Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 09:03:31
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Have you got the X Factor? Started by: Disorder on Jun 19, '17 19:55

Disorder walked out into the bustling evening streets. For some time he wandered among the people. His coat collars turned up and wearing a hat, he was able to move around relatively unnoticed. He listened to conversations about a number of different subjects. Some about himself he found amusing but others on the general state of play in the country did interest him greatly. A couple of hours in he decided to make some calls.

After speaking to the heads of a few families and some other people of influence, his mind was made up. He grabbed a coffee and walked back out into the square to make a proposal. Removing his hat and turning back his collar, he walked up some steps next to a plinth in the square and called for some attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen. If I could have your attention for a few minutes I'd like to discuss something with you all and perhaps present some opportunity for assertive and creative people who wanted to stand out.

See for some time now we've been actively seeking out and talking to people who we felt may make for new and stimulating leaders in this thing. We've had this and that recommendation and looked into these things but there always seems to be some level of nepotism or angle being played. Now, I've walked around these streets and I know there is appetite for the new and different. You're unlikely to get that in the form of establishment change any time soon but we can at least present an opportunity.

If you want to do something differently, show us! Just come up here and tell us all why you think you'd make a good leader. What you'd do and how you'd approach it. What would you do that you don't see others doing? Or why your brand of what is already being done would warrant a place? Whatever you see as your vision for what you would like to do, just come up here, articulate it and if we think you show enough potential, we may just grant your wish!

Now, although we will be reserving the role of judges in this event, as with any talent show, we will also be listening to the voices of the audience. So if someone steps up and presents a case you feel is solid, feel free to chime in and cheer for them. If a candidate gets enough public support, that may well tip the vote in their favour. State a case for them or just walk up and cheer. However you want to support a case, support it. Likewise if you are vehemently opposed to someone's suggestion, get up and boo or state why you don't feel they should be given a shot.

The entire event will be very much influenced by you people, in every way."

He took a moment for it to sink in and the murmuring to die down.

"I'm deadly serious. We have space and a willingness to try anyone out based purely on this public audition. If you want to lead and can put together a strong enough case for yourself, you could find yourself leading, sooner than you think. It won't be as open as Detroit is. Absolutely anyone can go set up there with no discernible skill or direction, so long as they pay the rent. This is different. You will need to deliver enough of a speech, and/or get enough public support as to give us at least a glimpse of your potential. Do that and you could find yourself leading in a vacant space around the country.

Ladies and gentlemen. The floor is yours."

Taking a few steps back down to the square, he walked a few yards to a nearby cafe and pulled up a chair to see who would be daring enough to step forward.

Report Post Tip

He wasn't sure where he was standing, but then again he never truly did. This was the first time in a while that his eyes were completely open and he was able to actually react in a way that would make sense to others; this was his chance to finally show and prove everything he had already known for his entire time on this planet -- it was his time to shine. Banging on a trash can which conveniently stood upside down in front of him, he smiled widely towards the adoring fans. 

"Heya. I'm Jeb!"

Upon the words escaping between his lips he let off a giggle. He wasn't exactly sure why, he was never really all that giggly before, so why now of all times? Perhaps it was the jitters? This wasn't good. They'll never accept him like this... sweat began to drip from his brow, what would he say now? He hadn't exactly prepared a speech...

"I'm... Jeb?"

Fuck. This wasn't going well. Grasping at his tie, he fastened it tighter around his neck.

"So this is kind of not going so well, huh?"

Again he burst into a fit of giggling which only embarrassed him further, he decided it was time to make his way from the stage and lick his wounds, but as he quickly ran in the opposite direction, he found himself running into the conveniently placed trash can; and once he had fell inside the world went dark and all he could hear was the tumbling and thumping of a trash can rolling down the street with him tucked inside.

He was sure he had made his case.

Report Post Tip

You could pull a loaf of bread out of a toilet bowl and it would come up with more of an X-factor than Jeb. The man's got no moxy. He's low-energy. Sad! 

People want a winner. That's why they want a Trump. A gold-leaf-gilded Donald for a new age. I don't even have the rank and I'm already the best candidate there is. In fact, I am without a shadow of a doubt the most qualified candidate that has probably ever walked these streets. I don't think anyone has ever been more qualified than I am to be a leader here. Believe me, I've seen all kinds of 'em. And I am, by far, the best. I'm not even there yet, and I'm already the best. 

Let me take you on a little journey. You're a person. You're living in this world. You wake up one morning and I'm not a leader in it. What do you do? You write a letter. You address it to me. You say, 'Donald, why aren't you a leader yet? Why aren't you in charge?'. I wake up. I check my mail. There's your letter. Guess what? True story. I get so many letters - from experts, people all over the world, people at the top of their fields - I get so many letters I don't even have the time to read them.

Not to mention, I already have a following. Everywhere I go, the crowds are yuge. Look at the people here. Wow. Heck of a turnout. This might be the biggest one yet. You're the reason I do this, coal country. God bless Kentucky. You're the people who are gonna put me in a bold suit. Give yourselves a round of applause, everybody. Wow, what a crowd.

And I've already got a right hand man. You might know him...his friends call him Jesus. And he's always by my side. 

Report Post Tip

Fighting his way out of the garbage can he threw a spare banana peel to the floor and fixed his suit just enough to be presentable, his eyes fiery and red as he pushed past a few in the crowd over to where Trump now stood. This would be it, he would tell the man off and the crowd would roar in excitement -- they would hoist him into their arms and walk him off to the headquarters which he would now call home, it was perfect.

Clearing his throat, he balled his fingers into a fist and sternly cleared his throat.

"You can't... you can't just bully yourself to a bold suit..."

Victory! His sensible approach would win them all over, surely.

"Jeb!"

Report Post Tip

Ullk mentally waves at the other participants in this story, from his deep cybernetic sleep while texturing the the structures of some other imaginary streets of his mind in embryo Matrix mode. "Just give me some time to write stuff" was the only thing current '30s Tesla machines could get from the series of unstable blip blops in time and space of another dimension...

Report Post Tip

Tabitha steps out, eager to critique the various applicants as suggested by the Godfather in his initial announcement. It was a refreshing idea, an opportunity to be offered an opportunity, as it were. An ideal way to let those who frequently criticise the actions of others to put forward a better solution. 

She stares blankly at the applicants so far, her mouth hanging ajar slightly. As it closes she stammers.

"I'll... err, be comin' back later."

Turning on her heel, she offers the Godfather a sympathetic glance. 

"Good luck!"

Report Post Tip

We have space and a willingness to try anyone out based purely on this public audition.

Oh Great Disorder, does this include any/all bloodlines that  you or your friends within the great Las Vegas and Chicago don't like? If my ears have heard true, would you hold these 'Auditions' with no biased opinion at all of any past lineage of said person auditioning.  Or would the person who auditions simply be killed a short while if they were even allowed into a position of power? Would said person be forced to give up their bloodline or allowed to be judged solely on who they are now?

Do that and you could find yourself leading in a vacant space around the country.

I'm simply just curious about this part. If someone SHOULD win their spot as a Leader, do they get to pick their place on where they settle? Having looked around quite a bit, it seems only New York is viable to place someone, unless you impose upon Philadelphia? Detroit is your current money child as read in old news, and Las Angeles seems to be in progress of becoming the new money child for MonsterHair. Which makes one wonder why create such ridiculous cities when you in all honesty should be getting enough from your own. Are your cities not paying their taxes, thus forcing you to create those 'project' cities?

Report Post Tip

Marco would have strolled by while Disorder was stepping up to speak, with his right hand risen to hold up the cigar he always loved to puff on even though he'd sure as hell rather be drinking. He'd nod as he listened to the Godfather speak, knowing that he has been waiting to lead for quite some time and represent his bloodline. As Disorder stepped down, he watched the others step up to the challenge and speak in front of everyone, giving their pitch on being a leader. Marco was nodding his head the whole time, realizing this could be an opportunity of a lifetime for him.

After the last person stepped down, Marco would proceed to flick away his cigar and would begin to step up for himself, preparing to deliver a little pitch to everyone who may be listening.

"Hello people, you may not know who I am whatsoever, my name is Marco. My bloodline grew up in these streets when we immigrated from Sicily and we haven't looked back since. I have seen my brothers and cousins being led by great leaders and have taken mental notes over the years as when it became my time to step up, in the bloodline, I wanted to be sure I would serve my crew leader well." Marco would clear his throat, knowing he probably shouldn't have smoked before he came up,

"In my lifetime, I have seen countless leaders, good and bad, fall. It is truly sad knowing that a lot of the people I used to call family, outside of my home, are dead and I couldn't help notice some mistakes that some of these, even, fantastic leaders have made along the way. Whether it be, not caring about even the littlest of rank in the crew, possibly even neglect, or just simply they weren't cut out to lead a large group of people under one name together and united. Whatever the case may be, I have striven to make myself a better person, someone who has the ability to lead people and make intelligent decisions to benefit everyone, even under enormous stress which is what gets some leaders, unfortunately." Marco would take a long breath, looking around at his audience for a few seconds before continuing, 

"I have also wanted to do things such as establishing a small inner-crew council consisting of myself, the right-hand man, left-hand man, another mademan plus two associates to discuss things, on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, that are happening in the crew and resolve any issues that arise right then and there instead of shoving things off and potentially risking lives by neglecting important decisions or issues. I truly believe there is something that everyone is good at and I believe that there is a small percent of people that don't get to utilize their talents because of the simple fact that some crew leaders just don't bother to figure out what they're good at. Overall, I may not be made of money, God knows I am not rich in the slightest, but if there are two things I have... it would be integrity and passion," There would be a short pause.

"Thank you for listening." Marco would respectfully tip his hat towards Disorder, before then stepping down onto the square and walking along, back towards his crew's headquarters.

Report Post Tip

Dutchess had just picked up some ice cream cone from the corner vendor, she was enjoying the hot summer day as she walked by a crowd of people. There were a lot of people at this gathering and from the armed men and the long shiny cars outside, she knew there were some mob bosses here. Never the one to shy away from the crowd and mob business, she strolled in as she finished off her ice cream cone. After listening to the announcement by Godfather Disorder she hung around and waited for some brave souls to speak up. She heard some roaring from the crowd as this brash bravado of a man some guy name Donald Trump tried to talk about well, himself and how people loved him. I swear I thought that was a disease, my doctor said something about that. I promise, she mumbled under her breath. She then also heard some words from a Jeb as well. Her heart poured for the guy, he had all the instincts of someone that she'd like to work with. But JebBush clearly was not cut out for this mob business. Atleast just not yet. Then she sees this man step forward and speak about his experiences in his bloodline and how he had taken mental notes from other friends and family alike of how to do things and how not to do them. She was more interested so she listened even more closely to this speaker. He had this strength in his tone, which made her look up and stare MarcoVendetta in the face. You could see the passion for leadership and wanting to try things differently in his eyes. She wanted to learn more about this man. About his vision for leadership, a crew, perhaps even a district. She wanted to hear more about the direction that these contestants wanted to attack in with this opportunity. 

Report Post Tip

I am not in for the contest but i think that it's pretty easy to see that i got the X factor.

Are we still talking about genetics?

Report Post Tip

KingDemon was standing in the crowd awaiting Godfather Disorder to finish his speech, after listening intently to what he had to say he noticed a fellow who called himself Jeb walk onto the stage, after listening to him say his name was Jeb a couple of times King saw him fall into a trashcan and roll away only to come back and say something to trump and then yell his name, after a couple of hours everyone quieted down and finally it was his turn to speak

"Hello ladies and gentleman, i trust you are all well, seeing how this is swayed by the people as to who gets this honor of their own family, i would like to give my vote to Jeb, did you guys see how he fell into that trashcan and roll down the hill on his way out? such grace and style a sophisticated mobster the way he yelled out his name."

KingDemon applauds the man before continuing

"Good luck to all of the participants and remember to vote Jeb!"

KingDemon walks off the stage and returns to the crowd to see who else will vote for Jeb

Report Post Tip

Having sat and watched a barrage of people approach Godfather Disorder with varying levels of intended humour, he shook his head and decided to walk towards the front of the crowd before speaking.

"I have seen for weeks on end a vast array of people come out and slander the names of the most important and powerful people in our community. Now, when given an opportunity to present what they would do different, PLUS an incentive of being handed the keys to your own estate, people seem content to make a mockery of that chance?"

He sighed briefly before taking a breath.

"The most important thing for me is a family bond and keeping them happy. Providing the rules of said family havent been breached, I would allow those under Wise Guy free movement to another family should they wish it. This would come with a one-time return option though. If they decided that they actually did prefer my family then they are in for life as is any of the esteemed rank of Mademan and above."

He looked around, noticing the crowd now listening, apart from a few practical jokers at the back who were intent on making themselves look silly.

"Lets move onto morale. For me, this is one of the biggest factors for a successful family alongside trust. People want to feel like their efforts are being rewarded and that can often be done by creating competitions, holding events to make members battle each other for bragging rights, things to make them have goals. The rewards I would offer would vary. Some crave financial gain, some seek power, everyone has their own pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that they chase. Most crews require a number of things in order to be successful and handing out responsibility will often make members feel more appreciated and trusted, something which usually pays dividends further down the line."

"The next important factor for me is the individuals themselves. Every leader should know their members. Their strengths, their weakness, their goals. Praise them for what they do well, help them with what they seek improvement on. This can be done in various forms which I won't go too indepth on but having that attention is a trait I find extremely important."

"Finally, rank. The role of Mademan and above carries a very prestigious level of reward in itself. Those who attain it find they are able to roll out with a group of fellow mobsters and perform crimes but the value is so much greater. An inner circle is how we often refer to these members and I feel that extra time needs to be invested in ensuring that those who have worked hard to attain that rank should be given something to reflect this. Again, without revealing too much, I simply mean a place for discussions and banter which only those belonging to said heirarchy could attend."

Looking around, he noticed some taking notes, some just eager to hear more.

"I will end by saying this. I did not come here seeking leadership. I came here to show the opportunity right in front of you all. You have asked for a long time to get that chance. Prove it, prove what you would do different if given the reins to steer the ship."

With a smile, he turned to Disorder and nodded his head respectfully.

"Godfather, if we are able to win a leadership opportunity in this gathering, then that is something I would be happy to discuss away from this crowd."

Having said what he needed and taking up enough of everyones time, he thanked the crowd for listening and made his way back to North Side where the rebuilding works were still commencing.

Report Post Tip

Now, when given an opportunity to present what they would do different, PLUS an incentive of being handed the keys to your own estate, people seem content to make a mockery of that chance?

Or perhaps they're mocking the void of intellectual capital left by the decisions to remove every auth this regime has made that isn't a part of their clique (and even some who were). Or perhaps they're mocking the visible disinterest in their unoriginal and uninspiring plan for DT (and now LA).

Or perhaps enough people have realized that being an independent CL offers you no more influence or power than being a fucking errand boy.

Report Post Tip

As time went on the crowd started to grow even bigger, word had spread like wild fire. Men, boys and X's alike showed up for the x factor. Amused by the buzz in the crowd, she ran into a bar next to the meeting. She got herself some nice shots only to be returning to the noise of Wraith! Wraith! Wraith! In the crowd. This mobster had stepped forward and layed out a proper plan for what he envisioned as a crew. Traditions and culture of how things were done in the old days came to light in his conversation. As he spoke more about personal touch between members and CL, reward system for those that had earned it and above all a high standard for the all shiny button. Wraith was making a case to be a old school mafioso in a new, I want it now world. Democracy isn't something that we cherish in the mob, but Wraith was taking full advantage of this opportunity. As Wraith finished his conversation the crowd roars some more, chants of the various contestants could be heard sporadically Jeb! Trump! UllKnow! Marco! Marco! As the stage was set for the next contestant to put on display their inner leadership qualities! 

Report Post Tip

When IbrahimAlHulandi saw Disorder clearing his throat to start his speech, Ibi was never expecting a proposition of leadership based on talent shown. The reactions were mixed, probably some were too surprised by the possibility to properly react, but there were also some well-thought replies.

After the accurate and informative speech of how MarcoVendetta pictured his future, the crowd nodded and clapped.. And after Wraith's speech, it felt like suddenly everyone was aware of what this speech from Disorder truly meant.

Ibrahim started to think.. Apparently not all people have the X factor.. But what people in this world of ours have recently, publicly, shown proper outstanding performances..?

His minds went over the recent war he witnessed.. Over all business he had visited, but quite he soon knew it. After all, hHe didn't have to think for a long time, especially not in comparance to how slowly IbrahimAlHulandi's thoughts sometimes were.

Recently, there was this gladiator. Ibrahim, and his ancesters as well, had seen him several times in late TonyCosta's arena. This man was special, a survivor. He was someone that had been challenged time after time, and always came out as the winner of the duels he took part in. Unconsciously Ibi started nodding as he looked around him.

Speaking of the devil! As Ibi looked to his right, he saw Ullknowthatwasme standing there, merely 10 feet away from him. So close he could almost touch that great warrior! Out of the blue, IbrahimAlHulandi looked at him and started clapping in an uplifting rhythm, looking at Ullknowthatwasme, hoping it would help him take the step forward..

As he saw TheJack and DesireeKaira clapping, too, Ibi knew Ullk would go for it..

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Good Evening Ladies and Gents. I will try not to abuse of your time by holding long speeches. I am a man who wasn't born or raised in a library atmosphere after all. Friends call me Ullk, and for those of you who don't know me or haven't heard of me you can find a resume of my current life here.

I had a sad Gladiator's life, and now the old Emperor of my city is dead I see no point in continuing that kind of career. After a night in King RichardDallas' Harem, in a moment of soberness, I decided I shall have my own family. I talked about my reflection with King Rich and his Right hand The_Kid, and some of the most fervent supporters and fans of my fights: DesireeKaira, Ibi, TheJack encouraged me to go that way, to start a new career in politics, drugs trade and weapons smuggling. They said they believe I have what it takes. And honestly I believe that too, or I wouldn't be here. Now that I heard Godfather Disorder speech, what I understood is that what he offered was an opportunity like you don't see many times in your life.

You may ask me what is it that I would bring, what is it I would do differently. Well someone said you don't put triangular wheels on cars, and I won't attempt to rediscover America again. We all know more or less how things work in this world of ours. And I am a man paying attention to details, and liking to work hard to build up things. My blood has seen enough things and talked to enough people to know what they do and what they don't like. I would always be ready to listen to my members, even to the most misunderstood of them, since I have already been in those situations before. We all have our goals and our ways, sometimes similar sometimes different. I think that what makes the strength of a family is the sum of all the different talents gathered in, when they can reach the best of their potential. I am a man of few words but on the other side I do things. Words are sometimes useless, especially if you make promises that you can't keep.

My primary goals would be to make the place where I am prosper and of good reputation, while closely working on it with the others families of my entourage, and have a happy family where no one would be bored and could openly and freely show and use all they talents. I would offer some kind of freedom that I didn't have, offering good guidance on how to improve to those wishing to hear me. And I want to make a family where no body has regrets on how we lived when the time of death comes knocking at the door.

Ladies and Gents, thank you for your time.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"But yet you gave a big speech anyway. Well done."

Report Post Tip

Kaira was standing in the large crowd gathered around Godfather Disorder. She listened to his speech and the ones that followed after with great joy. It was an amazing feeling seeing everyone trying to come up with their best thoughts and ideas in order to receive that opportunity the Godfather was speaking about. 

The streets were filled with creativity, joy and hope. Everyone was wishing to create a better future. And one of the people willing to give his everything for that opportunity was none other than one of her most cherished friends Ullknowthatwasme.

When she first met Ullknowthatwasme she saw a lonely and introverted guy. She thought he was nuts for fighting in the arena and exposing himself to death like that. But with each one of his victories her mind started to change. He wasn't actually trying to die, his fights were fierce and the look in his eyes while fighting was of a man struggling with his everything to survive. That's when she realized he had a bright future.

Even though he was a man of few words, he would make himself understood through his actions. He was loyal and faithful and had a warm and kind heart. He was someone you could connect with easily. He wasn't one to act out guided by temper. He was calculated. 

Other than his drinking habits and his gambling addiction there were no flaws Kaira could find in him. His nature was the one of a survivor, a true leader who one day would give his everything in order to create something big and memorable.

The moment her friend IbrahimAlHulandi started speaking about Ullknowthatwasme her heart became filled with gratitude and hope. She knew Ullk had friends and supporters but it was nice to see them encouraging him.

TheJack was there and soon Ullk started his speech. She saw how nervous he was and in order to try and cheer him up she started clapping and cheering despite her having tears in her eyes.

"Ullk, I am so proud of you! I believe in you with all my heart and I am here to offer you all my support my dear friend."

Cassiopeia had heard that her friend Ullknowthatwasme was planning to attend the X Factor speech and she was hoping to make it in time to here him present. She made it just in time, standing on the outskirts of the crowd. She listened as he spoke with much passion. His speech filled her with pride for him in this moment. She had no doubts of his capabilities and after the speech she was certain that were he chosen, he would not disappoint. She clapped along with the others, showing her support for her friend.

"Thatta boy," she whispered to herself as she smiled. 

Disorder listened intently to the various applicants put their cases forward. He also took great interest in the number of considered supporters the various candidates had.

"I must say I'm very happy to see such enthusiasm from you all! So far we seem to have five strong candidates. Well done to all of you. Some good cases for the judge's consideration. I'll be interested to see if any more throw their hat into the ring before we start making decisions on who makes the cut and gets their shot at leadership."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Have you got the X Factor?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL