Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 20:23:01
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Member whoring Started by: PapaSmurf on Feb 08, '20 10:36

I remember the days when it was frowned upon to approach a mobster, fresh off the boat and fill his pockets with mass produced recruitment mail.

In days gone by there was a respect for the man who chose to walk the streets in peace. Not now, however. It has been a few days since my father was gunned down, and I have no desire for criminal work - just answers I keep hoping to find on these streets - to no avail.

That doesn't stop the disrespectful member whores though. No. The relentless hunt for a new recruit to fill up an empty HQ persists through sponsors like FoxyWoxy, who consider it an acceptable tact to send out mass produced tat to every potential young mafiaoso to drop onto these streets.

Is this new acceptance for rude, pushy member whoring really how low we have stooped? Coupled with the inability to deliver a cogent, coherent takedown speech, I must say, I'm a tad embarrassed by this current regime. Perhaps that's just me though? 

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $220,000 Tip

I find mass produced recruitment attempts tedious, however if you're a committed recruiter who is always looking for fresh faces, and for the right reasons, they can have their benefits. Filtering out those who do not wish to engage with you, for starters can save you a lot of time so you're able to identify those who do wish to interact and begin a potential relationship. 

Persistence though, I would not recommend. Persistence means desperation, and desperation means that standards could suffer. People should be informed of their options and left to make their own choices. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $75,000 Tip
Anthony was returning from his most recent business endeavor when he heard a young Mafioso ranting in the streets. “Awfully ballsy for a small time non-Associate to be blasting about a connected guy like that”. He thought to himself. Intrigued at the context of the frustrated rant he listened intently and to anyone who has feedback to give before finding his moment to offer his point of view in the matter.

“Hey, how’s it going? The names Anthony. Anthony Tanzini. I was listening to this debate, rather more public shaming and venting and wanted to give my point of view”.

Anthony waited for any objections before straightening his black trench coat and clearing his voice.

“Recruiting and member whoring are two different things but often times the lesser of the evils looks like the latter. I think it depends on the style of the Mafioso who is looking and trying to recruit. To me it takes more than telling someone you’re recruiting and leaving it as a short introductory conversation. I think proper introduction, statement of intent and questions of interest are a good place to start to keep recruitment from blurring into whoring. Obviously, once a young thug attracts the attention of a connected guy and the connected guy feels as if it would be beneficial to bring a young earner into a growing family its natural to reach out. It’s how families grow. It’s how guys move on from just being street thugs to having the connections that make him connected. However, I do agree that more thought should be placed in the approach. Everyone has their own style and their own limitations in flair, approach and execution. We can’t judge harshly one mans approach to another but we can look to make an approach better for all parties. There are better ways to address this than a young criminal, up and coming, such as yourself to come to our streets to slander a connected guy like this. I find it more disrespectful than your interpretation of whoring. I do hope you decide to be respectful and be humble enough to take advantage of connected guys in this thing of ours taking notice of your rise in the life of crime you’ve chosen to live. But I digress. This is my thoughts, I respect yours and hope you can respect mine.”.

Anthony tips his black brimmed hat before stepping back to the crowd with those who have began to gather.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Summer often walked through the streets, but was never seen speaking publicly. She preferred to be more of a ninja really; plus, when she was quiet her mouth wouldn't get her in trouble. A name drop from her city piqued her curiosity as she strolled by a small gathering. Interested in what was going on, she pushed through the people to find a small, rather cute - albeit clearly grumpy - blue creature, who apparently had an issue with his mailbox. 

Summer stooped down as the squeaky voice continued, internally chastising herself not to giggle at the adorable voice. Her eyes scanned over the aforementioned telegram that was posted on the little smurf's shirt and shrugged. She'd seen worse. Still, the tiny creature was upset. She waited for him to finish before even attempting to respond.

"While I have to claim ignorance regarding any speech you may be waiting for, I am interested in the messages you brought forward. I have not come across this phenomenon myself, but the journals passed throughout my family lineage speak of member whoring with as much disdain as you have in your voice now."

"However," Summer continued, giving the smurf a slight smile to reassure she was not looking for a fight. She really didn't want her new heels damaged.  "While I agree more effort could have been put into the message, I'm not sure I can agree that this is whoring. Everything I've read on the matter had invitations sent with no other communication, a message asking if someone wanted an invite to their crew immediately... so on an so forth..." Summer flushed as she realized she was rambling.

"What I mean to say here, is at least this was an attempt at open dialogue, rather than a closed question." Still unsure if she could walk away without any tiny blue creatures being ordered to attack her out of the shadows, she sprinkled on a little more sugar: "I errrr.. really do hope you have a great day though."

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Clearly this speech hasn't put off Foxy, they are now trying to whore me...

Report Post Tip
Whore you yanks? I said hey there, you didn’t reply and we haven't exchanged any messages since. That was also yesterday. I don’t know why it bothered you two guys so much. I’m just helping people who need a crew 🤔 and get called classless for trying to help? Very rude IMO. But anyway enjoy yall day :). Foxy walks off...
Report Post Tip

RJ let out a long sigh..

I see you have stuck your private conversation on your suit for all to see, if that truly is all the conversation consisted of then I would not call that member whoring, although it is pretty low effort interaction. I was only reading my family memoirs the other day and someone way up the family tree wrote about how during one period new people to these shores had their bank accounts filled with cash and keys to the HQ just being sent to them gratuitously!

I can also say when I found my way here that the interactions I had were not what you had, Mr Hulk in particular was an awesome interaction.

But perhaps these people just need some education, so why not tell us how you think the situation should be approached?

Report Post Tip

Appeal is subjective there is no surefire way to do THE best recruiting different kind of approaches will result in different reactions from the thug in question. When I first arrived, I went and explored a few options and talked to some of the representatives (recruiters) from these crews before I decided to further extend my association with the CandyLand Coven.

For me I liked to see them put in a bit of effort. If their introduction contained something along the lines of “You probably won’t join but just in case …” or “You should contact me if you really want to be recruited” followed by them walking away on the spot I would just ignore them and procced with doing my own thing.

Report Post Tip

I really havent listened to anything that was said here but noticed you said something about member whoring. If you werent aware about 8 years ago City Hall stepped in and told all the leaders the ban they had on "Member whoring" would come to an end and until all the leaders spoke in the streets agreeing wit City Hall all the RIAs and MIAs disappeared and wouldnt be brought back till the leadership didnt frown upon whoring. The leaders all posted they agreed with city hall and all MIAs RIAs and NPCs were able to be killed again, I only know this cause my great great grandfather Serotonin was one of the leaders that was forced to agree with City Hall.

They have put in place the job board and tutorial so anyone that is new has a fighting chance to survive in this cruel world but that doesnt stop the random mails from some CLs asking to home new players. I came across one CL out of New York BML who tried to solicite myself and the kin before me without completing any jobs or showing any interest in joining his crew. That being said if you dont want to be whored steer clear of BML and his crew.

Besides the only thing whoring will get you is a crew full of people that didnt put any effort in joining said crew and probably will wind up housing a shit ton of rogues. So good luck with your crew if youre out there mailing every new mobster that didnt even put effort into doing your jobs.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Whilst I do agree with the few who have said that unsolicited, low level interactions such as "Hey, you want an invite to join my crew?" lie in a whoring grey area, for someone who had done zero jobs - and even discarded the local "employees wanted" bulletin board, it becomes quite unpalatable to repeatedly shrug off the unwanted advances of an overly keen sponsor.

Furthermore, these methods are not the actions of a caring sponsor; someone wishing to advance the prospects of young mafioso, merely someone wishing for a fuller associate roster with the lowest effort possible.

Insofar as me being disrespectful, however - I have no connections to the mafia, why would I show a stranger in the street any form of respect for thrusting a crumpled, soggy recruitment driver poster into my pocket, without reason? 

Report Post Tip

To: PapaSmurf
Sent: Feb 08, '20 10:18
Subject:

I doubt you’re a person to judge class lol. Laters
To: FoxyWoxy
Sent: Feb 08, '20 10:17
Subject:

Member whoring. It's classless, and used to be highly frowned upon in these parts.

Sent: Feb 08, '20 10:14
Subject:

Excuse me?
To: FoxyWoxy
Sent: Feb 08, '20 10:13
Subject:

Don't whore. It's classless.

Sent: Feb 08, '20 10:09
Subject:

Hey buddy!iting in Las Vegas if you’re interested =) We are recru

i fail to see where the whoring is here?  

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip
You have no idea what my intentions are so don’t act like you do 😂. Your just rambling aloud of nonsense which I’m no longer replying too now. I don’t care what you say lol. Bye.
Report Post Tip

If I was to go up to you and say :

"Hello sero,
I see you are walking in our streets but did not join a crew yet
Maybe I can offer you a spot in my crew?
Just let me know."

would you consider that whoring?

Report Post Tip

After finishing his coffee Templar goes through his morning mail just as he did everyday before he went about his daily tasks, whilst reading through said mail he came across a rather amusing letter from a young petty thief who goes by the name of PapaSmurf.

Normally Templar likes to conduct his business behind closed doors but on this ocassion he decided to deal with this piece of business right here in the streets for all to see, seeing as the young PapaSmurf wanted to make this subject a rather public affair, removing the letter from his pocket Templar produces it to the masses for all to see.

To: Templar

Subject:

I thought you might like to see how your sponsors address potential recruits. Are these are the kind of people who represent you? Member whores who turn nasty when they're called out on their shitty tactics?

Templar clears his throat and lights up a cigarette, he takes a few puffs while he waits for the people to gather around "Good morning ladies and gentlemen, as you can see this is the mail that greeted me this morning, I would have brought the rest of the mails sent by PapaSmurf but it seems I didn't have to as it is plastered all over Mr Smurfs T-shirt"

Templars eyes scan the crowd looking for Mr Smurf so he address him personally, "Ah Mr Smurf there you are, firstly I find your tone to be totally disrespectful, I'm not quite sure who you think you are talking to in this manner but I will respond all the same, having read all the mail in question explain to me and to the general public exactly where my member was nasty?" Templar takes another puff of his cigarette and then proceeds to talk "Also can you please define member whoring as you put it? as I think you will find asking a homeless person such as yourself if he needed a home does not constitute said member whoring, I stand by my member in this as he has done nothing wrong, so unless you have any further mail to back up your claims I would like to know what exactly your problem is"

Report Post Tip

Ah Templar, good of you to join the conversation, old bean.

Firstly, who do I think I am? Well, surely your recruit should know who I am, or at least my intentions prior to offering me a place in your crew, surely? That being the case, I would suggest you ask him for a detailed analysis of my history, line, intentions and abilities.

As I hadn't initiated a conversation, showed no intention of doing so, and had actually binned the employment section of the paper, I'd be suprised if your member could help you in that regard.

I must say though - it certainly is nice to see that it doesn't bother you the calibre of folk your sponsors invite into your sanctum. Hope that doesn't bite you in the bum in the future, what with all these take-downs as a result of untrusthworthy people being housed. Scary stuff, right?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $30,000 Tip

Templar listens patiently to PapaSmurfs reply whilst finishing the rest of his cigarette.

"Good of you to reply Mr Smurf, however you still haven't answered my questions with regards to where my member was nasty and to what constitutes member whoring"

Templar looks at the young man awaiting an answer but before he gets one there are a few other issues he wanted to go over first,

That being the case, I would suggest you ask him for a detailed analysis of my history, line, intentions and abilities.

"As I am sure you are well aware asking for this kind of information is frowned up by the gods and can get you struck down by the almighty himself, so you are therefore limited in that aspect and as for intentions can we ever really know anyones intentions?"

I must say though - it certainly is nice to see that it doesn't bother you the calibre of folk your sponsors invite into your sanctum. Hope that doesn't bite you in the bum in the future, what with all these take-downs as a result of untrusthworthy people being housed.

"On the contrary of course it does bother me, but tell me this how do you find the calibre of a person without giving them a chance? one must never judge a book by it's cover as my mother once said, I take it upon myself personally to do the best I can to get to know all my members and find their strengths and weakness' and to help them improve where they need to, as for trust you have to have an element of trust for how do you know someone is untrustworthy if they have never had any trust to start with?"

Furious just stands and shakes his head over this reading, what is going on, is it so bad to ask other things to try to get some good information by, he smiles a bit over all of it and lights up a smoke while heading out again to another day of work in the streets of this worlds cities.

Report Post Tip

Watches a particularly angry - furious, even - wolf reading, and seemingly understanding the only written portion of this street discussion - the note sent to PS - PapaSmurf acknowledges the now smoking wolf prior to it's departure:

"I know, smurfing unbelievable reading, right? Completely unsolicited!"

Report Post Tip

PoshSpice Kicks through the crowds of Fans just to say her piece

Why would anyone feel the need to try to disrespect someone who is trying to help their family grow?

instead of coming to the streets why don't you help the young lady out!

your bloodline is obviously one of those that goes quite far back.

At the very least just politely decline the offer! 

Because your bloodline has been around a while why do you think it gives you the right to disrespect someone that outranks you in the streets

you should know better!

PapaSmurf watches, impressed, as the pretty young lady voraciously fights her way through the collected throng of people to voice her opinion.

Ms Spice, as you can see in our communique, I had initially tried to educate by advising. Twice I explained that I considered what the man was doing to be whoring. To each mail I sent, I received what I considered to be antagonistic responses, which caused me to escalate my reaction each time.

I don't particularly relish street speaking, but I am capable when appropriately incentivised.

Was it petty to bring it to the streets? Certainly, but is it any less petty to intentionally antagonise someone who has clearly and repeatedly displayed zero interest in recruitment? Well, that's a subjective opinion - much like member whoring these days, apparently.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Member whoring
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL