swift kicks from standing and trying to hurt Bazooka with his power. A number of sharp uppercuts from The Destroyer found their mark before he managed to stagger Pizza Lover with a big kick.

"Di-d YOU S-eE thAT?" Eric squawked down his ear as Pizza launched into a handspring and turned it into a kick. It didn't do much damage to Disorder but the crowd loved it. Hearing the cheers for the other man, Disorder grabbed Pizza's head and started trying to knee the fucker clean off at the neck. He drove Pizza back to the edge of the cage, but couldn't gain any leverage so cut him loose.

They continued to trade, but feeling the effects of his exploits thus far, Disorder tried to bring the action to the floor. Bazooka saw it, dodged it and caught Disorder in the face with a kick. As he was seeing stars, Pizza charged forward and drove the enormous green haired monster to the floor.

"Cover up! Cover UP!" green yelled, but try as he might, Pizza delivered some vicious pounding into Disorder's increasingly ragged looking face. Blood was spurting up with each shot, but despite the beating he was taking, The Destroyer continued to scramble, managing to hook his leg around the back of Pizza's neck for protection. 

It didn't last long. Bazooka seemed to be excelling in the more technical battle on the floor and once he managed to power out of the hold, he was able to pin Disorder's arms and resume his pummelling of his face. Blood splattered against the canvas and despite his continued struggles, green was deeply concerned for his fighter.

The bell brought Disorder some respite and despite his work in the early parts of the round, green thought it was a tough one to call, maybe even Pizza Lover's given his strong and crimson-heavy finish.

It would all come down to the third.

Pizza Lover opened the better, countering one of Disorder's leg kicks and sweeping his leg from under him. Disorder was cautious not to get himself caught on the floor again and scrambled quickly to his feet. Pizza tried to push on, but the green giant was ready for it, evading a knee and responding with a couple of mean kicks that scored well on the New Yorker's body.

"YES!!!!" green yelled as Disorder caught one of Bazooka's kicks and wrestled him to the floor; he followed it up with a hammer fists into Pizza's face but the man's defence was outstanding and he was quickly back on his feet. Disorder continued to be the busier of the two men, landing a series of vicious uppercuts which broke through Pizza's defence, rocking his head back a leaving him with a bloody nose. But he exposed himself, trying to push too hard and grab Pizza's head as he THUDDED A KNEE into Disorder's stomach, folding him up and dropping him to the floor. Was it low? Hard to tell, either way it had an effect. 

"Well done, son! Well fucking done!" green shouted, clapping his hands wildly as Disorder managed to find his feet again. It looked as though that might have been the end, and it was obvious that both were tiring from the action. Blood was flowing freely from Disorder's nose and from Bazooka's eye and mouth. green thought Disorder was the stronger on his feet, but Bazooka the more technical and was excelling whenever they wound up on the floor. 

With just over a minute and a half left in the final round, Pizza threw a lazy kick that Disorder scouted. Grabbing his leg, he pushed the big man back onto his heel and finally to the floor. Pizza rolled onto his side and Disorder went for an uncharacteristic submission. It was a mistake, no sooner did he have it on than Pizza wriggled loose, grabbed his wrist and locked him into an arm bar!

"FIGHT IT! FIGHT IT!" green screamed, as Bazooka tried to lock his legs into place "YES! FUCK YES!!" he shouted again, as Disorder shrugged his legs off and landed a number of biting punches straight into Pizza's face. Blood bubbled from wherever his magnificent fists landed and green was so wrapped up in the action he didn't hear the final bell sound.

"Is that it?" he asked Eric who seemed indulged only in biting his own cheek, so green decided not to press the point. Both men offered each other respect and they waited, rather impatiently, for the decision...

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN"....the announcer called out to the restless crowd, several minutes later "AFTER THREE ROUNDS OF ACTION, WE HAVE A SPLIT DECISION!" this brought murmuring and shouting, but green couldn't say he was surprised. It was so close going into the third, he just hoped that Disorder had done enough. "STEVEN GREENSBERG SCORES THE BOUT 29-28 TO.......DISORDER" The majority fans leapt to their feet and the New Yorkers in the crowd booed their disgust.

"ROBERTO MONTANES SCORES THE BOUT 29-28 IN FAVOUR OF...................PIZZA LOVER" green joined the majority of the crowd in offering his disdain, but he just hoped that the third judge had given the final round to Disorder, or his man was out.

"AND MR JAMES KNOWLES SCORES THE CONTEST 29-28 IN FAVOUR OF YOUR WINNER......AND ADVANCING TO THE SEMI FINALS OF THE KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT......" the crowd waited, desperately hoping...it was on a knife-edge, waiting for the announcer's final call..."GENERALLLLLLLL DISORRRRRRRRRRDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!" and green was on his feet, heading towards the octagon and Disorder jumped over the rail, Fitz wasn't far behind.

The three embraced.

Bring on the semis.

Report Post Tip

Fitz had been enjoying an evening at one of his old Chicago haunts, a place called The Selfie Shack, when he got the news. Wild_Horses and Imperial had died during a complicated night back home in Vegas. Both were Semi-Finalists and now this left a big gap to fill. On first thoughts, Fitz decided to let the offspring of those champions fill the void, but he wasn't sure that was the best idea. Especially since he didn't know if those who had died even had any children. After consulting green on what was to be done, they both reached a decision that seemed to be for the best. Two fighters died, two remained and so the final fight would be fought between the two that remained.

Fitz flew back to Vegas that evening and got his guys to work on some of the posters for the grand finale. He'd woke up this morning to a message from them, apparently everything was ready. Once he'd picked up the posters Fitz headed over to the MGM Grand and gave them to one of the staff there to put up around the place.

"Here, put these up around the casino and stick some out in the streets so people can see who'll be in the final."

Final Fight

Bob "Awesome" Marley vs General Disorder "The Destroyer"

Report Post Tip

After reading the news of the tragic deaths of 2 of the Semi finalists Marley wondered what would happen now when  suddenly the phone rang...

" Hello? Fitz? I'm in the finals? YOUR SHITTING ME! " Marley then went silent...

" So this means its me vs... Disorder? This is going to be a tough one " Marley took a puff

" But I got this this is a true challenge for the finals I wouldn't have it any other way " 

The conversation ends as Marley finishes his blunt he stands and takes a deep breath

" It's time to put training in over drive this is it, finally a shot at bringing a Trophy back for Deces and be the first ever winner of this tournament its time to make History ! "

Report Post Tip

Kate was lounging in her hotel room in Vegas when the phone rang.

"You're kidding? So they're just doing the final? That's... actually pretty smart. Hell of a way to cut the field in half, but hey- it all works out, I guess. Yea, I'll definitely be there for the final fight."

Report Post Tip

"I need you to take a dive" green said again, looking squarely into the disbelieving eyes of Disorder.

"...a dive?" Disorder said, turning the words over in his mouth like they had a sour taste to them "You want me to lose...on purpose?!"

green sighed. It was never meant to be this way. He had always supported Disorder and he had invested a fortune trying to find him the best possible trainers to ensure he was the most complete fighter he could be. He had even kitted out their headquarters with the latest gear and fanciest equipment money could buy to give him the cleanest possible edge possible. But with the latest drop outs and with their own man finding his way to the final, green was concerned. The fight night project was bigger than either of them and he needed the public to know it was clean and even a whiff of favouritism could spoil all of their hard work. If they stopped buying into it, it wouldn't be worth shit.

"Yes." green hissed, tight-lipped, as uncomfortable with the situation as the others. 

"But why, boss?" @Disorder asked the hurt evident in his voice "I still don't get it!"

"Because you have to. The first champion can't be our own man, General. You know that." green snapped, his patience finally reaching it's end. He wasn't thinking clearly, blindsided by the distasteful order, but green knew what was best  "The people have to see someone else win..it can't be you."

Disorder had his head in his hands and FitzChivalry remained leaning against the wall with his arms folded, not saying shit; helpful. green could feel the anger radiating off him, but right then it didn't matter. They were both blind to the bigger picture and green wasn't about to compromise the entire project for the sake of either of their pride.

"Are we clear?" green asked after the silence had continued to grow; he didn't wait for acknowledgement, this was how it had to be "good. I'll see you ringside, then" and with that he beat a hasty retreat lest the moment be stuck on him forever.  

Report Post Tip

green impatiently waited as a subdued looking Disorder made his way to the cage. The arena was packed, much to green's delight, and there wasn't a seat in the entire place. Everywhere he looked there were famous faces, both from within the underworld and from mainstream media. He'd had his hand pumped by everyone from film stars to Dons, with them all congratulating him on the big occasion; it made his head spin, but he wouldn't change it. This was exactly what he had always dreamed of, and if the crowd picked up on Disorder's hesitancy, they didn't show it, they cheered his name so loudly that the MGM shook with it.

DIS-ORD-ER!

DIS-ORD-ER!

DIS-ORD-ER!

Their General gave them a very tame salute by his usual standards, but fortunately for green the crowd seem to be chalking this up to pre-fight worries, rather than explicit instructions to lose. In the opposite corner, the usually stoic Marley looked a bag of nerves. He had seemed very worried on his ring walk, eyeballing the jam-packed house and now he was stamping across the canvas, knowing the best way to beat the jitters was to exercise them onto Disorder's face. green knew from his previous fights that he was more than capable of doing it, so he was pretty sure that whenever Disorder dropped it would be believable. 

As the crowd continued to bay for the start of the action, green briefly made eye contact with Disorder and mouthed "in the second" to him, but if the giant understood, he didn't give any outward sign. He merely responded to the official's instruction and walked to the centre of the octagon and before green could signal Disorder any further, the announcer took over proceedings and began his introduction to the two finalists. It was in Disorder's hands now.

"LAAAAAAAAAADIES AND GENTLEMENNNNNNNNNN!" the announcer called out over the din "WELCOME TO THE FINAL OF THE INAUGURAL LAS VEGAS FIGHT NIGHT TOURNAMENT!" 

green smiled as the crowd responded with a deafening roar, showing their delight with the event. He hoped it would capture their imagination and it seemed that it had. His mind started to run away with the possibilities of what could happen from here. Another tournament? Open challenges for the title? Moving the event across the country? It all seemed so much bigger now than it had in those days back in Chicago dreaming up the whole venture.

"TONIGHT!" the announcer continued, derailing green's thought train "...TONIGHT....ONE OF THESE TWO MEN WILL WIN NOT ONLY WIN $10,000,000, BE HE WILL ALSO BE CROWNED....FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION!" he waited a moment or two for the noise to lessen a tad before adding "SOOOOOOO....ARE WE READY TO MEET OUR TWO CHALLENGERS?!"

"Fuck yeah!"

"Kill him Disorder! Fucking kill him!"

"YOU'VE GOT THIS GENERAL!!"

green wondered if he'd ever make it out alive if the fans knew the truth of the deception he was perpetrating on them. He tried to shake off the worrying thought...it was better in the long run this way.... Wasn't it? It had to be. Nobody would buy the home fighter, the sponsor's man, winning the whole event. It could destroy the entire brand he was trying to build. No. It had to be like this. Disorder had to fall.

"IN THE BLUE COOOOOOOOOOORNER.....HAILING FROM LAS VEGASSSSSSSSS, NEVADAAAAAAAA" and the crowd almost drowned him out. The noise was incredible, the fans were beyond raucous, this was a mob straining for Stoner_Marley's blood "HE IS THE GREEN GIANT....STANDING 6' 6" TALL, BOASTING A PERFECT FIGHTING RECORD....THE DESTROYER.....GENERAL DISOORDDDERRRRRRR!!!!!!!" green had never heard anything like it, his head hurt from the noise. It was swallowing him whole. 

"AND IN THE RED COOOOOOOORNERRRRRRRR" and just like that the switch was flipped, the adoration turned to bile, the love to vitriolic hatred and for a minute green wondered whether the fans would actually even accept their man losing without chaos ensuing.... "REPRESENTING CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.....STANDING 5'8" TALL, FRESH FROM HIS KNOCKOUT VICTORY OVER BROTHER HEC......HE IS....AWESOME..STONER MARLEYYYYYYYY!!!" 

As green looked over the diminutive fighter, it seemed to him like the crowd's animosity was actually helping him a bit. He looked more focused and even some of his earlier nerves looked to be in the past, as he quietly shook out his arms and legs; he knew he was the villain of the piece and he seemed more than ready to play his role.

"AND NOW FIGHT FANS....YOU KNOW THE FIGHTERS...YOU KNOW WHAT'S AT STAKE....ARE YOU READY?! .....ARE YOU READDYYYY? OOD! BECAUSE HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!"

The announcer quickly departed the ring. The bell sounded. green prayed that Disorder would listen to him and do the right thing. Both fighters touched gloves and the final fight had begun. It was all up to them now.

Report Post Tip

The Final

"The Destroyer" General Disorder vs "Awesome" Bob Marley

(You can watch the full fight HERE)

Disorder towered over Marley and he launched a series of biting leg kicks the moment the bell sounded to the delight of the fans around the arena. He continued to go on the offensive, surprising Marley and green with his strong start. This wasn't the plan.

"Motherfucker!" green muttered to himself when Disorder stung another kick around Marley's ears, rocking him. He was meant to be throwing this fucking thing, not kicking his fucking head clear from his fucking shoulders! But despite green's fears, Marley recovered quickly, and the man's class was evident, ripping a number of beautiful strike into Disorder's chest and head. Disorder responded well to the attack and both men started to trade. Marley's defence looked good and he was evading The General's attacks well, keeping him at bay with kicks and clever movement. He would be a worthy champion when the time came.

"COME ON DISORDER!" Fitz screamed from the chair next to green, much to his annoyance. He still wasn't on board with Disorder losing, but green had long since stopped caring about pleasing his RHM and stayed glued to the action.

Marley continued to frustrate the bigger man, cleverly switching from orthodox to southpaw, always staying slightly out of Disorder's reach before jumping in with swift counters. green looked at the clock, over half the round was gone, and he glanced back to see the General hurt Marley with a monster front kick!

"YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!" Yelled Fitz, punching the air. green didn't move. Marley's hands went to his stomach, desperately trying to cover up, his ribs might have been broken. Disorder was heartless as Marley tried to retreat; a massive left hand was followed by another crippling front kick that sent Marley to the floor. The crowd roared and Disorder sensed the finish, lunging forward with malicious intentions, trying to drop his fist right into Awesome's vulnerable face.

"FUCK SAKE!" green snarled as Disorder swarmed all over Marley, throwing mean punches into Stoner's head and body. Somehow, ignoring the beating his face was getting, the Chicago man swung his body and managed to tie up Disorder's hand. The respite was short, Disorder was a man possessed, cannoning another fist into Marley's face, with the crowd wincing at the impact. Marley responded with sharp elbows and fists from his back, causing a wicked cut to open along Disorder's eye, but as the klaxon wailed out signalling the end of the round, it was clear the round belonged to the Las Vegas fighter.

green was out of his seat and over to Disorder's corner in a heartbeat. He hissed at him between the wire mesh "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?! I TOLD YOU TO LOSE. LOSE!!"  But if Disorder heard him, he ignored the outburst because he didn't look even around. green banged his fists against the mesh "LISTEN TO ME, LISTEN!" but before he could add anymore he could feel hands on his shoulders, wrenching him away.

He returned to his seat, seething. 

Report Post Tip

As the pretty blonde ring girl took her seat, the bell chimed for the start of the second round and green wrung his hands in front of him. He was furious. This was the one where he was expected Disorder to drop, but the fucking rebel was still on the offensive, contrary to instruction. green shook his head, his anger threatening to boil over, but to his relief Marley was being much cleaner in his work at the opening of this one. he was timing his shots and he caught Disorder's standing leg when he launched an assault, sending him crumbling to the ground. Maybe this shit would sort itself out, he hoped.

Enraged, Disorder charged forward, and despite green's shout for him to drop, he pushed on, lifting Marley off the ground and throwing him to the floor. Marley covered his face well and while Disorder rained blows down on him, few pierced his guard. He wriggled out of the hold and flips back to his feet, still looking fresh, much to the chagrin of the crowd. They thought he would be flagging from the punishment he'd already taken and yet Marley was a phenomenon, barely breathing hard.

green looked at the clock, still half the round to go for Disorder to do as he is told...but there is no sign of it. Both men are locked together and exchanging knees in the grapple, each scoring with shots without damaging the other too heavily. An eye-catching spinning back kick from Marley landed into Disorder's body, but before he can make more out of it, he's rocked back onto his heels with a powerful straight right from the big man; tit for tat.

"What is this motherfucker doing?!" green yells as time dwindles away, drawing a withering look from FitzChivalry. The spectators around green think he's cracking wise about Marley and clap him on the shoulder. 

Meanwhile, it's a fucking war out there. Blood is pouring freely from both men; Disorder's left eye is streaming crimson and Marley's got a vicious gouge above his, each blow causes fresh splatters, covering the canvas, both men and the referee. Disorder looks the stronger at the end of the round, bouncing away from Marley's shot, landing a brutal hook to the stoner's ribs, staggering him and then he dives forward, grabbing Awesome's leg and drives him to the ground.

The referee pulls Disorder off Marley as the klaxon sounds signalling the end of the second. His face is a mess; his chest is covered in blood and if green was hoping for less than 110% from his man, he had been wrong. Although he looked like he was getting his ass kicked if you hadn't watched the fight judging from the state of him, green was pretty sure he had won both rounds.

"DISORDER! DISORDER!" green yelled "I thought we agreed the second? THE SECOND!"

Disorder looks over at his boss as he drops into his corner and shakes his head "If I lose, I lose. But I'm not ducking for anyone. Not even you."

green bangs his fists against the mesh, furiously "LISTEN TO ME! This shit is bigger than you and your fucking pride! You've GOT to lose! That's a fucking order."

Disorder swills water around his mouth and spits out a gory abortion "We'll see" he said with a wicked grin, rising to his feet again.

The bell sounds for the third round.

green is ready to kill.

Report Post Tip

Marley's face is busted open from the punishment dished out by Disorder's wicked fists and he looked in real pain. The man's warrior spirit is evident to all though as he takes his feet at the klaxon and he flew out of the blocks, kicking Disorder's legs clean out from under him. He stays on the offensive, and Disorder is clearly surprised, thinking his man was done, only to find himself on his back for a second time in quick succession. 

"Get him, General!" Fitz roared encouraging the crowd favourite in the face of the onslaught and it seemed to work, angering green further, if that was even possible. Disorder caught a kick from Marley and swept his legs. Turns out, it was possible.

Disorder couldn't press home his advantage though and Marley managed to regain his feet without too much damage. It seemed to green that both men were now feeling the pace and he hoped that Marley could continue his good work as the action slowed. He was probably winning this round with his cleaner striking and he carried on scoring well and keeping Disorder at bay.

"Come on..." green mumbled to himself, hoping Disorder would take this cue and still tumble, despite what he'd said at the interval. 

He didn't. He threw a vicious combination to Marley's face and with his opponent dazed, Disorder launched himself dragging the smaller man to the floor with him. His mammoth fists crashed down into Awesome's face. green had his head in his hands, this was it, all his hard work, ruined. Marley struggled desperately but Disorder cracked punches into his nose, again and again. Each time Disorder's hand rose and fell, a fresh spurt of blood erupted from Marley's battered mush.

"How the fuck...." Fitz shouted and green looked up just in time to see Marley hook both feet under Disorder and force him away, breaking the hold. He scrambled back to his feet with a minute left in the round...green couldn't believe it. This man was incredible. The fans around him were equally bemused by the bout continuing.

"This fucking guy" 

"He's made out of fucking granite"

"He might have to kill him"

In the octagon Marley remained tight in his defence, deflecting Disorder's strikes. He throws out a stinging front leg kick, landing heavily onto The Destroyer's thigh with a resounding thwack. He started to move a little more gingerly on it and Marley followed it up with a nice left hand. 

The klaxon ended the action. They would need the championship rounds to separate the two fighters. Fitting, really, or it would have been in most circumstances, but not tonight for green. He knew the integrity of the whole event was on the line and he couldn't risk having his man take home the gold. 

"Fitz, tell the official to call it the next time Disorder takes a heavy shot" green says leaning into his RHM.

Fitz looks at him, stunned "are you fucking serious?" He asks after several tense seconds. 

"Disorder CANNOT win!" green yelled "We have to fix this!"

Fitz didn't move. green grabbed his arm and implored him again, but he wouldn't budge.

"Haven't you realised yet?" Fitz asked shrugging off his arm.

This threw green...."Realised what?" he said, momentarily puzzled.

"Look at those two guys. They've been to hell. Disorder can't see shit out of his eye. Marley's face will probably never be the same again. Disorder can't walk on his left leg and Marley's probably broken his right hand and a few ribs.."

green sighed, exasperated "so fucking what, Fitz? None of this fucking helps me..."

Fitz spoke slowly and clearly, like delivering a lesson to a child "So nobody in their right mind, except for you anyway, is going to think this was rigged if Disorder wins. This is a fucking battle. Hell, both of these guys deserve to win! Look at what they're putting on the line. Don't you think people can see the effort they've gone to? Does Marley look like he isn't trying? Fuck no. So stop fucking worrying. Whoever wins, wins. They become the champion. Deservedly. Now chill the fuck out."

And green stopped in his tracks. He looked around at the crowd. They were drunk on the violence. There was something primal in it. You couldn't fake this shit. They knew that it was all legitimate and green finally realised that Fitz was right. "Fuck..." he mumbled.

Fitz clapped him on the shoulder "You can apologise to Disorder after. Now, how about cheering for the right fucking guy? The fourth round's about to start!"

Report Post Tip

green couldn't believe what a moron he had been and he had Disorder's integrity to thank for not ruining the whole venture. Everything he had worried about people thinking, he had almost accidentally perpetrated on them. Fortunately, as the fourth round started, the fans were non-the-wiser and were instead captivated by the amazing spectacle both men had put on. green was ashamed of himself.

"Come on General!!" He yelled and the giant looked over at him at ringside. He banged his fist against his chest and green did the same. He felt terrible, but seemingly no long term damage had been done to their friendship.

If Marley was arsed by any of this, he didn't show it. He attacked Disorder as clinically as ever, fast hands and feet sniping through his guard. Disorder responded with solid front leg kicks, deep into Marley's left thigh, causing him to drag it across the canvas. This was the opening he needed and he lunged at it, hooked his arms around it and tipped Marley onto his back for the fourth time.

"Get him!!!" Fitz cried and Disorder didn't hesitate. He mounted Awesome and they traded blows, Marley punching up into Disorder's face and the Destroyer launching them down into his. But Marley was wily, and as Disorder leaned back to deliver a mighty finishing punch, he rolled his hips; off balance, Disorder tumbled off him and they traded positions.

"Oh shit!" This was exactly where Disorder didn't want to be, and he rolled desperately, giving up his back to the Chicago fighter who grasped the opportunity with both hands, landing hooks into Disorder's exposed face. Disorder rolled again, his shoulders touching the floor. Marley continued to land blows on him, but he managed to scrabble free.

Both fighters traded shots from their feet. It was clear that Disorder was the bigger banger but Marley's shots were ruthlessly accurate. Disorder grew tired of the exchanges and drove Marley to the floor again. The technical ability of Marley was there for all to see though as he quickly latched on to Disorder's arm and brought him into a submission.

"Fight it! FIGHT IT!" green screamed worried his man was about to tap out. But moving his huge arms, he managed to switch position and launched a number of solid shots into Marley's face, throwing up even more blood. The rose to their feet. Marley looked a little winded. Disorder threw out a tentative left. Then a right. SUDDENLY HE FOUND A CANNON IN HIS GLOVES. A HUGE RIGHT HAND KNOCKED MARLEY BACK. A MONSTER LEFT BLEW HIS HEAD OFF. He turned 180 degrees in the air and collapsed onto the floor, unconscious.

The official dived in.

green looked at FitzChivalry in disbelief.

The bell sounded. 

Disorder leaped onto the side of the cage and roared his undiluted joy. 

He had done it.

Disorder was the champion.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: King of the Ring - Calling All Fighters!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL