Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 02:34:23
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Stance on Pickpocketing & Mugging Started by: Homer on Jan 02, '20 22:27

When there is a pickpocket dispute, crew leader's typically state they will not get involved. This was an informational message and is not suggesting that under made should automatically be shot for pick pocketing or mugging made+. The decision rests solely on the man with the button. This is not new, it's been in effect for month's. All city leaders are in agreement and no one is promoting, advising or instructing any made man or above to shoot. 

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $160,000 Tip

This is not new, it's been in effect for month's. All city leaders are in agreement and no one is promoting, advising or instructing any made man or above to shoot. 

The previous consensus died with the old regime. I don't think you can just roll it over without speaking to other city leaders by chanting "IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS. GET OVER IT!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

The previous consensus died with the old regime. I don't think you can just roll it over without speaking to other city leaders by chanting "IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS. GET OVER IT!"

The answer is simple my friend, pickpocket at your own risk. It is what it is, and the only to change something you don't agree with is to be in that position and change it yourself.  Complaining about it isn't doing anything.

Report Post Tip

I'm not complaining rather pointing out a clear discrepancy. If it was truly agreed upon there wouldn't be uppers opposing it or offering their suggestion. I admire the transparency at work here but the back and forth is putting some of us in a state of confusion. 

Report Post Tip

I would agree if that were the case. Let me clarify... This was discussed with CURRENT city leaders and agreed upon. We chose Homer as our spokesperson because he is one of the original author's of this ruling. 

My words have no hidden meaning, I never said, inferred or shouted... "IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS. GET OVER IT!"

That's just not how I do things. I'm doing my best to answer questions and would prefer we converse in a polite manner.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $240,000 Tip

At first, it may seem as if with these crimes the stakes are relatively low, but when you take into account that these events have been occurring on the American map for decades and it always has brought controversy and regularly been up for debate and discussion, it means that for a part of the community, the stakes are higher. 
You're an organised crime boss and you want to run your family as smoothly as possible. One of the challenges for you is to find ways to maintain the integrity of your own members while at the same time dealing with the events that have or will happen in your immediate surroundings and is related to the integrity of the members of other families, even if they are not explicitly stated.

Usually, the best way to maintain this is for the leaders to set the rules, where there are limitations on certain activities, make sure that those rules are imposed throughout every level of the organisation without any exceptions and at the same time do their best to find ways of keeping the lines of communication open between their family members and other family leaders in order to maintain community among themselves.
Even though this, by some community members, is seen as just an illusion of community.

Unless these rules that are set by each organization within their own families, districts and cities clearly explain what is allowed or not allowed a breeding ground for either harmony or abuse.
Having said all that, I believe that it's a difficult environment we are living in. This is going to make it tougher for us, not easier, but harder for us. It is also going to force us to deal with and better our own internal conflicts while helping to rebuild relationships within the family and to our neighbours.

*Vanishes into the crowd while still mumbling to himself*

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

what's wrong with banking your money so you don't get robbed in the first place if that is a concern of yours? you have this option yet you want to tempt fate and leave it out so...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Banking your money doesn't stop people from trying to pilfer your pockets
Report Post Tip

Nyalathotep was in the crowd listening to the Debate when she heard a comment that baffled her at first she was content just listening but now she had something to say?

"Randall how do you figure? if you bank your money there is nothing in your pockets to steal, and if you knock over the local post office down on 12th street and they pick your pocket they will get 500 dollars at most" "WHOOPIE" she said sarcastically "that 500 they took could be earned back in literally 3 seconds if you make a stink about 500 measly dollars or a meager 15 grand then why not do something about it? just remember ever action has an equal and opposite reaction"

having said her piece Nyalathotep steps off the soapbox and awaits his response 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Randall how do you figure? if you bank your money there is nothing in your pockets to steal, and if you knock over the local post office down on 12th street and they pick your pocket they will get 500 dollars at most"

Jan 02, 04:24:32 You PICKPOCKETED! Thrush, but walked away with nothing.

does that answer your question? 

Report Post Tip

"it does answer my question but also proves my point, the guy you pickpocketed had nothing to steal, now apply that to yourself 9 out of 10 times pickpockets wont waste their time pickpocketing you if you dont have an obvious wad of cash stuffed in your back pocket and getting either the gift of nothing or a measly 500 dollars then having to lay low for an hour. would you not agree there are more juicier targets for them walking their beat elsewhere?"

just remember ever action has an equal and opposite reaction"

this is very true...mugging is the equal opposite reaction to unwanted pp, it should end there that is the reason it is here and why it is not rank defined?

Report Post Tip

After hearing all the discussion Sachetto thought he'd chime in to the discussion one more time, he still questions the actual validity of this rule, because wouldn't this require Made Men to respect Capo's (and so on) using the same concept? And if you do apply this; how do you take into account youngsters in positions of power? Say a Wise Guy is a Left or Right hand? Would they fall under the same concept Homer ?

Sachetto you're not understanding the narrative here. The process is set here to give rank to made man+ and that plus is the important part to you asking me the question. The rule is for "anyone under made man, mugging those over made man" So you saying the same rules should apply is incorrect. As you have earned your stripes from made man and then each promotion within your organisation. So for me, made man mugging a capo is fair game, as BOTH have earned the right to do this. 

The whole point is to give some extra meaning to the button. Once you get that button, you are welcomed into your organisations fold. It starts at the button. 

To clarify my stance and how ive understood; not on person has said no rank cant mug another. Whats been said is that there is now extra consequences for such action should you mug anyone above mademan if you are not of the same rank or higher. Every action has its opposite reaction. being pick pocket means you can get mugged...mug a made man and above when you arent of the button rank your self could result in you being shot at. 

Its down to you to decide if you want to make that choice or not. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

*Zeitgeist had been developing an increasingly intense migraine listening to bicker, and argue for what genuinely appeared to be the sake of it, he grabbed his coat and stepped out onto the street*

I really, honestly and truly do not understand why people are becoming so insufferable on this topic. The core reason behind this ruling wasn't so that Made Men can get their hands on a pittance of $15,000 and if as an associate you demonstrate even a modicum of common sense you are at absolutely no risk of dying either. Think about the actual argument you are tying to make for just a moment here.

You are a lowly associate stealing from Made Men, that is actually what you are doing, complaining about the injustice of not being able to "defend yourselves", when no one is actually threatening your life, in actuality what you are saying is you are too lazy to put your money away safely. Made Men are more important than you and leadership is trying desperately to re-establish this level of respect. If you aren't happy with it go back to working an office job.... and you know what will happen there? The same thing, the boss gets to work at different times, shit on a nicer toilet and get better coffee than you, because that's just how the world works. Work hard and show respect and that will be you one day.

For people still not comfortable with that, then simply don't expose yourself to risk. Not sure how? I'll explain it to you slowly.

Complaint

I don't want to be shot!

Solution

Then quite simply don't Pick Pocket any Made Men+ and there is absolutely no chance of you being exposed to this

Complaint

I still want to train my skills as a professional pickpocket!

Solution

You still can, there are plenty of hapless corrupt agents stumbling around who you can train on

Complaint

I don't want to train on corrupt agents because "insert stupid reason here"

Solution

Then speak to fellow associates in other cities and create an agreement between you to practice on each other when you are traveling around

Complaint 

Made Men are going to steal millions from me...

Solution

No they aren't, if you are stupid enough to stroll the streets as a lowly gangster with $15,000 in your back pocket then perhaps you don't deserve the money. You have a multitude of other options for safely securing your wealth, don't be lazy. This is also common sense.

Complaint

New members of our world won't know about this!

Solution

Hey, newsflash. It's your job as their leader to educate them, that's your responsibility. If they fail because they don't listen that's their fault, if they are uninformed that's your failure as a leader.

If you really take some time to sit and think about it logically this rule make an absurd amount of sense, it genuinely baffles me why people are getting their knickers so twisted over it.

*Zeitgeist shakes his head and walks off*

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $640,000 Tip

JustinBieber walks through the crowds of people and takes to the stand, the audience was quite large but not as big as what he is used to he began to speak to the crowds of people on this matter he gives a wink at one of the attractive girls then begins to talk

I would like to have my say on this matter, and while I can sit and talk about the politics of this all day with you individually I want to go ahead and talk about it as a whole, while I understand both sides of the story. I want to reassure you all that this is the mafia, and the rank of made man is something earn't.

To anyone below the rank of made man you do run the risk of being shot at for mugging a made man and above. You may not like it but this is how it is. You will have you chance to get your revenge when you become made yourself. There may be some exceptions to this rule. As the leaders of this world put together something of a Bible for you to see in your Headquarters

To anyone above that Rank of Made man you will have the opportunity to shoot the individual if you feel nessesary, this is not a must and I would say to consider your actions before you do so.

We as Crew leaders are actively looking out for anyone who is trying to abuse this and I assure you it will not be tolerated. 

If abuse of this continues we can re evaluate in the future.

JustinBieber steps down from the stand and covers his face while he dodges through the paperazzi

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

stop complaining. the big guys are always goin to try and shit on the little guys. whatever ruling they make, whatever takedowns happen, whatever decision they choose will first suit them most. obviously.

this is just the first in a long line of bad decisions made by the regime that lots of mafioso, associates and made, are going to disagree with. they will get worse. there is a solution but you will not find it here.

go and build your gun. quickly. .... then they will listen.

good luck soldiers

Bit of a chip on your shoulder Smaug?

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, and you are very right about one thing this is happening. It does throw a twist into things, and upset what some are used to. I can see both sides and honestly, I'd like to give this a proper go and see where it ends up.

I want to see made men have the power and not use it to shoot, but to coach.
With this rule in place the leaders amongst the Made+ will stand out from everyone else. This should be looked at as an opportunity to show your leaders that you have what it takes to be one yourself. Just cause someone PP or mugs you doesn't necessarily mean you have to pull your gun and shoot the offender. This is an opportunity to show initiative and handle it on your own without getting the leaders involved.

There will be unavoidable circumstances where someone is gonna press their luck and get cocky. The question you have to ask is this, is 15k worth the risk? Is it worth shooting someone because they mugged you? If I shoot someone that is potentially a big earner for a family, could i unintentionally start a war that results in collateral damage? There are a lot of variables that come into play in this situation.

When our CL gave us the button they are trusting us to make sound decisions, that don't put our respective families at risk or bring any unnecessary attention to us and if you pull that trigger you best be willing to deal with the consequences, good or bad, that come with it.
Randall, my guy has explained my vision to a point.
Report Post Tip
no my turtle friend. no chips. sorry to disappoint you. perhaps you can try to argue with someone else here instead.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Stance on Pickpocketing & Mugging
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL