Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 19:59:29
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Open letter to MonsterHair Started by: Francis on Jul 22, '17 21:38

Well Larry, being a good boy hasn't worked out too well for my line in the previous six months, now has it?

As a CL, a RHM and a LHM, with no misdemeanors to their name, they still wound up pushing up the daisies, so I see no reason the following 6 months will offer any change. Your inspirational pep-talk helped me realise that, so I figure - why not try to affect change through the only method left available to me?

Sure, it started out as one person taking these shots, but as you're aware, the more folk who pick up a gun, the more likely it becomes: the more folk you disenchant, the greater the chance of our success... and you guys disenchant people for a fucking living up in here. I'm sure you've already noticed the uptake in 1% shots arriving in your boss's mail already, yes? It's only just begun, buddy. Tick tock.

Report Post Tip

80+ people call Chicago home and will continue to do so

How nice of you to speak for Chicago residents, Larry. That is a mighty long neck indeed that you have there, stretching all the way from Vegas to Chicago to speak as though you are one of us.

Report Post Tip

Was your father a good boy? I'll take your word it. Personally though, I would say he wasn't good enough or he would still be alive. I'm still alive and so are plenty of others, so what are we/they doing that you and others like you are not? The only glass ceiling is the one you're imposing upon yourselves. Easier to just chalk it up as us being bastards though presumably.

As to the whole 1% thing, Francis, I would prefer you and others like you disregard such folly and be all that you can be. Assuming you won't though, have you ever heard of the Bernoulli process? Something you should probably brush up on before you expect such juvenile threats to give me sleepless nights. 

And, Peter, that's an odd thing to pull out from what I've said, especially when I was really just using the statistics at my disposal rather than appropriating residency of the city. But even so, you're correct. I'm a visitor to Chicago and am indeed a Vegas man. To clarify, the point I was making that whilst young Francis was decrying Chicago's outfits and their ability to continue operating, in the 6 days since his father's demise they have been doing exactly that. They continued, unmolested and in roughly the same state as they were before, just as they have since he triggered his discussion. I trust that is a more palatable assessment for you? 

Report Post Tip

The fact that you're saying there is no glass ceiling proves that you don't have any idea what you're talking about Larry.

Sure, it's simple for you to postulate from under Disorder's wing, but following the removal of the ally which helped Vegas wedge itself so deeply, it was publicly declared that the reason was, and I quote these words from Disorders mouth, verbatim:

"When we first took control there was a collective agreement to do whatever we had to, to ensure our continued safety as a group."

Bonkers refused to assassinate a member of his city who had built a gun, and was removed. Fact.

If there is no glass ceiling, and anyone is free to live as they please, build as they choose, can you explain the removal and subsequent announcement?

I can't say I have ever heard of the Bernoulli process, although given the context, I would assume it basically says that the shot may take more than 100 attempts? If that is the case, however, then the inverse must also be true. It could take 1000 shots or it could take 5, right? In which case, I guess we will just keep hoping, and timing our attempts to coincide with the most favourable statstics bestowed upon us by the Gods.

As for my father not being a good boy, well, being you are the closest advisor to the most powerful man in the country, surely you'd be privvy to any indiscretions my father may have committed? Would you care to offer me just one? One single punishable act my father committed in his 90 days? Because I've yet to receive one, despite numerous respectful requests.

Or how about the fact that neither Disorder, nor MonsterHair have come out to refute these claims? Admittedly Hair is barely literate enough to pen a thought, but when has Disorder ever shied away from public speaking?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Wait, you want reasons now? I thought you had already won since you've got all the answers you needed after coming first in the big finger pointing and anonymous donations contest? Make up your mind, Francis.

And, as you're the guy with a list of dead relatives as long as your arm and I'm the exceptionally long neck beside the throne, I think it should be obvious to even the bluntest of knives in the drawer that I must have some small understanding of the subject at hand, no? 

Nobody is free to live as they please or build as they choose; where have I stated this is the case? No. This is hierarchical society where the strong control those weaker than them. Where you keep going wrong is that everyone is free to prove themselves, because those words you've quoted aren't unilaterally applied or everyone other than Disorder would be dead, wouldn't they? Instead, many people have joined us at the top table and have thrived accordingly. This isn't a closed shop, it is one that is freely trading and welcomes more business. You openly admit to your father having virtually no relationship whatsoever with MonsterHair. Maybe if he would have developed one, he would still be alive? Then again, he's barely literate, so why bother, right? 

Anyway Francis, I was enamored with your letters and thought you could be something special. I said to myself "Larry old boy, you can help steer this kid in the right direction". Seemingly I was wrong and I've hardened your resolve towards my boss and I. That is my mistake and I will leave you to your business before I make you hate anyone else. Instead, I will enjoy the remainder of my time in Chicago, albeit without appropriating residency in any capacity whatsoever so as to avoid offending PeterParker.

So you can't name one single indiscretion my father made in his entire 3 months? A simple yes or no will suffice, thanks.

Report Post Tip

Larry old boy, you can dress it up however you like, you still spoke like the death of a Left Hand in Chicago had made no impact at all and that Chicago would simply keep on ticking regardless. This was the intention behind such a comment, no? It certainly seemed so to me. Whilst being a person from Chicago, I disagree with that viewpoint to an extent.

The death of someone in such a hiarchial position and subsequent blatant disregard for the other members of Chicago by not only failing to acknowledge said death, but going out of their way to even avoid entering into any debate on it here in the streets simply further proves that not only did the death of said LHM mean literally fuck all to those at the top, but it shows to every single person in Chicago that we all mean absolutely fuck all unless we are involved in the inner circle of those at the top.

Thats not exactly a shock of course. In this thing of ours its always been the case that you are simply on borrowed time regardless of your status, but more so when you aren't someone close to people at the top. But you would expect that when placed in a position of meaning and acting in the best interests of your own city throughout your life, that those in power in your own city might give a single fuck about you being shot by someone from outside the city.

Alas, this isn't the case. Primarily I guess thats because Chicago and Vegas leaders are very alike yourself Larry and they fail to see any difference between the two cities and in fact regard them simply as just one City. So really to them it wasn't some outsider who felled one of our hands, it was instead one of our own that did it. Does that make it worse? Killed by someone that you have essentially been working for this entire time and not even for any other reason than because they could? I'm not sure.

What I am sure of, is that any right minded person be they live in Chicago or Vegas, would look at such an act with utter disgust and may indeed chose to spend far less of their time propping up said people in power, for why should the people of any city really care to put forth any time and effort into helping said leaders when Disorder could kill any one of us at any time without any reasonable reason to do so.

I would pose a simple question Larry, if you are still listening that is as you indicated you had finished discussing the matter; Would MonsterHair ever shoot someone like TabithaGato without first discussing it with Disorder? As thats exactly whats happend here, and I think we both know that it would never happen in reverse.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Peterparker, I think you did take Larrylongneck 's words outta context, however. The statistic he provided could easily be grabbed from the list of Crews available for all citizens to see (I'm still unsure why we broadcast that for all the riff-raff to see). I don't think Larry was meaning to step on any Chicagoan's toes. However, mind you you're doing some serious speculating...

Killed by someone that you have essentially been working for this entire time and not even for any other reason than because they could? I'm not sure.

Remember there are two sides to every story and we've heard but one so far... To my knowledge, MonsterHair hasn't even publicly commented on this yet. So to assume Disorder went around him for this would be silly as we've heard nothing of the sort. 

I don't mean to open any cans of worms with anyone especially one from an allied city, but we don't have all the facts and since you're jumping to such rash conclusions, you're showing your hand... You're distrust for Las Vegas and Disorder are really showing through here. I can understand if this man was a friend of yours, and for that I do sincerely apologize be that the case, but publicly accusing a Godfather of such acts and, by association, implying your own too weak to do anything about it would be a personal slap in the face were it I in one of their shoes... 

I highly doubt that is your intention. I don't understand why a reputable Chicagoan would be so quick to turn and hurl insults and accusations unless warranted; however, that appears to be exactly what is happening. Not a threat, I just don't want to see anymore bloodshed, but please, do tread lightly lest a very understandable reason for another body "pushing up daisy's" would be given.

Report Post Tip
There are no false accusations or assumptions being made. Disorder shot the LHM to the family of which I'm a made member, if you think a made guy wouldn't be disgusted at such an act then I'm not even sure where to start with that.

Our family know it was disorder as it was admitted, presumably by disorder, no reason for him to hide it when there isn't going to be any retaliation.

Was Begbie my friend? I barely knew him, think we spoke once or twice, but as mentioned he was a hand to the family which makes him important to me. Like begbie ive invested close to 30 million in the family business and completely followed every order asked of me, but yet might find myself 6ft under for nothing (not withstanding this conversation of course).

As you said though Dub, there are two sides to every story and I believe more than anything the son of begbie was looking for the other side which hasn't been forthcoming.
Report Post Tip

Ok this has got right out of hand. Some things need to be made clear.

The shot was taken. The reasons are none of your business. Not even yours, Francis. As much as I appreciate your highly articulate outburst, we aren't some publicly accountable government agency. If we decide to tell you why we did something, its because we chose to. If we don't chose to, all you have is this type of speculation. And believe me, some of the suggested reasons like "because he could" are so ridiculous as to make you sound an ass. I have discussed what happened with heads of Chicago and Gaston. That is the end of it.

Peter, I think you should probably stop waving your dick about and put it back in your pants before something bad happens to it. Larry made no offensive or disparaging comment about Chicago, nor did he insinuate he was a part of Chicago. In fact all he tried to do was complement Chicago and draw attention to the fact that a city that strong was hardly going to be crippled by the loss of just one man. You have gone quite far out of your way to turn this on its head and cause a row. I'd suggest you examine what was actually said and perhaps retract much of your attack. Maybe even have the strength of character to apologize. 

I would also suggest your speculation over the nature of my relationship with MonsterHair, Orange or anyone else is also speculative to the point of being insulting. If you think there is no mutual respect and reciprocity in our relationship then your understanding is as limited as your points are weak.

Its probably for the best at this point if you wind your neck in a bit and try to appreciate the wonderful relationship our fine cities have. Yes, a member of your city was killed by us. He was far from the first and will not be the last of our own that will fall. And yet our cities remain the dominant forces in our country. Its almost like there are decisions being made that help make that so.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $160,000 Tip

And believe me, some of the suggested reasons like "because he could" are so ridiculous as to make you sound an ass.

Not once have I said it was done "because you could", I've maintained right from the get-go that it's because you're a coward and you don't like people having a gun with any real strength.

Report Post Tip

bobbi is sitting in her office trying to catch up on stuff as she'd had the rather busy week. Things had not gone accordingly to plans which had forced her to travel a lot abroad. But now she was back and feeling enthusiastic to get into things when someone suddenly started knocking on the door. Being interrupted in her thoughts she angrily yelled for the unknown party to enter. This nervously young looking fella entered with an envelope and handed it over to bobbi. She read the letter then turned to the young man asking what was going on.

"T-t-there's t-this y-young fella reading s-s-some letters publicly a-a-asking q-questions about C-c-chicago." The man studdered. Looking as he was going to fall dead on  the spot while speaking. 

"Show me." bobbi said while tossing the man a few coins. His nervousness starting to make her feel a bit uneased.

As the young boy showed her the way she read the letter one more time. She could see that the boy was upset. Rightfully so as his old man had been gunned down in his sleep. The loss of your parents can be a terrible thing, some people never gets over it. Some people drift off, turning to booze, locking themselves in a dark room mourning. Going down that path never has a good outcome. Death finds us all, usually sooner rather than later in this life of ours.

Unfortunately bobbi hadn't known Begbie herself. Which was probably her own fault, as she hadn't really struck up conversation with the man. Though she heard good things about him. But blurting out stuff like his son did she wondered whatever he had taught his offspring "the ways" before leaving. Breaking omerta in order to give a displeased boy some answers wasn't even a possibility for bobbi. Not in this line of work. As she arrives she has a look around, to make sure it seems safe, before walking up to Francis.

"First of all let me tell you how sorry I am for your fathers departure. I understand it's painful no matter what circumstances. But you need to understand that this is our way of life. We go into it knowing we probably end up with a bullet behind the eyes. That doesn't mean I or anyone in my position can discuss whatever business which is transpiring behind locked doors. What do you think would happen to me if I started to discuss with you publicly about the way Chicago is run? How the relationship between Chicago and different other cities are? What dealings the most powerful mafiosos of our time had with eachother? It wouldn't be healthy."

"What I can say though is that the people that should know knows. The people that deal with scenarios like this knows what have been agreed upon. Unfortunately you are not one of these people. Holding grudges is never good for business."

With that bobbi turned around and walked away. Knowing a stacked office was waiting for her. She did not look forward to it, but sometimes stuff has to be done to keep things going forward.

Report Post Tip

Holding grudges is never good for business

Killing people that have done nothing to merit it, isn't good for business either bobbi.  

Report Post Tip

In my opinion, bobbi, the only time that the truth is hidden is when it's ugly and there is fear of others knowin' it. Sadly, this is the case when it comes to 'those who need to know, know' being used as a response when the majority know that there are a limited number of truths available. The victim either fucked up, was caught plannin' ta' fuck up or they are judged on parental fuck ups. Other than that, it's hunting potential threats to the regime. Did this need to be public? Probably not, but it sounds like all other options were exhausted. 

Unfortunately, my previous comments on the reaction to the lack of reaction proved true when a member of Chicago took it upon himself to attack our Godfather. I imagine mista Parker felt no explanation for an apparently unjustified kill left himself and others in his city vulnerable and undervalued. 

The leaders of our cities have the right to disclose whatever information they choose, and regardless of how it is received, it is at least an insight into tha' errors of one's ways. How they choose ta' manage that right will determine the reaction from the wider audience, though. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $95,000 Tip

I imagine mista Parker felt no explanation for an apparently unjustified kill left himself and others in his city vulnerable and undervalued. 

That was indeed the exact reason. 

Report Post Tip

Tenley's curiosity had been piqued. She merely had one question or two and thought she'd toss it into the pile.

From my understanding the individual who was shot does not know the reason, how is their kin not someone who should know? Do they not deserve to learn about it to improve?

Get over it. Obviously you failed to prove yourself and why you should be trusted.

Don't go blaming anyone but yourself for your death.
Report Post Tip

Are you suggesting that Chicago offered auth to someone they deemed untrustworthy Tywin? Or are you simply casting aspersions in the dark, hoping something might stick?

I would suggest you learn all of the facts before you involve yourself.

Smiling and winking at the old man, Paulie continues minding his own business.

They've offered crews to many incompetent wo/men over the years. Only thing I'm seeing authed here is his death.

Tywin says while smiling and winking at the young man.

Report Post Tip

Incompetence and untrustworthiness are two entirely different traits, Tywin.

Also it's incredible that you - a 23 day old gangster is able to speak on behalf of Chicago. Amazing progression man... although, again, that only drives home my point that the guy at the top - your own boss - isn't doing his job if fresh off the boat gangsters are the ones coming out to declare the amount of trust the upper structure has for it's potential auths.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Open letter to MonsterHair
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL