Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 10:22:49
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 [ > - >>> ]
Stick to Your Guns Started by: Lady-Integra on Mar 25, '19 05:37

Integra had been curious about a package that had been sent to her brother, she had made sure it was safe before giving it to him, though she couldn't help but notice that her brother had been making quiet trips off somewhere without really telling her where he was going, only stating that he had some things to take care of. Of course, after the whole situation with one of her Bodyguards betraying her and the whole kidnapping situation, she had been too busy to really look into something like this. 

So she'd done some digging without letting him in on it, and she'd found out a few things and figured it was time to pay a visit of her own. Only this visit took her out to New York, to a specific place within Poughkeepsie, New York. She knew she couldn't be too rough in this visit, simply because of who it was that she was visiting. Aurora had only come across Integra's vision once, back when Billy and the family traveled up to Philly to take care of someone who'd shot Billy once. After that visit with Bella Luciano and Gavin Bryne, Integra hadn't really interacted with the family much, not even when she'd been in Philidelphia in the earlier days of her career.

It had been a long drive, seeing as Integra refused to get on an airplane unless she absolutely needed to do such, thus it gave her plenty of time to go over a few things she'd researched, or at least as much as she could find without causing too much of a stir in the pot. She didn't want to alarm anyone but she did have a reason for visiting Aurora Byrne. She glanced up as her car arrived outside of the massive campus. Groaning softly, she stepped out with one of her Bodyguards, not wanting to stir up too much commotion, or take too much attention to herself. 

She had a rough idea on the area of which she could find the young woman. That, or Aurora would spot her first, seeing as she was a 5'5 tall woman dressed in a dark grey suit with a red tie that was loosened, a silver cross necklace hung from her neck and her hair was in its usual style of hanging down, coming down to her waist. She stuck out quite a bit, especially with a 6'4 tall man that looked like he'd done a few years in the military, bulked up and had a scar on his face. So much for not causing too much of a commotion. Between the two of them, and the fact that Integra was pulling out a cigar to light with the newest lighter in her collection, an intricately embossed silver lighter given to her by Eva Hadley. 

She still had her doubts about the doctor, but that was the furthest thing from her mind as she took a pull from the cigar, breathing the smoke out slowly. After some time she stopped a young woman walking nearby, her sapphire eyes staring into their eyes as she spoke softly. "Aurora Byrne... do you know her. Know where I can find her?"  Her voice was soft but held a clear tone that she was a no-nonsense type of person and clearly, she was looking for someone, yeah, real smooth and good at keeping from making too big of a splash.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

The autumn wind rustled through the leaves of the hardwood trees around the library.  Aurora cut a path across the lawn headed back towards her apartment.  Her creme colored blouse was covered by a sweater today, and while she wore slacks instead of a skirt, she could still feel the chill growing in the air.  It would soon be time to break out her winter coat.  

Somewhere behind her, Tim was shadowing her.  Tiny had stayed in the apartment today as he was under the weather.  He had tried to insist upon coming out with her to class but she was having none of it.  The campus was as safe as houses.  He was as likely to hurt himself or her as he was to do anything useful - what with a fever of 101.  A grown man had no business with such a high fever.  Very likely he'd need to see a doctor if the fever hadn't broke come night as fevers only got worse at night or so her mother once said.

Aurora passed by a small group of girls giggling.  She resisted the urge to look at them.  Oh, she wanted to know if they were talking about her, but years of confirming her worst fears had caused her to just assume the worst and not bother with the checking part.  When it came to other women, there were only two reactions to her which she was used to.  Fear was one of them... and that seldom lead to more than just polite interactions.  The other, which was a more common reaction, was jealousy.

She knew she had beauty, talent, and wealth.  Any one of those three things would bring out the worst in a person's peers and she had all three in abundance.  This made it next to impossible to make any real friends.  Granted, the vast majority of people she'd come in contact with so far left much to be desired and probably would have been terrible friends anyway... still, Aurora couldn't deny that she was lonely and lived for calls from home and visits from Billy.

She smiled to herself and blushed slightly remembering their most recent night together.  She sighed and felt as though she might float away.  He was dreamy.  Tall, broad shoulders, intense, and warm... seemingly blissfully unaware of the true power he possessed or how to use it.  If Billy, in all his raw talents, had been raised in the way she had been, he might have been a truly terrifying force of nature to behold!  Aurora silently considered that while she'd dated men, in the past, who she had wanted to change or improve - this was the first time she wanted to improve or change one not for her own benefit but to see the man she cared for so much reach his full potential.

The thoughts of Billy had carried her unawares across the majority of campus and into the courtyards of the dorms and apartments.  It was here that she found herself stopping dead in her tracks.  She narrowed her eyes but she didn't need to think about it long.  That was most definitely Integra.  Her heart skipped a beat.  Blood pulled away from her face.  For an instant, she felt woozy, as if she might faint.  She closed her eyes and drew in a breath for three seconds, held it for three seconds, and exhaled for three seconds. 

She repeated this process again and again, feeling the earth soild beneath her feet, just as her mother had taught her after Uncle Will's death.  That had been the first and worst of her attacks.  Since then, she'd accepted some truths about death that had spared her from having such an adverse reaction again.  But knowing someone you loved had been taken from you, it was never easy.  If Integra, who no special connection to her other than Billy was here, then it had happened.  Billy was surely dead.

For a long moment, she stood watching the blonde hunting her.   

In.  1, 2, 3.

She thought about the precious little time she'd had with him.  Dancing the Tango with the whole world watching and alone in the den of her mother's home.  Holding hands in the backseat of her parent's car in the darkness.  Kissing him on the sofa in the office.  The sight of him walking into a death trap created by Durden with no fear - all for her.

Hold.  1, 2, 3.

She lamented things not yet done, things unsaid, and wondered at the sort of life they might have had together if they'd had more time.  

Out.  1, 2, 3.

Tears welled up in her amber eyes.  

"Miss Byrne?"  Tim touched her shoulder.

"Consigliere Integra of Detroit has come to call on us."  She said with a lump in her throat.  "Bring her up to my apartment... I need a moment to compose myself."

Tim sighed, clearly seeing Aurora's reaction and the other woman's presence for the same thing she had,  "Oh shit... Kiddo, I'm so  sorry."  

"Shit breaks.  People die, Tim.  I'll be okay.  See that she's comfortable while she waits."  With that, she walked so fast back to her apartment that it was as close to running away and crying as Aurora had ever done.

The large Italian goon made his way over to Integra and removed his hat, giving Integra's guy a polite nod - keeping his hands visible.  Quietly, for her ears only his voice rumbled low and respectful, "Consigliere."

Putting his hat back on he continued,  "Miss Byrne asked me to um... come greet you.  She just needs a few moments to freshen up after her class, but if you like I can take you to her apartment.  I'm sure whatever you have to discuss with her is probably best not spoken about out here?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Integra wasnt one to think on how people might percieve things as she knew what she needed to do and didnt look very bothered by whatever she had come to talk about. Her sapphire eyes locked on Aurora as soon a she noticed the woman, an eyebrow raising elegantly as she then watched her reaction, wondering what  ould have gone through her mind. She wasnt that scary of a presence, was she?

She calmly took another intake of smoke from her cigar before slowly blowing the smoke out, doing so in a way that it wouldnt go into anyone's face. Integra might smoke her cigars more than necessary, but she was still considerate enough to not condone anyone else to having inhale the fumes if they didnt wish to.

She watched the goon walk up towards her before politely greeting her as she gave a polite nod back as she glanced off in the direction Aurora had gone off in. "I do hope Miss Byrnes is alright, the weather is getting colder." She paused as she crushed the butt of the finished cigar on the sidewalk before nodding at the goon. "Wherever Miss Byrne's feels comfortable, i only just came to talk to her, nothing serious. Though i doubt a chat in this cool weather is a good idea, I dont want her getting sick." 

She shrugged slightly before following the Goon across the campus and towards the woman's apartment she was a patient woman and would wait for Aurora in her apartment, though she was curious as to what caused the young woman to run off.

A look of relief washed over Tim as he walked in the direction Aurora had sped off, leading Integra.  "I'm glad it's nothing serious.  My boss will be too.  She was worried your appearance here meant something must real bad musta happened to Don Mastrosimone."

He shook his head, "Without sayin' too much Ma'am, I hope you don't take no offense or nothin'.  Miss Byrne has gotten a lot of visits in her young life where someone important has only come by to tell her about someone else dyin'.  She ain't got too many girlfriends comin' by for cakes and tea, if you get my meaning?  Kinda natural for all of us who work for her, I'm afraid."

He stopped at the door to her apartment building and pulled it open for Integra to enter.  

He entered behind her and then walked quickly in front of her up the steps.  Just outside the door he said quietly, "I'd appreciate you not letting her know I said nothin'.  Boss probably woudn't like me tellin' nobody her business.  I'll tip her off that this ain't that kinda visit so it isn't odd for ya."

Tim entered the apartment, knocking before doing so.  Aurora wasn't immediately visible in the studio apartment which meant she was in the powder room.  The furnishings were of the highest quality, the place was immaculately kept.  The walls were lined floor to ceiling with some very thick and serious books.  Not all of them were in English.  Many of them were dog eared and their spines worn out. 

Currently on her coffee table was a copy of the Count of Monte Cristo in the original French.  The book appeared to be so well-read that it was falling apart quite literally.  There was a half-drank cup of tea on the coffee table beside it, one of the few things in disarray in the whole place.  Also noteworthy, near to the place that was most likely her favored position to relax in, a pair of cufflinks sat and, perhaps out of place, a carefully folded restaurant napkin beneath them. 

There was a record player on table against the wall.  Jazz records sat in a display, but it was "He loves.  She loves." by Fred Astaire on the player.  Though that was so interesting as what she could notice standing here at the table... a knife, hidden away for quick and easy retrieval.  From no place else in the room would you see it but standing at the record player. 

Now realizing she kept hidden weapons and having a few moments while the goon spoke with his boss in the bathroom - she could take a moment to really look around the room and spotted another knife and a ball bat that were both put in places that would likely suggest they were hidden for self-protection in a pinch.  Though, she did not see any guns.

Tim left the apartment and Aurora came out of the bathroom.  If she had been upset or shaken by the thought of Billy being hurt or killed... she didn't appear so now.  She gave Integra a friendly smile and extended her hand to her as she crossed the room to greet her.

"Consigliere Integra."  She said the woman's title with an accent that indicated she wasn't just gifted in Italian, but she was quite possibly truly conversational in it.  With such an accent, the girl could have seamlessly melted into the background of the old country. 

"It's an honor to have you visit.  How can I be of help today?"

Integra had her hands in her pocket as she followed Aurora’s guard, Tim. She offered a soft smiled as she nodded, having taken in his words. “It’s alright, I understand, and yes, I do get your meaning. I’m sure she’ll be relieved when she realizes I’m not here for what she thinks I’m here for.” She wasn’t going to tell the man that she was here to talk about her brother… but for a different reason than what the two of them had originally thought.

As they entered the apartment, her sharp sapphire eyes looked around, taking everything in. She had to give it to the girl, she lived well, or at least that’s how it looked. Glancing over a few things, she could spot and notice a few hidden weapons around. She nodded mentally as she couldn’t help but smile softly, wondering just how alike Aurora and herself were. Slipping off her suit jacket, Integra folded it in half before draping it over her arm, taking in the cufflinks that were on top of a folded napkin, smiling softly as she found it interesting that her brother had indeed been here. 

Just as she was looking over some of the books by the time that Aurora came out, she smiled warmly at the younger girl before taking her hand and giving it a gentle but firm handshake before taking her hand and holding it up. “Please, just Integra is fine, no need to say my rank.”  She went to take a seat on the couch, her jacket moving to be draped over her legs, and her right leg draped over her left leg. “I just came to talk to you, I saw my brother had gotten a rather nice package… and I figured I might as well formally meet the woman who is stealing his heart.”

Her voice was soft as she sat in front of Aurora, her eyes watching her, there was nothing Hostile about her actions or how she was presenting herself, but Integra had a feeling this conversation might cause a butting of heads. She knew she was protective over her brother, more so than she probably had a right to be but family was family and he was all she had besides Alucard, she didn’t want to see him hurt, especially after Kenzi.

Aurora didn't quite know what to make of the woman in front of her.  Her eyes swept over her as a matter of instinct, years of training she could not repress.  She noted every bulge or fold in her clothing that might indicate hidden weapons and filed the information away in case of an emergency.  Of course, it was unlikely Billy's right-hand had come here to hurt her... right?

She listened to the older woman, her British accent was soothing and she was very pretty.  It was hard not to remember that Billy had been in bed with this woman before he'd ever come to hers.  Granted, he swore nothing had happened but could she really believe that?  Integra was gorgeous.  She exuded power and dominance, even here in a home that wasn't hers.  

And then she remembered this was Billy she was thinking about and the event in question was in the wake of Kenzi's death.  No.  Billy hadn't lied.  If he had slept with Integra, he wouldn't have ever come to her.  She would have made sure of it.  She didn't look like the sort of careless woman who let her man's eye wander to younger prettier girls and surely she was prettier than this woman.  Not by much, but maybe by virtue of her heritage.  That was it. 

Blondes appeared decidedly ditzy in appearance even when they exuded competence, which Integra did.  That and her skin left her looking as pale as a corpse.  Some men might find that attractive but she knew Billy was a good Italian man.  He had no reason to look for a milksop when he had a sunkissed raven-haired Mediterranean woman willing and able to meet his needs.

As she took in Integra's words she instantly began trying to puzzle out what she was REALLY here for.  If there wasn't a relationship with her and Billy, seemingly supported by her choice of calling him brother (which she knew they weren't REALLY related, but the affectation obviously was shared to show the nature of their relationship and perhaps reassure her), it wasn't to threaten her to back off.  Was she being overly protective?  Did she REALLY think Billy needed protecting?  Well, at least she had the good sense to realize that the woman she'd come to see was worth worrying about.  After all, she could have killed Billy ten times over now if that had been her goal. 

Aurora spotted the teacup she forgot to put away.  She picked up. 

"Stealing?  No.  No one takes anything from a Don that they're not willing to give."

She stood up.

"In the future, I'll make sure to deliver anything sensitive personally.  I'd hate for you to accidentally embarrass Billy in the course of doing your duties.  I should have thought of that before sending the dice, it was careless of me.  I'm sorry." 

She walked to the kitchenette. 

"Would like a cup of tea?  My Aunt had some sent from India.  It's loose leaf.  Very good stuff.  Black.  I like mine with a bit of cream."

She put the cup and saucer into the sink and prepared the kettle to boil.  She then turned back to the other woman.  

"Billy speaks very highly of you and your skills.  He cares about you a great deal, just as he cared about dear Kenzi.  I'm sorry for your recent loss, by the way.  She was ... nice.  I was looking forward to her and cousin Joey's wedding."

She pulled out the tin of tea.  

"I'm afraid I haven't been to Detroit for a few weeks.  Not since it happened, so I haven't been able to give him my condolences."  

She loaded the leaves into a small infuser and then looked up to meet Integra's eyes, clearly concluding the pleasantries and getting back to the topic at hand.

"This relationship of ours... my mother has a fair amount of concerns so I can only imagine that it's an equally large headache for you as well." 

The tea kettle began to complain as the water started heating up. 

"What can I do to help - or at to at least put your mind at ease?"

Integra smiled softly as she heard Aurora mention that no one takes anything from a Don that they weren't willing to give. She found it amusing to hear such an answer, especially since it was a good point to make. After everything she had been through with Billy, she could say for sure that he indeed wouldn't allow anything to be taken away, and if someone was taking something of his, he did whatever he could to get it back.

When asked about Tea, her smiled warmed more as she nodded. "Tea would be lovely, thank you." It had been awhile since she'd had a good cup of tea, something that she normally drank daily, especially when in England. There was just something about the fact that there were so many different varieties of tea, that Integra loved it dearly and would consume it wherever she could get it. She stayed seated on the couch as Aurora went into the Kitchen to make them tea, listening to the younger woman's words before smiling softly. 

"Unfortunately, I haven't had the same pleasure of hearing much about you, but we have been busy and not had much time for idle talks. Part of why I wished to come here to meet you myself, to get to know you better."  She let her hands unfold themselves before crossing her arms loosely over her leg, showing a bit of a more relaxed look. She wasn't worried about her holster showing in this house, for she wouldn't dare pull it on the young Byrne.

A sad smile slipped over Integra's features at the mentioning of Kenzi. She still missed their sister dearly, and it still bothered her how she had died, but she was far more experienced with death of those close to her than most people her age would be, and was able to channel the effects of grief into something more productive. "Thank you, Kenzi was very kind and sweet.."

She mentally shook the memories from taking over before getting herself back on task, her eyes meeting with that of Aurora Byrne's. She could tell the pleasantries were ending, she was used to talks switching from small time pleasantries into more serious conversations.

"I'm not here to tell you or my brother what to do with your relationship. I'm sure my stance is much different than your mother's view. Besides, I have always thought that you don't control who you fall in love with. And whatever happens be damned since the future in this work of ours is so unpredictable, so to take whatever you can get, especially if it makes you happy." She chuckled softly as she grinned a bit. "I'd be a hypocrite otherwise if I were to advise you two not to date... especially when i'm doing much the same myself." She sighed before getting back on topic once more, her gaze growing a tad more serious as sat up a bit more.

"No, I'm just here to make sure that my brother isn't going to get hurt while he is giving out his heart. I want him to have whatever happiness he can get, especially after Kenzi's death... it's been me and him against the world since then... If you want in on that... I just want to verify that you aren't going to play games with him... He can be an idiot at times, but he means well." She knew her words probably came out a bit harsher than she meant them, but at the same time she was wanting to make sure that Billy wasn't giving his heart up to someone who was just going to rip it from his chest and walk away as if he didn't matter to them.

The kettle complained as the water within was heated.  Aurora watched Integra closely as she explained her reason for coming.  For a long moment, the young woman is quiet.  She simply looked at Integra.  Internally a flood of things rushed through her mind.  The offense was the first thing; Aurora was bothered that the woman had the gall to put her to the question or call Billy an idiot!  Annoyance at the woman's arrogance, to think she was some manner of gatekeeper who could prevent her from being 'in on that' or a part of Billy's life if he and she willed it so. 

She mulled over which of these concerned her most and found that her curiosity was most in need of sating - not her rage. 

"You know... I expected that you might be here to threaten me.  I honestly wouldn't have blamed you.  Might have actually appreciated you doing it because I love Billy and I'd hate to think he's calling someone sister who doesn't give two shits about him."

She shrugged.

"I mean, when my younger brother dates someone, I'm going to go out and find the broad the same day I learn her name.  When I do find her, I'm going to make sure that she knows that I'll love her for as long as my brother does... but the day she breaks his heart is the day I'm going to break her face."

She leaned on the small counter looking out into the living space.  

"So what's your plan?  I mean, if after talking to me you decide that I don't meet your standards for Billy's happiness?  What do you suppose you're going to do to me that won't end in a highly regrettable situation for you?  Cause, the obvious thing you might fear is that your idiot of a Don won't find your visit with me all that necessary.  He might even question where the hell you get off thinking that you being his hand gives you some license to judge his personal life decisions.  That's to say nothing of what my own Don might say about all this..."

She shook her head as the tea kettle began to whistle softly.

"My mother aside ... because I am perfectly capable of handling my own business ... I'm sure you haven't given much thought to me and my feelings in this whole situation you've cooked up ... but, you are sitting in my home and our bodyguards are a good 30-60 seconds from where you're sitting.  While I would never kill you, because that idiot loves you, I certainly feel absolutely zero hesitation about using those precious few seconds to make you regret threatening my happiness for a very long time to come." 

The sound from the kettle became increasingly shrill, but Aurora did not take her eyes of Integra.

One could feel the tension in the room between the two women rise and thicken. It was to a point that anyone else in the room who was timid, would probably shit uncomfortably or run from the room entirely. Integra kept her gaze on the woman, shifting in the seat only to rest her elbow on the arm rest and placing her.cheek against her hand, smiling softly.  She could see the annoyance rising in the younger woman in front of her, and was finding it amusing. It reminded of when she would deal with the knights back in England at the meetings.

She didnt say a single word as Aurora seemed to get her words out, both of them ingoring the whsitling of the Kettle. Once Aurora was done, Integra spoke softly, just enough for the words to be heard by the both of them. She didnt seem offended or affected by the words she had just heard, taking them in a different light instead.

"You remind me so much of myself, you know that Aurora?" She chuckled softly as she stayed in her relaxed seat. "How you would react to any woman your brother dates is exactly how I would..." she smiled a bit. "I honestly had no plan but to come here and get to know you better. I have no standard on what constitutes  my brother's happiness. He is a grown man, and a Don. All i care about is that he is happy, if he ever tells me that he is unhappy with you, or the relationship, i would be upset. But so long as he is happy with being with you, then that's all that matters. Simple as that. You two lay out what your terms of happiness is for, its not for anyone else to decide."

"If you think I am threatening your happiness, then you have me mistaken Aurora. Like i mentioned, i only wanted to know that you were serious, and judging by your reaction you are indeed serious about my brother, and i appreciate it. It's nice to see him happy and I have you to thank for that. So, how about some tea?" Her gave was gentle and she didnt look threatened, if she did she simply hid it well. Integra was use to tense situations though, so she handled them as she would a fragile package, with care and precision. At least to the best that she could.

Report Post Tip

Aurora stared at the woman for a moment longer before turning to the kettle and pouring it out into the cups.  She watched the water rushing around the balls and again found herself speaking without much forethought.  This was comfortable.  It was a way of being she didn't dare allow herself to show Billy.  She just knew for sure if she was this open with him, she'd certainly say something that would chase him away.  Whereas, with this woman, she didn't care if the woman chose to like her or not. 

"I'm happy to hear that's how you feel.  Having you as an adversary, my lover's right-hand is not ideal for any of us."

Aurora brought the tea over to the coffee table and put a cup down in front of Integra and put one down in front of her spot on the couch.  Then Aurora sat next to her, knees turned towards the other woman to chat.

"I am serious about Billy.  I can't tell you how hard I'm working to make sure I don't say or do something to screw it all up and send Billy running for the hills.  Rest assured, the last thing I want to do is hurt him."  She picked up her tea and spoke into it a phase said with a great deal of barely-repressed emotions, "He's my joy."

As she sipped her tea, outside the apartment some sort of ruckus kicked up.  The roar of engines just below the window which was a grassy lawn where students had been out playing frisbee and hanging out... not a parking lot ... could be heard.  Aurora looked towards the window as the commotion began.

"What the..."

Before she could fully rise up from the couch to look out her window, something was hurtling towards it.  A brown glass bottle and tied around the mouth of the bottle was a burning cloth wick.  Aurora didn't think.  She acted.  She grabbed Integra.  With all the strength she had and then some, brought about via adrenaline coursing through her veins, she pulled her away from the couch.  Knocking over the coffee table as they went they barely escaped the spray of an accelerant as the Molotov Cocktail impacted. 

A fireball erupted consuming the couch and lampstand beside it on which her book, Billy's cufflinks and the napkin had rested - but neither woman was assessing damage at this moment while a fire raged all around the room and gunfire could be heard in the hallway. 

Report Post Tip

There were not many times Integra felt caught off guard, she normally was very strick with herself on keeping some kind of guard up, especially in new areas. But she found herself surprised once she heard the ruckus before being pulled off the couch by Aurora. The second she heard the bottle break and the heat burst forward, her adrenaline kicked in, as she quickly glanced around the room before noticing the snack area that gave some kind of protection.

Grabbing Aurora's hand, Integra made to get them both before the snack bar, taking her coat from her hand and passing it to Aurora. "If you have a gun in here... i suggest grabbing it, you are gonna need it." She could feel the heat of the flames as they licked at the bookshelves, starting to spread throughout the room. She cursed under her breathe as she heard the door burst in. Pulling out her own gun and putting herself in front of Aurora, the older woman readied for the shoot out, waiting for someone to get into sight before pulling back the hammer, taking aim and firing a shot off into their head.

Sh outs could be heard from the other three that seemed to be stunned as they ran around looking for them within the studio apartment. Integra glanced at Aurora, knowing she would get this woman out safely, if not for Don Bella, but for her brother and becauze she would refuse to let someone she considered an ally die if she could protect them.

"By the bed.  Lay down cover.  I'll make a run for it then it's us both against whoever just came through the door!"  Aurora looked towards her bed, the place she and Billy had first laid together for a whole night.  They would probably never lay in it together again... nor this apartment.  She tried not to think about the total loss of everything she had in this place and focus on survival.

"NOW."  Aurora said loudly and she sprinted for the bedside drawer and pulled out two nickel plated, mother-of-pearl handled m1911s.  Without hesitation, she returned fire on the person who was trying his damnedest to end one or both of them.  She wasn't sure if it was her bullet or Integra's that ended him, but the man went down and the two women were free to move across the room towards the door and ideally towards escaping the building that soon would be consumed in flames.

In the hallway, another shit show was in full swing.  She couldn't see well due to the smoke billowing out of the newly opened door, but she assumed it was Integra's men and Tim shooting at the invaders who were trying too come up out of the stairwell and onto the second floor where she lived.

The screams of students meshed with the fire alarms that were blaring.  Peaking around the corner she was pretty sure that several other places must have been hit with Molotovs too.  She had no way of knowing how many men were left or what the fuck they were about to rush into.  She glanced to Integra and smirked.

"Next time, we have tea at your place."  She glanced out into the hallway.  "Got any good ideas?"

Report Post Tip

Hearing the plan that Aurora had, Integra simply nodded. She was ignoring the hint of a ringing in her ears, leftover symptoms from a concussion she'd gotten not too long ago, and here she was supposed to be resting. To be fair though she couldn't have guessed that coming here would have had an outcome like this. She figured she'd come here, have a nice little chat and then go out and get drinks with Aurora if she was old enough to drink that is.

Hearing Aurora shout 'Now', the few men left in the room seemed startled as Integra started to fire at them with her own Colt M1911, Black metal with a rosewood wooden panel on the grip. there was also an insignia carved into the wood and the word Hellsing arching over the top. The gun had belonged to her father, and when he passed away, she had taken ownership of it. The ringing in her ears made it a bit hard to hear as she aimed at the rest of the men, shooting for either their head or their heart. She'd missed on the last one though and was grateful that Aurora's bullet seemed to hit its target.

With the use of the jacket to keep the smoke out of her lungs, her eyes stinging just a bit and the flames bringing a sweat along her brow, Integra glanced at Aurora as they moved out towards the hallway. A wave of dizziness crashing over her between the young adults screaming as they bolted for the exits, the gunshots, the fire alarm. Her hand shot out to grab the wall as she tried to straighten her thoughts, glancing along the hallway and seeing that most of the guards were done with the men that had seemingly come up the stairs. "Aaron!" She called out to her most trusted guard, calling him over to her as she motioned for him to head towards the other hallway, her hand reaching for Aurora as she put the girl between herself and her bodyguard. "Please tell me there's a fire escape or something... Otherwise, blend in with the crowd, keep your head down, and we can sneak out of here." She growled the directions out as she started making the decision to head towards where all the kids were running, she couldn't tuck her gun away as she held it close, knowing if she tried to look back to shoot it could end badly and someone innocent could get hurt. 

"Also... I'd suggest a bar... if you knew my other half you wouldn't have suggested tea at my place... Alucard is... an acquired taste...Just ask Billy."

Aurora stuck close to Integra, there wasn't much to be done for the painfully obvious guns she had, but she tried to keep them from being obvious as they moved with the crowd of people fleeing the chaos.  Into the stairwell they went, here there was less smoke and here she could see the crowd pressing hard against the wall to avoid something to the left side of the first set of stairs.  After only a moment it became clear who it was.

Her heart froze in her chest as they approached him and moved with the crowd not to step on him or in his blood.  Aurora's eyes lingered on the man who had stood vigil at her crib side during her mother's murder, the man who was the closest thing to a friend she had right now, and she said nothing as she walked on past his corpse. 

Tim was gone.  There was no need, nor time for, theatrics.  Right now, if she dropped to his side to weep over the dead she would only put herself and Integra in very real danger and this was the best hope she had for them avoiding another firefight if anyone of the attackers was still alive. She turned her eyes away from him and did not spare the man a tear, not now.  Not here.  Not like this.

While she didn't particularly believe in her mother's God, she found herself silently saying a prayer for the dead as they passed by and he disappeared from her sight.  In later reflection, however, she'd regret the prayer.  If there was a God that meant there was most likely also a hell.  It was probably better for Tim if, all things considered, oblivion awaited him and not judgment.  While she loved him... he wasn't what any sane person would call a good man & she wouldn't wish suffering on anyone who had served her family so faithfully.

The crowd came out through the double doors and at first, she was sure the attackers had all gone inside and were probably dead there... until she heard her own name yelled out across the courtyard and students began screaming and running anew.

"AURORA BYRNE!"

Aurora looked in the direction of the man calling her name and found him there, with a gun to the head of another student - a girl who lived down the hall from her.  Aurora didn't know the girl's name, but she knew damn well that after this jackwad yelled out her name (and everyone had heard it) that shoot the hostage was NOT her best option if she ever wanted to get a degree here. Aurora & Integra both raised their guns on the guy just the same.  Aaron, Aurora noted, had disappeared with the other students.

"Right here, asshole.  Let the girl go.  She's a non-combatant.  You got no business with her."

"Please don't kill me... please!"  The girl shrieked and sobbed, trembling, a stark contrast to Integra and Aurora who were holding their ground against the man seemingly unshaken.

"Come with me and the girl lives... drag your damn feet and I leave her in a puddle for the coppers to mop up!  Your choice!"  He short, sweaty man called out over the din of people fleeing for their lives.

Report Post Tip

Integra noticed the man they had passed on the stairwell and it didnt escape her eyes that Aurora seemed to look at him for a moment, and if she wasnt seeing things, she thought the girl hesitated for a mere split second. She was sure how Aurora had knon the man, and this wasnt the time to ask about it as the got outside, only for everyone to scatter at a name being yelled across the grass, loudly.

Standing across from the two seemed to be one of the boys, Integra hadnt had many run in with the Infamous Durden gang men, but if she had to pick them out of a crowd it didnt seem that hard. She noticed the short man, pointing her gun at him as she scowled a bit, her vision dancing slightly as she realized her shot wasnt going to be a great one and risked hurting the civilian.

"Let the girl go ya git, and piss off!" Her british accent seeming to come out stronger now as she resorted to old insults she hadnt used for awhile. She noticed someone coming up to the man as she narrowed her eyes at the Durden man.She wasnt sure what he was here for but judging by his smirk, he clearly thought he had something.

"Can it, Toots!" The man snapped at Integra.  Aurora watched Aaron seem to appear from nowhere and advance on the guy even as she heard the sirens coming closer to the campus.  They were running out of time! If the guy saw Aaron he might well make good on this threat so Aurora did the only thing she could think to do.

"Alright!"  She said to him, letting the guns spin on her fingers and drop into a useless position.  She slowly lowered her guns and tucked them into the waist of her pants and raised her hands up to a relenting position again.

"I'll come with you..."  She said as calmly as she could.

Aaron gave her the barest hint of a nod, Integra kept her gun trained on the asshole.

Aurora approached and just before she was in arm's reach, he pushed the girl away and Aaron pistol-whipped the Durden sending him to the ground in a heap as the girl ran to safety crying hysterically.

Turning to Integra, Aurora could see her building in flames.  She looked then to Aaron, who was picking up the attacker.  Aurora looked back to Integra, her eyes wide a sense of panic settling in.  

"Wha... what do we do now?  We can't question this guy here... my place is on fire!  I... God damn it!  What do we do?!?"

Report Post Tip

Integra breathed a sigh of relief as she watched Aaron knock out the Durden before slinging the man over his shoulder. She was as thrown off by such a crazy situation as that basically was the summary of her life up to this point. Hearing Aurora though and noticing the panicked look on the young girls face, Integra slipped the safety on her gun and putting it away, moving to grab the girl's arm. Her voice all business like as she didnt even look back, just grabbed her arm and headed to the closest vehicle with Aaron.

"Now we get the hell out of here. I'd say lets hide at a safe place for you... but he yelled your name and they will look for you... so we can drive back to Detroit, or hop on a train unless you got a better plan." 

She opened the door of the truck, motioning for Aurora to get in the back, pushing on the mid of her back so she could climb in after her, the guy they knocked out being in the trunk before Aaron vlimbed in and got them the hell out of there. After a few moments, Integra glanced at Aurora, placing a hand on her shoulder, her voice gentler now as she tried to ease her back.

"Hey... come on, dont get all quiet on me. We aren't out of hot water yet until we get back to Detroit... breathe. In... then out. Now, tell me... do you have a place that isnt attached to your name, or do we need to drive back to Detroit... we can stop to call your parents on the way, im sure this is all over the news... fucking Durdens..."

Aurora sat silent, thinking about Tiny and Tim.  Was the other man alive?  Had he been killed too?  Would they put the fire out and get their bodies or would they burn up in the building?  The thought of them burning up made her sick.

When Integra mentioned Detroit, instantly Aurora thought of Billy and thoughts of him brought her to the cufflinks and the napkin and..."I have a restaurant in Harlem.  It's an hour away though.  Billy bought it for me..."

She sighed.  

"It's a long way to drive.  We could be halfway to Detroit by then if we use my plane at the local airfield."  Aurora quickly gave Aaron instructions so he could drive them there.  Aaron was looking at Integra as if he didn't know whether he should follow those orders or not."

"What is it?  We can call my parents from the airport if that's what you're worried about.  I promise they won't blame you for this.  It probably has something to do with what went down at the grocery store that night Billy visited us in Philly.  You're not going to be in trouble with them, I'm sure."

Report Post Tip

Integra nodded at Aaron, letting him know they would follow the orders of heading off to the local airport, it would be much easier to get out of here by plane than it would by Car. Knowing how she felt about flying, Aaron gave Integra a look but didnt say anything since he could understand the situation they were currently in.

"I do need to call our warehouse... make sure there will be a ride from the airport ready for us..." she hoped her brother wouldnt be around to answer the phone as it would be quite hard to really give him the answers he would probably want.

"I dont think getting in trouble with your parents was on my mind at first... but if you dont arrive safely thats another issue... so my main priority is to keep you safe.."

She knew Aurora could care for herself, she was sure of that, but she still made it her priority with what was going on. She grew quiet as she closed her eyes. Leaning them on the cool glass of the vehicle while Aaron drove them towards the airfield.

"Im curious... as to how they knew which room was yours... and why they dared to try and attack youm i knew the durden boys were wide-boys... but i didnt think they would be so meshuggeners.."

After some time they did arive at the local airfield as Integra glanced at Aurora to lead the way from this point, seeing as this part was unfamiliar to her.

Aurora shook her head, "I don't know.  It's possible they followed me back to college after I left Philly last time, but why didn't they hit before this moment?  I might guess they followed you but this seemed somewhat planned.  So it's probably not that."

The airport was coming into sight now.  

"We'll question sleeping beauty when we get to Detroit and get some answers, one way or another he's going to talk and then... I'll call my parents - after I talk to Billy."

She swallowed back the lump in her throat.

"I'll be okay once I see him and we have our answers ... after that, I'm going to make him pay for taking someone from me that I love." Aurora folded her hands in front of her, trying to stay calm.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Stick to Your Guns
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL