Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 10:51:30
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Billy: Silenced for Good Started by: Snowy_White on Apr 14, '14 22:13
Godfather Yobssarg too busy to give this speech or is one persons bullshit as good as anothers?
Report Post Tip

YusukeUrameshi, that's the biggest pile of crap I have ever heard. When I try to write on a chalkboard with cheese it doesn't look like anything and all I get is a pile of crumbled cheese in my hand.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Fundin, please stop acting like you're God's gift to the world and things are mainly done over the sole purpose of yourself. Please quit gloating about things you think you're so amazing at, instead of letting others make those assumptions.

You put yourself on a much higher pedestal than what you're really at. From what I heard during this speech, this wasn't the sole reason or even a majority of it. So your comments right now are certainly getting a little out of control. "Watch who you're backstabbing". "I was paying so and so to rogue on you".

Get your shit together. You're doing a hell of a piss poor job representing those you work for right now. The fact that you're talking about it openly and with that attitude is a bit disgusting.

Reply by: Mako at Apr 15, '14 01:11

This is the best thing I've read in this entire piss poor excuse for a thread. Kudos Mako.

Basically, in my opinion, the reasons for a takedown should always be made, and should always be made by the person initiating the takedown. In this case, it would be Yobs. Not his RH, not his captain, not his sisters boyfriends fucking dog. Him, himself should be out here doing this. The fact he isn't because that's "not how he operates" is complete crap. He should be out here. End of.

As for the reasons and the thread itself, it was very very long winded, for very little point. To include a backstory of the habits of the Godfathers in a takedown thread is ridiculous for a start, and the reasons included thereafter are an absolute shambles, especially since the kin of Billy has so easily managed to offer a counter point for every one since.

This is the reason for the takedown:

A power move? More than likely yes

Apart from you could remove "more than likely" from that statement, that's probably the only 100% true and factual thing you've said in this speech.

Stop trying to pull wool over everybody's eyes and just say it how it fucking is.

Report Post Tip

SammyG, then why are you in a district that did the exact same thing with Ragnar_Lothbrok? If you completely disagree with such an action then you wouldn't join a city/ditrict that have done the same thing.

Report Post Tip

Is that honestly your only response? "Somebody did it so they can do it as well"? Poor showing there.

I joined a family in this district that wasn't set up then for a start. Also, this place is so disjointed and just plain gone to shit now, that if I looked at every district/city for why I wouldn't join them, every one of my kin would be shot for being unsponsored for too long.

Report Post Tip

Sammy, while you think you know what your talking about. Your actually one of the ones that are stuck in a loop. This is the family, the family do things for one another, they don't answer to earners who are yet to earn their family badge.

I think that it's more realistic that a captain comes out and explains this than the Godfather himself. Thats how the game should be played.

Report Post Tip
Yajirobe you say that sammyG's district did the same thing to godfather Ragnar which is true. However they never sent anyone over there to set up in Bella Vista and take control. Godfather Cantillon left the district to Donnie and Catalyst, and whatever happened then was between them.
Report Post Tip

(It is more realistic, but then would anyone say anything in the Streets at all by that logic? Doubtful. Sometimes we must sacrifice realism for the game to be enjoyable.)

Report Post Tip

Yajirobe, are we posting in character or going to OOC? You've referred to me only being an earner in one sentence, and then that this is a game in another...

I'll go with OOC, because it makes this easier.

I've been around long enough to know "how this place works" and this has never been how it has worked, so please don't try to patronise me with that crap.

Could you maybe elaborate on this loop I am stuck in though, as I'm quite intrigued as to how I'm stuck in anything.

Report Post Tip

Thank you for taking the time to tell us a reason for the takedown. Whether it's muffled under sugar bushes or not is besides the point.

I have to agree with SammyG though. I feel Godfather Yobssarg should have taken the time to do the speech as he initiated it. Although if you recall there was a godfather not long ago that also did no speaking for himself so maybe he is taking a page out of that book. 

Report Post Tip

"I've been around long enough to know "how this place works" and this has never been how it has worked"

I think you will find that I also have been around "long enough" to know "how this place works". Let us delve into that a little deeper, shall we? When RHM used to control their leaders accounts did they used to openly post things for their leader? I think you will find that the answer is yes if you open your history books.

I have seen captains post for their acting Godfathers many, many many times, so I will give you "this crap" because I do infact know how this place works just as well as any other who has been around the block.

I talk a little bit of game, a little bit of ooc. I wont deny that. I have said it before in other street debates.

All I'm trying to say here is that Snowy_White posted for Yobssarg, I'm pretty sure if it had of been Yobssarg, the same words would have been posted anyway because they voice the same views and opinions. DanTheMan has openly stated that he as captain posted about New York taking out Philly and nothing was said for him doing it.

I'm pretty happy to sit here an argue, this is the mafia thats what we do. Though when I said your in a loop, your in the same loop as a few around here that can't accept a captain speaking on behalf of his Godfather? Thats the Mafia buddy thats the way it's supposed to work. Nobody is really supposed to know the mind of the Godfather until he strikes.

I hope that is cleared that up for you just a little bit.

Report Post Tip
Firm believer that every action should be defended by the person responsible for it. In this world, as far as I'm concerned, godfathers should be vocal. Vocal about their actions, plans, policies and anything else in between. Whether you're explaining it to your district/city or the world. As I said, you NEED to be seen in this world, it's not like another.

Also, this whole thing comes off cocky as hell and makes it seem like it was an ego padding power move rather than a warranted removal. Whether that's true or not, we do what we can and that's what it all boils down too.
Report Post Tip

I read two perspective;s from both sides and what i saw was this. You had  two very accomplished leaders and a city that was split on who was the head of the city. It was inevitable that a fight would occur in order to make it clear once and for all who is the head of Detroit. I wish it could have been avoided because the city was on a great track but this is only a set back. I hope future Godfathers will learn from this incident to avoid any set backs at a later date. My personal perceptive is this, put aside ego or what you want and try to build a strong city that is unified. To me it does not matter who has the most power as long as you do your job work as a team to better the city as a whole. Be unselfish towards that goal because nothing sucks more then pouring everything you have into it just so it can all be destroyed due to the greed of a few. Many people see its as District vs District but i always look at a city as one. Course it takes a good number of great friends/ leaders to make that dream a reality.   

On another topic it astounds me just how many posts lost focus on the topic at hand (The removal of Billy). Plus honestly and this is my opinion, but who cares on a godfather preference when it comes to relaying info. Not one post i read showed any sign that Godfather Yob was to busy to come to the streets, that assumption was made by others. If a godfather wants to come and speak on the streets himself or ask one of his Captains to, the message is still being sent. Two different kinds of personalities with two different kinds of styles. Sure there was a delay and it would have been nice to get it early but the world still spinning.

Everyone knows this is a mafia game and not a democracy.  There is a chain of command starting with authorized leadership who run a family how he/she sees fit and their choices dictate the life or death of their members, district or city.  Each leader has a different set of goals, personalities,  perspectives, strengths and weaknesses that determines just how far they plan to go.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $30,000 Tip

LOL. So let's say the dead make a great point and Yobs was wrong... whats going to happen?

Nothing. These debates have been going on for years and nothing happens except the same result: WE MOVE ON.

Everyone knows that Visicaro is my best friend/brother of 10+ years. Bills are paid, family is safe.. this is just MR.

WouldaCouldaShoulda = waste of energy.

Report Post Tip

Thats the Mafia buddy thats the way it's supposed to work. Nobody is really supposed to know the mind of the Godfather until he strikes.

What about after he strikes?

I keep seeing people comparing this to other situations but this differs from them in that these other situations involve Godfathers who have made their presence known. People have had a chance to hear them speak and know what they are about. If someone wants to be a mute Godfather and just sit there and look pretty I have no problem with it but when that Godfather decides to shoot up a district it makes me want to get to know what he's about. If he's as silent and Yobssarg has been I have only his actions to go off of and his unwillingness to even bother to make a street appearance tells me that either the death of dozens of people means very little to him or the reasoning being presented is such bullshit that he doesn't want to be the one feeding it to the public. Or it could be both.

Again I could be wrong but these are the conclusions one comes to based on the information that's out there right now.

Report Post Tip
It had been quite some time since a Street speech had intrigued Ras's line enough for him to crawl out of the shadows and say more than a few words, but this one had flicked a switch that he couldn't quite shake off. Collecting all of his points mentally before verbalizing them, Ras stepped from the shadows lurking in the background of the Street and lit a cigar. Stepping up to where everyone could see him (which was quite unusual for Ras, as he thrived in the shadows and the less seen areas of this world), he cleared his throat.

So I'll try to make this as quick and painless as possible folks, but I can't promise that. First and foremost I'd like to mention my complete and utter DISGUST at the OOC-itis that has occurred throughout this conversation.

Ras smirked, as he knew that some folks wouldn't give a fuck.

Do you see what I did there, though? CONVERSATION. This is a Street SPEECH. Not a thread. So please, inject the fattiest parts of your asses with an OOCitis cure, and come back when you remember that is not a "game", and that some serious shit happens out here.

Pausing to swat away the Gangster who'd tried picking his pockets, Ras was very pleased to see a few more people popping up to hear him speak.

Now moving on to the more important things. I think one of the things that struck a cord with me most is this silly discussion on whether or not it was 'appropriate' for Yobs to delegate someone in his place to make this speech. I may be wrong, but the way I see it is this - who the FUCK is anyone outside of the uppermost echelon to have a problem with this? People bitch when they don't get an explanatory speech after a takedown. People bitch when it's not for the 'right' reasons. But bitching just because what your peon brain considers the 'wrong' person? Seriously? Do you want some cheese with that? What is the point of becoming a GodFather if you can't have those working for you...do your work for you? Clearly if the other GodFathers of our cities had a problem with it, they would've stated so by now.

I think the lower-end of the community seems to forget that the GodFathers owe them nothing whatsoever. Where did this sense of self-worth come from? Perhaps the water in certain areas got tainted. Perhaps there wasn't enough suckling time on the tit as a baby. Who knows, but if everybody could remember that the only thing the uppers of our world owe us is to keep us alive, I think it would save a lot of headache.

They don't owe use these explanatory speeches, they don't owe us an explanation as to why someone made it instead of another someone, and they fucking certainly don't owe us the time of day it takes to be as patient with the idiots out here as they have been. And yet there they sit week in and week out listening to you all drone. Fucking kudos to them for not losing their damn minds.

Certainly as we saw in the list of reasonings, this "Assassin" fellow did have something to do with this take down, however... bringing up things that happened within the lifetime of his ANCESTORS, in a conversation that had initially started off as a crowd-pleasing explanatory speech... Ras sighs deeply and shakes his head. Quit sipping on that soursauce. To those who have stated their negative thoughts and feelings about the dead, I'd like to slap you silly with a limp smelly noodle. Since when has it been alright to do these things publicly?

Ras lit a cigarette (having long since finished his cigar) and inhaled deeply, hoping that the veins in his neck would quit throbbing.

Just one more thing before I skip merrily off into the shadows and leave this conversation for good...

Angelo chuckles at the thought of Peezy intending to war Queens. He knows all to well this is extremely far from the truth. He is pretty sure this purported "war threat" was the product of Billy's imagination. That damn doll would say anything to support his demented views.

~ Angelo-Meli ~

To you sir, I must admit you're not entirely wrong. The "war on Queens" was VERY made up, as there wasn't ever even the slightest chance of Peezy or Sneaker making an attack on this beloved district that I call home. It's been covered elsewhere so I won't go too into detail - but it was in fact only my life that they were interested in taking. Perhaps Fundin's too. All over a Business within the walls of Detroit, one that is now absolutely booming with activity. Kind of pathetic that these people would risk the lives of an entire district over a debate with little ol' me, eh?"
Report Post Tip

You're speech might have drawn more consideration from me had it been done with the respect that a Wise Guy should have when speaking  on the streets. Sorry but my "peon brain" can't understand why a fucking Wise Guy would come out here and disrespect a Made Man. Seeing as this is the standard you hold yourself to I have no intention of considering a lecture on rank from someone who clearly either doesn't understand it himself or is a raging hypocrite. Considering how you've represented your boss here it's probably a good thing you're leaving this conversation for good.

Report Post Tip
Ras wasn't one for going back on his word, but he figured it was worth making an exception for in this case.

Ehhh, I don't quite see where I was disrespectful to anyone in particular? Though on the whole debate of "respecting those who outrank you", the fact that I'm not a Made Man yet is entirely due to lacking the proper age set forth by our Gods. My points will be as valid in two days when that changes as they are currently.
Report Post Tip

Clearly I was wrong and you have a wonderful grasp of the meaning and value of rank. One thing you are right about...your point will be as valid in two days as it is now. Not at all.

Report Post Tip
Ras chuckles softly as he slips off into the shadows, pitying Bob for his ignorance. Some people only saw and heard what they wished to see/hear, and nothing anyone could do would change this unfortunate fact of life.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Billy: Silenced for Good
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL