Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 11:56:05
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Watch For Richard_Kuklinski Started by: CmdrSpock on Apr 19, '10 22:04

Richard_Kuklinski is seriously out of control.  He sends messages to all members of his crew threatening us that if we aren't as active as he wants and donating/earning money, he will have us killed, then he kills cptKirk, who brough a majority of his crew in from his IRL friends.  Some of the remaining members are too afraid to even question him because they are worried they are going to get shot.

I've played MR for years (under the name apophis instead of CMDR spock) and i've been in many families, including many in detroit under marietta.  I've done many of the jobs, and have seen many good and bad RHM and LHMs.  CaptKirk was a very good RHM and knew what he was doing.  He never wanted anything except for the success and profit of his family.  This is not to mention the fact that Richard_Kuklinski has not done ANYTHING for the crew.  All of the setup with the witness statement system and even the rules was kirk.  RK even went so far as to copy everything that kirk had done, and paste it again with his own name.

Now, I know this probably means my death, but I'm probably leaving MR anyway because there seems to be no respect or honor left in it, so it won't matter.

I only ask this:

Consider RKs actions.  He was inactive, inattentative, and an oppressive crew leader.  His dishonorable actions have left his crew with members who are not loyal out of respect, but loyal out of fear, members who are too afraid to ask to transfer to another crew because they are worried they will be shot for speaking out.  Running a crew successfully requires respect and trust in both directions.  RK gives none, and demands all.

I have sent this message to both the man who Authed him, the godfather of vegas, and posted a copy on the OOC board.

Hopefully there is some justice left somewhere else in MR, because there appears to be none in Vegas.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

The only thing you can control in life is how you act, and you Spock have just acted like a comlpete asshat. The fact that you still after "years" of playing to not grasp the fundamentals of loyalty and omerta should not surprise me, but it does.

Should it transpire that you do not return (although I think we all know you will) then MR will be all the better for it.

Toodles

Report Post Tip

You put up quite interesting set of expose. The fact that CK was killed may prove your points. Oh well, some people are just like that.

and oh

Wouldnt your comment seems a little one-sided Tayto? I mean, the guy just tell his CL is evil or whatnot and you came saying he is a complete asshat? and you are saying that without legitimate fact or reason to back up your remarks.

Report Post Tip

I'll skip all the tears and anguish and get to the important question.

There's a Godfather of Las Vegas? Since when? We put leaders there to work together, against each other, do whatever they want with the city. None of those who sent members of their family are responsible for them. They severed their ties to our cities when they moved into Las Vegas.

This is the "Mafia", justice is just a word. You work for your boss. Your boss provides you protection. You donate to your family. Your boss rewards you by promoting you. This isn't about YOU, it's about the entire family. We aren't here to hold your hand and roast marshmallows.

Did your friend break family or game rules? If so, there comes a time that no amount of hard work or family can protect someone from being punished for their misdeeds.

Have you been a leader? Do you know what it's like?

Oh wait, you pussied out and retired your character rather than face the backlash of your drivel.

How a leader leads is up to them. If it's so bad there why are others not doing what you did? Why are they not taking the easy way out and moving on?

Report Post Tip

Hey Chuck,

This asshat, tool, disloyal dog...whatever you want to call him, firstly comes forth spouting inane rubbish about the inner goings on of his family, he then proceeds to cry about how his bff has died and that he can no longer cope with the pressure, so he performs yet ANOTHER asshat move and suicides.

Chuck, by all means, you want this guy in your family, then go ahead and sponsor him, me, I think I'll stick with what I consider to be more trustworty mafioso who decline to cry in the forums about the meanies running the game.

Report Post Tip

I guess what I'm wondering is why you went to work for the guy in the first place? He's practically invisible from the streets and a two month old mademan. That right there would make me not even consider approaching him. Maybe you should be a little more picky about who you work for, and you wouldn't find yourself in situations like this.

Report Post Tip

I try to avoid rubbish, but seeing as this one is directed at me (for reasons I completely fail to understand), I'll bite.

He sends messages to all members of his crew threatening us that if we aren't as active as he wants and donating/earning money, he will have us killed

The activity of a member is always a requirement to earn a position within the family. Damn near every crew on MR will have such a requirement. Some decide to make it clear, others simply pop the guys who break a rule they might not even be fully aware of. If a leader goes crazy killing their own guys without reason, I'm sure others would take exception to the poor leadership. Prior to the recent deaths, I'd seen a very low level of family deaths to believe for a second this was the case with any of the LV CL's.

The same requirements are commonly in place for donations/tributes. Money flowing up the ranks is a vital tenant of Cosa Nostra and something I find shocking to see being attacked by someone claiming to understand how things work.

I'm not suggesting that RK did either correctly or incorrectly. I've no knowledge of what mails he sent, how he worded it or what his expectations were in relation to any of the above. But to toss those general comments out there as if they're 'evil' is nonsense. It has the appearance that he simply made the expectations clear, something done to aid the members.

then he kills cptKirk, who brough a majority of his crew in from his IRL friends.  Some of the remaining members are too afraid to even question him because they are worried they are going to get shot.

A member afraid to question a leader? Shock horror... a member shouldn't question the actions of a leader. Regardless of who brought in rl friends or not (have to say, admitting I have zero knowledge of any of the information in this thread, but it does have a sense of 'boohoo he killed my buddy'), when a leader hears suggestions/rumours/proof of a planned coup against them (as I've been told, again, something I've no knowledge of personally nor do I care to have any) they're going to react.

I've played MR for years (under the name apophis instead of CMDR spock) and i've been in many families, including many in detroit under marietta.  I've done many of the jobs, and have seen many good and bad RHM and LHMs.  CaptKirk was a very good RHM and knew what he was doing.  He never wanted anything except for the success and profit of his family.  This is not to mention the fact that Richard_Kuklinski has not done ANYTHING for the crew.  All of the setup with the witness statement system and even the rules was kirk.  RK even went so far as to copy everything that kirk had done, and paste it again with his own name.

If you're going to name drop in the aim of getting credit for past accounts, it works better if I've heard of that nick before. Possibly I know a few characters you've had, but can't say that name rings a single bell for me. Having said that, for someone who is saying they have done 'many of the jobs'... some of the errors and misguided thinking you have shown in this post astounds me. I'm not attacking you, I don't know you from Adam and you're possibly a good player with genuine concerns, but some of the things you've said here (and the fact that you chose to say them at all in this manner) astound me. If there are/were genuine issues, to think this is the only/best way to handle them? Really? It isn't a CL's job to hold your hand, be your best friend, entertain you and make sure you have a happy fun day. It's their job to lead in the game. If you don't like how they lead, don't be there. It's that simple. I'm not saying RK is a good leader.. but from some of the claims you've made I'll say two things are for sure. You're mistaken on what you believe is wrong in some cases and you've done zero to show a leader has done wrong in others.

Success and profit of his family? I've heard more than one suggestion that contradicts that one bub. I'm not saying they're true, nor do I have any wish to investigate them, but if a CL hears complaints/coup plans/bitching from a member... it will have consequences. Given your own comments thus far, it smacks of a "I'm doing more than he is, I should take over". I'm not saying it is the case, again... nor do I care, but it certainly gives some substance to the suggestions I have heard to date.

As for the work put in by the RHM... heh, chat to Scarin or Mikado. Ask them how much work I put in vs. what I get/got from them as RHM. Deligation is a skill. Doing it to a level where your RHM doesn't resent it is certainly a challenge, but to suggest that things like having a RHM draft threads is 'exceptional' or 'wrong'... again, nonsense.

Now, I know this probably means my death, but I'm probably leaving MR anyway because there seems to be no respect or honor left in it, so it won't matter.

Seeing someone run to OOC to make a thread like this leads me to agree with you to a certain extent. If any/all of the above claims are true, simple solution... do something about it. If some of the suggestions of a planned coup are true, then you guys and your irl friends almost had the right idea... but poor effort on the execution of it. 

Consider RKs actions.  He was inactive, inattentative, and an oppressive crew leader.  His dishonorable actions have left his crew with members who are not loyal out of respect, but loyal out of fear, members who are too afraid to ask to transfer to another crew because they are worried they will be shot for speaking out.  Running a crew successfully requires respect and trust in both directions.  RK gives none, and demands all.

Too afraid to ask to transfer? Deeze. Are you serious? I'd kill in a heartbeat for someone requesting a transfer. At this stage, many of the things you're saying are actually making me think he's doing a smashing job as a leader... but again, I neither know nor overly care exactly what is happening with any Las Vegas family. They opperate indepentantly of New York or any other city. As the old saying goes... what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! Until they step on the toes of each other or any other city, I really have no wish for the dirty laundry to be tossed in my direction.

Respect in both directions is required? Again, not at all. If someone can keep control via fear or anything else, it's whatever works for them. I personally wouldn't take that route, building friendships etc will lead to far more long term loyalty and provide better results, but it's down to the individual how they choose to act/interact/lead and they deal with the consequences of each daily. Most of the successful CL's will have earned respect/trust/etc over a long time. It's a very common trait for good CL's to show respect to everyone. However, it's up to a leader how they wish to treat those below them. If they choose to use the stick rather than the proverbial carrot, it's their call.

If a leader fails to hold the respect, loyalty, trust etc etc of their members, they'll no doubt suffer horribly for it. I've no idea what is happening within the HQ walls there, but to see claims tossed out by someone obviously upset about the death of a friend isn't exactly the most damning evidence I've ever seen. The fact that members were planning a coup (again, I can't say for sure any/they were... nor do I care... but from the jist of the entire thread I'm starting to get the feeling it is infact true) suggests that there were issues there. How much of those are down to bad leadership, how much down to personality clashes and how much down to bad members I guess we'll just have to guess at.

One thing is for sure, seeing someone coming crying to the OOC with all sorts of rants and claims isn't going to colour my opinion of anyone... other than the person doing the posting. It isn't something that provides you any benefit, it simply makes you look a bit dim. Again, I'm not defending RK as a leader, he could very well be entirely evil and the worst leader eva! But I certainly don't see a single fact here that shows it. 

Report Post Tip

Le fucking sigh here. I'm(just like DLS<3) going to skip straight to the important shit, as I'm quite tired, and have better things to do be doing.(Alright, who am I kidding, no I don't, but sleep wins either fucking way.)

"There's a Godfather of Las Vegas? Since when?" - I must also double that statement. I had a talk with Deimne, whom you claimed to have talked with, and I also talked with Richard, and the former LH, Mortuis. First off, the claims of talking to Deimne are mainly false from what he tells me, the conversation barely occurred, let alone went into ANY depth at all other than "Ohey I haz problem with my leader," which was met with a swift "So... Talk to them about it?" Kudos Deimne, I owe you a cookie or two. In any case, your ignorance befuddles me, as I'm quite sure(again, as DLS said earlier, excuse me for echoing,) that it was made clear that we were put there as equals.

Now, to move on to the sexy beast of a RH to the aforementioned DLS, FlyingPig. "I guess what I'm wondering is why you went to work for the guy in the first place?" - This, I must say, is a double sided coin in my opinion. While I agree that being a two month old Made Man looks horrid, if we were to shoot every lazy bastard who didn't rank as fast as us, we'd thin out the community quite a bit(not necessarily a bad thing, as obviously these are the members who either don't truly have time for this, or just can't be trusted to promote.)

Now, moving on to things directly said by you:

"He sends messages to all members of his crew threatening us that if we aren't as active as he wants and donating/earning money, he will have us killed" - Where's the proof? Where is the hard, tangible evidence that these things actually happened? I'm not just talking a forwarded mail, because those can EASILY be fucked with[don't call me a hypocrite in a moment,] but evidence such as; a screen shot of the mail, other members other than yourself and the ex LH saying these things, etc etc. We as leaders are hardly going to take these claims seriously from no named C's(going back to what Deimne said about name dropping - lulwho?).

"Consider RKs actions. He was inactive, inattentative, and an oppressive crew leader" - How can you make claims like such, when he has only been set up for about two weeks? While he may not be as active as other CL's(and by others, lets be honest, I mean most,) he's still about enough to appear important. I(just as Deimne) can't say whether Kuku is a good leader or not, personally I've never had more than a few words with the man either via MM or PM.

"CaptKirk was a very good RHM and knew what he was doing" - Woah, wait wot? If that isn't patting yourself on the back with a gold star I don't know what is. How can you be a judge of a good RHM when none of us have ever heard of you? It shocks me that RK and his former RH were together, as from the minimal amounts I've talked to Kuku, he does seem like an intelligent person, and someone who would pick a GOOD RH. You may be wondering how I know his former RH was horrid, and here's why. Since when does a "good" RHM try and take out their own leader, after being Made with them, and only seeing how they led for about two weeks? If he weren't 100% sure he was right for the job FROM THE GET-GO, then I'm quite unsure on why he accepted the offer, or why RK invited him to begin with. My own RHM, Kizzy, I've known, RP'd with, and been very close with for the better part of a year, whereas it seems those only really "worked" together for two weeks. I would feel comfortable(except for the stomach/headaches that would ensue from withdraw,) signing off for four days and letting her lead my crew. Could he have said the same for his RH?

Now, I'm truly not bashing Kuku here, but it would do him very much good to come out here and try to explain why I got this mail from his LH(Again, going back to the whole not calling me a fucking hypocrite, as I'll have Kizzy vouch for me that this is real, as well as post a screen shot for you disbelieving whores)

"greetings.
captain kirk will be making this same pitch to kerrrupt sometime today or tomorrow.

kirk and myself have watched richard_kuklinski run this crew for almost two weeks now. he has given orders that cannot be completed within the rules. he also has no grasp of what is possible. he has multiple times punished crew members for things out fo his control.

with all this in mind, it is the opinion of captain_kirk and myself that richard_kuklinski is not suited to command and should be replaced. we spoke to godfather deimne, who chose not to intervine either way. i belive that captain_kirk should be given control of the crew, and would like you and kerrrupt to support us in this move.

thank you, mortuis."

I was quite lost at what to do with this mail, as I've never quite experienced something like this. So, I did what I thought was right, and forwarded it to Richard. Whether it was the right move, the wrong move, whichever, I am glad I did. On his behalf, he handled it promptly. While some may argue I should've let it stay within the family, think of it this way - if you

Report Post Tip

were a CL and your RH/LH were going to try and bring you down, wouldn't you want a heads up? (God damn computers fucking shit up.)

Report Post Tip

Mystery, it is one thing to be a lazy, mute, slow-ranking bastard. It is quite another to be one who leads a family. Leaders should not be inactive. Once upon a time that was a given. How can you be trusted to handle the affairs of your family if you are not around to do it?

I'm not defending the mongs who came out here to whine. I'm not saying they are entirely wrong, either. In my opinion, all parties involved are fucktards. Kuklinski should not be a CL, but the guys who are whining saying that he should be removed are some pathetic bitches. Why in the fuck are they writing letters trying to get him removed? How fucking hard is it to train a gun that can kill a semi-inactive, barely protected Mademan? It should take about two weeks. Do it yourselves and stop making yourselves look like fools.

Report Post Tip

I believe FlyingPig has hit the nail on the head, instead of ranting to everyone you should have trained your gun and took him out yourself. Yes, there is no doubt you will have died after but at least you would have shown initiative and took care of the problem yourself instead of hoping someone will do it for you.

Report Post Tip

Well my opinion is... if a CL is too lazy to rank up in order to help his own members to be able to rank under him, i would'nt mind beeing shot and having to start over. Especially if the CL in question is Made Man, come on man... how long does it take a active member to become Made Man. Not long enough to stand for lazyness. I would simple ask this CL to drop me in the account that i am not happy and i want to work someplace else. The worse thing he would do... is shoot me. So what? You die, you start over! It is far better than whinning about it. And if you are sooo experience, you should'nt be complaining. That solves the lazyness thing.

Now as RHM if you are requirement to do the work, i assume you are referring to your HQ. Like setting it up and such... you are RHM, this is normal. Clearly you dont know what beeing a CL emplies, i would never question my CL... with all the daily issues she has to deal with. Keeping her members happy is a lot of work. Sometimes a CL has to shoot his/her own members in order to set the example but doing so have a negative effect on him/her as the defense level and such. If a war breaks, it could be the difference between life and death for the entire family. So the decisions are not as simple as you are emplying.

As i see it Richard_Kuklinski is active, in fact he is on right now. And he had to be in order to gain CL especially from Deimne. Deimne would'nt grant captaincy to a lazy member. He is smarter than that. I put myself in Deimne's shoes and i would deffinetaly find what you said insulting. Because you are attacking Deimne directly. If you are as experienced as you say, you surely would of taken a different route. As RHM, you should of been able to solve it directly with RK. A RHM is normaly very influencial. The CL knows who is in charge when he is sleeping. The RHM position is extremely powerful and you should of used your influenced instead of taking this route of setting your point. I work my ass of as LHM and i never complain about it. In fact i love doing stuff and showing the family i am there for them. Because even if my CL would put his/her name on my work, people knows where it came from and the CL is normaly descent enough to give you the credit for your good work. And why would the CL put his name on it, if you are referring to family rules... they have better impact when it comes from the head boss and not a hand man. In my book, it has to come from the CL... but he/she does'nt have to actualy write them up... but approve them so he/she cant re-inforce them properly. Rules are the back bone of the entire family. If i were you, i would of rejoyced to beeing able to be a RHM again and someday, you could of yourself been auth'd for Crew Leading.

But now, how is someone going to trust you. Knowing that the lesson has'nt been learned. I hope by reading this, you will see things differently. It is never good to be egoistic in this thing of ours.
Now that is my political advice... but of course FlyingPig's way works as well, when you have no other choice that is. It is simply about solving your own issues... like a man usualy does! And not go crying about it in OOC.

Report Post Tip

Ok folks, here's what really happened.  I was going to issue a statement on the streets but here is where the debate is.

When I was given Auth to set up in LV, I was going on holiday.  I advised the GF's of this and it was decided I'd go ahead anyway and I'd delegate duties to my RH and LH, who had been assigned to me.  I duly did this.  They didn't do too bad a job to start.  At all times they were aware that I could rarely be on.  I also advised the other LV CL's of this.

Then the volcano struck, which added a few more days.  Then I got home.

And then I was advised that my LH and RH were plotting against me.  I did what any CL would have done and dealt with the problem.  The accusations levelled at me - that I made unreasonable demands etc are idiotic.  I kept everyone aware at all times of what was happening. 

I was going to remove my LH from his position for insubordination anyway when I got word of what happened.  As coups go - it was amateurish.

Now I've re-grouped and look forward to working with the other LV leaders and the GF's of the city.

The writer of thus thread was a disgrunted friend of Captian_Kirk, one who was a low earner and wouldn't be missed anyway.  I left him alive to give him a chance.  He took the easy way out.

Spock's gibberish about my demands etc are just plain silly.  I asked my LH and RH to undertake leadership tasks - nothing more.

I now consider this matter closed.

Report Post Tip

Well it's good to have you back RK and good to know you have cleaned your HQ hehe. Good work!

Report Post Tip

It's good to be back!

LV wouldn't be LV without a bit of trouble.  But the friend of a few executed morons with nothing to say except how terrible it was being trusted with responsability shouldn't really have elicited such a response from so many high rankers!  What he said was playground finger pointing.  But still, this is MR - who would have it any other way?

Report Post Tip

"Deimne would'nt grant captaincy..."
Sneak, I think you need to be a bit more aware of your surroundings. Do you even know what "Captaincy" means? How can RK be a captain to a guy in another city?
And you have no idea of the terms and characteristics of the people sent to LV either. So you are better off just trying to speak of what you see and know and not what you may think you do as you sometimes end with your foot in your mouth.

And please explain to me how I am misinterpreting your words when I think you just told the RHM of your Godfather that you find what he said insulting. (I mean, I *must* be misinterpreting as I don't think you would do such a thing, right?)

Report Post Tip

I think he was only making a safe assumption, since whenever I post something I am usually insulting someone.

Report Post Tip

There are cerain problems to the environment that you describe, but only to a certain extent. An amount of fear is good to keep your control over those under you. I can also say that I wouldn't want inactives in my crew (if I were to have ever been put as one) and would like them to donate regularly. Now, if he were to demend something like "pay 300,000 to me per day and bring your computer to the bathroom" then there would be a forseeable problem, but there is little in having a healthy amount of power and fear. However it may be that he was off to a VERY slow start, he is now more active, as I see him on commonly. Then again, I don't hear everything that everyone says to each other, so I can't say that I know all of the details. Not to mention that fact that anyone that doesn't like his/her leader is better off suiciding or taking care of the matter him/herself.

Report Post Tip

Just for the record - I never threatened anyone with death!  That's not the way to do it.  I offered credits and IA kills to top earners and asked for explanations and notifications if guys were going to IA for more than a few days.  I told my RH him going IA would result in me appointing someone else RHM, at least temporarily.

My house is now in order - because I'm in OOC I an exprapolate on why I wasn't active

Report Post Tip

To be honest, I wouldn't bother explaining yourself.

If important people are dissatisfied with the job you're doing, it is likely you'll know about it. Everyone else is kind of irrelevant.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Watch For Richard_Kuklinski
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL