Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 21:39:46
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Mort's Tailoring Started by: Mort on Mar 31, '17 17:40

Tentacion entered the shop that his now perished father used to own. Every little detail in the shop was the same and brought back fond memories for Tentacion. He had flashbacks to the days of when he was a child circling the shop while his dad was making suits for the nearby mobsters. As he was reminiscing he was snapped out of his stupor by Alberto. One of his fathers closest companions that assumed control over the shop when his dad passed. 

''Alberto! The man I've been searching for! How have you been? I see you've been taking great care of the business. My dad would be proud. Anyways I haven't came here strictly to catch-up. I've came here to talk business. As you see, my suit is a lil' obsolete. I've been wearing it for some time now and I believe it's time I redesigned. You should make one for your old amigo? I don't have any requirements. I'll give your creative personality a chance to chip away at something for me. 

Tentacion sat back in the cushioned seat behind him and took out a cigarette -  Waiting for Alberto to work up an idea for him.

Report Post Tip

Tentacion!

AlbertoTomba intensely hugged the Mort's son, as he had not seen him for several hours, after leaving TheNihilist's HQ.

Of course, it will be my pleasure to do that for you! The next days will be very busy, hiding eggs and all.. As you may know, I play Easter bunny as a third job, because well.. I also took over this dicing habit of your late father's, and uhm.. well.. I need more income.

So it will take a couple of days, but you are top of my list :)

Report Post Tip

Rumour had it that his crewmate KatarinaGenovese was looking for something different to wear, so AlbertoTomba started the day early. He was pretty nervous about it, because uhm.. well.. She was Katarina from Genoa.

Not much later, he finished two possible suits, but he felt the obscene one was not obscene enough and the other was a bit too shallow for his crewmate. He laid http://imgur.com/a/6ynQ3 and http://imgur.com/AJstNZi aside and grabbed some vintage fabric, dusted it off and stitched something together again. http://imgur.com/a/ikCuM

I will continue after her comments, he said, as he got to work with his next project for now.

Report Post Tip

Alberto turned to Tentacion.

I know you a little bit more than a little, buddy.. and I know you are not easy to satisfy, so I assume you will probably kick my ass back to the sewing machine I confiscated when your dad died, as soon as you open this package..

..so..

AlbertoTomba stood up, threw http://imgur.com/a/9mHP8 towards Mort's son and sprinted out of the shop, cross the street, and into the first strip bar he could find..

He slowed his pace, turned into a private section and sighed. Time for a 'beer'..

Report Post Tip

AlbertoTomba stood outside of his shop..

Having mainly done some in the shady circuits lately, he contemplated closing the official shop.

He still had a suit for Gamer laying there, ready to be picked up http://imgur.com/a/cF3z0.

He wondered if it had to do with the amount of honest money being around on the streets.. Or were people just ignoring him? He saw KatarinaGenovese passing by, as if she had restriction order to come near the place.. Alberto stepped inside and sat down on his sewing kit, yelled, stood up and sat down on his sewing machine to think for a bit..

Report Post Tip

Heat he fucking hated heat, made his shoes stick to everything. He had been slipped a card from a crew member with this address and a recommendation for decent suits, he hoped the sticky squelching sound from his feet wasn't too obvious as he entered.

The place appeared empty...there way a little bell he noticed so he rang it loudly whilst trying not to become stuck to floor and waited...

Report Post Tip

The bell was connected to a little string, which was pulled by the motion of the bell, it made a drawer of a skewed locker open on the top shelf and a tiny package slid out, slid over the string and smoothly landed on the desk, just in front of Mr_Bassett: http://imgur.com/a/HKi4g

It held a note saying Sorry, I ate the rest..

Report Post Tip

Feeling utterly used and pissed off at the very poor - actually absent level of any kind of customer service at all. Opens the package, ignores the nibble marks but really likes the rest.

Is now unsure what to do about payment as no person is in sight. He leaves some notes by the bell and rushes back to the HQ to try it on, unsure if he will ever return to this strange place again....

Report Post Tip

As AlbertoTomba entered the shop on this lovely sunny morning, he tapped the Open/Closed sign around.. He looked at the sign and was puzzled for a moment, mumbling

Did I just flip it to Closed..?

It made him think for a bit.. He was wondering if it had been turned to the wrong side all the time, or just the last couple of days.. He walked out, noticed when it said Closed from the outside that it in fact said Open on the inside.

He didn't even bother to mumble anymore, he just spoke..
Damn, I am a stupid fuck.. Took me weeks to find that out! Fucking High-Tech!

After his flipsign adventure, he properly entered, and encountered a note from Mr_Bassett on the counter..

Maybe the time isn't right for drive-in-suits yet. He decided to give him a call to check if the hastily made suit did fit at all..

Report Post Tip

TonyllTacito had been walking around the streets for far too long now in nothing but his birthday suit and had decided it was high time he invested some cash in a proper set of threads.

He'd overheard a rumour that a top class Tailors were being run by a apprentice now, so deciding that he liked to give the learners out there a chance decided that would be the place for his custom.

It was a small thing but upon turning up outside Mort's Tailoring he noticed that the sign said 'Open'.

"Always a good start" he thought.

As he entered he saw the apprentice AlbertoTomba working his magic on some quality materials. As AlbertoTomba greeted him and asked what he could do to help, Tony went to explain what he was wanting and remembered that he was in fact mute. So just looked down at his current Birthday suit and looked across and nodded at the suit Alberto was working on, then looked back at himself, finishing with pinging his arms out to his side in a Taa Daa motion.

Hoping that would make sense, Tony sat down and waited to see what Alberto would come up with.

Report Post Tip

On taking the call from the tailors he was even more mystified...strange ramblings of what sounded like a mad man..

You see I am on my own here, I just stepped away for 4 minutes and thought the self delivery option would work....I can only apologise, might you consider a re-visit...

He could smell the desperate sweat almost as the man spoke...however the suit was ill fitting - in certain areas so felt engaging in the bizarre conversation might be useful...

It does need some alterations, I can call by tomorrow however I would prefer to deal in person this time please!

Report Post Tip

AlbertoTomba was happy to see a new, curious customer enter. He offered him a seat and TonyllTacito how he had heard of his shop, as Alberto knew that mouth-to-mouth was probably the most important form of advertising and he really hoped Tony would spread the word if he could satisfy his needs..

The man did not answer.. Alberto stitched some stuff together and held the preliminary design up in the air

What do you say, sir?

Still no reply.. AlbertoTomba just continued, hoping the mysterious mute man would like the new suit when he finished it*. He wrapped it up, stood up and stepped towards TonyllTacito and offered him the suit

*Yes, early, LA:LA:Gracie!

Report Post Tip

After trying to talk to TonyllTacito numerous times and getting no verbal response, AlbertoTomba finally gives up and just gets on with his work. Some time later he hands over a finely wrapped suit to Tony for his inspection. Tony glances at his watch and gives a visible smile to Alberto as the time taken to make his suit has been almost unreal.

Disappearing into one of the back rooms, Tony unwraps the suit and puts it on. He has a little stretch in it to and glances around at himself in various mirrors that are dotted around the room. Another smile spreads across his face. He then returns to Alberto grabs him in a almost to friendly man-hug and gives him envelope with a unknown amount of currency within.

As TonyllTacito leaves the shop Alberto can almost see a fresh spring to the mans step.

Report Post Tip

Alberto felt he had been talking in circles to Tony, but when he saw him with the suit on he got what people meant with 'A pictures is worth a thousand words'. AlbertoTomba smiled as TonyllTacito gave him an overly enthusiastic hug. Alby rather liked that!

As he left the store in his new suit, Alberto added
You talk the talk and walk the walk, Tony!
Not sure how that made sense, it felt as the right thing to say.. Somehow..

Alberto still had to make a call to that angry-note-writing-customer Mr_Bassett, and he was quiet afraid to do so, but he handled well in explaining how he thought self-service was the way of the future. He would soon go and adjust some stuff for him.

Report Post Tip

Rhia was finally adjusting to the life in Chicago. Everything was going great. She managed to do a pretty good job for her crew leader FuegoSteve and her effort was very well paid. She received some extra money.

Her 18th birthday was approaching so what a better way to spend the money than for clothing, more specific a fancy dress.

She walked inside a place called Mort's Tailoring hoping that the person owning the business would know exactly what would fit her tastes.

'Hola senor! If possible I would like you to make me a fancy dress, por favor. One that will make me fit in the world I just entered because I am not sure if sweaters and sneakers are doing the job.'

Report Post Tip

Alberto was just on his way out when Rhia entered. He loved the sneakers she wore..

He didnt immediately recognize her as FuegoSteve's associate as she did not wear a moustache.. Yet..

Bienvenidos! I would love to sew something gorgeous together for you, AlbertoTomba replied, but I am afraid I can only do that in a couple of days.. When I return I will get to it as soon as possible, though if you find a dress elsewhere in between for your 18th birthday, no hay problema..

Report Post Tip

Rhia smiled.

AlbertoTomba was known for being the best in this business and for him to create a beautiful dress for Rhia it was like a dream to her. She loved his work and you could say she was a fan.

'Muchas gracias senor. I will wait as much as needed. After all your talent deserves all the time en el mundo. One more request, can I get your sign por favor?'

Report Post Tip

It was a quiet afternoon as most were decorating the HQ or making repairs so he called back to the tailors as arranged. On seeing a very poorly written and incorrectly spelt sign in the window advising: gone away 4 a few daays, leve me notes and I will reply on reaturn'. Surely this guy was on something? Or foreign? Or both maybe...

He thinks the whole experience of this place actually could not get much worse - but the recommendations had been good so he slipped a properly worded note under the door asking Alberto to contact him on his return as he had another job for him.

Walked away shaking his head and wondering if he would ever actually see this elusive Alberto all talked so highly of.

Report Post Tip

After AlbertoTomba re-entered his shop, he picked up the newspapers that piled up in the last couple of days..

He wanted to give Mr_Bassett a call, as he finished a couple of crew crests he wanted to over. Unfortunately, the line was dead.. Alberto made some coffee and he went on to read the newspapers, stumbling across Mr_Bassett's name..

He went on to read and saw many late customers mentioned.. It had been a bloody bloody and sad day for his clientele.

Guess I should have picked a different group of clients if I wanted to see them customers returning, he mumbled..

Next page, he noticed Minarika having set up. Alberto decided he would make her a crew crest after he would finish Rhia's.. There was work to be done..

Report Post Tip

Alberto really thought Rhia made a mistake when she praised him and his work.. But he gave it his best shot to produce something beautiful for her.. He wrapped the suit up and layed it on his counter, in the hope that she would come pick it up soon..

AlbertoTomba really hoped she and FuegoSteve would forgive him for using his artistic freedom and not adding a moustache..

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mort's Tailoring
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL