Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 02:04:00
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Are We in a New Golden Age? Started by: Anton on Aug 03, '20 10:33

I suppose what it boils down to is if you feel you're being led by Anton, then to you, he is the leader.

I think differently but it doesn't make my opinion any more deserving.

quite a subjective topic and one it's been interesting to engage in.

Report Post Tip

Zebedee, this is the thing.  Enough people see me as the Leader of the Streets (and not all of them support it, by the way) that it is de facto.  

I do my best.  And my door is always open for those who wish to discuss what could be done better, or differently.  Or who need a few bucks.

Report Post Tip

I wouldn't call i de facto although you can certainly make a case for it

I would ascertain it is subjective to the individual, it's intrinsic rather than extrinsic but i've enjoyed the debate.

Report Post Tip

Well, I invite anyone from this society of ours who doesn't see me as Leader of the Streets to say so now.  If enough people, say, 100 or so, do object, then I will renounce my title.  

Report Post Tip

You're relying on 100 people to read the streets rather than just popping along every few minutes to rob something or every hour to shoot something.

I digress though.

Count me as one.

Report Post Tip
You don't count, Saab. You're entire existence has about as much point as Billy_Russo's last words.

You're a fucking idiot whose entire bloodline is marked by consistent failure.

Fuck you, Saab, you parasitical blight on all that is good.
Report Post Tip

Well, that's not very nice Anton.

"You're a fucking idiot whose entire bloodline is marked by consistent failure."

I am fairly sure you are 100% incorrect in that statement but YOU asked for people to say they didn't view you as leader of the streets and so I said I didn't.

Are you now just going to attack anyone who disagrees with you?  Why would anyone be shocked or surprised?

Report Post Tip
I only attacked you Saab. Because you're a fucking idiot.

Times have changed, son.
Report Post Tip

I believe the phrase that is pertinent in this scenario my dear Anton is that it takes one to know one. 

Report Post Tip
Saab - look, maybe calling you and idiot was harsh, but I get so much abuse just for doing my job that it makes me suspicious and a bit hostile
Report Post Tip

I do enjoy living past 20 days to be honest.

Report Post Tip
@Mr_J - son, look at the ages of my people.

You're a big horse's ass.

I have a waiting list of people. Zipline. Tom_Brady.
Report Post Tip

Zipline looks up surprised at the mentioning of his name

What would i be in the waiting list for, ahhh you must mean you will still actually address my question that i have posed (repeatedly) in the contest awarding speech you gave 1 block down?

Ah yes, in that case i'm very much on top of that list

Report Post Tip
What's the question, Zipline?
Report Post Tip

Oh by all means mr Anton

if you follow me back to the other street corner

it's the question i posed and wrote down there just after Don Grin-08 has voiced his concerns and you addressed mr MacArthur in words I fear uttering at this point. Please take a look at the transcript left there. I'm sure the question poses no real challenge to you sir, for your wisdom is beyond my imagination of course.

Report Post Tip
@Zipline- son, I read what you said, and it maintained not a single question.
Report Post Tip

Sighs for being such a zealous finder of truth

You are indeed correct mr Anton, i didn't formulate a full question in that post, i assume you would respond to the question raised by Grin, your city leader to whose question i provided additional information,

However if you look further down the transcripts you will find me asking on two occassions if you could clarify the decision making process of giving 2nd place a much larger cash bonus and additional perks than you granted to the first place person?

This i feel is quite a pertinent question for I saw you already are distributing flyers for an additional contest. Knowing how busy most of us are, especially those of merit wearing family badges, it would be good to know how proclaimed prizes are ignored and actual prizes are awarded.

Report Post Tip
Zipline - 2nd prize was half the cash prize of first. I accidently gave 20 units of creditstock instead of 10. This is an easy mistake to make.

Rubberlips is complaining about 2nd prize - so what is the actual difference?

I shelled out millions of dollars to put on a contest for people to enjoy, and you, you embittered son of a hubris victim, use bloodline grudges to attack an honest man.

Why?
Report Post Tip

Oh mr anton

you are again digressing fully from the topic at hand and are trying to bait me in saying things that are well above my status. 

Honestly things you refer to are beyond my understanding, i have just a simple mind apparently and not following the meaning of your much more eloquent usage of the tongue we speak in this country.

I'm not embittered for i'm only 10 days in this life of ours and have had no bad experiences thus have not been bittered. I only expressed genuine concern for your own reputation in regards to promising prizes in advance of competitions and not delivering on them at the end of it. This concern was just as well voiced by Mr Grin. Would you say he is embittered too and has personal aversion to you as well? Seeing that you are one of his captains, that must not be an easy position to be in then.

Report Post Tip

Zipline, I believe Grin-08 was satisfied with my explanations as I haven't heard anything more from him.

What have you contributed to the Streets?  I ran a successful competition, enriched several mobsters, and captured the imagination of all who walk the Streets.

What have you done, son? 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Are We in a New Golden Age?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL