Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 07:53:46
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Are We in a New Golden Age? Started by: Anton on Aug 03, '20 10:33

TommyDonnelly, I would not be surprised by the fact that Anton "...still begging to be friends with someone who is gone." as you point out. Just yesterday the man was telling me all about how he sees and hears dead people. Here is the proof of him saying it too! I know proof seems to be non-existent these days for some people.

“If I did, I'd be tormented by the visions and voices of the dead.” - Anton

As for the main subject at hand....I already covered most of it in my response to General Douglas_MacArthur yesterday in regards to the streets. The streets are clearly not in a golden age when it is clear they are a complete and utter mess. If only we actually had a leader of the streets it would be quite nice. They may be in better shape if it were the case. 

Are we in a Golden Age? Not sure why we would classify it as such. Is it better in some ways than other points in the history of the mob? Yeah definitely. Without the streets being in a good place I cannot state it is a golden age though.

I see that now the idea of 'money' is thought to have something to do with leading the streets....

Well that is very much nonsense. Money has zero to do with the streets or the ability to lead the streets. A man with no money to his name could very easily lead the streets. I think the streets would be better off with the 'shoes' unfilled until somebody who is qualified actually shows up. A leader of the streets as Zebedee pointed out would be provocative and original. I've seen nothing of the sort recently. 

Tad sighs and walks away hoping that one day an actual leader of the streets will arrive...

Report Post Tip

Is it time to form a council dedicated to street oversight and empowered with the ability (among other things) to designate a leader of the streets? Assigning a Billy_Russo type understudy to the Anton-style leader could also be appropriate, in case anything were to happen to the #1. God forbid a power vacuum open up at the very top of the street hierarchy. 

Report Post Tip

TadKnackered - you say 

"Tad sighs and walks away hoping that one day an actual leader of the streets will arrive..."

Anton is here.  Your hopes have been met, son.

Cromwell - that is a very good idea.

Should we run an election? 

Report Post Tip

As the “leader of the streets” as you like to call it, what exactly do you do? All I’ve ever seen is you picking fights and ignoring those that ask you questions that you don’t like. 

The way I see it, the “leader” should be fostering writing within the community. Not wandering into everything that has nothing to do with them just to say “Columbo, what are you talking about, son?“. How exactly is that serving the writing community? You claim to run the streets yet jump on anyone who does anything differently from you or even worse, better than you. That just screams jealousy that you have to interrupt everything that you aren’t involved in. 

People are allowed to write but only if it’s in your contest, right? As soon as they say something outside of your bullshit, rigged contest you feel the need to interject yourself into their business.

How the higher ups have continued to let this slide, I’ll never understand. 

Report Post Tip

Tad sighs even louder as he turns back....

Yes, everyone knows you are here. You are clearly the Loudest of the Streets. How can we forget when you always say you are the 'LOTS'. The acronym makes it hard to forget. 

Again...you should talk to somebody about these delusions of being my father since you were clearly born after me. I'm sure the ghost thing could be talked about, but perhaps you'd feel lonely if they went away. I suppose you'll have to figure out what is best for you and your ghostly friends.

Report Post Tip

The "HIGHER UPS"?  Do you mean, like, the Leaders of Crews, TommyDonnelly

Report Post Tip

I’ve never seen anyone hem and haw about respect yet give so little in return. All I’ve ever heard from you is how you’re the greatest thing ever and no one could ever compare to you. CLs and Hands have been put down for less than what you do daily and yet, it is allowed to continue, unchecked with the exception of those with the bravery to stand up to you in the streets. 

The only people that care about your money are those that you’re giving it to. I don’t want or need the five million worth of hush money you just tried to send me. Money can’t buy you real friends.

Report Post Tip

TommyDonnelly

"The only people that care about your money are those that you’re giving it to."

So you're saying that you care about my money?

"CLs and Hands have been put down for less than what you do daily and yet, it is allowed to continue, unchecked with the exception of those with the bravery to stand up to you in the streets."

Name two CLs who have bee "put down" for less than what I do daily?  

And as for the "bravery" of those who "stand up" to me - name two people who have been harmed for doing so? 

Report Post Tip

I don't know a single other leader in history - myself included - who wouldn't have at least threatened to put a bullet in people for some of the replies here.

The mere fact that Anton has the good grace to take these insulting responses yet continues to try and improve the quality of discussion is nigh on saintly, I must say. True leader material IMO.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,020,000 Tip

I’m sorry Cinnamon, we can’t hear you while you’re servicing Anton. You probably shouldn’t speak with your mouthful. 

Im genuinely curious as to how you think he brings anything to the table other than disrespect and causing trouble. You’re one of his little minions though, so I’m not really surprised that you can’t form an idea of your own.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

That is very rude, Tommy. I thought you were leader of the streets material but I'm not sure that kind of potty-mouthed behavior is going to cut it with the (soon to be formed) street council.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,100,000 Tip

Cromwell, I’m sorry to disappoint, but that doesn’t mean anything to me. The streets don’t need a leader. The streets need someone who will support writing. Anton and his crew have showed time and time again that they are incapable of being able to do that. 

And quite frankly, your opinion means the same to me as his does, absolutely nothing.

Report Post Tip

That is very concerning, seeing as we do not know each other. What have I done to earn such low standing in your books?

Report Post Tip

Cromwell, you have no standing in my books, it is as simple as that. I don’t know you, nor particularly want to know you if that is who you are going to pal around with. You do your own thing, I’ll do mine and we’ll never meet in the middle because we flat out don’t have to. 

Is there a reason that you think I should care about your opinion? Is this another one of those “you have to respect me” moments for you? After all, it’s earned not given.

Report Post Tip

Tommy, if you can't respect the man, respect the ring.

As of now, you've publicly insulted a CL, accused a LHM of homosexual fellatio, then disrespectfully dismissed another CL who queried your behaviour.

Not your best showing really, now is it? Perhaps Anton could mentor you to be better. He's a generous soul like that.

Report Post Tip

Where have I had other "you have to respect me" moments?

You claimed my opinion was worthless, I only asked why. 

Report Post Tip

Why exactly should I respect the ring Cinnamon? Other than spending the cash, he’s done nothing to earn respect, not a thing. Yourself as well. It’s funny how the ones that are screaming about respect are the ones that don’t give any out. 

As far as Cromwell goes, I have to have the same opinion as him? I’m not allowed to speak my mind? That seems like suppression more than anything else. I did not claim that your opinion is worthless, you are well within your rights to have one and I am well within my rights to not share the same opinion. What I said was that it means nothing to me and really, why should it? I was simply asking a question, I don’t know if you’ve ever done that before because I don’t know you from the next Tim, Tom or Joe, but you’re backing someone who does constantly. 

Report Post Tip
TommyDonnelly - are you in the mafia?
Report Post Tip

Enjoy your reign as leader of the streets while it lasts Anton, because nothing lasts forever.  There will always be someone below you hungrier than you, looking to topple you from the top seat.  

And remember, just because you have earned the title of the leader of our streets, they are still our streets.  That is not to say you are doing a poor job as Streets leader, but don't ever convince yourself that you own the streets.  The streets still belong very much to the people.

As for everyone else complaining about Anton being the leader of the streets, I'm not going to sit here and pretend I like it either.  But it's the way it is until someone else steps up.  That being said, it would be nice to see someone else take the mantle instead of it constantly being someone of the same lineage sitting in the throne of our beloved streets generation after generation after generation.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Why exactly should I respect the ring Cinnamon?

Because you're in the mob, Tommy.

As far as Cromwell goes, I have to have the same opinion as him?

Not at all, you're encouraged to disagree - that's the basis of debate. What I do suggest is that you show respect when you disagree... especially with a guy who's made his bones, and fucking certainly when you address a Don! 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Are We in a New Golden Age?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL