Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:07:37
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
VOTE FRAUD - Please Read :) Started by: Squishy on Oct 23, '10 03:50

Vote fraud is when you click the +'s, get the XP/Cash/Timer Reductions - but do not complete your end of the deal (aka, do the actual vote).

There is an extremely forgiving system in place to ensure that no one can be killed for vote fraud due to human error, network error, website error, or pretty much any way other than "Clicking the +'s hundreds of times and never ever voting"

If you don't want to vote, thats fine, just don't click the +'s and claim the rewards please :)

I killed everyone who had a near 0% vote honesty score who was around or above 100 consecutive vote frauds.  We set the threshold that anyone under 33% vote honesty warrants a manual investigation to see what the problem is.  There is still a list of accounts who have extremely low single digit success rates that are scheduled to be killed in a few days time.  I will look at these accounts in a few days to see if they can improve their numbers to show in good faith that they will be more honest in their voting activity.

I really do not enjoy killing accounts, but I will when users force me to. I hope that I can continue to reward those who are honest without fear of users running around with accounts that are beefed up by hundreds of vote frauded clicks - using cash they did not earn, XP they did not earn, and skills they did not earn.  Let's try to keep it honest guys :)

Report Post Tip

I've always been an honest voter. I like earning some extra cash of of voting and the free petty that follows after each successful vote.

I was just wondering; is there a way for you guys to hand out the bonus cash After the actual vote, instead of up front? This way, a lot of admin whacks can be avoided, because people need to click the plus signs And vote to ensure their bonuses - not only click the plus signs.

Report Post Tip

Thanks for informing us about this.....after people have been admin killed for it. The dead accounts find this info very useful.....may have also appreciated to know BEFORE they were killed

Report Post Tip

Grim, they should know clicking the +s and not voting is wrong? Even when I started playing I knew this, admins are very lenient as you can see under 33% gets you killed and this is a fair ongoing problem.

.:Tyr:.

Report Post Tip

I had no idea, my first account for 4 years and nobody mentioned anything to me, just woke up to find my account dead

Report Post Tip

You still don't see any problem with clicking + and then just not voting? Common sense would dictate that you would vote at the site that you are taken too, but that just may be me.

Report Post Tip

but for all I knew clicking the + was my vote

Report Post Tip

Grim Reefer, anyone who is incapable of engaging common sense (and who doesn't have a doctor's note) doesn't have any rights.

Report Post Tip

Well lesson learnt Grim, shit happens and it happened to you today. Could've been helped.

Report Post Tip

Quick question Grim.

What did you think was the purpose of the windows that opened up each time you clicked +?

If you didn't have any idea how many people did you ask what is the + for

Report Post Tip

shame a system like on mafiamatrix can't be used where you have to go through the whole process to be rewarded and timer reset i.e click +, click vote, click banner on vote site.. reward given.  maybe could talk to talon as injustice had similar

Report Post Tip

as for those to be admin whacked maybe they could be drop from there crews or moved to a special crew and be used like durdens as target practice if that many of the offenders.

Report Post Tip

Il Postino, I wouldnt change that aspect. While there are going to be certain occasions like Grims where the person feels hard done by, at the end of the day the admins need to discourage such things and Admin Wacking is the best way to do this. Its like naming and shaming them. Sticking them somewhere else for people like you and me to shoot at really isn't fair.

What I am surprised at, and noone seems to have mentioned, is that LaQuenta is jailed for a day, for an offence done by his LHM? Surely LaQuenta had no control over that aspect of his LHM? By the same notion, Gazman was a hand to TheSmilingAssassin, yet TSA hasn't felt any repurcussions of his offences? Just surprised me. Is it because maybe that Gazman wasn't Rh at the time admin did the killing??

Report Post Tip

Squishy I fully agree with this. However will there be any form of discussion with those before killing them?

I know I've lately had one or two links that seem to not load every other time I vote. Just curious.

Report Post Tip

McDermott, 1 or 2 links isn't an issue. as Squishy said they have provisions in place for such issues.

They target people with an extremely poor vote completion percentage. Which IMO is fair enough, the admins are doing this to help the users like you and I that go through the full voting process to be able to continue to receive the benefits that we do for voting.

Report Post Tip

I agree that what they have done is fair enough, but a warning to the people doing it before death would have been nice, instead of just killing the people who have done it, who may have just made an honest mistake. A simple 'you actually have to vote or you get admin wacked' wouldve sufficed but we got jack shit. No messages warning us, no thread stating the repercussions of not voting, no Nothing. Tis laughable really.

Report Post Tip

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/101380

I beg to differ!

Report Post Tip

That's fair enough and I totally agree since I never cheat especially about voting, but I have 1 QUESTION here.

It happens sometimes when I click the +, that it links me to nothing (Error web adress or such thing) which results that I can't really vote since it is an ERROR LINK, so what will happen to this case? does it count as a vote fraud as well? (it would be so unfair if it does count, since there's no way I could know which + will give me an error link and which one doesn't).

I hope there will be no accusation regarding vote fraud later just because of network error or website error.

btw thanks for the advice.

Report Post Tip

Yoshi, that's why there's a 33% threshold in place. To prevent people from getting killed on their end due to network error, site error, computer failure, or what have you. If the site doesn't work, it's likely a known issue and you will not be killed for it. The accounts that were killed had enormously long consecutive days of claiming voting rewards, but not going through with a single vote process.

Report Post Tip

Actually Grim, it has been discussed and there is another thread about it. Also it is pretty common knowledge that when you click on those +'s and another screen pops up, showing a code that must be entered, that you are not finished with your duty of voting. You're really not going to get any sympathy in this. We shouldn't need to be told that we are committing voter fraud, because as I said it's pretty much common sense that there is more to voting than just clicking the + and moving on. If that's all there was to voting, then a seperate window would not pop up after you click the +, you would just click it, get money and move on.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: VOTE FRAUD - Please Read :)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL