Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 17:59:31
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Billy: Silenced for Good Started by: Snowy_White on Apr 14, '14 22:13
Fellow mobsters of the Six Cities, I come before you this evening to speak about the events of last night and relay the reasons that led to the removal of the leaders in Corktown, namely Billy and Viscario.

Billy always was held in high esteem by most if not all of the criminal underworld. His kin have led before and so his bloodline was well-trained in wearing the bold suit. He was the first man entrusted with moving over to Detroit after the removal of Dripple et al. He had started life in The Farm under the guidance of Cantillon and soon after moved to Chicago where he was given auth. He had built up a solid family foundation in Chicago and so the transition to Detroit was as smooth as everybody expected. Billy talked and engaged with so many mobsters, not only within his own family and district but those from every other city too.

Yobssarg also grew under the teachings of Cantillon over on The Farm in The Bronx. He and Billy spent some time together in the same family so knew each other quite well. Yobssarg was hand-picked by Cantillon to represent New York and also make the move to Detroit. This is where the similarities ended though. Yobssarg was the very definition of new blood stepping up to lead. This was the first time a member of his line had donned the bold suit. Yes he had been a hand for Cantillon but here he was being thrust into the limelight to run his own district. Cantillon had full faith in him however, and we all know Bronx's finest makes very few wrong calls. Yobssarg was always a very private man who only spoke with those he trusted one hundred per cent. He was not known to that many, but the ones that knew him well were in the upper echelon of La Cosa Nostra He kept his ear to the ground as any crewleader should, but he let others do the talking around him.

So Billy and Yobssarg were as different as chalk and cheese, but they cooperated well together in their new city. Both men had their own district but shared the same overall goal, to help make Detroit as strong as it had been before so that it wasn't looked down upon by the perennial powerhouses New York and Chicago. With the addition of the experienced Starscream to Black Bottom, who ran a very tight ship himself, the leaders of Detroit could only foresee a bright future.

However, as in most crewleader relationships, cracks began to develop. Yobssarg was the first man to take Godfather in the city and was rightly looked upon by most outsiders as the leader of Detroit. Yobssarg wasn't overly bothered by the mantle himself, but he did believe that Billy wanted to be the man calling the shots. In fairness, he was the first to relocate to Detroit so he could be forgiven for believing this. Billy would often say to the other upper structures that a Detroit meeting would be called to discuss the future of the districts and the proposed new auths.

This meeting never took place, despite frequent requests from Yobssarg. This angered him greatly as he felt him and the other leaders in Detroit were not being kept abreast of future plans. Yobssarg was further riled when Billy spoke about how Viscario should be picked ahead of Femto for the rumoured new district in Detroit. Both Femto and Yobssarg felt greatly disrespected that Billy was saying who should go where in the city. A clear power struggle was brewing beneath the usual niceties.

Another episode which gave Yobssarg cause for concern was Billy killing TheSpaniard's RHM Dominic_Santiago_ after he brought Assassin into TheSpaniard's family. Although the right protocol was not followed for the releasing of a member, Yobs felt he should have been consulted before the shot was taken. What pissed off Yobssarg the most was Billy's u-turn on Viscario. Viscario had fallen foul of Billy and Billy had informed Yobssarg that he would be dispensing with Viscario. Within minutes however Billy was championing Viscario to take over the new district instead of Femto. Yobs felt now that not only was Billy indecisive and couldn't handle his own matters but that he was starting to fuck around. This episode was when the seed was sown.

The straw that finally broke the camel's back was yesterday's 'Peezy' incident. Billy came complaining to Yobssarg about how he couldn't handle Peezy and Sneaker after some in-fighting between Billy and Peezy. Billy wanted Yobssarg to kill Peezy, but Yobs wanted Billy to sort out his own mess. It later became evident that Peezy wanted to go to war with Queens. If a leader of Detroit wanted to go to war with a district elsewhere, without his Godfathers approval, then that leader should never have been authed in the first place. When you make a mistake and auth the wrong people then it will ultimately cause your downfall.

Billy as man, as a godfather, as himself was never under threat but the decisions he was starting to make were what led to his demise. When you make a decision to auth someone and they try to go to war with past family, those who you know you can rely on, then you are digging your own grave. Yobssarg simply had no other choice than to eliminate him.

Of course with all takedowns, the main man's closest allies have to go with him. Maybe Viscario knew nothing of Billy's plan to kill him, maybe he did. Nevertheless it was rightly believed that Viscario would retaliate if he was kept alive and so that was a risk that could not be taken.

I would like to take this chance to say RIP to the fallen, I enjoyed conversing with both Billy and Viscario and believed they had it in them to enhance Detroit's reputation. But Yobssarg looked into things a little deeper than most, and he felt he couldn't deal anymore with Billy's actions. A power move? More than likely yes, but Yobs believed that with Billy's tyrantical tendencies and his appetite for overall power in Detroit, it was kill or be killed.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I bid you good evening.

Mucho Love,

Snowy
Report Post Tip

Interesting theories you have for the reasoning behind the take down of Corktown. Not knowing the situation or Yobssarg I guess I'll just have to take your word that this is, indeed, the reasoning but it saddens me a bit that this would be put out in public by someone other than the man himself.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

These are not my reasons friend, I have been relayed them from the man himself. 

Like I said, he's a man of few words in public. I am simply the messenger.

Report Post Tip

BobMaloogaloogalooga, there is a reason we have captains, close advisors and communicators. This world works in a chain of command. Don't you worry about who is posting it. Just be glad that you got some insight and it has the stamp of approval of the man himself.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
Quick question Snowy, why were you sent here to answer for what Godfather Yobssarg has done? JohnnyNoName comes here and relays the reasons for every takedown he has done, I don't believe he has sent any of his auths to do it.
Report Post Tip

They're not reasons? What are they then?

Whatever they are they feel marginalized and made less important when the man behind them couldn't even be bothered to deliver them.

Report Post Tip
War with Queens, you say? Ras chuckled softly at the notion of that.

I think rather that they had extreme problems with one individual, but alas. May the souls of the fallen rest easy.
Report Post Tip

Capitalist. JohnnyNoName and Yobssarg are two different people, two different Godfather's. Just because Johnny does one thing a certain way doesn't mean that another is going to do it the same way. Yobssarg didn't avoid posting this because he "couldn't be bothered", he gave his words to snowy to relay on to the rest of you. How are we going to nitpick about who posts what?

Report Post Tip

I must say I'm with Femto on this one. Just be happy Yobssarg is nice enough to have someone post here, and instead of slashing at Snowy why don't you thank you for coming out here?

I'd like to say thank you nonetheless for coming out here and informing the masses what has occurred. RIP to the fallen.

Report Post Tip

Capitalist.

I have relayed the takedown of Godfather Ragnar Lothbrok as a Captain in NY for Godfather Cantillon.

There is nothing wrong with the mans underboss relaying information to the streets. Be glad you got any explanation at all.

OT: Billy was a good man, I'm sorry to see him gone. I'm friends with Yobs though and if he thinks he made the right choice, who am I to question it?

Rest in peace Billy & Corktown.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,001 Tip

Another episode which gave Yobssarg cause for concern was Billy killing TheSpaniard's RHM Dominic_Santiago_ after he brought Assassin into TheSpaniard's family. Although the right protocol was not followed for the releasing of a member, Yobs felt he should have been consulted before the shot was taken.

I think since my name was brought into this that i should set the story straight on the part highlighted above.

I was approached by Dominic_Santiago_ personally that day with him requesting my help, given my excellent recruiting skills. I was given basic information (only what i needed to know) about the families current situation. After speaking with TheSpaniard in IRC avenue and coming to an agreement with both him and his RHM at the time, I approached my CL (SammyGravano). I explained the situation to my CL as i was told and he spoke with TheSpaniard. It was agreed by both CL's that i would go over there to help that family and make a legit attempt to help that family in a somewhat bleak situation. 

Billy in all his infinite "wisdom" decided to take it upon himself and shoot Dominic (bare in mind none of this was any of his concern as it was not his district) laying the blame completely on him. 

So as far as i am concerned, it was handled correctly, at least as far as what was in my control. Now if the CL's in question didn't handle that problem correctly then maybe the upper echelon needs to communicate better amongst each other and get on the same page on how certain situations need to be handled.

Report Post Tip

Femto this is not nitpicking. As has been said Yobssarg is a very private person but he's a very private person in a very high position and he's going to be judged by what people see. What people see right now is a guy who doesn't think the death of dozens of mobsters is important enough for him to come out give his reasons, sending his Captain to do it instead.

Report Post Tip

Bob that may be your opinion. But, what I see and do keep in mind this is me!

I only see a man who doesn't like coming out to the spotlight, which is why the Godfather has Capo's (Captains) who come out here for him. I don't think he doesn't think this is important enough for him, but rather just isn't his way of doing things. We shouldn't expect him too, were just lucky he at least sent someone out to do it for him.

Report Post Tip

Angelo chuckles at the thought of Peezy intending to war Queens. He knows all to well this is extremely far from the truth. He is pretty sure this purported "war threat" was the product of Billy's imagination. That damn doll would say anything to support his demented views.

Report Post Tip

Well Drakos you are welcome to your opinion but I, for one, don't feel lucky to know there is a leader out there who I think doesn't really take the death of people he worked with very seriously.

Report Post Tip

That is true. We are all welcomed to our own opinion, and I will quit trying to change yours. Have a fantastic day!

Report Post Tip

I wasn't going to come out here and post because to me it wasn't worth it but as you are speaking for Yobs I will go ahead and speak a few things.

Meeting: Yes there was a meeting planned, no a meeting did not take place because Femto danced around with an outside communication named Whatsapp, I asked him if it was not possible for him to get it and said we could just do it on another outside communication called IRC. This was the last I heard of this as you never bothered to contact anyone about a meeting past that.

Lie #1 commenced

Billy never wanted to run Detroit, Billy wanted to build a district and after being sent off and having Cantillon and Yajirobe asking him to take power in Detroit and help out their new to Godfather friend Yobs, he agreed to do so and to look after Yobs and help him out which he did immensely, the bank account transfer of 39,000,000 to help him finish his Bodyguards was a good sign of that and the fact that he kept Yobs in the loop the entire time.

Run Detroit he did not want to do but did so because he was asked nothing more. (Short Version)

Conversation outside of the game between Billy and Cantillon occurred in which Cantillon said that he thought Visicaro should take the 4th District. Once this was said Billy went immediately to Yobs and asked him his opinion on this. His reasons was that it wasn't a bad idea and because Visicaro would have the numbers by then to send off and actually fill a district. Yobs agreed to this and said that he would rather it be somebody they knew. During this conversation, Yobs never bothered to mentioned anything about wanting Femto to run a district, which if he had, he would not have minded that either as for Billy it always about the betterment of Detroit, not the betterment of himself.

In the case of Dominic_Santiago, Spaniard actually blamed her completely for everything including the entry of the bloodline of Assassin which was not actually the problem. The problem was that nobody knew about this transfer nor what he was here for, including his own acting Godfather. His acting Godfather then decided to handle the problem and asked Billy if he would want to take the shot on Dominic as he was a little upset that nobody was actually consulted about this. Billy took the shot, and took the heat, and apparently the death for something that Yobs was never involved in, and didn't actually involve Yobs personally.

Now onto the point of Peezy, Peezy's Right Hand had got mad at Ras who had posted a business district thread without approval. After a mail sent to one named Squishy asking for power to handle this with a deletion of business district threads option, Sneaker decided that it was best to either shoot Ras, or get rogues to do so which she said she has done in the past. Billy then spoke to Peezy who refused to kill her and said that he should just trust that she wouldn't do anything, however, after harsh insulting mails to Billy and already speaking before blocking her own Godfather that she would talk to her real friends who had a "backbone" he decided this risk was not worth taking. Billy then contacted Starscream and Yobs asking them to help find locations, Yobs asked what was going on and was told immediately,  he asked if there was a way to solve it peacefully and I told him there was not, past that he continued to help and even was fine with Snowy_White taking the shot on Sneaker and involving his district in this removal. When the shot was attempted due to the PPing finding by Snowy_White confirming Sneaker's location and the attempted shot did not go through as Sneaker was pro'd and was clearly tipped off about possibly dying. Billy shot Peezy to prevent any kind of actions done by Peezy knowing we were going to kill Sneaker anyways. Again. with the location help of Downtown in this entire situation.

Now since you like to try to throw Billy under the bus I want to speak on a few things from Billy's journal I found. The first one being that Femto was never mentioned to anyone in Detroit about wanting a district. Femto was not even capped and actually neither was Yobs, actually Snowy_White had gambled away millions of dollars and 400-500 credits which only hurt him being able to cap himself and help with the district. Instead Billy handed out nearly 40 million dollars to Yobs to cap himself. I love how this wasn't mentioned.

The night Visicaro and Peezy were going to be removed for the argument that we had where he removed tags and begged me to shoot him, that night was the same night that Yobs and his district were helping find locations and be shooters for this takedown. Every takedown mentioned above they were involved in and did not one time bother to share their disagreement with what was going on.

Also the journals read that Yobs actually was not a saint himself. Having his first RH leave him and disappear back to New York to eventually take a bold under Cantillon, along with another RH to Snowy_White who asked to be shot and later told Visicaro that he had left because Downtown was extremely unorganized and couldn't even pick a Hit Squad Leader.

Then there was the night that Femto mailed Billy asking him to mail out about him going bold, again, this wasn't known to Billy until that time, he was contacted shortly after by a New York Leader who told him to tell him to wait for Yobs and again this bold actually never happened.

Detroit had also agreed to share a document that had the Detroit guns on it for emergency, Starscream and Billy had filled out this completely. However, Yobs couldn't even get the shot reports from his district to bother to fill in any of this information, Billy had to ask Yobs many times to finally receive a number to put down, he also had to manually go to Femto to add his, as well as Snowy_White who never filled his in and a week or more later told him he was busy and would get to it but by then we had agreed on something different.

Yobs never spoke about anything to anyone in Detroit, most conversations between Billy and Yobs was started by Billy who tried constantly to bring a unified Detroit. Billy tried his ass off to keep his district safe, and did everything he had to do to protect them, while some may disagree, most if not the high percentage of his district would agree that he did what he had to do based on district safety.

Yajirobe had contacted Billy numerous times stating that he wanted him to run Detroit and help Yobs out since he was new. Billy had promised Yajirobe and Cantillon that he would keep Yobs safe and keep him in the loop and he did just that. At the end of the day, Yobs shot Billy to give a district to Femto despite never mentioning this to anyone in Detroit and as far as Billy knew, to nobody even outside of Detroit.

Billy's kin had made an end note in his journal that Yobs made a power move to get full control of a city. He also stated before this journal ended that Yobs spoke to this kin on outside source IRC and said that he killed Billy because he "could"

The final thought wrote in Billy's journal was that he had a run just like every other Godfather before him, when he went out he wished he had actually shot certain people and suffered the consequences after. He was happy with what he achieved but he would never do it again.

Now to end this post for me because I am not going to argue this shit and rather just put Billy's words into here so people have both sides of the story and can choose their side for themselves. I personally wish you luck Snowy_White and Yobs. Femto I hope your district is very successful and I personally look forward to watching Detroit bloom into what you wanted. So with that being said, best of luck to you Detroit boys.

Personally I have known Billy for a very long time. He shadowed me when I was just a young mobster trying to make a name for myself, and guided me when I took my first major role in this world of ours. For this Billy, I consider you a great friend of mine. You are a great player and I was devastated to see you go down so early into such a fucking fantastic run.

However, I can see why this removal was necessary. Yobssarg had tried to follow up the meetings that Billy wanted to have (or so it seems at least.) But Billy, in the end did not attend. Also, when there are two leaders in a city who do not get along (Never mind them both being GFs) it is as Snowy stated, kill or be killed. Yobssarg had been patient with Billy and his actions. He had endured Billy and his "tyrantical tendencies" and had, overall had enough of Billy. He was thinking of his city as whole and doing what was best for them. For that, I respect the choice you have made Yobssarg.

RIP to Billy and Visicaro. Both great friends who I have known for a fairly long time. I hope I still catch you both around the coffee shops from time to time.

Also, thank you Snowy for coming out here and explaining last nights actions thoroughly.

Report Post Tip
Personally, I don't feel that a man handling his business should be part of a reason for a takedown. He took out threats before anything of note happened, problem solved before it was created. That should be how it's done.

If that is a legit reason to put another notch in the takedown column it's no wonder were stuck in a fucking loop. If it's a continuous cycle of it happening over and over I could understand, or if it caused damage.

From an outsiders perspective and no disrespect is intended but I saw Billy as the head of Detroit, regardless of who took the godfather position first. Branching out and touching base with everyone, not a select few, gains you support for the title.

While it is about chain of command (although most people preaching about it would never actually follow it), politics is key. Around here it's about being seen, one way or another. There should be no dispute of this.

I honestly can't believe so many people think the masses should feel lucky they received an explanation looooong after a takedown took place and from someone thats not even the decision maker.

Thats laughable right there, in my opinion.

Sure, I accept that Godfathers are going to work differently and the captain can be sent to deliver the news to people, thats fine. But to call it lucky that they bothered to do so simply shows that you hold little value in the process.

If someone starts killing districts and doesn't explain why, its safe to say that they wouldn't be trusted for very long.

Thank you Snowy and Barret for the views of the takedown.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Billy: Silenced for Good
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL