Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 17:19:48
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 [ > - >>> ]
Best way to upgrade cooking skills Started by: Reeno on May 07, '20 18:55

Whew -- few weeks into quarantine and I need to up my game.

What is the best book or video you read/watched to learn to cook better?

As I find some, I will add here too. Let's all come out of this a bit more fit.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip
Best way is to burn it or under cook it...

Or just experiment with different things
Report Post Tip
Anything involving Jacques Pepin. The Splendid Table is also a great resource for trying new dishes and techniques.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Thank you for the tip. Much appreciated.

I look forward to checking it out

Report Post Tip
For me, it was simply learning to follow the recipe. I would “cowboy” s many meals that it was it and miss. Once I followed a recipe for cooking time, technique, and seasoning, made a huge difference.
Report Post Tip

Basics with Babish has been really awesome for me :D  (it's a youtube series/website)

Thank you FutureStealer ~ I will check out Babish.

I'm currently learning more about Petra from https://nutritionrefined.com/ ~ she's a raw food chef and a holistic nutritionist. My goal is to discover/make healthy meals. I want to emerge from this Pandemic being smarter, healthier and happier.

I'll share what I find foodwise here.

Report Post Tip
Just gain experience. Google a recipe, tweak it a bit each time until it gets to be perfect.
Report Post Tip

Best way is to take a class. I learned more in an 8 hour class than I did by a lifetime of trial and error.

Report Post Tip

Watch gordon ramsay

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Check out HowToBBQRight on Youtube, a guy named Malcolm Reed.  There's lots of good channels out there but if you like to grill and/or smoke meat I think he is of the best ones. Take your pick of any of his vids and if you agree he's worth subscribing to.  Makes and sells his own rubs that are good as opposed to most Youtuber's shitty merch

look up anything from Alton Brown. He's a genius at explaining things clearly as to WHY things cook the way they do

The best way to improve your cooking skills is have a virus hit your town and you are on lock down. I've found myself looking up receipts move than ever.

Report Post Tip

I'm with you Rain ;)

Report Post Tip

Watching Chopped has helped. 4 chefs given random ingredients and a time limit, forcing them to be creative. 

Watch masterchef. Australia, not US unless you wanna improve your drama skills.

Report Post Tip

Must agree with the wild pokemon, watching masterchef US is the quick way to drama. Just practice, it makes "perfect"

Report Post Tip
get on the sims and grab a book off that shelf 🤣
Report Post Tip

Don't be afraid of salt or to let things undercook a little. People have a bad habit of burning shit.

Report Post Tip

I heard some people just cook the same recipe all over again, also not doing it right, and at some point they get enough exp to cook more complex things.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Best way to upgrade cooking skills
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL