Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 16:35:15
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 [ > - >>> ]
Shadowy Spirits Started by: RasAlGhul on Apr 11, '14 21:11
Ras awoke early in the morning to find the weather outside pleasantly delightful, which was excellent since he had to fly into Detroit for the grand opening of his pub. He couldn't have been in a better mood, and he was certain that the bourbon was partially contributing to that. Carefully dressing himself in one of his finer suits, Ras headed out of his New York city apartment to catch his flight.

The drive and flight itself were rather uneventful, though Ras did get a few chuckles out of what the other passengers did whilst they thought nobody else was looking. It was always one of the things he had prided himself in - appearing to see nothing, while secretly noticing more than anyone could imagine. Thanks to a rather successful partnership with an anonymous co-party, Ras recently fell into a bit of money and had no problem refilling his glass a fair few times while running through last minute things he had to do before he could officially open.

As he ran through the list in his head, he realized it was in fact quite short. He had spent numerous hours on the phone arranging all the deliveries for his alcohol, food, seating, etc. The last time he'd visited the premises there were only a handful of things left to be done; give the bar a final wipe-down, vacuum the rugs, and turn on the fryer in the kitchen, hang the dart board, and unlock the billiard sticks from the compartment on the underside of the bar.

Before he knew it, the plane began to make its descent. Rubbing his hands and smiling in anticipation, Ras finished the last of his drink and exited the plane, eager to really begin the day. Stopping only at a local shop to purchase a fine cigar before hailing a taxi, Ras lit a match and puffed away as the taxi expertly wove through the cluttered traffic of Motor City. Finally arriving close enough to the Business District (a few blocks away from it in fact, Ras was far too paranoid to be dropped off that close to his true destination,) he handed the driver his fare, along with a healthy tip before swiftly walking around the nearest corner and disappearing from the drivers view.

Ras walked quite briskly through the streets, weaving through them with excellent speed and accuracy. The number of sleepness nights he'd spent studying blueprints of the streets were near uncountable, for he always liked to be prepared. Far sooner than he'd anticipated, he turned around the final corner and strode into the Business District with a grin on his face. Reaching into his pockets he grabbed his keys and made the last leg of the trip - and before him stood a fine black granite doorway with a smoldering grey sign that read,

Shadowy Spirits.

Unlocking the door without wasting a moment, he stepped inside and flicked the light switch on. A dim glow lit the room, just enough to really see what you were doing. Ras of course was used to seeing things in the dark - but he was an intelligent enough businessman to know that not many of his customers would be able to, let alone once under the influence of potentially copious amounts of alcohol. Shrugging off the jacket to his suit and hanging it on one of the many hooks that sat on the wall near the entrance Ras looked around his latest financial investment.

The left side of the building was devoted to the bar, which ran almost the entire length of the wall. It was quite obvious what his preferred color was, as the vast majority of the pub was decorated in black. This held true for the bar, which was polished to a shining gleam. (Ras checked that off his mental list, for it appeared he had already done this task the last time he was here.) The same could not be said however for the shelves behind the bar that contained an enormous variety of liquor, for they were made of the deepest cherry wood - which complimented the bar very nicely.

Ras stepped through the gate which sat precisely in the middle of the bar, and latched it behind him. Deciding the first thing to do would be to get a drink, he reached for a medium sized glass (glossy black, of course) and unlocked the sliding doors that he had installed on the shelves. He selected his favorite bottle of bourbon and filled his glass almost to the brim before re-capping the bottle and setting it back on the shelf. As he sipped his drink he began looking around the rest of the building. All sixteen stools sat equally apart on the other side of him, waiting to be filled with customers.

Next to him on the wall, the one directly across from the entrance sat empty spots for the dartboards that still needed be hung up. While he was thinking about it, Ras quickly grabbed the three boards and hung them up. Afterwards he placed all the darts and scoreboards, along with a few pencils on a small shalf hanging alongside the bathrooms. In the space remaining in the middle of the room, and along the wall to the right of the entrance sat a few pool tables, along with some very comfortable reclining chairs as well as black leather couches, will dark cherry tables every so often. The felt on the pool tables was a vibrant bright green, while the rest of the table was an extremely shiny metallic black.

Finishing off the rest of the things he had to, Ras grabbed himself a beer and lit the rest of his cigar. Before he got too comfortable in his seat behind the bar, he walked to the front door and flipped the sign to read: Open.
Report Post Tip

Dan had been circling around Detroit for a couple hours. Every couple of minutes he would check his sheet for a local man whom was about to be assassinated. He noticed four other hitmen circling around the homeless man and they all started shooting at him, luckily for him, Dans bullet struck true about 20 seconds into aiming. He laughed at the attempts from the others.

After that was finished he had nearly four hours until a new contract within the city, he decided to walk around. He found a new looking business. It was a upper class looking bar. Bar wasn't the right word for the place though, it sure looked fancy. Dan wasn't fancy but Dan did FANCY his way in to check it out. The sign showed as:

Shadowy Spirits.
Dan saw the floor and smiled. The wood looked amazing and gave him a good feeling about the place. He only saw a single man. The man almost looked like a shadow, he eerily just stood behind the counter with an amazing cabinet of alcohol next to him. Dan smiled. The place had already impressed him.

'Good evening. Quiet today, isn't it? My name is Dan. Could I get a cold glass of something nice? It's my day off.' Dan said to the man. He just eyed him back and nodded without saying anything.

The man was creepy but Dan felt the his personality suited the beauty of the bar itself. He thought he'd like the place. "Who might you be? A random fella doesn't get the money to get something as nice as this." Dan said before sitting down across from him.
Report Post Tip
Feeling the air move around as the front door opened, and Ras tilted his head slightly to see if he recognized the person. Whilst he looked familiar, Ras knew that the two had never actually spoken. He felt like it good be quite the opportunity though, for he knew that the man was quite high on the totem pole within the New York crime syndicate(s).

Listening to the man carefully, Ras extended his hand when he introduced himself.

"Dan, you say? Hey, you don't happen to responsible for all the Dan related names I see on a buncha folks walking around eh? Either way, nice to officially meet you. The name's Ras, Ras Al Ghul. As for the money that helped fund this place... Well, I do believe you know a Mister Sammy Gravano, correct?"

As Dan began to get comfortable, Ras reached for his glass and grabbed a clean one for his customer. Selecting one of his older whiskeys, he poured a healthy measure into both glasses before turning back to Dan. Sliding the glass over the bar expertly, Ras sipped on his drink and awaited Dan to confirm/deny knowing Sammy.

Ras of course knew for a fact that the men knew each other, but it would be interesting to see how Dan played it out.
Report Post Tip

*Insight casually strolls out of the dark alleyway after a brief, but profitable meeting with his CA. It was a brisk April night, your breath clearly visible in the cool air. The perfect night for a aimless walk through Detroit.*

*Insight reaches in his coat pocket, and pulls out his lighter, and a cigar. Lights it up and continues on his stroll.*

*After wondering around for a bit he comes across a impressive black granite doorway, with he inscription "Shadowy Spirits" in a grey sign.* "Intriguing" he thought to himself.

*Pushing the door open he steps inside, takes a look around and notices the decorating job* "This is my kinda place" he said quietly.

*Walking to to the bar he sees a familiar face*  "Hey Dan, what brings you out these parts, it's dangerous out this way, I heard someone got mugged quite close to this location! You should be careful" *Looks at the bartender* "Give Danny one more on my tab please, The names Insight by the way, how are you doing today?"

Report Post Tip
Ras nodded absentmindedly as he grabbed another drink for Dan per Insight's request. He looked down at his glass and realized its was pathetically empty, and so he filled that one up too. Sipping on it casually, he smiles warmly at Insight.

"Did I hear you say a Mugging took place nearby? You should check out the Obits mate, today there was a rather large skirmish within Detroit!"

Ras lit up a cigarette of his own and continued nursing his drink as he introduced himself.

"The name's Ras, Ras Al Ghul. Nice to meet you, Insight. Might I get you a drink?"
Report Post Tip
"Nice to meet you RasAlGhul, and yea I heard of all that unpleasantness. Unfortunate news"
*Insight pulls out a cigar and lights up*
"I would love a drink Ras, I'd like a Becks if you have some"

"Love all the black Ras, you did a great job with the decorating"
Report Post Tip
Ras nodded silently, mourning the loss of some of his friends. It was a risky business he was in though and he knew that it would be plagued with plenty people he cared about eventually dying. Sighing and looking at the bright side - at least him and his Family were alright - he reached for the drink Insight had requested and slid it over to him.

"Why thank you sir, it happens to be my favorite color! Black is the color of night, and the shadows in which I dwell."

Ras chuckled for a moment, finishing off his whiskey with a hiccup.

"Think it's time for *hic* me to switch to beer instead of liquor! As you were saying though aye, most unfortunate news. Know any of the fallen very well mate?"
Report Post Tip

*Insight takes a sip from his beer*

"No I wasn't close to any of the fallen, sorry to hear about your friends though, I know it must be tough for you"

"hoping that keeping an ear to the streets will help clear all this up"

Report Post Tip

Taisya determined to visit an old family friend headed to Detroit. Her flight there was rather boring to her. She had listened to mundane conversations of the other passengers. Finally the plane stopped and she was able to leave. Brushing her hair back behind her ear as she grabbed the purse she had brought.

Quickly she skipped off to a business meeting that would be taking place near Shadowy Spirits. Once that was finished she would be heading over there for a drink. As long as she didn't get asked to do something else. Taisya was really looking forward to the short break she had planned for herself.

Skipping out of the business deal with money in hand Taisya walked briskly to Shadowy Spirits. Entering through the front door she gave herself a moment to adjust to the lighting. Removing her light coat and laying it over an arm as she looked about for RasAlGhul. Spotting him she quickly grabbed herself a seat nearby and waited patiently for her turn.

Report Post Tip
He sipped on his beer alongside Insight, lost in a moment of thought. There had recently been some debate via mailboxes about the legitimacy of his business here in Detroit, and it escalated far quicker than he'd anticipated. He had painted a lovely target on his forehead for one of the now deceased members of Detroit that spiraled quickly into the demise of Corktown.

Whether he was directly responsible enough for all the deaths or not, he doubted. It was suffice enough to say that it had been the cause of his recent headache, and he deserved another beer. Smacking his lips together as he finished off the first one, Ras turned his head towards the person entering. As she made her way up to the bar, he grabbed himself another beer and cracked it open before turning to her.

"Well hello there ma'am, how can I help you today?"
Report Post Tip

Expecting to have been waiting a bit longer Taisya startles. Recovering herself quickly she flashes a brilliant smile at him.

"Hello. Could I get a large rum and coke please?"

She watched him carefully. Her mind wandering every once and again to a far away place so she may have came across in a dreamy state. Her brain had been working overtime as of late and this was her downtime. She removed her shoes so she could sit cross legged. It was more comfortable for her after a long day. She doubted anyone would try to run off in her shoes anyways.

Report Post Tip
"Why of course you can, lovely." Ras said in his friendliest voice, extending his hand to shake hers.

"My name's Ras, Ras Al Ghul. What might I call you?"

Ras awaited her answer anxiously as his hands fumbled around the bar expertly. He grabbed a large glass and tossed some ice into it before carefully pouring an enormous measure of rum to the mix. He smiled broadly as he finished the concoction off with a cola that he'd just opened. Noticing the woman deep in thought, he coughed gently to get her attention as he handed over the drink.

"Everything alright, ma'am? You seem very distracted."
Report Post Tip

Taisya blinks distractedly for a few seconds. Gathering her thoughts up.

"You'll have to excuse me. It's been a long day. I have a lot on my mind."

She blushed at the compliment. Wringing her hands together as she watched the drink being made.

"You can call me Taisya. Nice to meet you Ras."

She took the drink from him and took a small sip. Closing her eyes for a moment to savour the taste of the rum.

"This is good. Have you been bartending long?"

Report Post Tip

Sammy knocks on the door and walks in very slowly.

"What kind of place do we have here."

Sammy says as he realized who ran it.

Report Post Tip
Ras was disrupted from his business by an urgent phone call. He normally didn't take calls while he was at work, but he knew there were only very few people who had this particular number and that they wouldn't have called if it wasn't urgent. "Durdens, Durdens! An attack by Delaware City incoming!" The voice had said panic struck. Ras merely rolled his eyes and went back to the bar, for Tyler Durden was of no worry to him.

Smiling as Taisya introduced herself, he took the compliment in stride but could not lie to the young lady.

"Actually ma'am, this is my first time personally owning/running a bar! But I did get some good tips from some of my ancestors who have had success in this field. What brings you to Detroit on this fine Spring day if you don't mind me asking?"

Ras sat there sipping his beer, glad that his Pub was filling up. As he began puffing on a cigar, he heard the door opening once more to yet another familiar face. He couldn't hide his excitement as Sammy walked through the door. Greeting him with a brief hug and sliding him a beer, Ras grinned.

"Sammy, glad to see you! Not too often we witness a Gravano siting outside of the HQ walls!" Ras chuckled, always glad to get a jab in where he could on his Boss. "How the hell are ya tonight?"
Report Post Tip

Taisya lets the two men speak for a moment before she replied to the question Ras had posed to her. Brushing the hair off her face as she looked over at him.

"Needed a bit of a change. Different scenery for a few hours if you know what I mean."

She downed the rest of her drink and pushed the glass back a bit.

"Well this has been one of the best drinks I have had in quite some time. Your ancestors definitely knew what they were doing."

Report Post Tip

It was slightly chilly outside when Fundin emerged from the shadows to enter the pub. He was tired and hungry from his travels abroad. He walked through the door and looked around for a minute, surveying the scenery and spotted a table out of the way of everyone where he could sit down and enjoy a couple of beers in peace and have a private talk.

Fundin scribbled a note on a napkin and paid a kid 10 dollars to run that note to the bar and give it to Ras.

Ras,

a business proposition is in order. I am sitting at the booth at the far corner of the room. I hope to see you there.

~Fundin

He stopped a passing waitor who dropped the tray he was carrying in surprise and ordered 2 beers.

Report Post Tip
Ras took the compliment gladly, and noticed that Taisya's drink was running low. His too wasn't as full as he wanted which sent him quickly off to make them each new ones. Smacking his lips together as he took a sip from his, he noticed a newcomer - Fundin. After the...debacle he'd gotten in to in the Streets, Ras knew that Fundin was no longer able to reply. Or breathe. Sighing, he turned his attention back to Taisya.

"Why thank ya ma'am, it's most appreciated. Liking your visit to Detroit so far?"
Report Post Tip

Johnny was walking down the streets of Detroit, he was checking out how things were coming along since the removal of Corktown, looked like things were a lot better with a new leader already up.

He needed a drink, he remembered back to one a conversation a few days ago with a young mobster saying his bar was re-opening in Detroit, this sounded like a fine time to check it out.

Johnny turned down the dark street walking towards the bar, he opened the door and noticed a few familiar faces, he walked over to the bar and took a seat in the middle. He looked over at RasAlGhul as he gathered drinks.

"How are you today man? Is the business coming along good?"

Johnny reaches into his pocket and pulls out a fine cigar, chewing on the end at first.

Report Post Tip

Taisya grinned as her glass was refilled. Drinks was always relaxing even when you were talking to the person running it. It seemed Ras had a brain in his head which was a blessed relief. So many fools these days you could never be sure.

"My visit to Detroit is much better now. I certainly love my down time."

She cradled her drink as a newcomer came sweeping through the doors. She lifted her gaze momentarily before taking a large sip of her drink. She paid her drink more attention and soon finished it. She pushed the glass back towards him just as she felt her stomach growl a bit.

"Could I have another please? Heavy on the rum. Also do you offer snacks or is there a nearby spot that would be open?" she quietly asked.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Shadowy Spirits
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL