Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 04:25:00
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Stance on Pickpocketing & Mugging Started by: Homer on Jan 02, '20 22:27

Gidan you are 100% right the rules are blurred at the moment and people are now dying because of this! Are we truly happy about the way things are going at present? We need change. 

Report Post Tip

Massive advocate for this! Reaching the rank of made man should really come with more choices and consequences, you're now officially apart of the family. But as the way things sit currently; nothing really changes at all. You're now allowed to run organised crimes for otherwise petty cash? I love the more realistic outlook here. Back in the 1930's mobster ridden streets you wouldn't dare pick pocket a well respected MM would you? If caught trying you'd most probably be shot down right then and there? So why do we take in some realism aspects and not others.

There will be cases of wrong doing without a doubt, but there always is when implementing new "rules".

I see a problem with what you actually gain out of the pick pocket though, It would be nice if say once you're made or above the amount somebody picks off you was Significantly  increased. There is no point trying your luck for $15,000, but $500,000? You'd be a little more inclined. 

I'm all for giving this a try either way..

Marcus then drops his two cent's on the ground and vanishes back off into the shadows

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Take control of the problem by voting. And only ACTIVE can vote 

Report Post Tip

Good point, MarcusGamberini, but actually is not so likely that a high ranked mafioso goes around pickpocketing commoners on street. It's more likely that someone would try pickpocketing him not knowing who he is.

Oh, a voting would be nice, but I'm afraid the mafia wasn't thought as a democracy.

Report Post Tip
Gidan,

A made guy would absolutely bully around an associate to increase his own earnings.
Move in on his customers for any business that overlap sports bettings, protection,loan sharking, etc.

If a made guy wants to hurt the business of an associate, of that associate isn't earning enough for it to impact the bosses bottom line, he's going to side with the ranked member over an associate.

With that being said, in no fucking world is it okay to put your hands made guy. Allowed, dissallowed, I don't care. If you're an associate and want to prove you deserve your button, disrespecting the button is not how it's done.
Report Post Tip

Yes but the things you just said move more money than pickpocketing. Probably, just probably, a "respected" mafioso wouldn't like getting seen picking the pockets of "poor" people for the little money he can get.

I might sound communist, but you don't earn respect with power, with people not touching you because of fear, not respect then.

If a made+ PP someone not PP friendly, he is the one not being respectful (from who comes that! ahah)

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
Respect comes with being a made guy.
If a family decides to bring in a guy, you're respecting the families decision.
To respect this thing of I rs, you need to realize, you simply do not put your hands on a made guy.
If he's punching you because you hit on his girl, you can't fucking touch him. It's just part of the perks. If a made guy fancies some cash and requires you to pay for his $15,000 meal he just had, that's his choice. If he's an asshole and abuses his powers, that's his choice. All people have to take responsibility for their actions.
It's just that, some people have more power and benefits than others. That's just life.

Hulk stomps by the busy street corner he has seen people swarming in and out off

HULK CANNOT LISTEN TO ALL PUNY HUMANS, SO HE WILL GIVE HIS OPINION NOW

As baby Hulk, my father told me to only steal from dumb ass people like those FBN idiots. He made fortunes without ever getting caught.

Sometimes it was hard to find them, being so puny and all, but they often popped up after a bit of waiting time. Their individual profits were not much, but combined with the experience and the money collected by the gods for the number of empty purses it was worth his time.

Myself i like to roar and not be too sneaky. But even then those FBN goons do not notice, they must be sniffing their coke or something.

Anyways Hulk believes there is no need to go about and steal from people with bad intentions, or people who can make your life miserable. If you however get stolen from in return, just make sure you don't carry anything you lose. Obviously as a gangster you can find yourself in bad corners and lose some of your business profits of the CL you are running rackets, extortions, trafficking or what not, surely they have coffers of money from all non-disrupted business to pay your meager daily fee in case it gets stolen??

Report Post Tip

Anyone who has taken the time to actually talk to my bloodline about pickpocketing and mugging and the status of Made mans.

Will tell you my bloodline  am a mugs. Now when my bloodline first came to these shore we did not we used being pickpocketed as a conversational piece. Until one day  a man name Striphe Gotti came to one of my bloodline  and early one to the shores and told her that when a person pick pockets you this is an attack and gives them information as well as cash of you have any in your pockets.

So my bloodline have been muggers ever since.  Attack me I'll attack you.

With one exception which my bloodline always has had except the generations that were protesting. Godfathers and CL should be the only ranks that no one mugs that is respect given to their rank that they have achieved.  These ranks should also be the only  ones allowed to shoot a mugger if they choose to.

These people will also tell also my bloodline has the utmost respect for made man and above. Even though I feel the rank has no real meaning.  Why do I feel this way?  Mostly anyone who is above made man  is there because of nepotism and not merit.  Most not all, mind you there are people who advance on merit. Not enough though in my opinion.   As someone else started Made man and above have no real responsibilities.  Make money and recruit members,mostly. 

Which is what everyone made man and above has to do.

So the real issue is not making Made man mean anything it is making the ranks above that mean something. You know trickle down effect.

Report Post Tip

Furious read around and then took a speech how he felt about this

Truly cant understand why its so much talk about a pickpock that only can lose 15k and then talking about murder anyone that takes this from anyone, it sounds very weird for me honestly since I never can understand that 15.000 can be so much trouble for a made that can earn back that easily anywhere so why kill for that any takes such a small aount cash

He shakes his head and also could understand many wiews on this issues but hope that this issue could vanish in the world honestly since 15k is a small shit to lose actuelly.

Report Post Tip

FuriousWolf, 15k is pennies. You are missing two points. One being anyone attacked on the streets is subjected to being shot. The original point made is any made man being pickpocketed can shoot without being questioned. The second point is because there is no respect for associates (What little exist) so here we have it in a nut shell.

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Stance on Pickpocketing & Mugging
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL