Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 02:05:52
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 
The Candy Galore Store Started by: Dawn on Jul 14, '20 18:42

Kamarile has finally made it back to her hometown of Detroit. She decides to take a walk downtown just to browse and enjoy the afternoon. It was still pretty cool temperatures here, so she bundled up nicely. She comes across a place called The Candy Galore Store on the corner of Nine Mile Road and 6th Avenue. Now that looked interesting, she could always take some back with her and on her travels. She couldn't resist coming inside the place and taking a look around. 

One look inside and you see more candy than anyone should have ever seen in one place. It was amazing. She felt just like a kid again. There were candies she had never tried before like the Pez, and Haribo Gold Bears. They look so delicious she heads to the counter and waits on the lad to help her. There is a few people in front of her so she just looks around and enjoys the sights, if she likes these items she will have to remember where this place is and come back. 

The lad says, "Welcome to The Candy Galore Store, what can i get for you today?" Kamarile smiles and giggles as she starts to reply, "I would like to get 1 Pez dispenser, 3 refills, and 1/4 pound of Haribo Gold Bears."  The lad responds, "Sure thing coming right up." He goes and collects the items and rings them up, and states "$3.50 please." Kamarile digs in her purse and gets him the money and says "Thank you so much for your help, I am going to enjoy these."

Report Post Tip

Stefan was never one to shy away from a sugar rush, so while walking the streets of Detroit when he happened to glance upon 'The Candy Galore Store' his heart skipped a beat. He'd never been to this store before, while he had been to other candy stores this one looked different, it was set up in such a way that he felt like he'd been there before, even though this was the first time he'd ever laid eyes on this place.

Stefan opened the front door and that was when the smell of sugar and candy hit him and he knew he was in the right place to fix his sweet tooth, after taking a walk earlier on in the day this would give him the energy boost he needed to proceed on his business ventures, which only really was him talking to a few other mafioso's but he still felt sugar would be needed to deal with the Old boring mafia men.

While walking around the store a few thing caught Stefans eye, the Haribo Gold Bears, Dubble Bubble bubble gum and PEZ Candy, he walked upto the counter and politely but excitedly asked "I'd like a pounds worth of Haribo Gold Bears, Dubble Bubble bubble gum and Pez Candy please, and a PEZ dispenser if it isn't too much hassle!" The cashier replied "No worries, have you had a good day today?" Stefan Replied "Yes thank you, I've been for a walk this morning and now need a sugar rush, luckily I found this place and I think you have the goods I need to get me through the day" the cashier laughed, "Aaah yes, these will definitely help you with sugar" as they proceeded to bag up the candies for Stefan. The cashier proceeded to bag up the candies and pass them over to Stefan "That would be $20 please" she said with a smile, Stefan passed over $25 dollars and said "For being such a good sport, have a $5 tip" as he grabbed the backs.

Stefan smiled at the cashier and then continued to walk out the shop while taking a handful of candy from each bag and eating them as he walked out the door.

Report Post Tip

LadyHustle just loved Odessa and the Candy Galore Store.  It was a little early when she arrive and when you walked in Odessa was fooling with the candy displays.  She walked up behind her, covered her eyes with her hand and said "guess who".  Odessa just laughed, turned around and gave me a big hug.  She said "I knew it was you.  You are the only one that pulls that shit."  We both laughed and hugged each other.  

"Just look at your store.  I remember when you just had two counter.  Now just look at all this new candies on display"  The store has really grown since the last time I was here." I told her.  Odessa agreed that indeed it has come a long ways and it's always filled with customer late afternoon when the children get out of school and early evening with the adults.  

We went upstairs to the apartment and talked a little while.  When she told Odessa she was going to open up a hat shop Odessa was so excited for her. 

When it was time to go Mai filled up on her favorite candies and some new ones she hadn't tasted before.  She went over to the cash register Odessa wasn't working at and paid for the candy.  She knew Odessa wouldn't take her  money.

Report Post Tip

Wanting a little something to crave his sweet tooth. He decided to check out the business district to see what there was to offer. Pleasantly surprised he happened upon a candy shop and walked through the door. 

"Oh this place seems rather nice." 

Report Post Tip

Alina took Salvatore-Lucchese to one more of her favorite placing since they were just hanging out together. They made their way over to The Candy Galore Store.  Her mother’s good friend Odessa was in business now for over twenty years.  She had expanded the candy store to include a ice cream shop with a soda fountain.  Plus the candy menu included new candies like

Atomic Fire Balls, BB Bats, Bit-O-Honey, Black Jack Taffy,  Butterfingers, Candy Buttons on paper tape, Candy Cigarettes, Candy Necklace, Caramel Creams (Bull's Eyes), Charleston Chew and  Chiclets.

The newest popular additions were Bazooka Gum and Chocolate covered M&Ms

All Sal would say was “Damn” when he walked in and saw the all the different variety of candy.  It bought back memories of the candies he enjoy as a kid.  Alina remembered when the candies were a penny each.  Now they were five cents.

She found Odessa in the stockroom. She didn’t look a day older than when she met her almost twenty years ago, with that beautiful smile that took all your worries away.

They went upstairs to the apartment.  She had purchased the attached building, knocked down a few walls which made it much larger.  The small kitchen was gone and she turned two small bedrooms into a gorgeous bedroom for herself.

Odessa had them bring two chocolate sundaes from the ice cream fountain.  She remembered how Alina loved the sundaes.

Sal and Alina sat, talked with Odessa about what new was going on in the community and enjoyed their ice cream.

Of course before they left both of them left they loaded up on their favorite candies.

Sal gave the sale lady a hundred dollar bill and told her to keep the change.  She was so flabbergasted she look at Odessa who was standing there.  Odessa told the sales lady to just put it in the drawer.  She hugged Alina and Sal and told them she hopes she will see them again soon.  They assured her she would.

Report Post Tip

BBB had followed Toby down the street. He had made his way to a another derelict building. Must be close again. Seems like the type of place. He hopped off his cart and looked around. He wasnt sure if Hobbs had followed him but he wasnted to continue tracking Toby. Both men made their way inside pushing past the cobwebs. They covered their mouths with their handkerchiefs to prevent themselves from inhaling the dust. 

As they moved empty jars and bottles rattled under their feet. On the counter sat a 100 dollar bill. Pushing his way through the to the back and up a collapsing staircase BBB arrived at a door. Pushing it open he was shocked and nearly fell back down the stairs. Inside sat upright in a chair was a skeleton. 

"What the hell is going on?" 

He turned and quickly ran down the stairs and out the door. Learning against the building his head began to spin and he felt dizzy. 

He pulled out a cigarette and struggled  with his lighter for a few seconds until Toby steadied his hand. 

Toby gave a nod and disappeared off down the street again. 

"This is a long way from report writing"

Report Post Tip

Alina didn’t know where or what BBB was going on about but he definitely wasn’t in Odessa’s Candy Galore Store.  She had just expanded, added an ice cream shop and her place was spotless.  Plus she was a pillar of the community.  Every kid in the neighborhood had bags of candy for Halloween, Easter and Christmas not matter if their parents could afford it or not. Not only that, she sold the best white candy for adults this side of town.

Alina looked at Odessa and shrugged her shoulders.  I have no idea what BBB, @Toby or Hobbs are looking for but sure hope they find it. 

Report Post Tip

BBB returned to the run down and ruined building that once housed Odessas Candy Galore Store. He stared up at the cobweb ridden building. He had heard that poor deluded Alina has been seen wandering in the area. Now that he was a Big Boss Boi he felt that he must doing something to protect the safety of  those visiting the fine city of Detroit. He had arranged for some police tape to be used to cordon off the area. The rotting corpses had been removed and laid to rest in good Detroit fashion. There had been much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Conqueeftador had be steadfast that he should be the one to carry the coffin alone. 

BBB sighed to himself. Hopefully people would get the message that this place was dead and a no go zone. 

Report Post Tip

Rally, Rally, Rally

save

The Candy Galore Store

Aina thought BBB was a stand up guy.  How could he do this?  Well she wasn’t going to stand for it and neither was the community.

The turnout was better than she ever expected.  Besides the mothers and children crying and upset in the streets, the Mayor, local politicians, clergymen and well wishes all showed up.

She even had the support of Acting Godfather Chairman of Chicago Don Illuminatiated, Don Salvatore-Lucchese and Don Jarrick. Even her cousin Amon and her new partner Don Hobbs flew in from Las Vegas to help a fine citizen like Odessa.

All had come out to let it be known the injustice shown Ms. Odessa owner of The Candy Galore Store.

Odessa open the candy store way back in the 1930s.  She made sure every child in the neighborhood had candy whether they could afford it or not.  Every year free candy events were held at Christmas, Easter and she had the best free trick or treat Halloween parties with surprises for the best costumes.  With her generous donations and the help of the Mayor and community free turkeys were handed out in front of the candy store the day before Thanksgiving Day.   Not even three months ago she expanded her operation purchasing the adjacent building, she open up the ice-cream shop.  

Everyone loves Odessa and appreciates all that she has done for the community.  They were not going to let her go down like this and very large donations started rolling in to rebuild. There were some anonymous donations submitted.  Alina thought they might have been from MikeTyson ‘s Corktown 112s or HeadCoach ‘s John_Fareham Memorial All-Star Team but she wasn’t sure but appreciated them. Even the biggest kids loved candy and ice-cream.  What’s a neighborhood without a local candy store and ice-cream shop?  How can you deprive them?

Soon the new construction of The Candy Galore Store will begin.

Put that in your Big Beefy Bois BBB

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Killshot has been gettng more sweet teeth in his mouth every day. He thinks he falls into heaven the minute he walks into teh Candy Galore Store

"oh my god im going ot need to have false teeth after indulging in this" his eyes light up and his mouth waters,

He  begins grabbing bags and measures out 3 lb bags of Snickers,pay day,5ht avenue,three muskateers bars."

He gors to pay and wanders for a place ot sit and enjoy his bags of sweetness

Report Post Tip

Swarles stood on the sidewalk taking in the rally. He wasn't very familiar with The Candy Galore Store. Sweets had never really been his thing. He had an appearance to maintain to fit into his swuits. Suits, damn it. That was becoming more common with the increased popularity of his suits (swuits) store. But he wasn't going to miss out on supporting his friend Alina's cause. 

He watched as friend KillShot entered the store and returned with his arms full of goodies. 

"Save some for the rest of us!" Swarles joked upon his return. 

The sight of Snickers reminded him of his childhood. "Hmm... maybe one couldn't hurt..."

Report Post Tip

Mai just loved the Candy Store Galore.  She remembered coming there several times as a kid.  When she walked into the store and saw a much older MS Odessa still behind the counter she couldn’t believe it.  She knew Ms Odessa wouldn’t remember her it was such a long time ago.  Mai was happy to see she was still doing fine.  She had aged but still looked the same.

Mai looked over the candy displays and ended up with some Sugar Babies, a few Three Musketeers Bars and a few Snickers.   At the  counter as she paid, she said hello to Odessa and explained that she had frequent the candy store a few years ago and that she looked well and almost the same as she remembered.  Of course Odessa had met so many children she had stopped trying to recall them.  She just told Mai it was nice to see her and glad she stopped by.

Report Post Tip
LonelyWolf had a desire time from time for finding and eating some sweet candy. Not easy but he were not so long from humans and also now and then needed a sweet or two to lick on.

"Great place this was after entering the shop his dear friend Dawn had opened long time ago"

He got what he wanted and sat down under a tree and enjoyed the sweets in the sunny street outside the shop.
Report Post Tip

Joker loved candy, he had a sweet tooth just like any other person.  Joker ordered several flavors of now and laters, a dozen baby-ruths, paydays and snicker bars.  He order 24 chick-O-sticks.  He took his bag and held it like it was gold heading home to hide and enjoy his stash.  Joker made it appoint going forward he would be going to that store quite frequently.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
BlueEyes normally doesn't eat sweets. But his stomach grumbled upon seeing candy galore.
He bought 3 musketeers one,snickers abdx3 pay days. He went out into the streets enjoying his chocolate and grape soda.
Report Post Tip

He walked into the shop Candy Galore he  looked around then spotted a picture of the original owner.  He looked at her picture for a while then he spotted kid with his friends.  The kids friends were all buying candy while he stood there as they were all about to leave Joker recalled he was that kid years ago.  He called the kid over and said lets make a bet can you tell me which hand had a dollar in it if he guest right its his.  Then Joker stuck both hands out fist balled up.  The kid picked one and found the dollar and bought himself a dollars worth of penny candy.  The lady at the register said I know you had a dollar in both hands that was nice of you.  Joker looked at her then the picture and said

sometime I make mistakes and sometimes I get it right.  

Joker walked away.  

Report Post Tip
Jimmy strolled in Detroit coming across a candy store. when Jimmy was growing up he was allowed some candy on Sundays. it turned out to be his favorite day
he chuckles to himself "well what do ya,know today is Sunday...*heads on in*
10 min later he comes out with a pound if snickers,payday,3 musketeers and baby Ruth bars
Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Candy Galore Store
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL