Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 02:31:36
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Whats your favorite Insirational Quote? Started by: Father_OMalley on Jan 15, '19 03:35
Lick it before you stick it
Report Post Tip

Build this day on a foundation of pleasant thoughts. Never fret at any imperfections that you fear may impede your progress. Remind yourself, as often as necessary, that you are a creature of God and have the power to achieve any dream by lifting up your thoughts. You can fly when you decide that you can. Never consider yourself defeated again. Let the vision in your heart be in your life’s blueprint. Smile!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Desiderata
GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

By Max Ehrmann © 1927
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Never allow anyone to rain on your parade and thus cast a pall of gloom and defeat on the entire day. Remember that no talent, no self-denial, no brains, no character, are required to set up in the fault-finding business. Nothing external can have any power over you unless you permit it. Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the menial forces of hate, jealously, and envy. Guard your fragile life carefully. Only God can shape a flower, but any foolish child can pull it to pieces

Report Post Tip

Sometimes you have to dig your own hole and bury treasure if you want to find it.

-Water

Report Post Tip

Love and peace of mind do protect us. They allow us to overcome the problems that life hands us. They teach us to survive… to live now… to have the courage to confront each day.” —Bernie Siegel

He who thinks long,thinks wrong.
Report Post Tip

"What day is it?" asked Pooh.

"It's the day we burn this MotherFucker to the ground!" squeaked Piglet.

"My favorite day!" said Pooh.

~A.A.Milne

Report Post Tip
Build the Wall, keep the politicians out!
Report Post Tip
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Bernard M. Baruch
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow

Don't tie your shoelaces in a  revolving door

Report Post Tip
Anything to stupid to be said is sung.
~Voltaire
(Which unfortunately has become the rule, rather than the exception, in so much new music)

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. — Confucius

I couldn't find a better quote since it is so true that every time we fall, we become stronger.

Report Post Tip

One year from now, you're going to wish you had started today.

Report Post Tip
“Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.”
James Dean
Report Post Tip

"Yes, one must suffer, even in vain, so as to not have lived in vain."

Antonio Porchia, Voices

“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.” - Abraham Lincoln 

When approached by a lady at a dinner ans told, "I bet my husband I could get you to say more than 2 words,"

President Woodrow Wilson simply said,

You Lose.

Report Post Tip

I have to go with my favorite one of all, One Team, One Fight, and the Hustle is always good. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Whats your favorite Insirational Quote?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL