X

May 09 - 04:56:51
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
The Blackhawk Restaurant Started by: Isabella-Luciano on Jul 02, '18 01:00

╔═══°,*⋅✲══〖〗══✲⋅*,°═══╗

TᕼE ᗷᒪᗩᑕKᕼᗩᗯK

RESTAURANT

╚═══°,*⋅✲══〖〗══✲⋅*,°═══╝

Food isn’t the only reason to go out on the town in the Motor City!  On Saturday nights, there's just one place you want to be: The Blackhawk Restaurant, host of a popular radio show, Live! at the Blackhawk!

Opened in the 1920s, the swinging restaurant often hosts the likes of Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Perry Como and Louis Prima. Being seen at such a place in the 1930s, during an era when people just couldn't spring for a night out at a place with A-List Celebs, was sure to set you note you as one of the 'elite' of the day.

+++++

Entering the establishment one is assaulted by the sounds of clarinets, drums and brass playing live on stage, arguably they are some of the most talented musicians to ever live.  A dance floor is near the stage and men and women dressed to the nines cut a rug.  The host will seat you either at your reserved table or at whatever happens to be open depending on your 'prior arrangements' with the owner Old Joe.

THE MENU is full of top of the line eats for you to enjoy, you're given time to decide on your drinks and appetizers and to place your order.  One thing is for sure, you're gonna have one hell of a night!

+++++

Isabella had been in a funk since being shot a second time in as many weeks.  While she couldn't dance, she longed to be home in the Motor City and surrounded by the amazing sights and sounds of the city.  She needed to be dressed to a tee, rubbing elbows with the biggest names and all the stars who visited for the culture and illegal whiskey brought in from Canada.  She wanted to be seen, to feel alive, and as such - when Marie_Lucania asked her where she wanted to go for dinner before she was finally taken home post-war ... it was The Blackhawk she chose.

She dressed in white, sleeveless and bare shoulders - though she did bring a small jacket for modesty's sake.  The second she entered the establishment she couldn't help but looking around as if she'd just resurfaced from deep waters in which she was drowning.  She'd become very accustomed to life like this - she really never could go back to the way things use to be in New York.

"Thank you for bringing me here."  She said to Marie.  "I promise you'll love the food."

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $180,000 Tip

Apache seen the fabulous restaurant when he first moved his headquarters here to Detroit.  He had been so busy with the move that he had not had the time to make it over to the amazing sight of a establishment.  The place lit up the dark Detroit street.  One day Apache decided enough was enough he threw the paperwork that needed to be done into his drawer and headed toward The Blackhawk Restaurant.  

Once he opened the front door he could hear the graceful music beaming throughout the whole building.  There was a nice worker that led him to his seat.  As he looked over the menu he was having a hard time decided what he wanted from the long list of entrees they had available.  I medium built blond walks to the table asking what Apache would like to drink.

”uh I’ll take a gin straight on the rocks!  I’ll need a few more minutes to look over the menu!”

When Apache looked up, to his surprise he seen Isabella-Luciano.  He was surprised she had noticed him looking to her.  Apache waved her to his table.

This is a great place you got going here!  I had to put down some work to come and check it out.  I’ve been meaning to stop in sooner.  I’ve been looking at the menu and I am having a real hard time deciding what to get. Do you have any recommendations?”

Report Post Tip

Her mood instantly improved upon seeing Apache waving her over.  "Excuse me Godmother."  She said to Marie_Lucania "I'll only be a moment."

She made her way across the floor to Apache's table and gave a wide grin.  "Well, it's good to see you here."  As he explained needing to put aside work to get out a bit she nodded.  "Sometimes it's very hard to justify getting out... it's part of the reason for the radio broadcast you know?  I love listening to the music at my office and it reminds me to get out and let me hair down from time to time."

She glanced at the menu before adding, "You might try the Veal Saute with Baked Potato.  I adore it.  Most times I get that when I come here.  Be sure to let them know you're a friend of Don Salvatore_Luciano and you'll get the locals discount.  The owner takes real  good care of us here."

Report Post Tip

Flexx and his partner Taga was out handling business, the hustle never stops so they were always on the move. Just making it back from the last deal they had scheduled, they decided to stop into one of the local restuarants in the city they heard about. They pull up and park, Flexx takes a few more puffs of his blunt and passes it to Taga before they get out and enter the establishment. Taga takes another drag then puts the blunt out. As Flexx steps out of the vehicle, he turns his fedora to the left as the walk into the place. As they enter they stop and scan the area. The music was perfect and the place had a great ambiance to it. Flexx looks over at the bar and makes his way over.  They approach and take a seat as they look around at all of the gangsters in attendance.

“This is a cold joint here Taga, I’m glad we made our way in here. I wonder if we could smoke in here?”

Flexx says as he continues to look around and tap his feet to the music playing. He looks over and spots his boss Apache in the distance. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It was a long trip to Detroit for Calimero and he was feeling quite hungry so he made his way to the Detroit Business district from his gambling racket at the Motor City Butcher Shop. He was hoping that he could find a good place to get a meal and something to drink to end his night...

As he made his way around the streets of the Motor City, he finally noticed "The Blackhawk Restaurant" which sounded just as good of an option as any. Once inside he was quite impressed with the music, the decor, and the aroma created by the food. As he makes his way inside he spots Isabella-Luciano who is dressed in white. He get's seated and waves over at her.

"Buona, sera come stai?" He forgot for a moment to stick to english, "I am feeling quite famished. What would you suggest to eat for a man who is missing the old country? I'm also not much of a beer man, so I was curious what wine you may have or suggest as well?"

He felt his stomach grumble as it had been quite a few hours since he had last eaten a meal. It was also a while since he had a good meal with some wine to compliment it.

Report Post Tip

Noting another friendly face she says, "Excuse me." To Apache and makes her way to @Calimero_DiGrazi.  She smiles at his Italian and replies, "I'm well, thank you so much."  She couldn't recall having met this man before but he seemed to know her so she tried her best to be polite.  After all, considering who her father was, it was far more likely people might know her than she know them.

When he asked for a food and wine recommendation she almost felt like one of the staff, but she reminded herself that she was - in manner of speaking, the local expect on The Blackhawk and in asking her there was no insult intended (nor should she find it.)  "Hmmm, a taste of home.  Sadly I can't speak from experience, I have yet to visit the Old Country... but, my Mother always felt strongly about seafood and the Scallops & Oysters here really are as good as anything she use to make.  I certainly wouldn't mind vouching for how good they are.  

"As for wines, Huet Vouvrays 1918 is French but very nice, it's inexpensive and gets the job done.  Ask the waiter for some after you order, a glass of alcohol is served gratis here with dinner, since thanks to Prohibition they can't legally sell it... but, of course, that's why the prices for the meals are as they are."

Report Post Tip

Isabella added, "You know, I can't shake the thought that we have met before."  She says to Calimero_DiGrazia  "I'm Isabella Luciano.  I hope I'm not insulting you or making a fool of myself by making my introductions 'again'?"

Report Post Tip

Calimero smiled at the question from Isabella, "Well, I do not know you personally no. I have come to know of a few different mafioso from my time spent with and talking to Marie in Chicago. We are old friends from back in the old country. I came here on a request to speak to her. I definitely wanted to make sure to travel and experience America besides just the city of Chicago. So here I am."

He quickly turned to the waitress who had arrived at the table....

"Ah, yes I shall order the Scallops and Oysters that have been suggested to me so kindly." He handed over the menu to the girl and then in a hushed tone, "Oh, I'd also enjoy a glass of Huet Vouvrays 1918. If you'd be able to pour me one when you have the time." 

The waitress went off and this allowed Calimero to turn his attention back to Isabella-Luciano

"So, besides this wonderful restaurant do you know of any other places in Detroit I should visit? Do you have any suggestions of other fine cities I could spend time in? I've only spent time so far in Chicago and now Detroit. Besides my short time in New York going from boat to train." As he was finishing his response a glass of wine was dropped off at his table.

He picked it up, swirled it about, took a whiff and then a small sip to taste it. Ah, the flavor was quite good. Although it was French it was worthy of praise, even though it could not compare to the wine at home. 

"This was surely a fine suggestion you have made. Grazie." He nodded at Isabella as he took another sip.

Report Post Tip

"Be sure you visit the river walk in Philadelphia and let them know I sent you.  I keep meaning to get out that way but it seems every time I make plans things seem to get in the way and conspire to keep me in Detroit."  

She smiled, "So you knew Marie in the old country..."  She chuckled.  "Well as her Step-Daughter I'd love to know more about her in her youth.  I can hardly imagine the sort of girl she use to be.  Lord knows she's a formidable and impressive force these days... was she always so well put together?"

Report Post Tip

After handing the Valet his keys, D7 makes sure to tip the kid well. Before entering he takes a quick last glimpse at his reflection, black fedora with grey band, all black suit with a fine sharp grey pinstriping, black shoes you can see your reflection in, a sloght budle in the left side of his suit, and finally on top a long grey trench coat. D7 nods and walks inside as the door is held open for him.

There was no "reservation", no wait. This was someone who was a new friend, his new family. D7 takes a seat in a booth towards the back. After he orders he notices something out the corner of his eye. It was Isabella-Luciano and she looked amazing. D7 goes back to waiting for his alcohol. Thoughts about the bosses daughter were bad thoughts. Some may say suicidal. "Haha." he chuckles under bis breathe.

Report Post Tip

Stephen had heard his friend Isabella-Luciano had opened up a new The Blackhawk Restaurant in town, curious he jumps in his car and heads down there. Parking up his car he enters through the big double doors at the front of the restaurant, inside the place is buzzing people are laughing and joking all over the place. A woman approached him to take his coat and asked if he needed a table 

"Im waiting for my friend Elias_Luciano, then we will grab a table for now i will head to the bar."

Stephen headed towards the bar and pulled out a bar stool  "double whiskey on the rocks please." He said to the bartender, Stephen took his drink and pulled out a smoke and soaked in the atmosphere.

Report Post Tip

Isabella finished up her chat with with the priest and gives a smile to DeeSe7en before wandering over to the bar to get a drink.  "A gin and tonic please."  She turns and sees Stephen_Strange standing there.  "Well, finally we get the chance to speak."  She says offering her hand.

"Isabella... and you're Mr. Strange, is that correct?"

Report Post Tip

Calimero smiled at the question and also chuckled a bit as he felt that Marie had left out some information about Isabella which would make him seem a bit foolish not to realize the relationship connecting the two...

"Well, she was quite the strong willed child. I was probably more of the follower than anything. I suppose that is why I went into service of her family rather than vying for power. So I suppose you can say she was always so well put together. Sometimes I believe she was already practicing leading her own familiy with me as her trusty follower." He smiled and took a sip of his drink.

His plate of food also finally arrived, but he would let it sit for a bit...

"I mean, you have to grow up with a strong will to make some of the decisions she did. I believe many of those things begin to flourish in childhood. A shy child may remain shy for many years of their life, possibly forever. But a strong willed child who seems to fear nothing will grow up to be a formidable force. That is partly why I have chosen to stay here in the states, to work with her and help her in any way possible." He watched as Isabella-Luciano continued to listen intently.

He took another sip of the wine, really getting to enjoy it as it was a fine selection.

"I am glad to have taken your wine suggestion by the way. Where was I....ah yes...well I think that maybe she might see herself differently as I know everyone tends to. So all of this is just from my perspective. Her whole family has always been quite strong in character and will power. She has accomplished many things just as he father had in the old country. Possibly more."

Report Post Tip

Stephen takes Isabella-Luciano hand and gives it a kiss. He smiles at her. "Hi i am Stephen, it is a pleasure to meet you, will you sit while i wait for my friend Elias_Luciano?" He asks her nervously "I'am just waiting on my drink, could i get you one?"

Stephen pulls out a bar stool for her.

Report Post Tip

Elias got a telephone call earlier in the evening from his friend Stephen_Strange - he'd been invited to The Blackhawk Restaurant - actually owned by his love, Isabella-Luciano.. He had a few loose ends to tie up, but promised Stephen he'd be over at some point in the evening, but before going, he wanted to have an important meeting with Godfather Luciano. That matter was more pressing and preoccupied all of Elias' mind, as tempting as it was to leave immediately and get extremely drunk...

As the hours passed, Elias wondered if Stephen was still waiting for him...'if he's still there, he must be wondering where I am, let alone what kind of state he's going to be in!' He buttoned up his black coat as he left the office of Godfather Luciano and made the short trip to The Blackhawk Restaurant..

Elias walked in and his eyes fixed on Isabella, he'd not seen her in what felt like forever, and walked up behind her, put his arms around her waist and kissed her neck, and whispered in her ear 'it's good to see you love, I'm wondering if you've seen Stephen around? He's asked me to pop by, I'm just running late after a meeting with your father, I'm sorry..'

Report Post Tip

Elias_Luciano had snuck up on her.  The surprise, however, was a pleasant one.  She savored the feel of him so near to her for just a moment, dropping her hand to let her fingers touch his, before pointing out how silly he was (or maybe how focused upon her he'd been) by clearing her throat.  "Stephen here,"  She motioned to the man next to her, "Was just introducing himself.  Why don't you have a seat and join us, Elias?"

She wondered if Stephen_Strange heard Elias wondering out loud where he was while standing so near to the man!

Report Post Tip

Stephen laughed wondering how Elias_Luciano did not see him. "Will you to get a room already." Stephen looked at both Elias and Isabella_Luciano and shook his head smiling "Now DRINKS! First round on me, what we all drinking?" 

Stephen signalled over the bartender to come over and take a drinks order.

Report Post Tip

Elias gestured Isabella over to the table where Stephen was sitting..'tonight's your night, no work. Drinks allowed only! Good call Stephen' said Elias, before going over to shake his friends hand...'I've bought some Cuban Cigars for us both if you wish to have a smoke up? Mine's the usual...a bourbon whiskey please brother'

Report Post Tip

"Make mine a Gin and Tonic... and I hope you brought enough cubans for the whole class?  I've never had one.  I have been dying for the chance to try one though.  Thought I might have to beg Elias to take me to Cuba on a honeymoon just to score some."  She laughed.

"You know, it's good we've gotten a chance to sit down together tonight.  I've been wanting to pick the brains of some wise guys I trust... in lew of them, you guys will do."  She winks at the boys.  "Mind if we talk a little business?"

Report Post Tip

I walked in, and had seen some of  the Tower's pilliars in the family, and decided to go sit with them, if they did not mind of course. I had heard the talk of business, and did not want to intrude if Don Isabella still wanted to continue with that topic. I ordered a red wine for myself, and asked if anyone wanted a refill on what they were drinking. I had not been here before, but it just might be a place I might frequent more often. Plus, I kinda know the owner.

Speaking to Don, "I asked what the specialty is here. I am probably in the mood for just about anything, I feel very hungry right now, and a good time to relax. I just flew in from Vegas, my first time there. I do not know what to make of it yet. I just my have to go back a few more times to figure it out. It is nice to be back home too, and really take a look around and see places I never knew were here. Like this place, who  knew this was here. "

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Blackhawk Restaurant
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL