Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 02:21:23
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The imperial dragon Started by: Hanabi on Oct 27, '20 03:06

Long did it take to get the business to open finally but after months of constructions and leaving passengers to wonder about what will be opening here the mystery has finally been unveiled during the evening of this Monday with the grand opening of the restaurant. This would, of course, also result in a little opening festival.

The owner of the restaurant did not hold back at all with spending money to make it look like she wanted in her head. She wanted it to be like one of the restaurants that a friend of her mother owns in Japan, yet also be authentic while adding in her own style. The building has a unique style making it look like it was constructed with wood and painted red while also having been built close to the water, almost looking like on the water. The guests have to walk on a little bridge with a red carpet on it to enter the main door, which is also the only exit. In front of that door are two enormous Maneki-Neko painted in gold. Those are known as lucky charms, and many people in her home country have one at home for that exact reason.

The interior is gorgeous with wall art of dragons and other mythical creatures all over the walls while also remaining elegant and not holding back from showing off its wealth with all the diamond-covered lamps on the ceilings. One thing is sure either the owner is rich, her family is rich, or she has incredibly shady connections to make all that happen. 

In the middle of the restaurant, there is also a giant Buddha statue in front of a large mirror. Just in front of that statue is a little stage where performers can do their job. Currently, a geisha is playing the Shamisen, which can be heard as soon as the audience enters this business. Hanabi does not slack either while wearing her kimono and having her makeup like a geisha too. If she opens a business, she wants to be at the forefront of the action and ensure that it runs well. For that reason she immediately greets the people entering with a warm
''Konban-wa''  which stands for ''good evening'' as soon as they enter. She also slightly bows while doing that.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Frank was conducting business in Detroit, The man he was meeting suggested that they go to the Imperial Dragon.  It was a new establishment and the chances of police being there was slim.  Frank loved asain food so he agreed.  He entered the restaurant and was inpressed with the decor and the hoestess that seated him at the table.   Frank always arrived early as he liked to see what the environment like and get a feel of the place.  He was comfortable and as he looked at the menu he nodded with approval.  

He ordered dumplings and chicken fried rice.  The man he was having a lunch meeting Mr. Raymond Bernstien arrived late and as he walked in Frank just finished placing his order.  Bernstein told the waitress that he would have the samething and he waited until see was gone before he started to talk business.  Frank looked up and saw the owner greeting customers as they walked in.  Frank looked at Raymond an asked was he greeted to Raymond confusion he ask whats that got to do with anything.  Then the Owner walked by and asked who was everything and that their food would be out soon.  

Frank smiled and told her that he hopes that her business is a succesful one and that he would be stopping by from time to time.  The owner smiled and gave a slight bow and walked away.  Frank and Raymond reached a deal where Raymond people would pick up and bring back several truck loads a month and they would get a truck amonth for themselves.   Just then their food arrived the two shook hands and ate they started talking baseball and teams that might make it to the pennot.  

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

It seems like she did not have to wait too long until the first person that seemed different from other people; normal people arrived through the door. The business nonetheless seemed to go very well with people storming in. She knew that people in this country liked Asian food but not that they liked it that much. All the better for her, moreover she likes learning so this is good for her anyway. However, she also wanted to meet some people who are worth talking to, conducting business and just forming long-term connections in general if the chemistry allows it. Frank-Rosario just looked different from the other people here. First of all, he was smarter dressed than the other men, and he also just has this confident aura around him.

The woman could not help but to express a slight interest in getting to know him so she watches him from afar and so she asked the waitress what he ordered. She told him that it was dumplings and chicken fried rice so she smiled and told him to give him and his company a big portion while she will bring him a little extra. It did not really take long for the food to arrive.

Shortly after Hanabi also arrived with a bottle of premium sake, that she holds in one hand and little cups to go along in the other hand and asks ''Sorry to disturb you, but would you like to have a bottle of high-quality sake? It is one the house'' she mentions while smiling at them. It was her way of making a first conversation happen.

Report Post Tip

Angela stepped carefully across the bridge that led to the entrance of Hanabi's new restaurant, looking everywhere as she walked. There had been a rumor circulating around that there were giant cats here at the Imperial Dragon, and she couldn't wait to see them.

There, by the door! Not actual live cats, she realized now, but large nonetheless, and painted a stunning gold color. Angela stood in front of them, awed, as other diners came and went. Where would you find such decor? She had to find out immediately. Angela opened the door to the restaurant, entered, and gasped.

The elegance! Even better, the cleanliness! The entire place was a study in decadent spotlessness. Artwork adorned the walls everywhere, but Angela's attention was held mostly by the crystal lamp coverings overhead. Sparkly reflections were being cast everywhere, it would take a whole team of men on ladders to polish them all, surely! 

Sounds from the stage brought Angela back to earth again. As a woman there began to play an odd-looking guitar, she noticed yet another statue nearby, this one of a chubby, grinning man not unlike the cats outside the door. A woman came to bow in front of her, dressed beautifully and with perfect hair and makeup. Angela didn't recognize her crew mate Hanabi at all, even as she recited a welcome in a foreign tongue. 

"Con bawn wah." She had no idea what she was saying, but she bowed back, her tiny hands pressed together in what she hoped was a sign of respect. 

"You have... tea?"

Report Post Tip

After the arrival of Frank-Rosario, it should not take long at all for the next what she likes to call ''person of importance'' to show up in her business. Much to her surprise this time, it was also a person that she knows quite well. Now that is not a negative at all. In fact, she is quite honoured and happy about the fact that a crewmember and upper of hers decided to give her newly opened restaurant a visit. For her, that is very kind as it shows that she is being thought about and wants to support her in a way as well.

So, therefore, Hanabi said ''sumimasen gentlemen I will be back'' as she puts the bottle on the table for now and excuses herself like that as soon as she sees Monkey_Schrute entering the restaurant. She is quick to be back at the entrance and greet her just like the other quests ''Shrute-sama I did not expect you to visit me! I am delighted to see you'' the woman adds after bowing in front of her, revealing that it was indeed Hanabi herself talking to her now. 

''Why don´t you have a  seat? I recommend the VIP seats in front of the stage. Of course, you don´t have to pay anything to get access to sit there. That will be all on me. But maybe music is not for you and you would like somewhere else?'' She thinks a bit about the tea before asking another question ''I can get tea for sure. What kind of tea do you like? Would you also like to eat something?''

Report Post Tip

Frank was talking with Raymond about sports the owner walked back over with a bottle of Sake.  Frank looked at her and smiled he had been watching her as she greeted customers and he smiled at her when she greeted them the first time.  However this time he asked her her name and she replied Hanabi.  Frank introduced himself and thanked her for the bottle of sake.  Frank had rice wine before and he knew that it packed a punch at the end of the night.  He told Hanabi that if there was anything he could do for her she should give him a call as he handed her his card.  

When the young woman walked away Frank looked at Raymond as Raymond made the comment look at the legs on her.  Frank gave Raymond a look and Raymond replied I got eyes.  Frank replied if you want to keep them keep you mouth shut and show some respect.  She trying to run a business not get hitch to the likes of us.  Raymond nodded then told Frank you know if you could date her you would.  Frank poured the Sake and handed Raymond a cup and went back to talking about baseball again until he locked eyes with Hanabi again when they did he raised his cup of sake to her and nodded to say thank you once again.

Report Post Tip

The woman now got back to the table where Frank-Rosario sits with his partner and smiles while excusing herself again. She hears that his name is Frank after introducing herself as Hanabi and adds ''Frank? It is a powerful name'' she adds smiling. She accepts his card while gently bowing down before she got the other customer. Not noticing their looks or anything at all but men will be men.

After a while, the woman told Monkey_Schrute that she can just come to get her and tell her when she made the decision on where she wants to sit and leaves her, for now, to be with one of the waitresses to advise her on what places are the best ones to sit and why that is the case. Different people can like different locations for different reasons, after all.

So now after a while, Hanabi returns to the table of Frank and asks him and his partner ''How do you like the sake? Is it to your liking? Would you like anything else at all?'' 

Report Post Tip

The restaurant had become quite busy with customers, and Angela watched as the proprietor flitted from guest to guest with ease. Angela had to admire that, she herself would likely become quite frazzled and disoriented. When the woman returned, Angela was shocked and pleased to discover it was Hanabi! Being addressed as 'Shrute-sama' had her blushing a little as well, she couldn't be sure but it sounded very honorable.

"Oh please don't go to any trouble, I'm happy to sit any old place. And any tea that you can recommend to me would be appreciated, as I'm still a novice drinker. I spent so many years just drinking milk." Angela shook her head at all that wasted time. The milk had her thinking about cookies, though, so now she wanted to see if cookies went with tea as well as they did with milk.

"I don't really need to eat much, but if you serve any kind of cookie or biscuit, that would be so lovely." Soon, a waitress dressed much like Hanabi was guided her to a table not far from another table where two men were seated. Angela was content to mind her own beeswax, that is, until she caught one of the men leering at Hanabi in a most inappropriate way. Standing abruptly, Angela's tiny hands formed into fists. She was about to step over to the table and give him the business when the other man at the table managed to get the first one under control. The words 'keep you mouth shut and show some respect' floated over to her, so Angela returned to her seat. Thank goodness there were still gentlemen in the world! She would sit here and enjoy her tea and cookies in peace, but if anyone dared to try and hassle Hanabi again, well, she'd just put a stop to it immediately!

Report Post Tip

Frank was excited when Hanabi returned to his table as he tried to hide that fact.  When she ask how was the Sake Frank smiled and told her it was excellent then he said in japanese taihen desu dekimashita.   Then he looked her in the eyes and she blushed and he nodded.   Raymond then said yeah whatever he just said.  Then Frank asked the young lady what where was she from?

Report Post Tip

Hanabi did the same as her staff. All of the people working here try to make the general experience of the customers an extraordinary day. Especially so during the opening day so it remains on their mind and they will hopefully visit soon. Customer loyalty is a huge bonus for business, after all. Not just to make an extra lot of money but also to be able to stay alive and make a long-term profit as well as generally outweigh the costs needed to maintain the staff, place, .....

And Monkey_Schrute was right to assume that it was very honourable as in her country you only say the same to elders of people with a superior position then you do. She smiles as she looks at her and hears what she has to say. Mentioning that she does not mind sitting at any old place. Hanabi cannot help but shake her head and then replies ''Iie iie Schrute-sama. As part of the same crew and my upper, it would be a shame to give you any cheap place. We should get you one of the best ones.''

She nods while saying that and nods her head again as the woman mentions that she just wants cookies or biscuits to go along with the tea. No problem at all and quite normal in her home country tea. Another popular option is a piece of cake to go along with tea or coffee in Japan.  Schrute was brought on a table that was pretty close to the one of Frank-Rosario and his what she assumes is a business partner, and so she personally brought the biscuits and cookies at her table. She could just decide whatever she prefers and even takes both if she likes.

As the tables were not really far apart, she quickly made her way to the table of Frank again and is really surprised to hear him reply in Japanese.  She could not help but laugh a bit as well and then said ''Tsuyoi o sake wa ī o sakedesu'' while slightly bowing. She also hears his question and is quick to reply ''Oh sure I doubt you know the city as it is not really popular, but I was born and raised in Nara.''

Report Post Tip

Frank looked up at Hanabi and stood to his feet he then excused himself from Raymond and pointed to a table where he could speak freely with Hanabi.   As they walked over to the table Frank said.

"Nara was once the capital of Japan during the from 710 to 794 i do believe then they moved to Kyoto.  If I remember correctly Nara has several temples, shrines, and ruins".  

He looked at Hanabi smiling as he looked at her eyes knowing that she was a bit surprised.  He explained that he spent a few years as a very young man in Sagamihara Japan he had good friends in Machida, Zama and Atsugi Japan.  Then they sat at the table and he asked here how long had she been in America and why did she come?  He asked her what are some of the things she like's to do.  

Report Post Tip

Hanabi never broke eye contact with Frank-Rosario either. She would consider such as rude. Now she was not staring into his eyes all the time, but her eyes constantly maintained focus around the area of his face. Hanabi did not mind Frank´s request to move to another table at all, and so she waits for him to get up and lead the way. Even helping him up following by a simple ''dozou.''

Frank took her a bit by surprise as he actually knows a bit about the history of Nara ''Eeeeh?'' she loudly expresses and tilts her head, to look at him like he is some extraterrestrial being. ''Rosario-kun!'' she loudly expresses. ''You are the first western person I met, that actually knows some about my city. Yes, it was the capital of Japan before it moved to Kyoto.  It was once known as Heijoo and housed the main court of Japan. Nowadays it is mostly known for parks, shrines and the combination of old and new. A bit like Kyoto in that aspect but more authentic. In Kyoto you don´t have deer running around the streets like it is the case in our city'' She explained. Of course, she was enthusiastic when it comes to talking about her own city. She also listened to what he was saying and nodded all time. Impressive. Now he asked her a question.

Hanabi thinks a bit and then replies ''I am in the USA since 5 days Frank-Kun. I arrived with a large ship that sailed from Japan and had this country as its final destination. Why this country? I have only briefly seen my father, but he used to work here before he passed away. Mother wanted me to experience the world a bit and become smarter as she says I am still a little child'' she laughs. Of course, that was only partly true. Her family was quite renowned in a bad way in Japan, and even if she does not look like it, she used to constantly hang out with some seriously messed up people in Japan. ''What I like? Uhm..I like archery? Tea ceremonies? Rhythm games? Kabuki-shows and walking. I actually don´t know what else I like'' she really has not experienced much but had a rigorous upbringing. ''What about you?''

Report Post Tip

Frank was surprised when Hanabi talked about the deer that walked through the streets of their city,  and as she speak about her been in America for five days and her father he saw a bit of sadness.  He was impressed that she had the resources to open such an exstablishment so quickly.   He watched as her face lit up as she talked about her home.  Frank then leaned back and laugh when she talked about liking Archery.  However when she spoke about the Tea ceremonies he immediately asked her if she would perform it for him and explain the meaning of each gesture.   He saw it once but no one explained the meaning behind it.   

Then she talked about hanging with very bad people in her homeland of Japan.  Frank thought that they must have been kids that tossed eggs at old homes or tossed tissue paper at the homes in Japan or they were picking on smaller children.  He himself could not see her as a bad child nor could he see her shooting arrows from a bow.  Nevertheless he had looked at her as she spoke and asked when and how did she learn to speak english so well. 

Report Post Tip

The woman continues to look at Frank-Rosario, and it was not for the shady connections that she has as well as the wealth and influence of her family back in Japan, then she would never have been able to open something like that. Instead, she lives a perfect life for the majority of her time and never has to worry much about money or power. She heard his question about the tea ceremony. If she would like to perform it for him and she then thinks about it ''I could perform it and explain what happens to you, but it all takes a bit of preparation and also needs to be in a quieter environment than here. '' She smiles.

The woman also continues to look at frank and then answers the next question ''My family got me a private English teacher back in my home city for the whole last two years before arriving here to prepare me for this adventure. But enough about me, Frank-Kun! Tell me a bit about yourself, what do you like apart from sake?''

Report Post Tip

Frank was overjoyed when Hanabi stated that she perform the tea ceremony and would explain each movement and the reason for it and home it came to be so.  Frank knew that it was a beautiful ceremony.   Then she asked him questions about him and his family.  He smiled as he spoke about his parents coming over from Sicily they were landowners and his uncles and aunts still remain there on the family estate.  He told her of his four brothers Victor the oldest, and his younger brothers Micheal, Peter and Phillip who were twins.  

He told her that he grew up in New York and started working at a very young age and saving his coins to open a few businesses with his brothers.  He was such a good worker that he was noticed by his grand fathers oldest friend who worked for his grandfather in the old country.  That Giuseppe Masseria started teaching him about big business and how to grow his company and think things out and to always look for new opportunities.  Then he went back to question her wanting to know when would she be able to perform the ceremony.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The woman saw that he was pleasantly surprised about the fact, that she stated, that the could perform a tea ceremony for him and also explain him a bit about the different aspects of it and why it is so popular in the first place. After all it is a staple in the traditions of Japan. The people who do these tea ceremonies are also quite respected in her country as well.  Now it was the turn of Frank-Rosario to speak and Hanabi listened calmy as well. Nodding from time to time to show him, that she is still listening. 

After hearing his story she then replies first before adding another question in there as well ''Well there is a private room in this restaurant that could be used another day to just give an example. My home works too but it is certainly not a welcoming environment at all for people who are not very close to me so I can not recommend it. But tell me, what do you like to do? What are your hobbies?''

Report Post Tip

Frank smiled again and told Hanabi that where ever she is comfortable performing the ceremone he would be there.  That there are very few places in the city he can't go.  He pointed to Raymand and told her that that man has great connection here and his biggest rivals are also friends so no one would want to hurt him.  Frank then told her that his favorite hobbie was horse back riding and going to the gun range.  He then told her that as a kid him parent would take him to the country side and he would ride a palomino every chance he could for hours.

He then went into a story of how he loved shooting he loved rifles and pistols and he would go to the range atleast twice a week.  He also loved tommy guns and had five of them at his home where he normally works.  He told her that she is the first woman that he has ever told this too.  that she was the first asian woman that he's met from Japan and about the three years he spent there.

Report Post Tip

The woman continues to look at Frank-Rosario while also sometimes taking a brief look around her. Looking at Monkey_Schrute to see if she needs anything else and also just, in general, to quickly observe if the customers have all been served and feel at ease. So far, the evening seems to be going very well for the restaurant and customers, so all is good. As Frank now points to Raymond, she briefly looks at him and gives him a friendly wave too. He doesn´t seem to be any kind of person of importance even if Frank´s words can suggest it. He does not have any aura around him that impresses her.

As to reply to Frank´s request she told him that she could perform it in a private room here 3 days from now on like all of it also takes some preparation with the right ingredients, setup etc. rather than be able to be done on the fly of the moment. She nods as he talks about all of it and then adds 
''What do you think about swords and bows?'' very different yet also lethal weapons that are more of her preference.

Report Post Tip

Hanabi stated that in three days she would meet him here for the tea ceremony.  Frank nodded with joy and thanked her he told her he would dress in the appropraite Samurai kimono.   He told her how to this very day he drinks the podwer green tea daily and has come to love it.

Frank looked at Hanabi and smiled when she asked what did he think of swords and a bows.  He told her that on his last visit an old mater made him a Katana long and short.  He told her the etching on it said translated I belong to the warrior in whom the old ways have joined the new.  The he told her that he never used a bow but if she was willing to teach him he was willing to learn.  He then looked around the restaurant and saw a few people entering that he didnt know.  He returned his eyes back to Hanabi.  

Report Post Tip

The woman was now awaiting the answer of Frank-Rosario as she asked him those questions. During all that time she keeps smiling at him while holding her hands together. Sometime she briefly looks around to check up on the other customers as well as Monkey_Schrute. Hanabi could not help but laugh when she heard that Frank intends to dress in a samurai kimono.

''Green tea is good to keep your body healthy and I am sure a samurai kimono would look good on you But to be a real samurai you must be an expert in the art of the sword and the bow. A real samurai will not sway from the Bushido no matter the dangers and changes of time ahead'' She assures while bowing in front of him. Hanabi knows very well what she was talking about. She continues to look at him and gets interested ''A katana is a precious friend in a battlefield and in life.  The bow shall teach you how to remain calm and disciplined. I could teach you sometime'' She smiles.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The imperial dragon
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL