Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 15:56:28
Page:  1 
Los Angeles Press Syndicate: Week #3 Started by: NikkiOsavkovska on Sep 14, '19 20:42

𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐲𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞

Date: 15th September 19XX

Curious about what has been happening recently?

What to look out for in this era characterized by global financial crises and worrying levels of unemployment?

Las Vegas Press Syndicate is willing to provide weekly news at your fingertips. Grab your own copy of this week's issue at your local newspaper office!

Letter from the editorial board: 

Hello readers. How are you today?

These past few days have been hard for many of us. On the 9th of September we received an alarming letter about our editor in chief. With tremendous grief, we announce the passing of Alessandra Korkunova. She was not only our boss, but a supportive woman with a bright future ahead of her. She built an empire here. May she rest with the angels now.

We delayed the third weekly issue as we began to search for an 'Acting CEO' who would be able to take over the company. The search for our new boss would not only conduct business as usual but also lead any future changes. The writers and editors here at LAPS were uninamous in their decisions to appoint Alessandra's next of kin - Nikki Osavkovska. As she began to gradually take over the reins, it was decided that the paper would be renamed from Las Vegas Press Syndicate to Los Angeles Press Syndicate. Since then, we have changed the location of where our offices are based.

---

From the desk of Nikki Osavkovska:

I dedicate these very moments, hours, minutes and seconds to all the fallen of the recent war. Fathers and mothers, wives and husbands, sons and daughters, and friends, are being missed and mourned. My heart goes to those who are deeply affected. May you find comfort in these troubling times. And while we try to move forward, let's think about the future as we meet the challenges of this new era.

---

As always, we appreciate your support and be sure to provide some constructive critcism if you're willing. We present to you Week #3 of LAPS!

LOCAL NEWS
In which we discuss recent events!

BREAKING NEWS
Time to rebuild.

Don Mikhail made his second appearance in the streets since releasing the world wide protection order on September 11. Full order can be read here. We highly advise that the community takes the time to read it as it involves very important details about our world today. In one of his recent speeches titled The Peak of Comradery, Mikhail speaks on the recent war and provides a thorough explanation about why and how it occurred. 

All four leaders of Detroit - Don Iretipill, Don Eve, Don Jimmythelionheart and Consigliere Archy - rampaged through the streets as they executed the merciless killings of a number of individuals. Associates and members were immediately instructed to travel back to their home cities and await further orders. When this war with Detroit ended, the leaders, who were left to take over Las Vegas after Wayne's unfortunate demise, came together and arranged a Philly takedown. Mikhail notes, "the whole table seemed to be in favor to acting rather than dying in our sleep." It appeared to be a fight-or-flight response. 

As it always is in a war, there are two sides. Maybe there are more but in this scenario, only two sides. The leaders of Chicago, Las Vegas and Los Angeles joined together in the war. This alliance shared one common goal which was to take down all remaining members of Philadelphia. New York also became a target as witnesses reported that they were "already taking protection shots". Seattle also sided with Philly. The reasons for it are unknown. 

Mikhail spoke more on Chicago as he highlighted how they were a massive help in "vision, protection shots, and removing small hitters". Needless to say, the war was difficult to endure for everyone who was involved. Leaders were trying to protect their families and loved ones. Once the end of the war was near, it was clear who the surviving cities would be.

The violence and mass destruction that wreaked havoc on countless mobsters took a turn for the worst as the world, as it exists now, has dramatically changed. With very little options to find a home, Mikhail also tells us what will happen now as the leaders of LV, LA and CH attempt to build from the ashes. His use of encouraging words towards the end of his speech showed that he is ready and determined to get this thing of ours back on its feet once again. To finish off his speech, Mikhail ends with a cry of compassion. "And we will do it in remembrance of those that we lost."

Here are some of the responses gained from the community.

Kuku starts off on a strong note.

Mikhail, you have shown true leadership in the aftermath of a war that many did not expect you to win.

Carrie also adds to the conversation as she goes straight to the point with:

For once, no bullshit about excuses nor fake issues. Just straight up info on why you did what you did.

Everyone seemed to praise Mikhail for coming out and speaking on what happened. OrianaMontini comes in to address the great purpose of providing an explanation, that those who were left to mourn may find peace through it. She also went on to thank Mikhail, 

Congratulations on your many victories, and I look forward to seeing the future of our society.

READ FULL SPEECH.

Today, as we recognize all those we have lost in the war, let's also remember their efforts and the legacies they left behind. Rest in peace to all the fallen.

What does your title mean to you?

LV's very own Carmen_Murphy of Drax's The Destroyers provided food for thought as she prompted people to think about the true meaning of their job title. She had also discussed what certain roles actually entailed. Carmen herself provided her own version of what a consigliere's role would be which was to "advise the head of the family" and "sort out disputes"

This discussion about titles attracted the attention of Boogie first. He was seen to be nodding in agreement to what Carmen was saying. 

"Interesting, and perfect timing."

Harlow then provided some insight on a system that was implemented in The Ivory Tower.

"Point being, each rank in the family had some important part to play and if you moved up into that position, you were expected to be acting accordingly."

Daniel_Fitzgerald also threw in his two cents on the matter.

"Right now it would seem the position or rank of made is seen more as a money making opportunity, and a right, instead of a privilege."

READ FULL DISCUSSION HERE.

Observations spark a heated discussion.

Harlow, left hand woman of Drax's The Destroyers, made another appearance in the streets as she provided a list of observations. They were made in conjunction with her previous discussion - Have We Changed? A Discussion About Storytellers. In that particular discussion, she was speaking about whether the level of respect had changed for people recording their lives through journal writing in the streets.

READ HER PREVIOUS DISCUSSION HERE.

In her newest discussion that she titled Much Adieu About the Business Districts, the observations she had listed was the outcome of her recent interactions in the business district. A social experiment was conducted as Harlow was curious on finding out if there was going to be any significant differences interacting with people in the business districts than in the streets since other people had suggested that the streets would be better suited for people wanting to host debates and share important announcements as opposed to letting it become a breeding ground for storytellers to share their personal experierences. 

After all the people she had encountered in her daily life during the social experiment, she had gathered quite a bit of information. People gathered around her to see what she had to say. It was up for discussion. The people saw it and they responded accordingly. 

READ HER NEWEST DISCUSSION HERE.

AvardT was the first to share his thoughts on the topic. His tone was earnest as he appeared to evoke a feeling of frustration in himself when mentioning the true motives of other people who do only tell their stories in the streets for the rewards that can be claimed and not just for the convenience. To explain his point further, he made an example of a man who recently retired. Dalien left behind his family - Shale - as he fled for the old country. It was recently revealed that his storytelling in the streets were actually accounts of what happened to someone else and not his own. AvardT finishes off with the following statement, 

"I think my own observation is that there is a real correlation between an increase in utter trash being forced upon the public and the implementations of the rewards in the first place."

Ambichous itched to take a stand as she spoke up straight after. 

"More encouragement and support will foster the debating and discussions you want to see."

Harlow responded back twice. And she made an interesting proposition for city hall to take in consideration.

"...remove the time travel limitation on the business district and make it more like interacting on the streets."

The council's orders.

CeceliaBriggs was the messenger for the council as she released a statement on the 5th of September that was to be made regarding the recent deaths of 12 people. People of different ranks were gunned down. From wise guys to consiglieres. She made it clear that "the survival of the whole would be justified through suffering the losses of a few". In the statement, Briggs implied that each of those people were suspects in ongoing criminal investigations. Nothing more was disclosed other than the fact that this 'internal housekeeping' seemed to be the council's only option left. 

A reported rogue causes mayhem in the streets.

Kimbo, former made man of Drax’s crew The Destroyers ceased to maintain his position in the family in an attempt to pursue his own violent interests on the 5th of September around 2pm.  As most of the members in this thing of ours may be aware, dropping from a family can mean labelling yourself as a potential rogue and placing yourself in a very dangerous predicament – to be hunted down. Although, others may see it as a brave and courageous move. News of his erratic escape quickly made its way to Don Wayne of Las Vegas.

Not long after, all upper structures from the seven cities were informed by Wayne about this rogue in a letter that was sent out. It was clearly stated that Kimbo was to be shot on sight. His whereabouts were also made known as he was last seen in Bricktown, Detroit. Shortly after, it was revealed that the reason for Kimbo’s outrageous rogue attempt was due to the fact that he was disgusted by seeing one of his friends, who shall not be named, being killed as part of the ‘internal housekeeping’ that was executed by the council.

Another hour went by with Kimbo still on the loose. Consigliere Yoda was quick to report Kimbo’s locations who was last seen in Pioneer Square, Seattle. Many leaders tried to stay sharp while keeping their families safe from this potential rogue.

However, his rogue run quickly ended as Premier issued a duel with him. There were many other people who came to see the fight. A witness reported to us that there was a man named Clank who was heard to be saying "slap him kimbo"Charlie__Pavanno and Vezux was at the scene as well. SabrinaSpellman was also there as she made her thoughts known - "I agree with Clank". The Gods were kind enough to provide commentary once the fight commenced:

DUEL: Round #1: Premier shoots and HITS Kimbo!

DUEL: Round #1: The duel between Kimbo and Premier has ended with Premier as the victor.

DUEL OBIT: Kimbo (Made Man) - None

On the same day, an associate from The Destroyers, ChiefKeef, dropped the family as well before accepting a challenge to fight with Wise Guy Vezux of Dante's Inferno.

DUEL: Round #2: The duel between ChiefKeef and Vezux has ended with Vezux as the victor.

DUEL OBIT: ChiefKeef (Earner) - Drax

ChiefKeef's true motives for his actions on that day are unknown. 

NEW AUTHS
Families of the future!

Since the war, many people have made the bold step. It is to be noted that some of these are temporary auths until the permanent city structure can be made. Congratulations to the following!

Chicago's Newest: 

@phillistein- - Leader of North Shore Import/Export Ltd. in The Loop, CH.

Johnny_Cakes - Leader of (CREW NAME TBD) in South Side, CH.

Detroit's Newest:

William_Pratt - Leader of The Color of Money in Corktown, DT.

@Dillinger - Leader of The Devil's Work in 12th Street, DT.

Las Vegas' Newest:

Mikhail - Leader of The Soviet State in The Strip, LV.

Homer - Leader of The Simpsons in Paradise, LV.

Irina - Leader of (CREW NAME TBD) in Summerlin, LV.

Los Angeles' Newest: 

Odin - Leader of Valhalla in Pasadena, LA.

New York's Newest:

@MissNiki - Leader of The Brooklyn Burrough - Homeless Shelter in Brooklyn, NY.

@Catalina_Rey - Leader of Seda in Manhattan, NY.

Philadelphia's Newest:

@Tony_Dippolito - Leader of Temp HQ: The Rebel Alliance in Bella Vista, PH. 

RetroMan - Leader of Hypnotized in Bella Vista, PH.

Charlie__Pavanno - Leader of The Temp ORC Club in South Philly, PH.

Seattle's Newest:

@JohnWalton - Leader of The Black Oak Ranch in Pioneer Square, SEA.

@Junk - Leader of Junk Yard Dogz in Waterfront, SEA.

Wolverine - Leader of The Temps in Ballard, SEA.

COMMUNITY TALK
Giving people the chance to be heard.

In this section we interview all different kinds of ranks and personalities. It is always fun to talk to the community. As a newspaper, we embrace that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The interviewee has the freedom to be as open, comedic, or honest as they like. For this week's issue, we had the pleasure of catching up with Don JohnWalton. We understand that many leaders are extremely busy right now, especially in these times, so we are eternally grateful that he let us have a chat with him. 

The first thing we wanted him to do is give us a quick statement on how he is feeling after the war now that it has ended. Here is what he gave us: 

To be honest, I still feel a little sad. I have lost some friends, really close friends. I know, everyone did. But that's how I feel. Wish they were with us today.

As we started to talk more on a personal level with him, we were given a quick tease on what his plans are for Seattle since he would now be the city's future Godfather. 

My plans are simple. The city will have a present and active leadership to reach its glory days again. You'll see what I am talking about in the next few days.

Hm. We'll definitely be keeping a good eye then! Next we asked if he could share any thoughts about the process of rebuilding for those who may be completely unaware about how it would work.

Of course. This moment we are going through is a very delicate moment. There are a lot of people without a job right now, without proper sponsorship in this thing of ours. At the moment, all the city heads of the seven big cities are making both temporary and permanent auths, to help house everyone that may need it. Behind each temporary auth is a new permanent leader being prepared to take charge. Very soon, everything will be back to normal.

The fall of Don Wayne had impacted the city of Las Vegas greatly. We asked John, who is also Wayne's former left hand, if he could say a few words as tribute in memory of his passing.

It's hard for me to talk about Wayne, I definitely haven't gotten over his loss yet. I will always remember everything he has done for me, in fact the very position I am in today is due to him. He taught me a lot about the ways of this life, was always a great friend. I have nothing but good memories of him and the P.P.C. I hope he is watching me, wherever he is. And proud. It's still a great day for hay.

After we took a break to have some refreshments, we decided to end the interview with this question - how would your friends describe you?

The coolest of the coolest.

By the time the interview ended many of us here at the LAPS were itching to know more. A few of our female editors couldn't stop swooning. This shit always happens. Same thing happened with Don Wayne. Surely he must have passed on his transcendent beauty to John. We conclude that John is one badass sexy cowboy. Anyways, we didn't want to mess up any scheduled appointments he had so we let him go. We thank him for his time and continue to wish him well in any future endeavours.

If there's anyone you'd like for us to interview next time, simply give us a name with the words 'Community Talk Request' in the subject. Tune in next time to see who it is!

ASK NIKKI
Where I, Nikki Osavkovska, try to give helpful advice.

Maybe this section is bit of a flop. Petition to remove it? I welcome ALL honest opinions. Maybe I'm just really not destined to be an advise columnnist. Anyways, if you'd like a question answered - send it my way with 'ASK NIKKI' in the subject title.

CHATTY CORNER
Keeping up with the mobsters.

We were on our way to a restaurant and caught up with some mobsters who were hanging outside a jazz club we passed by. The weekly topic for today was: Would you rather be a crewleader who is loved and respected but forgotten within a month, or one who is feared and hated but remembered for years? Reasons why?

We asked them for their thoughts. All participants understood that their answers would be published word for word. Here are the answers we received: 

Thug @Victor-Lucchese-Jr: "My great grandfather was once a loved CL. And was quickly forgotten. No one in my family tree experienced being powerful enough to be feared. I know of a few great powerful leaders that were feared and remembered for several generations. Their blood lines even manage to raise to power time and time again. So I we say powerful and feared is the way to go because even when you are loved you have enemies."

hmm. there's probably more than a few people that could probably attest to that

Goomba @Obi-Wan_Kenobi: "A crew leader that is loved and respected because ruling with a iron fist can only last so long until people turn the gun on you."

this cuts DEEP

Goomba ImasheKorbinchenko: "If I was a CL. I would rather be respected than to be feared. I am a kind soul but if pushed I would kick some serious ass."

ya'll better watch out. she seems like a badass  

Consigliere Charlie__Pavanno: "I'd say that being loved and respect or feared and hated, it all depends on the people affected. In some form, no matter who you are, you would believe that you've done right in order to protect your family, district or city. Other people may have differing opinions on your actions, all you could hope for in the end, is that they understand the reason behind your actions and why they were called for."

interesting take on the posed question. and definitely makes me think there is more to this...

Earner DickReady: "People would say they want to be seen as the good guy, it helps their ego. But then their ego reminds them that they could be remembered forever."

warning: your ego is not your amigo. push it awayyyyyy

If there's a particular question you'd like for me to ask for next week's issue, let me know! Also if anyone noticed, this section used to be Called 'Gambling Corner' but I thought I should change it since not everyone likes to gamble. Pffffft. This is a better name though, isn't it? It means there are many more topics to discuss! 

CLASSIFIEDS
Advertising stuff.

For all the fashionistas out there, word on the street is that these people can help you if you're looking to get a custom suit. Highly recommended.

The Los Angeles Press Syndicate appreciates every copy that is brought, reviewed and shared. We hope to see your comments and feel free to give us some feedback! 

Report Post Tips: 22 / Total: $2,180,000 Tip

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this read. Especially the part about me.

You have a new subscriber.

Report Post Tip
John was sitting in his rocking chair on the porch of his house in Black Oak when his son Wade arrived from town. Wade got out of his truck holding a rolled-up newspaper in his hand. He patted his father on the shoulder and handed him the newspaper before entering the house to greet his mother.

John, who was naturally smoking a cigarette, held it to his lips and opened the newspaper. He was particularly interested in the copy of that week, as a few days ago he was contacted by the staff for an interview. He stood there for the next half hour reading. He had learned to read, but always had a little trouble. He had never been a great reader, since early on he had to work in the fields. But even with difficulty, he kept up the pleasant reading. Shortly after, Wade left the house again. 

"Son, make sure to send the L.A. Press a nice tip for this. Send them a note too. May they never stop this great work."

He leaned back in his chair and watched his son get into the vehicle and drive down the winding road.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

After reading the paper, Oriana sat down to dash off a letter to the editor.

NikkiOsavkovska,

My name is Oriana Montini- one of your readers in New York. Just wanted to reach out and congratulate you on your most recent issue. When I saw that Miss Korkunova had passed, I was hoping someone would step up to fill her role.

Wishing you continued future success,

Oriana

Report Post Tip

Dear Editor,

A fine publication.  I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to put it together.  You definitely have a new subscriber in me.

Regards,

Aurora Mastrosimone, New York

Report Post Tip

Princess smiled as she read the latest edition. Reaching over to grab her glittery pen on her desk, she begins to write out a letter:

"Dear NikkiOsavkovska,

It is always a pleasure to read your work. Not only are you striving to keep the public informed, you are expressing the creativity that is needed in these dark streets. You are a light in an otherwise dim world. Please continue to write and never let anyone tell you otherwise! 

Your biggest fan,

♕ Princess"

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Mikhail had just finished reading the latest Los Angeles Press Syndicate and wanted to give some praise to its author...

"Great job NikkiOsavkovska on the latest news paper. Looking forward to seeing another addition next week. Thanks."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Great writing this, roses to the author for good and interesting news from L.A

"Truly well-written this, keep it up"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Los Angeles Press Syndicate: Week #3
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL