Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 06:39:28
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Has the Commissar Gone Too Far? Started by: CommissarZverev on Nov 20, '19 11:47
*The Commissar steps out of a car, steps onto a podium, and begins to speak"

"My friends, I am here to ask a simple question:  has the Commissar gone too far?  Please be assured that you may speak your mind, freely, here, and there will be no repercussions from me, for I am not a man that wishes to see anyone dead over what has been uttered on these Streets.

It appears that I have generated a significant amount of ill will towards me.  Why this is, I simply do not know.  I try to be honourable and respectful in all of my dealings, no matter how mundane or undeserving of basic politesse the person with whom I am interacting with is.

As many of you know, my function in this thing is ours is twofold:  I arrange to loan people money, I collect that money, and some vig, which I then use to partially fund the Soviet State, and partly to fund writing competitions.  Nobody has literally given away more money than I have.  Nobody has done more to invigorate the Streets.

And, it must be said, nobody has done more to foster, enable and nurture the competitive writing community of which, it must be said, I am a leading and guiding light.

I have suspected that some of the animus towards me might come from my being wildly successful.  For this, I can make no apology.  There comes a time when the stars align, and things just seem to happen.  For me, that time is now.  So yes, I am more senior, more respected, far wealthier, and safer than most people here.  But not all.  I am not in the 1%.  Definitely in the 10%, but not in the 1%.  So let's get some perspective.  And let's also remind ourselves that we should not judge a man for how successful he become from hard work.  I was born handsome, that much is true, but that surely just brings delight to people as I smile going about my daily work?

Friends, I come here in humility, asking to be taken at face value, and treated as you would like to be treated yourself.

Is that too much to ask?"
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $200,000 Tip

In the words of my good friend, BelleCorsica:

I have to say thank you. For reminding  me that the human animal is the  meanest most insensitive animal that walks the earth. So my most heartfelt thank you and utmost gratitude goes to you.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $420,000 Tip

Well, since there's no danger...

GET OUT OF MY FACE AND THESE STREETS. YOU'VE DONE NOTHING FOR THE PUBLIC GOOD! YOUR CONTESTS DON'T FOSTER WRITING, THEY LIMIT IT. THERE HAS BEEN NO CHATTER IN THESE STREETS SINCE YOU CAME AROUND. EVER SINCE THE GOOD FOLKS IN NY DIED (BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR PINKO FRIENDS, I MIGHT ADD) THE STREET HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY BORING. YOUR STUPID CONTESTS AND SPEECHES ARE JUST A COVER-UP OF THE FACT THAT MIKHAIL'S REGIME IS SO OPPRESSIVE THAT NO ONE TALKS ANYMORE. WE'RE AFRAID. THE BEST THING YOU AND ALL YOUR COMMY FRIENDS CAN DO IS GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR LIVES AND LET US BE. WE DON'T WANT THE CITIES TO BE UNITED; WE WANT THEM TO BE SEPARATE, MAYBE A COUPLE ALLIANCES OR SOMETHING, BUT NOT THIS. THERE'S NO FUN FOR ANYONE BUT THE LIKE 5 PEOPLE WHO RULE THAT ENTIRE DAMN WORLD. YOU'D BE DOING THE GREATEST THING YOU COULD DO BY TAKING YOUR BIG GUN TO YOUR HEAD AND EVERYONE ELSES WHOS INVOLVED.

Dominic walks away feeling satisfied and knowing that he finally let loose.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip
Dominic, you were to comment on me, not Mikhail.

And you are ungrateful. I sponsored your newspaper and protected you from VIPCREDITSGRIN.

How quickly you forget, Son.
Report Post Tip

And then threatened my life because of Grin, you did so this morning. CommissarZverev

Report Post Tip
That's a slanderous outrage. I asked you to treat Grin's son as you would me. I killed the poor fuller's father, so I just wanted to help him.

Don't lie about me, Son. Justify your wild claim.
Report Post Tip

Well, I'll surely treat him as I am you. I'd be glad to.

Report Post Tip

Just further evidence of the sub-par tailor turned sub-par editor being factually flawed, Commissar. I wouldn't pay him much mind. 

Until he gets Made anyway, because at that very moment "[he] can kill you without auth if [he] deem[s] it necessary". A truly terrifying prospect for all esteemed businessmen like ourselves.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Dominic, look, I was born in the Pocky-aisle of a Japanese convenience store, deep in the fishmonger slums of East Palo Alto. I just popped out like a mentos while my fat mother chewed on a stick of jerky she hadn't even bought yet; nude, placenta-covered, a full head of hair and yelling and crying with a man's voice. And as Junichiro the store clerk gently mopped my infant body into the back room, where I would survive off wasabi nuts until I was strong enough to get a job, I resolved to work my way up in life, station by station, until I got to the very top. Today I stand here a full-grown Randy, a man who eats as much junkfood as he wants and goes to bed whenever he likes, and I will be your Junichiro who pushes you towards the road to success: write the Star-Examiner, a paper you claim to write from the year 2019, with as much cynicism and anger as you did that rant, and it might actually be worth reading. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Here is the thing Commissar, if you’re on their side, The State, then no you aren’t going too far for them. If it is anyone else, then yes, all you do is cross lines and twist words. It’s the old adage, it’s funny when it’s happening to someone else. And because of your backing, who you’ve rightfully aligned with, you have free reign throughout these streets. Where everyone else has to bite their tongues, you speak freely. The mouthpiece always gets off without and blowback.

Now, with that being said, this is the mob, and you are very good at what you do. Rigging competitions, manipulating people, that is what it’s about. How it is supposed to be actually. But that doesn’t mean you deal in honor or respect. You very well may with your higher ups and fellow comrades but, anyone else has never been granted the respect that you claim to deserve. 

Maybe it’s boredom or just how you are wired, you get off on stirring the pot. And once again, you are very good at it. But not everyone needs or wants to listen to it. The majority of those who aren’t with you are either afraid to speak or stay away just to be left alone. Unfortunately, that doesn’t always work either. The entire city of New York, that was of no threat to anyone and was only building things, was decimated because of that fear. 

Yes, Commissar, you’ve gone too far in your fear mongering but only towards those that would even begin to think about standing up to you. From Russia with love and all. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $2,140,000 Tip
And yet you're alive, PhilipMarleau. And Destro is dead.

You didn't hold your tongue when you, and your deceased bride, slandered one of this thing's true gentlemen. You ranted and railed and called my dead friend a monster.

And yet, you live, Philip.

How do you explain that?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
See what I mean about free reign? You can spout your opinions like they are fact and anyone who has a different opinion is flat out lied about. And there’s the manipulating again. It’s actually a little transparent at this point. You bring up your friend and if I say anything about him you start claiming Omertà.

I didn’t kill him and I’m not the one that keeps bringing him up. That’s about all I can tell you on that.

The only reason I have to do this now is because no one else will. Do you need to be stopped? Actually, no, if you did this correctly and treated everyone with respect then you’d be considered the greatest this place has ever seen. You’ve unfortunately only shown respect to those you grovel for.

Come on now, Phillip, lets not get carried away. The Commissar is obviously a very positive influence on this place but "the greatest this place has ever seen?" Wow, that is a bit hard to swallow, isn't it? Have you forgotten about the voluminous works of the mighty sub-par-tailor-cum-sub-par-editor, Dominic?

Oh wait, they are fucking terrible and he's a slimy wretch, so maybe you are right after all.   

PhilipMarleau, if I'm so bad, and my reach so extreme, then why did your wife die peacefully and why are you stim alive?
Report Post Tip
My “wife” didn’t die peacefully. You drove away someone that has been here for years upon years with your nastiness and your vitriol because you and your lackeys couldn’t leave her alone.
Proof?
Report Post Tip

It is sad to see someone who work so tirelessly and hard to bring life to the streets be slandered in such a way. CommissarZverev have done so much for this community. Along with the late NotoriousBIG he have spent millions of his own money to create writing competitions to encourage aspiring writers to contribute for all our amusement. Not asking for anything for himself.

I am saddened to see you slander him in such a way PhillipMarleau. You should threat him with the respect he deserves. But no, you continue to rave on. Are you not happy with the death of Destro? Do you want so much to add another notch to your belt?

It pains me to say this friend, and I still hope we can remain friends after tell you the truth you need to hear. But you need to calm down, take a deep breath and think long and hard of how you conduct yourself in the streets. 

Your vendetta against CommissarZverev and his friends needs to stop before you get more of them killed. Please reconsider your hostile attitude.

kong - not quite as slimy as the wretch, Dominic, but certainly not clean by any stretch of the imagination.

She shakes head and leaves the street corner not sure she will ever participate again.

The streets are a joke where people think they can be assholes to others, becasue their bloodline is older.  Well it has been made clear to me after what I have experienced in the last two day  and after I went through my family dairies that unless you are from one of the older bloodlines you are not wanted on the streets and you are held to a different standard.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Please go on, BelleCorsica?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Has the Commissar Gone Too Far?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL