Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 17:50:12
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Anselmo's Diner Started by: Anselmo on Apr 27, '10 20:08

You enter the greasy-spoon joint and are immediately greeted with the aroma of sizzling breakfast foods. The counter has not been wiped in some time and the coffee appears irregularly black and old. A mouse scurries from behind the counter, notices you, and scurries back. Anselmo stands behind the counter with his back to you, working a flat-surfaced grittle style grill. A desert shelf enclosed in smeared glass houses half a rubarb pic and what appears to be a fresh blueberry pie. The board above the grill reads "Today's Special:", but has nothing written after it. Anselmo turns around and looks at you disinterested, then turns back to the grill to flip his pancakes and turn his eggs pausing occasionally to swat at a mosquito with his spatula

Report Post Tip

Kikuchiyo staggers into the diner with bags under his eyes

Morning Anselmo, how about some eggs over easy and a truck load of bacon...and I'll take a coffee as well, but try not to ash your cigarette in it this time.

Kikuchiyo grabs a seat by the door and realizes that the floor is awefully sticky this morning

Report Post Tip

Looking around the place, if one will even call it a 'place', but hey a beggar can't be choosers and her old friend K-neynes is such a cheap fellow and all he allows for her to pickpocket is 18 bucks.

Anseeeelllllllmmmmoooo!!!!! Viole howled for the guy looks out of moon staring blankly at nowhere exactly. When Anselmo still not look at violet, she nudge him.

Hey you, well I cannot really say 'fancy thing you have here' since that does not suit you. What food do you cater here anyway?

Report Post Tip

Anselmo turns around to the counter upon hearing his first two customers of the day come in. Arms crossed, he gives them each a courteous nod, speaking to Kikuchiyo first.

Good morning, Kikuchiyo. I'd love to help you out on this fine day but my unfortunately I am on my break. You do look tired though, Kikuchiyo. You should really get some breakfast.

Anselmo turns to violet to answer her question regarding the fine menu at Anselmo's Diner

Well violet, we serve primarily things like eggs, pancakes, bacon, and fine sausages from Our Friends in Chicago. But during breakfast hours we generally don't serve any food. Store policy. Don't ask me why. I have no good explanation for you.

Anselmo shrugs and goes back to swatting flies with his spatula. He kills one!!!!

Report Post Tip

Hungry after drinking at his associate SINGER's bar Sero stumbled out walking down the street with his bodyguards he walked into Anselmo's Diner. Once he got in the door he looked around for an empty seat he surprisingly found one at the counter. He walked over and took a seat as a server came over to take his order.

'I will start with a black coffee you know what can you get them one as well.' He said as he pointed to his bodyguards who were taking seats on either side of Serotonin. The server came back with the coffees than Sero said. 'Can I get a menu please.'

Report Post Tip

Stone breezes into Anselmo`s establishment,wafting the bluebotles from his path........

"Greetings and Blessings,and congratulations on your entry in the Travelling Goomba`s Guide" said Stone as he watched his good friend`s expert handling of the spatula.

"I`ve heard that there are occasions you serve food in here?,I`d die for a bacon,egg and sausage sandwich............any chance?"

Stone stood at the counter hoping he had timed his visit in line with Anselmo`s desire to serve a customer when,he noticed something,

near the kitchen doorway,something he`d never seen before.........

"What`s that?" he asked ........"It`s a cockroach" replied Anselmo........."No,that....there" said Stone......."what,the two dog`s fucking" replied Anselmo....."no,behind them....there"said Stone

"Oh thats a stuffed Pelican" replied Anselmo.

There was a lull in the conversation at that point and Stone stood a while looking at Anselmo,not caring whether he was fed or enlightened..............

Report Post Tip

After an uncomfortable silence between Stone and Anselmo, Anselmo turns to Serotonin.

Hello Serotonin. Thank you for visiting my establishment here in the fine city of Detroit. This is a Friend of Ours Stone. So... one breakfast sandwich for you Stone, and a round of coffees for you and the bodyguards, right Serotonin? Coming right up. After I use the bathroom though. I'll be right back

Anselmo heads into the rest room and dissapears for the next 20 minutes

Report Post Tip

Grumbled under her breathe, that Anselmo is really a sour grape.

Well since it is no longer breaakfasssttt, cook me up some bacon and eggs, and if you have croissant that will be wonderful. And some chocolate milk too. Thanks. Do hurry up , ok. I do not have the whole day, sitting and gawking at your muscled body.

Violet snickers thinking she is totally cool in saying those last words. She taps her foot while waiting for almost eternity for Anselmo to cook something.

Oh, and Anselmo sweety, please do not give me stomach ache because of the way you cook.  She smiled innocently .

Report Post Tip

Harmony saunters in and takes a seat. Not even bothering to order she props her feet up on the chair across from her.

Hey Anselmo! How are you? Can I have a glass of water?

Giggling she pulls out a file and does her nails while she waits.  

Report Post Tip

Hello Harmony, how are you on this fine afternoon? We are unfortunately all out of water. Perhaps I could interest you in something else?

Anselmo turns to violet

Bacon, eggs and chocolate milk sounds great violet, but I think I can fix you up something a little better than that

Anselmo gives violet a pleasant wink

How about a grilled cheese sandwich?

Anselmo steps away from the counter and returns moments later with a plate

Unfortunately our grill is not working, but here's a piece of cheese and two slices of bread. Not quite a grilled cheese sandwich but its just as good. By the way I am kind of busy so you'll have to put the sandwich together yourself.

Anselmo puts the plate of cheese and bread in front of violet and sits down in a chair in the corner

I never knew the Diner business could be so tiring. I think I'm ready for anopther break!

Report Post Tip

Leela walks into Anselmo's Diner, looking around and sees violet staring at her plastic cheese and bread. Leela smiles then sits on a stool at the counter. The place smells of grease, burnt coffee, and smelly men. 

Hey Anselmo, where's my date? Do you have any coffee that isn't burnt? With some Skim Milk? Or anything that doesn't have plastic around it? 

Leela smiles pleasantly while continuing to eye Anselmo's dump...Always with the shanties, when is he ever going to learn?

Report Post Tip

Lordian enters the diner and places his hat and coat on a stool next to where he sits. He takes one look around, pulls the Detriot News out of his coat pocket and begins to read.

"When you get a chance bud, I'll have a cup o coffe and some o them burnt pancakes you got there."

He says in a thick brooklyn italian accent. He folds one corner of the paper to take a quick look at Leela before shrugging and going back to reading.

Report Post Tip

Falcon stood at the door of the dinner, pistol in hand. The slight smell of gunpowder hung in the air. Everyone in the dinner grew quiet as he walked into the bar, gun in one hand, dead rat in the other. Well, on second thought, did rats really get that damn big. He stopped at the end of the counter and dropped the rat into the trashcan. Without a word, he disapeared into the mens room for 30 some odd minutes. As he walked out, a foul, retched smell followed him. A lady near the bathroom vomited onto her plate.

Falcon's long time friend Anselmo looked less than pleased. The dangling ashes from his cigarette where coming nearer and nearer to the plate he was fixing. The customers had long since grown used to the taste of ashes in their food. None of them bared question the pyscho behind the counter.

Bacon, and lots of it Demanded Falcon. He was hungry, like that was a shock.

Report Post Tip

Harmony smiles pleasantly at Anselmo.

How can you not have water? Seriously Anselmo how could you not?

She taps her foot impatiently.  

Report Post Tip

Blair watches the customers waiting to order and rolls her eyes. Just got hired to that…restaurant…with the creepy decoration. The place is just crowded with impatient and definitely hungry people. She catches her hair with a hair band and then goes to the first table to get the order. In no time she gets all the orders to her boss who grills the “food” while the ring bells to welcome a new customer..

Report Post Tip

Bliss walked inside the diner.. After hearing convincing murmurs about the place, he was well disappointed... He tried to hang his coat on a coat hanger which revealed itself to be the handle to the back office... Hmprh... He took his coat and hung it on the chair he would sit on had it not been for the leftover cheese of a previous customer... After wiping the seat, he sat and got ready to place an order from this God forsaken place... 

Hi.. Ehm.. Hello....

The waitress struck him with her gorgeousness and elegance.. He was speechless for a second...

YEah well, uhm, can I have a toast and a coffeee please?

Report Post Tip

Blair reached the bar to serve a coffee to a cute girl with curly hair before she greets the new customer. She saw him to clean up the chair before he sat on and felt embarrassed to happen that in her time working. She went close and spoke with the eyes on his face.

“Hi…ehm…Hello” she told shyly.

“YEah well, uhm, can I have a toast and a coffeee please?”

“Okay. Thank you” she replied and went back to the bar.

“I want a toast and a coffee. Make it hot Mr.Anselmo.” she told to her boss wanting to take care of that handsome man.

“Ready.” She heared Al from the bar. She took from the bench the toast which looked dry and a coffee as cold as ice.

“Probably Anselmo didn’t hear my asking” she thought making a creepy sound with her teeth. On the way to his table some of the coffee spilled on the plate so she dried it up with her shirt feeling as silly as ever.

Report Post Tip

There was something about this new waitress.. I mean, nothing was out of the ordinary.. The coffee was cold as always, the toast was soggy, the table was wobbly... But that waitress... That was the only reason Bliss would come back to this dump day after day... The only words they ever exchanged were "That will be 9.95... ok, here's a ten.. ok, I'll bring you back the change" Somehow he felt like they were building a relationship, but what was going on in his mind??? He needed to step out of it...

Thank you darling, could you get me that ashtray please?

Bliss pondered the words in his mind and came to a conclusion.... The waitress and I would never make a good couple... I would have to start tipping for good, nonetheless we would have to start dating... All the strings and responsibilities started to fill the puzzle in his mind.... Maybe he was only in love because of the social apartheid between the two???

Bliss made the decision and walked into Anselmo's office to have a chat about the future of this young lady... After a few minutes of friendly chatter, they reached an agreement... 

Report Post Tip

It was out of her hand to stop thinking of that man. He was a real gentleman every time they spoke. Not much words but the way he talked made her melt from the beginning. He didn't like the coffee or the food here since all of that was low quality and dirty…only thugs and low lives prefer that shop and not for the food but for the prices. She hoped desperately to see him again and again.

“Thank you darling, could you get me that ashtray please?”
“Of course sir.” She said with the eyes on the table…too shy to look at him in the eyes again. She placed a metal small plate full of rust on his table considering the darling-thing he just said. Maybe he meant something else…who ever like this gentleman could like a waitress of that shop.
“Blair” she heard her boss again calling her for the next order.
"Be right there” she said walking the way to bar. She served the creepy hamburger that a dirty thug wanted and some ladies their coffees. They probably liked Anselmo.
She looked again the man guessing his name inside her. He saw him light on a cigarette and walk straight in her boss’ office with a serious look on his face..

Report Post Tip

After his first encounter with the place, not at all eager to go back, Lordian walks in and places his fedora hat on the seat of a bar stool, and his trench coat on the back of it before sitting in the stool next to it. Without looking over the menu, he spots a new face since last time, one that simply doesn't belong here. She's got a bright cheeerful look to her eyes and a bounce in her step.

"That girl is either pregnant or in love, heh maybe both." he mutters to himself before grabbing her attention.

"Excuse me miss, could I bother you for a cup of coffee to start with and then, whatever won't kill me for some food?" He waits patiently for the stone cold cup of coffee and keeps his eye on this young lady without seeming too suspicious.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Anselmo's Diner
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL