Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 05:51:43
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Are We in a New Golden Age? Started by: Anton on Aug 03, '20 10:33

Tommy, you don't have any conception of the things Anton has done for Chicago because I've never told you about them. Supposing they don't exist because you personally have no experience of them does not make it so, it just demonstrates how little you actually know.

And, if I find Anton's behaviour to cross the line, I will discipline him. People say a lot of things about me, but none of them are that I'm tolerant of shitbaggery so I feel on pretty solid ground saying that isn't how I roll.

I think the issue you have in believing he is so out of control is that I draw a line with actually offensive things on the other side of it, rather than whatever completely inoffensive, Destro-cartoony nonsense you find so abhorrent.

Report Post Tip

Tommy, you asked if this was another "you have to respect me" moment from me, which generally means that you were accusing me of having antecedent instances of this on my record. I'm glad you clarified that you don't know if I've ever done that before, after implying that I had, because there aren't and you were rather presumptuous to do so, if not intentionally misleading. 

You also don't have to share my opinion but perhaps the notion that a civilized discussion is built on the basis of respecting the opinions of others might be a good concept for you to learn, rather than explaining to people you don't know that you find their input meritless. 

Report Post Tip
Rubberlips - the question arises: who is hungrier? Who has the balls, brawn, brain and heart to lead the Streets?

Sure, someone might eclipse me. But given my genetics, do you think they'll be a one off or a dynasty?
Report Post Tip

TommyDonnelly becoming savvy on the streets is not something that happens overnight.  Practice, learning how to speak eloquently, and (perhaps most importantly) self-awareness will help you succeed here on the streets.  It takes charisma and the ability to engage people with your words.  This comes naturally for some people.  Others, if I can use you as a for instance, need to work at those traits to achieve the same successes.  

Keep working at it my friend and maybe one day who knows, history may look back at you as an equal to those that street speaking comes naturally to.  You can do it if you put forth the effort.

Rubberlips shakes TommyDommelly's hand, nodding in a very respectful manner at him as he does so.

Report Post Tip

Grin-08, thank you for your input. However, I’m not sure who Destro is or what that means. I’ve never come across anyone with that name before. 

If you’re ok with Anton being as disrespectful as he is to absolutely everyone that he perceives as less than him, by all means, go right ahead. The point being about all of this nonsense is that no matter what he does, that doesn’t make him the leader of the streets.

Youre right, I don’t know what goes on in Chicago because I don’t care what goes on in Chicago. That’s your guys area, there is a reason I could care less about the politics that go on here. It’s the same as it’s always been. What you guys do in your own back yard is all up to you.

Cromwell, best of luck on your path.

Rubberlips, you misunderstand if you think I want to be associated with any of this. You don’t know me just as much as I don’t know you. You don’t know me or my track record and that is perfectly fine and the way that it should be. My entire point, in all of this, is that Anton is not a leader. He doesn’t foster writing, he diminishes it by his actions if it wasn’t something that he sanctioned in his mind. It is just like everything else he does, if he didn’t think it up or even attempt at trying something different than he attacks said person. The entire reason the streets have gone much quieter than they used to be is because no one wants to get dragged into the mud by him. Your so called “leader of the streets” has run more people out of town than anyone or anything else here.

Report Post Tip

Tommy, are you one to foster "writing" as you refer to street speaking as?  Because there have been others that have claimed to be advocates of street activity yet go to other avenues and belittle others' styles.  This practice diminishes street activity as well.

As far as Anton, if his abuse of power as leader of our streets has "run more people out of town than anyone or anything else here", I was unaware.  I'd be curious what kind of data you used to come up with this figure.  It's a bold claim, as there have been many things historically that have run a great number of mafioso off of here, so I'd be curious how many people Anton and his kin are responsible.  Is the number somewhere around 1?

Also, unrelated to this conversation but for the sake of history, the Destro person that Grin-08 is referring to was a mobster that once showcased a beautiful rendering of himself standing over a psychopath named Shannon-Whelan here in the streets, which triggered a hilarious public meltdown from some guy that you clearly have no relation to despite carrying on exactly like him.

That aside, I agree with you that the streets don't need a leader, and I am not overly thrilled that it's Anton either.

Rubberlips, pulls two cigars from his pocket and hands it to TommyDonnelly respectfully, pulling out a lighter as well to respectfully light Tommy's cigar as well, nodding.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $163,456 Tip

TommyDonnelly, my friend, here is the thing.  I have sent you, today, alone, almost $20M dollars.  I do this to encourage you to speak.

You and Rubberlips can say all you like about how there shouldn't be a Leader of the Streets, but then what happens?  A return to the anarchy of the past?  The murders?  The days when only Leaders of Crews could speak on the Streets safely?

No, fuck that.  Not on my watch, son.

Now TommyDonnelly, you insult Grin-08, Cromwell, Cinnamon, and me.  You accused Cinnamon of performing fellatio on me.  If you knew anything about me, and you should as you insult my writing, you'd know that whilst I enjoy performative masculine love, I do so only in the confines of single-sex environments and, even then, oral copulation is not to my liking.  I prefer to love a man as the Greeks loved men.  Sunny side up.   I am not ashamed of it.

You should care what goes on in Chicago because we are a wonderful city, home to writers, artists, murderers and Douglas_MacArthur - who, despite his treachery, is a harmless little wench, and I like him.

That's who we are.  

How, TommyDonnelly, I want to ask you a very serious question.  Are you in the mafia?

Report Post Tip

Ah yes, calling a fellow CL a "little wrench." I think it's time to speak to Don Hush, maybe even Don Grin-08.

Report Post Tip

Douglas_MacArthur - I didn't call you "a little wrench" - please try to pay attention.

And Good God, man, can't you stand on your own two feet? 

Report Post Tip

Haha! You're the one who said I'm disloyal, and now you're suggesting I take it further? Hmmm

Report Post Tip

Douglas_MacArthur - you were personally disloyal to me.  

And where and when did I suggest you take it further? 

Report Post Tip

Anton let me clarify, it's not the fact that there is a leader of the streets that bothers me... it's that you are the leader of the streets that bothers me.  No disrespect, it's just growing tiresome seeing it be the same bloodline over and over and over again.  

All of this is just my opinion, and if I'm being honest I'm happy to be afforded the privilege to express my opinion in a respectful manner.  Other street leaders might not be as accepting.  It doesn't make it any less repetitive though.

Report Post Tip

Rubberlips, well, why do you think that my bloodline has historically become, almost by divine right, the Leader of the Streets?  

It's all well and good to moan that other people aren't being given a chance, but who, with the correct attributes, has ever tried?  

Report Post Tip

I'm not going to allow you to lure me into responding to you with gross disrespect like you've done to these other fellas here on this corner.  Instead I'm going to set forth a good example and simply wish you a good day.  Enjoy being street leader Anton, while it lasts at least.  

Report Post Tip
Duggee? Thoughts on all this?
Report Post Tip

Sorry Anton, I've been very busy since I got my Crewleader Badge and haven't been keeping my ear to the streets as much as I should. Forgibve me, but what are we discussing?

Report Post Tip
Are we in a golden age?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

A golden age? Hmmmm, my experience is that you cannot judge a golden age while you are living in one. The period when a specified art or activity is at its peak is hard to judge from the inside looking out, however, I don't think we are there yet. My family has borne witness to longer periods of peace, we have certainly lived in more creative times. It's entirely possible that we are on the cusp of a Golden age, a few more months of peace, and the streets returning to how they were 6 months ago and we may just be there. 

As you said, we have lost some along the way, there are those out there intent on anarchy, who because they are no longer in power and have no immediate ways of gaining power are content to sit in the shadows, throwing money at Tyler Durden in the hope that he will bring about that change. There are those who don't wish to contribute to the society that we are building and are merely content to shout abuse from the sidelines and denigrate those who contribute more in a single heartbeat than they ever could in their entire life.

Until those people are brought into the fold, until those who would rather sit in the shadows are brought into the light we will never experience a golden age. Its sad that the old money at this moment in time are morally bankrupt to the extent that they are trying to strangle our successes through manipulation of the financial markets rather than having the fortitude to get involved and make a real difference on their own merit.

Report Post Tip

Nope. 

And you're not the leader of the streets.

For "verbosity, consistency, clarity and excitement that Anton can." at least no-one can accuse you of not having a sense of humor.  If by excitement you mean raising blood pressure then yes.  If you mean excitement as in causing joy then it couldn't be further from the truth.  Spamvanno was executed for less than the bobbins you spew out routinely.

Report Post Tip
I really believe Anton is the leader of the street judging by his achievement no one could be more better
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Are We in a New Golden Age?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL