Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 08:35:31
Page:  1 
Ziva's Daily Roundup - 01/03 Started by: Ziva on Mar 01, '14 21:31

Buoyed by the positive feedback the Daily Roundup has so far received, Ziva today borrows a table from the cafe she's been standing outside, and affixes an incredibly glitter-glue heavy sign to the front, reading 'Ziva's Daily Roundup'. Adding to her cold weather insulation tonight with a flask of coffee, she lays out the papers across the table top, allowing passers by to pick up their copy.

ZIVA'S DAILY ROUNDUP
Issue Three

Opportunity Knocks in Black Bottom

Following on from speculation in yesterdays issue of the Daily Roundup, the announcement was made that the district of Black Bottom as a contest district. Although the formats discussed yesterday didn't come to pass, we here at the Daily Roundup are pleased to have been on the money with our speculation.

The contests launch, however, did not run smoothly. Within just hours of the contest being announced as what the Daily Roundup can most kindly describe as a free for all, with no rules as to age or bodyguard limitations in order to create a level playing field, with the Godfather spot to be chosen rather than won, and with no limitations on the number of new crews, community feedback led to the revision of some of these areas.

The first revision limited entrants to the status of Obscenely Well Protected, with a limit of 100 bodyguards. The second rule led to the removal of all outside interference - although without removing the end goal of being 'chosen' by others outside of Black Bottom for the Godfather spot.

The surrounding debate went on for quite some time, with the gamemarkers of the competition seeming to wish to run it in a way orientated to avoid bloodshed where possible; something which we here at the Daily Roundup believe, and which on a personal level our editor has spoken on, to be against the public's idea of an entertaining contest.

Before moving on to the far more interesting and less politically charged matter of meeting the first set of contestants, I'll leave you fine ladies and gentlemen with a quote from the announcer of this contest on the changes. See now where the blame lies for failure.

"If I am being completely honest here because you are, I changed things around based on community feedback and what people wanted, the community was fine with a bloodbath happening over the next four months or longer which is something we wanted to avoid so all I can really say being as honest as possible here is that if bloodshed strikes and this competition fails just remember it was the community feedbacks doing which caused this as that was not our initial thought process." - Billy.

Black Bottom Today

In our newest segment of the Daily Roundup, we'll be giving you the latest news from Black Bottom daily; introducing the leaders who join the district, reporting on all and any action of interest and hopefully in some of the down time of the contest, attempt to gain access to interviews with these leaders. Obviously, at this early stage, the action we've seen has mostly been in leaders throwing their hats into the ring. So, without further ado, allow us to present you the painstakingly acquired profiles of three of our newest leaders:

Stelengum - A former Capo out of New York's 'Old School Elite' (Numbers4Glory), Stelengum's self proclaimed goal is to further the spread of 'Robertology' across Detroit and America. (Robertology being the religion brought to "international acclaim" by JamesKnowles in honour of Roberto Carlos (Consigliere).)

When asked about his aims in Black Bottom, Stelengum responded: "As to what I'm about, I am hoping that will become evident over the coming days/weeks depending on how long I survive. I believe that there are a lot of families doing largely the same thing, primarily solidifying their position and gaining strength. That doesn't sound very enjoyable to old Stelengum. We only have a finite amount of time here, so why spend it existing rather than living? I plan to make my time here, however much remains available to me, as enjoyable for me and my member crandlej as possible."

Quick Stats:

Right Hand: crandlej
Streets Activity: 3 speeches, 23 comments.
Notable Speeches:
'The Stelengum Award for Mafia Heroism', 'A black bottom in Black Bottom'
Coffee Shop: N/A.

Prolong - A former Boss out of Timbits (Maple), of the Loop, Chicago, Prolong is of the same bloodline as PhilWenneck, previously authed under QuientinTarrantino in Detroit, and will be leading the Filthy Few. Upon his bloodlines return to leadership in the city, Prolong aims to "fill his crew" before focusing on the rebuilding of both Black Bottom as a district, and Detroit as a city. His end goal is a "tight knit community with other leaders" and to see Black Bottom with a Godfather of their own once more.

Quick Stats:

Right Hand: _Lilith
Street Activity: 5 speeches, 11 comments.
Notable Speeches:
'The Filthy Few in Black Bottom'
Coffee Shop: #filthyfew

Kastello - Hailing as a Boss from Dead Silence (Billy) of Corktown, Detroit, Kastello is the first crew leader of his bloodline and will be heading up the Black Nights in Black Bottom. Citing Billy, ClaryFray and Jynx as past crew leaders and influences upon his career, Kastello speaks of an easy decision to set up in Black Bottom owing to the fact that his time in the shadows, he believes, has taught him the skills he needs. His aim within the district is to "get to know the other leaders and work together and turn Black Bottom Detroit into something great."

Quick Stats:

Right Hand: N/A
Street Activity: 5 speeches, 2 comments.
Notable Speeches:
'The Black Knights'
Coffee Shop: N/A

All new entrants to Black Bottom will the offered the chance to be featured in this publication. Any who do not appear profiled have not responded to requests for information from our team. If you have any news or gossip from Black Bottom, or wish to be featured here yourself, please feel free to contact the editor. News and gossip can be published anonymously.

Durdens: New York Dares You

In an interesting turn of events, news has reached us here at the Daily Roundup that the city of New York has recently been baiting the infamous TylerDurden crew, of Delaware City. The Durden crew seems to have been making more frequent trips to the four cities of our world over the last few days, and it appears the cause of this is a large show of financial bribery by New York. Could this possibly be linked to the rumors that New York is gearing up for an assault on the inhabitants of Manhatten, the fifth and final district of the city to remain outside the grasp of members of our society? Time will tell, but until then, our world will surely be ready for Tyler and his men.

'Daily News' Editor in Quotation Quandary

Our rival Daily News publication, which has Daryl as its Chief Editor, has found itself mired in controversy today, over a quotation used in an early hours edition of their paper. Mercury, the person quoted, feels as though Daryl is guilty of cherry picking a small segment of her statement to him regarding the death of one of the members of the crew she acts as Right Hand to. Time will tell as to whether this controversy will harm the circulation of our rivals publication.

Classifieds

Seeking to advertise your business? Contact Ziva to discuss rates for advertising on this publication.

Questions? Comments? Ideas? Feel free to air them either to Ziva on the streets, via mail, or find her in the coffee shops under the alias 'Anna'.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

I have a question!!!! And it's more important then ever.

Wiggle takes a hit off his ever so common smoke by me as the narrative

When will there be a cookie sale? I love your daily posts more then Neal loves Bamboo, but I must ask about this important issue. because after all, without cookies, we have nothing in this world. 

Report Post Tip

If you can organize a cookie sale, I can advertise it!

Report Post Tip

But your cookies are way better. Ok fine I shall organize an Cookie stand. I'll get the finest of bakers to do the job. You won't be let down. 

I shall let you know when this is done. 

Also if your looking for employee's for your daily round up, hit a Wiggle up. He may have some interest. 

Report Post Tip

I could help you bake them? I think we could do a quite splendid job!

As it happens, Mr Bottom, I am looking for employees.. but not for the Daily Roundup! Exciting new project coming soon!

Report Post Tip

Ronald is walking down the street at his normal hurried pace when he spots Ziva handing out copies of The Daily Roundup. He had taken the last few issues from her without ceremony. Tonight he decides a formal introduction with the ambitious young lady is in order as he has enjoyed the pithy dispatch and wants to help ensure its publication.

I've been meaning to tell you how much I've enjoyed the launch of your paper. You are providing a valuable service. From what I've seen so far you have natural journalistic instincts plus a strong editorial voice that makes your presentation uniquely entertaining. I hope you're able to keep up the momentum you've built up so far and turn The Daily Roundup into an institution.

He takes a copy from the stack and neatly folds it in half before placing a white envelope on the table in front of her.

A little something for your effort.

Report Post Tip

This was amazing Z/ziva. Please keep U/us updated! M/master would appreciate it. 

Report Post Tip

I'm really loving your news reports. Your deffinatly doing a great job and i'm always looking forward to hearing the next one.

Report Post Tip

CarloGambino my M/master thanks you for giving a positive review on Z/ziva's news report.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ziva's Daily Roundup - 01/03
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL