Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 21:01:11
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: 3 Contracts 48 Hours Started by: Squishy on May 15, '10 10:23

With the increase in natural IAs, we felt it was safe to increase the number of MIAs available.  As of now, you an do 3 in a 48 hour period.

Report Post Tip

Great change... thanks!

Report Post Tip

I don't like this at all. Don't see the need for it. I thought the reason MIAs got introduced was because with the lack of IAs it was hard to train your gun. But now with an increase in IA's and with NPC popping up I don't see the reasoning in increasing the MIA amount at all.

Report Post Tip

I agrea with Snip... I feel there is no need for that increase

Report Post Tip

Another addition to the big guns there are.  There is no longer an art to training the gun.  Any bum fresh off the boat can go out and get a cannon without any hassle seeing as they can buy 3 MIAs, all of the NPCs that litter our shores, and increased IAs.  This is most definitley taking away the excitement that was once, being a true hitter.

Your world though.

Report Post Tip

I don't know, this allows more to be able to be hitters, and hopefully it'll allow us to kill off year old accounts with God knows how many BG's. Some people can't wake up in the middle of the night for a IA. I like this change.

Report Post Tip

It allows more people to be hitters.

I disagree. It allows unskilled mobsters to gain a gun and do something stupid with it. Theres being a hitter and theres being a wo/man with a gun. The difference is massive.

Being a hitter is more than having a certain amount of kills. I'd say that a shot taken by a hitter is only 10% of the work he should be doing. I'll let you figure out the other 90%..

Report Post Tip

MIA's bought with credits, IA's and TD's are free. Do the math. I like the change personally.

Report Post Tip

Oh my god.. Awesome change Squishy. This will really have people happy.

Report Post Tip

Brilliant change. Gets a big thumbs up from me!

Report Post Tip

Anyways.. as there is a small debate going about I think I should join. Obviously due to my last speech I like the change.

I can understand where many people are coming from and people say.. Ahh its easy for new people to train up now. However not all new people are going the get their hands on credits easy. Also with the sudden surge and the little help of the game change for IA's more people are going to become hitters hense more people working on the IA's.

With this that means that it will once again become 'tougher' to build you gun. So.. with this minor change to having an extra MIA that will compensate for the surge of new hitters too.

We all know that its not tough to find Inactives these days.. post about a bit and you can see them with no problem. So.. one thing we have to remember..

More natural IA's = More hitters = Less chance of getting those IA's. So.. add the extra MIA to it and it kinda evens it out again.

I know many people will disagree with me here no doubt but this is my personal feeling on the point. Im not saying that what I say is the 100% truth and what happens everyday and will happen its just a fine example of what could and 'more' likely will happen. Feel free to express what you think over mine but.. what a lot of people forget these days is..

Our way of life is much more different now. We have a quieter life and don't have war every week or two. So.. this allows time to build up big guns etc... we have to remember that times change and in ways.. they have changed for the best and we have some very great ancestors to thank for the change.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with Advantage and Snip.

This further erodes the effort dedicated hitters give and automates the process even more obscenely, which was once as close to a skill as one could get playing this game. I had hoped with the addition of a daily IA spawning, that made potential kills available to all, there wouldn't be a need to make things "easier".

Rather then just sit here and complain, I'm going to ask something as well.

Now that 45 kills is an easy goal for a player to reach after one month and 90 after two and so on, with absolutely no real racing or adding in Durden spawns, will there be a subsaquent adjustment to Defense to counterbalance?

Report Post Tip

I agrea with Robert! there should be an increase in DP as well to balance it up, even with all the OWP's out there with this change in the game... OWP's will just become P's

Report Post Tip

Am not a big fan of this to, I think 2 MIAs is enough.

Report Post Tip

Oh another thing I suggest to counterbalance this. Obviously what my opinion was is just a personal opinion and something which I think will happen. Its not a fact however so.. to help Counterbalance this a proper way is to perhaps increase the Wackback chance on MIA's even more perhaps?

Report Post Tip

Firstly, Advantage, if you want to say being a true hitter does not exist anymore on an IA hunt, it hasn't for awhile. It's been all about luck in a race for about a year now. Secondly, back about a year or two ago there were almost double the amount of IAs that there are now with the increase, NPCs and MIAs.

This just makes the game balance out more like it use to between shooters/victims. Also it will help prevent stagnancy. These days a lot of mafiosi are on defense answers therefor making it harder to kill and longer time between wars.

When was the last time a rogue actually did a heavy amount of damage(not that I promote/want this)?

When was the last time we saw a true power change between leaders (not that I want this either)?

All I'm saying is people will build their guns a little faster. I use to average 8-12 IA kills a day on a good day and about 4-7 on average days. It's cut in half, easily simply because more people are killing than ever.

Report Post Tip

In reply to Scandia, there's already quite a few people training as is that don't know what being a hitter is. In reality it would take a 500 kill gun, godfather and pure wack answers as well as 100 or so bgs so stand a chance to truly change the game.

Those that have a gun that is deadily like that all know exactly what it means to be a hitter and the responsibility of it.

I think we should see if this extra kill really changes the game before saying everyones going to go wack happy and start popping each other left and right.

Report Post Tip

Whilst I disagree with this, I would strongly urge against any subsequent knee-jerk increase in defence to counteract it. That would negate the entire point of increasing this to begin with.

The balance is wrong, but increasing both sides of the scales evenly will just maintain the imbalance and resolve nothing.

Report Post Tip

Considering there is no skill to being a hitter anymore this doesn't really make a difference does it. I used to argue that it make things easy for idiots but given that shooting is completely random on natural IAs it's all just chance.Strong argument that jailbreaking is harder than shooting these days. Moo.

Report Post Tip

All I can say is that the admin is really doing their work in favor of masses. They made this change, maybe because many people wants to shoot more.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: 3 Contracts 48 Hours
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL